Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack

PostSubject: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:21 pm

So, back in spring of 2014, I fell behind on Survivor. I missed the F5 episode and finale of Cagayan and never caught up (because I didn't want to take 3 hours to catch up on the only show I watch LOL) and never caught up. Seriously went two and a half years without watching an episode of Survivor. I voted in the poll to bring people back for Cambodia (T-Bird Crying or Very sad ) but still didn't watch.

THEN all of a sudden, back in January, Chax hunts me down and tells me that Sandra and Malcolm are coming back for s34 and that we should blag this season with Tom. How could I say no to that? So a couple weeks ago I bit the bullet and started to catch up. I finished Cagayan (meh. I'm glad they had a F2 though), watched World's Apart (O_____O glad I got this out of the way first), watched Cambodia (which was probably better on binge than it was live but I enjoyed it), watched San Juan del Sur (SO GOOD), and just last night finished Kaoh Rong (also a lot better than expected). So I still have yet to watch Milennials vs. Gen X, but I'm ready to watch Game Changers tonight! First time watching Survivor live in like 3 years lolol.

tbh I'm not expecting a lot out of this season. HvV taught me to hedge my expectations for returning player seasons, because the show has multi-season narratives that they love to tell. Those narratives can get predictable, old, and tiresome. Their interests are not exactly my interests, so the things that producers often love are things that I don't, and vice versa.

Although, Survivor does seem to have entered a post-Hantz era, which I appreciate. Samoa through Cagayan seemed like Survivor equivalents of Michael Bay movies, with ridiculous OTT characters who weren't even that good, BIG BOLD HII MOVES ( Rolling Eyes ), and stuff of that sort. They wanted it to be explosive, so they loved the Phillips and Russells and Brandons and Cochrans and Tonys of the show. They got lazy. They seemed to care less about the social dynamics and people and power shifts behind the big moves, and more about those flashy TC moments. I was so jaded after Caramoan that I started to fall behind on episodes and not bother to catch up until the end, something that never happened in the previous 10 years I'd been watching.

These last few seasons seem to have toned down the OTT flashiness, which I've appreciated. Maybe it's because they've had winners that Probst isn't as wild about, or because they're purposely taking it in a different direction, I don't know. The show does seem just as, if not more, strategy-focused than ever, but the focus seems to be more on relationships than it does on those big, flashy moments.

That's the tension I'm feeling coming into this season. I don't think it'll be that amazing, but there certainly are a few people I'm super excited to see again.

