Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Tue May 02, 2017 9:24 am

It's a weird situation. I mean me as a viewer wants to see completely different things to me as a player would want. Everybody knows I support guys in general but not always ones I would want to play with. Would I want to align with guys I have less of a shot at beating for immunity? No. I would want to align with average joes and older people. That's who I feel most comfortable with. That's why I loved last season so much. There were a lot of people I could relate to and feel I would enjoy playing with like Adam, Hannah, David.

Tony and Malcolm are good examples of people from the current season who I like as a viewer, but not who I would necessarily want to work with if I was playing. Tony especially lol how could you ever trust him? I couldn't.

In terms of being a viewer and seeing Sierra work with gross people, it makes sense as a player. You want to go to the end with people you know are disliked, to give you the best chance at winning. That was her plan in Worlds Apart and many others opt for the same strategy. This season she's playing better, she's taking charge (although it's debateable if that's a better strategy or not) but she's playing a different game to last time and that's really what you want to see in a season like this. Not morons like Zeke, Debbie and some others who just make the same dumbass mistakes they made in previous seasons. Sierra wasn't a shot caller last time and it got her cut short. It's entirely possible to be a shot caller and win (Kim, Tony to name two), so it might get her further, or it might get her cut sooner. That's the beauty of the game. You just don't know. The point is she feels like she's in control ofher own destiny this time, although maybe not now after the last vote Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Tue May 02, 2017 2:05 pm

Even if Sierra were playing a 100% rational game, I'm still allowed to not like her for her choices in the game. When Rob plowed through RI he was absolutely doing stuff that worked, but my goodness was it exhausting and frustrating to watch and I like him less for it. When your character becomes strictly your gameplay choices, I'm allowed to like or dislike you based on said choices.

Secondly, Sierra was all "f my tribe they're dead to me" on day like, 12. then she immediately gets an opportunity to take revenge, shake things up, and move into a better position, and she doesn't. She then goes into a SEVEN PERSON MAJORITY where everybody wants to go to the end with Dan, Rodney, and/or Will. Dan, Rodney, and Will even wanted to go to the end with each other because they knew they only had a shot against each other. Going to the end with them wasn't an original idea or anything at all. She was pointless fodder that was disposed of once she was no longer needed. She did nothing to make Dan, Rodney, and Will want to go to the end with her. She is no Natalie White.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 1:30 am

Andrea is so brave!! I'm so happy she stayed strong!! This is the first time where I actually can see why production wants to keep bringing her back, and I'm down with a fourth time after her performance this season. She's always a supporting character in every season she's cast in, but I sorta love that, and I can't help but appreciate that she's this second tier hbic who's basically an assassin for people like Cochran (</3), Dawn, and now Cirie, but does it in a way where she stays completely individualistic (which makes her dangerous and builds her own reputation) We'll see if she can actually finish this time, but it took the editors a while to give her credit for the game she has been playing this season, so I have a bad feeling. I actually think it makes her a better character though if she's blindsided before the finale (it falls in line with how it always ends for her). I've really come around to her.
Some of the edits feel way off btw. lol I wonder how sad Troyzan is feeling watching at home <3?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 12:41 pm

yeah I think I like Andrea more than I ever have, which I never thought I'd say. I'm still hesitant to fully jump on board, but I think she'll be one of the most interesting people left, and she definitely does bring a lot of momentum. Them taking Zeke out did make me nervous because ONCE AGAIN Brad and Sierra are still around, but Zeke was totally going after her next, so I think that's fair.

It's still all Zeke's fault. Bro just couldn't take a back seat to anyone for just one second and it's now cost him twice. Not good at the game and never even really pulled off any moves that were too impressive. Was the Chris boot last season his idea? I don't remember.

these freakin team reward challenges are no fun at all. I was really hoping Michaela would win the IC, too. An immunity run by her would be awesome.

