PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:13 pm

I make the settings just to screw with Nat, obviously <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:17 pm

If anyone wanted to know the Standings, well

Fire Llamas:
Adam 11-1 He finally lost to Jimmy. He had 2 close games before that too.
Pete 7-5
Cherry and Eric 6-6
Rob 2-10

Ice Unicorns:
Nat and Mark 8-4
Jimmy and Tom 6-6
Justin Still winless
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Expected to lose the previous couple, wasn't expecting to lose that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Jimmy is an asshole like that, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:09 am

Yeah, not gonna lie there Adam, you should have lost to me.  That game was well-played though, even if I did kinda beat myself up over that loss.

Speaking of losing to Jimmy, he's not gonna get lucky against me again like he did back in Week 7. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:37 am

Fantasy Baseball Remaining Schedule:

Cherry – Adam x2, Tom x2, Nat x2, Jimmy, Justin = 56-40 combined record or 32030 combined PF
Jimmy – Eric x2, Pete x2, Mark x2, Cherry, Rob = 50-46 combined record or 30198 combined PF
Rob – Justin x2, Adam x2, Tom x2, Nat, Jimmy = 48-48 combined record or 30301 combined PF
Eric – Jimmy x2, Justin x2, Adam x2, Tom, Nat = 48-48 combined record or 30082 combined PF
Justin – Rob x2, Eric x2, Pete x2, Mark, Cherry = 44-52 combined record or 28837 combined PF
Tom – Mark x2, Cherry x2, Rob x2, Eric, Pete = 45-51 combined record or 29935 combined PF
Pete – Nat x2, Jimmy x2, Justin x2, Adam, Tom = 45-51 combined record or 29926 combined PF
Nat – Pete x2, Mark x2, Cherry x2, Rob, Eric = 50-46 combined record or 29908 combined PF
Mark – Tom x2, Nat x2, Jimmy x2, Justin, Adam = 51-45 combined record or 31077 combined PF
Adam – Cherry x2, Rob x2, Eric x2, Pete, Mark = 43-53 combined record or 29234 combined PF

Opponents on 14, 15, and 16 are the same opponents as on 19, 20, and 21 respectively. Cherry and Mark have the toughest remaining schedule based on record as well as based on most points scored by remaining opponents while the easiest schedules based on record are Adam, Justin, Tom, and Pete. Adam has the easiest schedule by record, but by scoring, Justin has the easiest schedule.

This did not count this week’s match-ups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:53 am

Anybody looking for SP help? I got plenty. Looking for some offense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:53 am

Ugh one of these days I'll bother fixing my team haha. I just can't get that into baseball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:43 pm

*looks at my score and sees 666 points next to my team* Guess I'm going to hell now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Also,

Fantasy Baseball Remaining Schedule:

Cherry – Tom x2, Nat x2, Jimmy, Justin, Adam = 53-45 combined record
Jimmy – Pete x2, Mark x2, Cherry, Rob, Eric = 50-48 combined record
Rob – Adam x2, Tom x2, Nat, Jimmy, Justin = 56-42 combined record
Eric – Justin x2, Adam x2, Tom, Nat, Jimmy = 50-48 combined record
Justin – Eric x2, Pete x2, Mark, Cherry, Rob = 47-51 combined record
Tom – Cherry x2, Rob x2, Eric, Pete, Mark = 42-56 combined record
Pete – Jimmy x2, Justin x2, Adam, Tom, Nat = 45-53 combined record
Nat – Mark x2, Cherry x2, Rob, Eric, Pete = 49-49 combined record
Mark – Nat x2, Jimmy x2, Justin, Adam, Tom = 55-43 combined record
Adam – Rob x2, Eric x2, Pete, Mark, Cherry = 43-55 combined record

Kill me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:06 am

Standings as of right now:

Fire Llamas:
Adam (13-1) He can clinch a playoff berth this week with a win and losses from Eric and Pete (Justin and Jimmy, respectively, would have to win those match-ups).  He already can't have a final placement lower than 8th.
Pete and Eric (7-7)
Cherry (6-8 )
Rob (3-11) He broke his losing streak last matchup to Justin.