20. Tony (His return was inevitable. I just hope that everyone has no time for his nonsense. He is Russell Hantz if Russell had won. He'll probably go far, though.)
19. Brad (WHY are they trying to make him happen so bad? He was gross, tiresome, and in the grand scheme of things, super irrelevant.)
18. Caleb (he surpasses Francesca, Monica Culpepper, and Kelley Wentworth as the most random and nonsensical returnee ever. I remember literally nothing about him other than his supposed bromance with Tai and then him dying at the reward challenge. I feel like he's either going to be an irrelevant pre-merge boot, or try way too hard and be awful. Here's hoping for the former.)
17. Sierra (the opposite of a game changer. I hated her season, and particularly her Blue Collar tribe SO MUCH, and she kept talking about how she was going to take the game into her hands and turn on them, yet she never did. She had so many opportunities, and I grew to resent her more and more with time. I hate that she was Natalie Anderson's replacement, too. Losing Natalie and getting her really sucks)
16. Ozzy (he used to be one of my least favs ever, but when they stopped trying to spin him into an OTTP hero, he got less awful. He's so much more palatable in Micro, knowing he gets completely owned, and he was actually kind of lolworthy in South Pacific because he may or may not have been stoned the entire time. I still don't like him, but he actually could sort of redeem himself here. He could get worse, too, which is probably more likely)
15. Troy (I actually liked him for most of One World because he was fun and genuine, but then he went insane at the end and started taking himself WAY too seriously, and has been insane ever since then. I don't hate him as much as everyone else does, but odds are he'll be awful)
14. Zeke (I didn't watch his season yet)
13. Michaela (I didn't watch her season yet)
12. JT (I hated his whole shtick in Tocantins and I hated how he sided with the awful Heroes in HvV, but he was actually way more dynamic and made better TV in HvV than he did with his golden boy edit in Tocantins. Seven years later, I'm really intrigued to see how he's changed, because I feel like he's come a long way since his golden boy days of Tocantins. I hope he has, at least.)
11. Sarah (I actually liked her in Cagayan lol. Calling herself president or whatever and getting so cocky in her position then getting voted out right at the merge was hilarious. She had an interesting journey. I feel like they're just bringing her back because Tony's back, and I worry that she's going to just fuel the Tony fire, whether she wants to work for him or is out for his blood.)
10. Andrea (oh Andrea. I was constantly disappointed by her in RI because she was such a sheep and then she tried WAY too hard in Caramoan and put herself with all of the worst people, so I found that insufferable, but she definitely brings something to the table, and I hope she's learned a lot since Caramoan. The fact that she could laugh after getting brutally owned by Brenda was a little glimmer of hope that maybe she can be someone fun to root for. Could get way better, could get way worse. We shall see.)
9. Jeff (ok so I like Varner but he has no business being on this season. better him than 75% of the other guys that Jeff is obsessed with, though)
8. Tai (he was a fun, unique character, and I appreciated his contributions. not sure I need to see him again, though. If he makes the loved one visit, do you think his loved one will be Sia or Mark the chicken?)
7. Aubry (I totally thought she was going to win Kaoh Rong, all the way up until Michele's 3rd vote was read. I thought it was hers. She gives good confessionals (Oregon Trail one LOL), played a good game for the most part. I'd be interested to see how she approaches this season, seeing how she lost last time. She may be in the "comes back and takes herself too seriously" category, but I would hope not. She had a way more interesting and dynamic journey her first time around than her "spirit animal" Cochran did, so I hope she's better than he was the second time. She's better than comparing herself to him.)
6. Debbie (LOL @ her existence. I loved how they changed her occupation every time she had a confessional, how she looked like the old hag from Snow White, and her lolworthiness in general. You can tell that she's totally just a weirdo in real life and I doubt she's even playing things up for the cameras at all. Let's hope she gets better instead of getting old)
5. Ciera (I'm actually more cautious about her than lots of people because she could easily turn into someone who takes herself way too seriously and takes all the fun away from everything. But I've really enjoyed her journey throughout BvW, then going into Cambodia where her back was totally against the wall, then gained influence to the point that she had to be taken out by an idol in a dramatic 3-2 vote. By far the best BvW loved one and I've been super impressed with her as time goes on)
4. Hali (LOL such a random choice for this season but I love it. She was such a hilarious and ^_^ presence in such a gross season, I love that she's coming back. I hope she and Malcolm have a showmance and she becomes Sandra's new Courtney. If anyone this season pulls a Parvati, it's totally her.)
3. Cirie (most legendary person on this season by far except for maybe Sandra. She did take sort of an ugly turn at the end of Micro and I was rooting against her because of her alliance choices in HvV, but it's been a long time, and I would be super scared of her if I were playing against her. I think she's one of the best players to ever play, and I'm glad she's back. I'm sure she'll bring it no matter what.)
2. Malcolm (If I were to list my favorite post-HvV contestants, Malcolm would be top 3 easily, if not my favorite. He brings so much fun and energy to the season but not in an excessive way that the producers try to jam down your throat. He's relatable, funny, fairly good at the game, easy to root for, interesting to watch, the list goes on. Sandra has zero shot at winning this game, but I think Malcolm could.)
1. Sandra (sometimes I forget to appreciate Sandra because everyone and their mom say that she's their favorite ever, but she really is amazing. Effortlessly hilarious and fun, and always makes good TV. I hated her edit in HvV but still really appreciated her presence. I can't believe she's coming back again, and no matter how she does this season, I'm sure it'll be good.)

Last edited by Jack on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:52 pm

Interesting read, Jack. Probably won't watch this season (stopped watching after One World) but I'll be keeping tabs on how the returnees I do know do in this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:25 pm

hey Dan! Good to see you around here.

I just counted and it looked like just seven of these people premiered during One World or earlier. Wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:46 pm

t.ears it makes me so sad that Dan doesn't watch Survivor anymore.

Jack I agree with most of your assessments in the red. Especially on Brad...it's like so obnoxious how hard they've been trying to push him. To the point of bringing random 5th boot Monica Culpepper back on a returnee season so they could have him. Thankfully he went pre-merge and he and Monica weren't able to ruin the rest of the season together. Then they put him on the second chance ballot and we dodged that bullet when he didn't get voted in (I bet production was pissed.) Rather than take the hint from fans and forget he exists, they put him on this season. I bet he plays the exact same way as last time. Hopefully he goes pre-merge again.