I'm now EVEN MORE nervous about the three idols that the gross alliance has. ugh Cirie I'm so nervous for her ;_____;

10. Brad - I really really really hope he doesn't win. What a lame, predictable, forced, gross winner he would be.

9. SIERRA DAWN THOMAS - good for her for actually following through on "making a move" that she said she would. If she flipped on Brad, Tai, and Troy, then she might move up a tiny bit. Perhaps all isn't lost. It probably is, though.

8. Zeke - This is all his fault. Please never come back.

7. Troy - I NEVER would've believed that he would get this UTR follower edit that he's gotten, especially after how big his edit was and how extra he's been ever since One World. Not complaining, though O______O an OTT Troy along with Brad, Sierra, and Tai would be unbearable.

6. Tai - I hate his idol nonsense but I guess I'd most want to see him survive out of his whole alliance.

5. Sarah - tbh I'm still not sure how I feel about her. she is interesting I guess and there's nothing really to hate about her but something's holding me back. I thought her whole story in Cagayan was hilarious and she's definitely had some lolworthy moments this season ("your average person doesn't notice expired stickers on license plates *raises hand* I do! ^_^" *makes siren noises as she approaches Cirie and Andrea*) but idk she could still flip the whole game on all of the people in her alliance aka all of the people ranked above her. We'll see. I think she's definitely delivered so far from what the producers would've hoped for from her, and she's definitely not a dud.

4. Andrea - kudos to her for getting Zeke before he got her. I think it was the right move. I loved the way she talked about him, saying that him bonding with Brad and probably wanting to flip over to him was "super lame" because it was super lame. You had such a good thing going, Zeke. I also love that she's being aggressive and proactive which is always fun, especially coming from a younger woman, but it also means that people will go for her before they go for Cirie. She's definitely delivered this season.

3. Aubry - I haven't been able to figure her out all season. She's been so MOR2/CP2 all season and I'm waiting for something to come from her but don't know what it would be yet. gj on being with The Right People.

2. Michaela - I don't know why the producers hate her so much. I also was really surprised to see her break down, I feel like there's something there that the editors didn't tell us. I'm really glad she came back for this season and has made it so far.

1. Cirie - next episode she'll pass Parvati for top 3 contestants of all time in terms of days played <3 gj gurl you crushed it. I'm really excited to see how the rest of the season will play out for her, and she's always keeping me intrigued.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 12:48 pm

also can we talk about how the super dragged out pre-merge/early merge kind of ruins the endgame. Zeke got 9th place and 10th place and totaled 62 days in his two seasons. Bobby Jon got those same placements and he totaled 45 days. It's absurd. The endgame is now so rushed, it's almost like there's no time for any good shakeups to happen. So much is forced into way too little time at the end. The fact that the show can still produce decent season despite some pretty severe (and avoidable) structural flaws is saying something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Quote :
So much is forced into way too little time at the end.

I agree with this. I thought that maybe the solution would be for them to go back to 18 players, and not do 20 player seasons anymore. But then I remembered Kaoh Rong where I think they went like 5 days without voting anyone out (Jason out Day 32 and Cydney out Day 37) and then the last person was voted out on Day 37 lol.

I still think they should go back to 18 people but not have the season take place in a sh*thole that's gonna get half the cast medevac'd Laughing

20 people is too many if no one quits/gets evac'd
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 3:29 pm

yeah that's the thing. I remember Jeff saying that they have so many in case people quit or get evacuated, but what happens when nobody gets evacuated?

Kaoh Rong was set up perfectly for a Final 2 but of course they couldn't do that Rolling Eyes

Is there definitely going to be a 35th season? Does anyone know anything about what the theme is?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Is that a serious question? Lol Survivor will continue for a long time yet. The 35th season is rumoured to be white collar v blue collar v pink collar. As for 20 people being too many, poppycock my dear boy. Nothing wrong with having the odd double tribal on the same night or a vote every 2 days here and there. That was the one negative about last season. It was very rushed at the end, with a vote off every day for the last week or something. Seasons with 18 suck because you start out with uneven teams in terms of gender. 5 men/4 women and 5 women/4 men. I don't like that. 20 is perfect, 5 and 5. Everything is even from the off. Can you imagine being a guy on a team with 5 women and 4 guys and the women all band together early on and alienate a few of the guys? That would suck and it would be through just sheer bad luck of being put on a team with uneven gender numbers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 4:41 pm

lolz this thread is called Chaz JACK and Tommy's blag adventures, stop sassing Jack for his opinions. Only I'm allowed to do that! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Yea and can you imagine being on a team with 5 guys and 4 women and the men all band together early on and allianate a few of the women?

Oh wait, that already happened. It was called the Tadhana tribe, from Blood vs Water....

*crickets*
Back to top Go down
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Do NOT speak ill of Brad Culpepper, HENRY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 6:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 6:51 pm

FUCK YOU BRAD CULPEPPER

Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Thu May 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Lol yeah well there you go, there's a flipped example which is why the teams of 9 suck, although that only happened because of the redemption twist at the start or it would have started 5 and 5. At the very start it has to be even all round, 5 and 5 on both teams. 4 and 4 isn't enough so it has to be 5 and 5. I really hope they never go back to a cast of 16. When was the last, Tocantins?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Fri May 05, 2017 9:15 am

yeah Tocantins was the last. 16 is soooo much better. Like you get to know the people way more and there's a lot less pointless fodder. You get to have the fleshed out pre-merge AND the fleshed out post-merge/endgame, and the whole thing feels way less cluttered. They'll probably never go back to 16 but I'm content with 18 being the norm-ish now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Fri May 05, 2017 9:16 am

kyogre123 wrote:
Yea and can you imagine being on a team with 5 guys and 4 women and the men all band together early on and allianate a few of the women?

Oh wait, that already happened. It was called the Tadhana tribe, from Blood vs Water....

*crickets*

RT. Brad sux.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Fri May 05, 2017 9:27 am

I think 18 is my fav fasho. Especially in three tribes but tbh it's becoming less of a novelty now. Same with the adding the third tribe after a few boots twist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Fri May 05, 2017 9:44 am

I can accept 18 if you start with 3 tribes lol at least then it's 3 and 3. Plan Voodoo haha. I like 3 tribes. It means there is nowhere to hide early on. You have to be right on it with only 6 people. Then you can drop to 2 tribes at 14 for potentially 4 votes (but it must be evenly done, none of this random bullshit as so often you end up with one team stacked). Merge at 10. 8 jurors and a final 2. Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 am

Why 8 jurors and F2? A 4-4 tie sounds messy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Fri May 05, 2017 10:13 am

I liked when it was 7 jurors and a F2 because making the jury was like a novelty. It's a lot less impressive when all you have to do is get like top 13 which is super easy sometimes now with all of the constant swaps.

If I were producer and got to mess around with the format I'd do this.

4 tribes of 5. One regular boot, then two double boots. Down to 15 people.
Swap to 3 tribes of 5. Two regular boots, two double boots. Down to 10.
Merge at 10. Jury starts at 9. Final 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Fri May 05, 2017 10:40 am

I used to think jury had to be an odd number to prevent a tie but they often have the potential for a tie now, even if it's an odd number and a f3 the chance is there. 9 jurors and a 4-4-1 vote. I've never been a fan of having merge and then the first vote off isn't a juror even less of a fan of jury starting BEFORE a merge, how stupid is that? Can think of at least a couple of times that happened like Fiji and HvV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Fri May 05, 2017 11:28 am

I dont know why they dont just have one boot every 3 days between Day 1-21 and one boot every 2 days starting with like Day 24. This works out great with 18 and 20 people because with 18 they don't need a double boot episode and with 20 people they can throw in one or two double boots pre merge. And in this scenario we won't be getting anything ridiculous like one person leaving every single day in the last 5 days or whatever

In newbie seasons the pre merge sucks anyway and if they wanna keep doing 20 people seasons, well there you go Laughing

This obviously assumes they go back to a 12 person merge, jury of 9 and a final 3.
Back to top Go down
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Fri May 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Cagayan had a really good format IMO. 18 players, 3 starting tribes, merge at 11 with 9 jurors and an F2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Fri May 05, 2017 12:17 pm

You can plan to have the votes every 3 days then every 2 but unforseen circumstances ocur, like evacs and quitters. Plus I'd rather they had pre merge votes every 2 days and post every 3 when the game really matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
survivorisdabest

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   Sat May 06, 2017 8:29 pm

I need to blag about two episodes in a row because I missed last week! Chaz still needs to blag for about four episodes though. What has he been doing?

Basically I still have no idea how I feel about this season. It could turn out surprisingly amazing and all of my expectations for the worst could have been unjustified. It could also dramatically plummet into horribleness. As a result, I am still -undecided- on how I feel about a lot of the contestants. Either way, the remaining cast (or how they are being edited) really isn't good aside from two or three individuals.

RANKING...

11. SIERRA DAWN THOMAS - Easily my least favourite this season. She was so cocky in the Debbie boot episode and this entire season she has reeked of someone who is desperate to come up with epic lines to say to the camera. Everthing she has come up with (eg. "there's a new sheriff in town" or when she over-explained Russian roulette) has been lame and clich├ęd. She also, as has been said, has the worst taste in people. I hated her confessional about how Michaela made her feel uncomfortable. The first time she has tried to work with anyone likeable was in this episode when she was completely desperate. lol @ Cirie et al. leaving her out of the vote anyway. I hate her not because she is supposedly a villain or controversial but because she is the worst possible version of the 'strategic young female' on survivor while so many people are trying to make her out to be great. I am DREADING that Brad/Her/Tai/Troyzan will still make it to the end because of their three idols or because of Sarah flipping back.

10. Brad - I will not sleep well until I see him get voted off. Until then, I am worried that he will outlast all of the likeable people.

*gap*

9. Zeke - lol @ him. He really shot himself in the foot. Glad to see him getting voted off now so that there is no chance that his terrible F5 plans with Sarah/Brad/Troyzan could ever come to light.

8. Troyzan - boring.

7. Aubrey - boring. Also I expected so much more from her this season. There is still hope though.

6. Tai - boring as well now? Him and Sierra trying to vote each other out and him not telling the others about his idols gives me hope that he will just use them for himself and not to save the wretched hellbeast/ruin the season again.

5. Sarah - Despite the 'strategic mastermind' edit that is being pushed onto her, she has just voted with the majority every time aside from deciding the Debbie boot (which was clearly in her best interest anyway). She is great at umming and ahhhing and staring into the camera with drunken wide eyes as she constantly changes her mind about how she wants to vote. This will probably continue for the rest of the season unless she has a control freak meltdown again like in Cagayan. gj for voting out Debbie though, that was the best part of the season since the JT boot. I hope she gets scaled down to a UTRlol character (which she would be great as) if she is going to make it far.

*gap*

4. Debbie - As annoying as she got in her boot ep and as terrible as her alliance was she really is a great character and is already making me lol as a juror. I wish it had been any of the others in her alliance though. "Game Changers"...."Idiots" was perfect for this season.

3. Bulkie rolls - I can't believe that she is in my top 3. Gj Andrea for helping to pull together 6 people to take out Debbie then getting rid of Zeke at the right time after that. It helps so much that she is teamed up with Cirie. This is the only season where I would ever be okay with her making it to the final tribal council. Also lol @ Andrea being the only survivor ever to win postmerge individual immunities in three different seasons.

*gap*

2. Michaela - lol @ how hated she is by Sierra and Brad. Bye Felicias. It was sad to see her so upset about voting out Zeke but I'm glad that she followed through with it. Now she can just stick with Cirie and hopefully start getting some challenge wins.

1. Cirie - That whole segment where everyone forced her to cross the balance beam after she made them lose was super embarrassing and cringe-worthy. They should have done that to Jamie when he spent 10 minutes trying to chop the wood while the other tribe finished the entire challenge in Guatemala, it would have been INSPIRATIONAL. Anyway Cirie is obviously the best contestant left and is poised to take out the worst people that are left. Plz be successful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures   

Back to top Go down

Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's S34 blag adventures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next