Ice Unicorns:
Nat and Mark (10-4) They are facing each other now.
Jimmy (8-6)
Tom (6-8 )
Justin (0-14) He's mathematically eliminated from the Playoffs and will be in the Consolation Ladder.  He's 2 games away from being locked into the matchup at the bottom of the Consolation Ladder, eliminating him from placing any higher than 7th for his final placement of 2017.

So the match-ups are:

Nat @ Mark
Tom @ Cherry
Adam @ Rob
Justin @ Eric
Jimmy @ Pete

Good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:20 am

Standings:

Adam (13-2)
Mark (11-4)
Nat (10-5)
Pete (8-7)
Jimmy (8-7)
Eric (8-7)
Cherry (7-8 )
Tom (6-9)
Rob (4-11)
Justin (0-15)

This week's match-ups:
Cherry (7-8 ) @ Nat (10-5)
Rob (4-11) @ Tom (6-9)
Eric (8-7) @ Adam (13-2)
Pete (8-7) @ Justin (0-15)
Mark (11-4) @ Jimmy (8-7)

Now, I've just learned about my Clayton Kershaw injury and, to be honest, I'm not happy about it, but I'll try to run with what I have since another 2 of my pitchers have begun to step up their game (if my observations are correct) and I'm sole owner of the lead again for the Ice Unicorns.

The race for that 4th seed is intense!  Pete, Jimmy, and Eric are all 8-7 and tied for that 4th spot.  Only 4 teams can make the playoffs, and there are still 6 weeks left in our regular season to go.  It'll be interesting to see who gets it.  The other 2 teams that can still conceivably get it are Cherry at 7-8 and Tom at 6-9.  There is Rob at 4-11, but he's already lost too many games to really be considered for that final playoff spot, I feel.  A lot of if Cherry and Tom still really have a shot at the 4th seed will depend on if they can win their match-up this week or not.

Adam can clinch the Fire Llamas division this week if Eric and Pete lose their match-ups.  Since Adam faces Eric this week, all he has to do is win and hope Justin can get his first win of the season here against Pete.

Speaking of Justin, he's already locked into the bottom match-up of the Consolation Ladder.  Even if Justin were to win his final 6 games and Tom were to lose his last 6, head-to-head would dictate that Tom gets the higher seed.  In addition, if in the course of this week Rob wins and Justin loses, Justin will be locked into the 10-seed as Rob already has the head-to-head advantage over Justin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Icarus_Mark wrote:
There is Rob at 4-11, but he's already lost too many games to really be considered for that final playoff spot, I feel.

He just beat me (such an awful performance by my team last week) so anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Yeah, that did happen, and it can happen on any given week. However, the reason I don't think Rob has a chance of making the playoffs is because he's 4 games back from the final spot with 6 games left to go and 5 people ahead of him for that spot. To make it, he would need chaos happen from all over the league, which would mean Jimmy, Eric, and Pete would all have to collapse epically as well as Cherry and Tom to extent, and in the meanwhile, Rob himself would have to catch unquenchable fire. It would have to be at a point where 10-11 can get you in the playoffs, and with a 3-way tie for 4th at 8-7, I just don't see it happening.

Anyway, I did some extra research today, looking at day-to-day matchups in the past as well as who people would think win each matchup. Not counting Week 16, here is the votes for and against everyone for all the match-ups thus far:

Adam - 19 votes to win, 10 votes to lose
Tom - 22 votes to win, 16 votes to lose
Mark - 21 votes to win, 14 votes to lose
Nat - 25 votes to win, 19 votes to lose
Eric - 14 votes to win, 11 votes to lose
Jimmy - 15 votes to win, 12 votes to lose
Pete - 14 votes to win, 19 votes to lose (Loss votes were mainly from Weeks 3-10)
Rob - 10 votes to win, 15 votes to lose
Cherry - 11 votes to win, 21 votes to lose
Justin - 4 votes to win, 20 votes to lose

How our records looked like if each day instead of week counted as an individual game:

Adam 67-42
Mark 66-43
Nat 65-44
Jimmy 59-50
Eric 56-53
Pete 51-58
Tom 51-58
Rob 50-59
Cherry 48-61
Justin 32-77

And then I looked for how good our teams tracked to be based on our scores. For this, for each person you could have beaten in a particular week, that was a point. You could get a total of 9 points for each week. All ties yielded half a point in this case. After I counted all the points everyone scored, I divided that number with the product of number of opponents in the league (9) and the number of weeks that have so far gone by this year (15), which would now equal 135 and would get me the overall win percentage of those instances. Then I multiplied the quotient by 15 to determine what our records were look like were our records as good as we really are. This is what our records would look like in this formula:

Mark 12.2 - 2.8 (.815 win percentage)
Nat 11.5 - 3.5 (.767 win percentage)
Adam 10.7 - 4.3 (.711 win percentage)
Eric 7.8 - 7.2 (.522 win percentage)
Tom 7.7 - 7.3 (.511 win percentage)
Jimmy 7-8 (.463 win percentage)
Pete 5.9 - 9.1 (.393 win percentage) Most of these losses would have come before Week 10.
Cherry 5.6 - 9.4 (.370 win percentage)
Rob 4.6 - 10.4 (.304 win percentage)
Justin 1.8 - 13.2 (.119 win percentage)

I only did those because I was bored with a cold lmao And these are all meant to be taken with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:28 pm

It is like Pythagorean record, suggesting what your record "should" be.

Adam (13-2) +2.3
Mark (11-4) -1.2
Nat (10-5) -1.5
Pete (8-7) +2.1
Jimmy (8-7) +1
Eric (8-7) +.2
Cherry (7-8 ) +1.4
Tom (6-9) -1.7
Rob (4-11) -.6
Justin (0-15) -1.8

Basically myself and Pete have been luckiest for our match-ups and Justin and Tom have been unluckiest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:17 pm

I'm giving up on baseball. Mark and Adam, you guys should join fantasy football.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:05 am

Oh, I will Tom. I've grown up around sports as a child, so I can definitely juggle more than 1 Fantasy Sport. I've also thought about joining Fantasy Basketball as well since I actually won a championship once when I played Fleaflicker back in 2010.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:15 am

And yeah Adam, you could say that, except I think in Justin's case, there weren't really any weeks where he would have beaten the majority of his opponents, so although mathematically he would be one of the unluckiest owners, technically his winless record is still somewhat warranted with his inactivity, so the next unluckiest owner would be Nat.

Eric and Rob are right around where they should be as 7.8 rounds up to Eric's 8, and although Rob's 4.6 would bring him up to 5, The fact he's not unlucky by 1.0 or more means 4-11 for him is also justified.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:33 am

metsrus wrote:
I'm giving up on baseball.  Mark and Adam, you guys should join fantasy football.

I'll join if a spot is open. I'm already in around 10 leagues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:46 am

Can't wait to be the first person to lose to Justin lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:30 am

And my epic choke job continues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:02 pm

lol Adam I'm not gonna lie, I'm lowkey glad only because now I have a chance at the Number-1 seed again and it's poetic we're now battling each other for 1st place. I do feel bad that you've been in your slump though. I hate when your season gets wasted like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:35 am

Updated Standings:
Mark (14-4)
Nat and Adam (13-5)
Pete (11-7)
Eric (10-8 )
Jimmy (9-9)
Cherry (8-10)
Tom (7-11)
Rob (5-13)
Justin (0-18 )

With 3 weeks left to go in the regular season, those Standings are where we're at and the playoff picture is finally becoming clearer.  A few notes:

- With the win against Adam and Nat's win against Eric, Mark has become the first team to officially clench a playoff berth.  This is because Mark is 4 games ahead of 5th with 3 games left to go, which means there is no mathematical way to eliminate Mark from the Playoffs.  He also can't get any seeding lower than 3rd due to owning the head-to-head against Pete.

- Tom has been eliminated from playoff contention with his loss to Pete and will be in the Consolation Ladder.  Because he is only 2 games ahead of Rob now, there is actually a small chance he could fall to the 9th seed, but that would require chaos to happen where Rob magically wins the rest of his games and Tom falters in his games.

- Pete suddenly has a small chance of winning the Fire Llamas now with Adam's slide and his surge.  This, however, would require a lot of help.  Pete must beat Nat, Jimmy, and Justin while hoping for Adam to lose to Cherry, Rob, and Eric for that to happen.

- Nat has to beat Pete in order to stay alive in the hunt for the Number 1 seed.  In addition, he also has to hope Adam loses another game as Adam owns the head-to-head on Nat.

-Eric can still make the playoffs, but he might now need Pete to lose more than one more game in order to do so.  Eric has a winnable schedule to end the regular season (Jimmy, Justin, and then ending the season against Adam), but Pete scoring a lot of points lately, Eric's advantage on Pete is quickly running thin.

- Nat and Adam both need one more win to make the playoffs.

- While Jimmy and Cherry haven't mathematically been eliminated yet, they'll probably end up in the Consolation Ladder.  Cherry is at the cut-off point at 8-10, so another loss or another Pete win will do it for her.  As for Jimmy, he's got a daunting end-of-season schedule (facing Eric, Pete, and then Mark).

And that's what we have for our playoff scenarios.  Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:12 am

Updated Standings:
Mark (15-4)
Adam (14-5)
Nat (13-6)
Pete (12-7)
Eric (11-8 )
Jimmy (9-10)
Cherry (8-11)
Tom (7-12)
Rob (5-14)
Justin (1-18 ) JUSTIN FINALLY GOT A WIN EVERYBODY! cheers

So now everyone's won at least once. No team will finish winless. So here's the rest of the happenings:

- Pete's win over Nat was a big one for several reasons. First, with Pete's win and then Eric's win over Jimmy, Jimmy and Cherry are now sent straight to the Consolation Ladder. They cannot make the playoffs. Pete can now clinch the final playoff berth with a win AND a loss by Eric (his opponent this week is Justin). In fact, if both Pete and Justin win this week, the playoff field will officially be set (Mark, Nat, Adam, and Pete will be the 4 teams in the playoffs while Eric becomes the last team sent to Consolation). Because Nat lost, he's going to need chaos to even have a chance at the number-1 seed. He would need both Mark and Adam to lose out while he himself would need to win out.

- In the race for the number-1 seed, Mark, Adam, and Nat are still alive for that hunt. Mark just needs one more win to clinch the number-1 seed or for Nat to lose once (Mark gets solo advantage over Adam due to points scored). Adam would need to either win out with Mark losing out, OR he, Mark, and Nat tie at the same record at the end of the regular season (in which case, Nat's advantage over Mark would put Mark in the 3-spot and Adam's head-to-head over Nat would put Nat in the 2-spot).

- Pete can actually still get the 3rd seed if he wins out and Nat loses out, sliding Nat down to the 4th seed.

- If Adam wins once more, he is assured of a home game in Round 1 of the playoffs.

- If Cherry wins out and Jimmy loses out, Cherry can take the 6th seed while sliding Jimmy down to the 7.

- If Rob wins out and Tom loses out, Rob takes the 8-seed and Tom slides to the 9th seed.

- And now for Eric. He needs to win out to even have a chance at making the playoffs. In addition, he needs Pete lose another game. Even then, it's not a guarantee. Eric would also need to have scored more points than Pete to even have it count. This perhaps might the week to determine if Eric will actually have his chance or not.

Here are the final 2 regular season match-ups:

Week 20:
Mark @ Nat
Cherry @ Tom
Rob @ Adam
Eric @ Justin
Pete @ Jimmy

Week 21:
Nat @ Cherry
Tom @ Rob
Adam @ Eric
Justin @ Pete
Jimmy @ Mark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:13 pm

My curse is over. I thought I would lose after I didn't get a chance to switch my pitchers on Saturday and Quintana/Bauer combined for 40 points sitting on my bench.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next