I agree it's laughable that Sierra is on a season called Game Changers when she literally spent her entire season NOT changing the game. Hali is also a really dubious choice but at least she went out fighting. She wasn't my fav on WA (really, no one was) but her references to American history were entertaining.

Caleb also does not belong on this season. I remember when he got evac'd the first time and everyone couldn't wait for his return (why, exactly?) They should have saved him for either another Second Chance ballot or a Philippines style tribe captain.

I know you haven't seen the season yet but I'm not thrilled about either returnee from S33. There were so many better choices from that cast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:48 pm

If all 3 of you are involved, this will be the best thing ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:53 pm

lol Debbie was annoying af Granted, she wasn't as awful as those meatheads from the Brawn Tribe who harassed Alecia, but she was the next worst thing to watch on television. pale Then again, a lot of people in that season as a whole made me want to puke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:58 pm

I keep forgetting Debbie is even there lmao. JT too! Does anyone else think he seems like a completely different person so far (like in all the press stuff). He seems super shy and doesn't have the spark he once had. There also seems to be like no hype at all from production which makes me think a purple JT is actually possible?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:35 am

OH. MAH. WERD.

I CANNOT BELIEVE TEAM SANDRA GOT RID OF TONY. THIS IS WAY WAY WAY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

More detailed thoughts tomorrow. But wow. That was beautiful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:40 am

*fans self*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DN109

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:39 pm

This thread<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:55 pm

THIS THREAD <3 I want to only discuss S34 here. I will post my opinions here with or without the holy trinity's consent ^_^ I don't really want to deal with the irish troll's shitty sexist opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Jack's intro post <3 Beautiful <3 Wonderful opinions <3 Yas gawd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DN109

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Spooky33 wrote:
THIS THREAD <3 I want to only discuss S34 here. I will post my opinions here with or without the holy trinity's consent ^_^ I don't really want to deal with the irish troll's shitty sexist opinions.

Lmao yessssss!! Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mykee

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Did I miss something on the Tony vote?! I don't think I've seen them do an edit so blindsiding to the viewers before, where it seemed Tony had 5-4 vote and then they went ahead with the split vote and even Tony knew about it and voted Aubry??

What happened to all the guys wanting to keep the stronger players around?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:39 am

Fuck you, Garrett. Asshole. There was no call to say that but you're such a "sassy bitch" you can't help yourself. Do your bitching about me on Skype from now on. I don't want to argue with you. Happy for you to post your thoughts here and I'll stay away from this thread to avoid you pair of cunts from this point on. Just don't bring me up again.

Apologies to the rest for this post.

Mykee, Tony knew he was going, receiving every vote. He had 5, but with Sandra flipping, she now had 5, gathering up those who were left out of Tony's 5. His main 3 allies had no choice then. Aubry flipped easily. Caleb and Malcolm were bummed (see tribal expressions) but had no choice. Nobody would talk to Tony that day. He knew his num 1 (Aubry) had flipped, so was just a revenge vote. Sandra doesn't trust her so her vote was a warning. I learned all this from an interview he did (see video). I think it's a magazine website or something, not sure, well they have a short phone interview with each person voted off. I always need more insight lol, to fully understand what went down and why. I miss the Survivor Aftershow. We have to hear from the voted out player the reasons why they left. Rob C's know it alls is fun too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DN109

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:52 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:30 am

I'm so glad that I have the Irish troll on my foe list because now all his posts are hidden and I never have to read the stupid shit he says <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:38 am

Says the moron who bitched about me on a thread, totally unprovoked. Cool it, man. This isn't real housewives of wherever the hell you're from. That's not how real life works. Come at me if I start on you, otherwise zip your little bitch mouth up Laughing

Bye.

Last edited by EnnJaySee on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:41 am

Life is good. I don't even feel the temptation to respond to the ignorant ramblings of a gross twat anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:46 am

Saying that you aren't responding, is responding...smart guy Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:50 am

Amg jacks online. Please tell us your full thoughts on the premiere!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:53 pm

I will like Malcolm more once Caleb gets away from him! <3

Jack <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DN109

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Lmao Spooky<3333 Can we be on Real Housewives of Arkansas together since Neil said this isn't Real Housewives of wherever you're from. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Omg he called me a real housewife? I honestly can't see what he says anymore but I consider that a compliment. YASSS lets go fuck shit up and flip tables lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DN109

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Yes girl yes!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag   

Back to top Go down

Chaz, Jack, and Tommy's HEATHENS vs. HERBIVORES vs. HISTORIANS blag
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum for the IMDb Games community :: Other :: TV Talk-
Jump to: