View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Fri May 05, 2017 6:20 am

Just the scores will do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon May 08, 2017 9:14 am

Starting with Week 4 since that still hasn't been done yet, Week 4 was basically the week that Tom arose into a better team. If you had asked me who would have won between Tom and Nat in Week 4 going into Week 4, I would have told you that Nat would have had an easy win on his hands. Here's what happened:

Tom @ Nat In the closest game of the year so far, Tom won 352-347! Additions of players such as Eric Thames as well as Paul Goldschmidt waking up gave Tom life in the hunt for a playoff berth.

In the other games:

Justin @ Rob Rob won 390-286 With that being said, Trea Turner was a monster and maybe could have given potential for a good team to make a case for a 500+ point week. Also, I have had suspicions for a while that Rob's Concubines could be a threatening team, and Week 4 certainly proved that.

Mark @ Eric Mark won 350-225 For some time, this was actually a close game. However, I do know this was more of a week where I didn't really look too much into winning this. I was getting tired of signing and dropping Matt Moore only for him to flop flat on his face just about every time and with Ivan Nova no longer available to just get some easy points with, I knew I was going to need to make changes. This match-up, I think was the perfect week to do just that as this was the week I added Gerrit Cole and later Johnny Cueto. You will see the effect of this when I reveal the Week 5 scores.

Cherry @ Eric Cherry won 320-215 Just like how Week 4 was the week that brought Tom to life, this was the week Eric's team took a turn for the disastrous. Just the week before, he got a much-needed win again the Boners, but now his scoring has dropped drastically. This tends to happen when you drop 3 perfectly good pitchers that you could have used in the long-term. There was not a day in Week 4 where the Stooges could even break 50 points for any 1 day.

Adam @ Jimmy Adam won 444-250 Adam absolutely DOMINATED Week 4, surpassing the old 2017 record of points scored of 431 to 444. This is largely due to the fact that 2 of his players broke 50 points for the week. Like I said, in a dominating team, Trea Turner could help a team reach 500 points in a week's worth of play. Jimmy could only outscore on 1 of the 7 for this match-up, so Jimmy didn't really stand much of a chance in Week 4.

Week 5 Results coming up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon May 08, 2017 9:45 am

Now last week was Week 5.  Week 5, I'm not gonna lie, was a week that may have seen the season scene change a little bit.  The spoils left behind by the Stooges had been picked up by other teams, either off of Free Agency or in the Waiver Wire.  It also saw surprising results in more than 1 way.  Let's take a look by starting with the most surprising game of the bunch!

Pete @ Rob  Pete won 250-224  You heard me right!  The Boners finally have a season win!  After scoring 390 points the week before, I fully expected Rob to decimate the Boners, but it seems as if either his energy died off after the last match-up OR his team is one of the most volatile in the whole league!  In any case, this was a very low-scoring game, which shows since both teams did not have a single day where their teams broke 60 for the day.  Rob in particular had 4 days where the amount of points he scored for the days were either in the 20's or the teens.

Jimmy @ Eric  Jimmy won 323-237  After 2 weeks of being pummeled to the ground, Jimmy finally got back up on his feet, scoring over 300 points to beat the Stooges.  This marks the first week where his point differential did NOT break 100 as it was only 85 this week, AND it was the first week where his opponent did not carry an extreme either by scoring the lowest for the week or the highest as the Stooges outscored the Concubines by 13 points.

Nat @ Justin  Nat won 367-259  This was not a surprising result at all as Nat has been scoring more  since Week 2.  Justin has become the sole winless owner in the league now that the Boners got their first win against the Concubines.  He also is one of 2 owners, the other being Pete, that has not yet scored 300 points in any match-up.  With that said, it looks like a safe bet that Justin will finish last in the Ice Unicorns.

Tom @ Adam  Adam won 386-308  This was the only match-up in Week 5 where both teams scored at least 300 points.  It is also the 2nd match-up in a row that this has happened in Tom's match-ups as he beat Nat 352-347 the week before.  Adam remains an undefeated team by beating Tom in this match-up and looks to be someone who would be guaranteed a spot in the postseason in he keeps his game up.

Mark @ Cherry  Mark won 472-277  With 2 days left in the match-up, the score was actually 256-227.  BUT these were the results I was talking about with my new acquisitions.  In 2 days of gameplay, the Blood Blades scored 216 points (121 on Saturday and 95 on Sunday).  With 472 points, Mark regains possession of 2017's highest scorer for a single match-up.  7 players on that team scored over 30 points for the week.

So with all that, here are Week 6's match-ups:

Mark (5-0) @ Nat (3-2)
Cherry (3-2) @ Tom (2-3)
Rob (2-3) @ Adam (5-0)
Eric (1-4) @ Justin (0-5)
Pete (1-4) @ Jimmy (3-2)

And now for how everyone is doing in the standings:

Fire Llamas
1st: Adam as switza bat corkers 5-0 W5
2nd: Cherry as Hank Poops on Yanks 3-2 L1
3rd: Rob Money's Concubines 2-3 L1
4th: Eric as The Stooges 1-4 L2
4th: Pete as Ben Dover's Boners 1-4 W1

Ice Unicorns

1st: Mark as Connecticut Blood Blades 5-0 W5
2nd: Nat as Yanks Before Skanks 3-2 W1
2nd: Jimmy as Hit and Run 3-2 W1
4th: Tom as Mets (Team for Sale) 2-3 L1
5th: Justin as BAT FLIP 0-5 L5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Wed May 10, 2017 11:09 am

Icarus_Mark wrote:
Starting with Week 4 since that still hasn't been done yet, Week 4 was basically the week that Tom arose into a better team.

No more being the laughingstock of the Ice Unicorns division, we going to the 'ship this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Wed May 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Yeah, like I've said Tom, you've really improved in the last couple of weeks. Smile It'll make it all the more exciting when we face each other again sometime!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Wed May 10, 2017 11:27 pm

okay like, Justin is too drunk to remember he joined this, and Pete may have actually died, but lol @ Eric being completely active and still sucking <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Thu May 11, 2017 7:03 pm

After 2 weeks of being pummeled to the ground, Jimmy finally got back up on his feet logged in and set his lineup

fixed that for you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Sat May 13, 2017 11:37 pm

same, Jimmy, I forgot to log in once last week haha oops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Wed May 24, 2017 12:31 pm

I miss Mark's weekly reviews.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Sat May 27, 2017 9:27 am

What happened Adam was that my laptop problems happened, which actually started in the Saturday portion of my match-up against Nat. It's the same reasons I had to wait to post some of my book reviews in the "Book Reviews" thread.  I'd have to put in a lot of work to catch up, but I will try to at least get Week 6 done before we get to Week 9.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Sun May 28, 2017 11:16 am

In Week 6, Adam is now the lone undefeated team in the league after Mark suffered his firt loss to Nat. But here was Week 6 in the long view.

Mark @ Nat Nat won 440-327 While the contest did seem to favor Mark at first, once Thursday came around, everything that could have gone wrong for him... did. In a battle of pitchers that took place between the Pirates and Diamondbacks, the D-Backs turned the match-up in Nat's favor. Also, in the Saturday portion of the match-up, Mark lost his laptop, leaving his ability to set his lineups limited and essentially turning Mark into a cripple. Tanaka went down HARD on Sunday, even worsening the blow, Robinson Cano went down with an injury and was not placed on the DL that week, and Mookie Betts put up 57 points, giving steroids a run for their money. HOWEVER, one thing that has to be noted is that Nat started 16 pitchers in the contests to Mark's 8. The maximum number of pitchers allowed to be started on normal weeks is 12. That means Nat exceeded the pitcher limit by 4 pitchers.

So yeah, I'm still beating myself over that loss and haven't been able to live that down.

Cherry @ Tom Tom won 319-281 Tom continued his surge here, and Cherry continued her decline. Thursday decided this contest as after Thursday, Tom kept the lead for good, but the game at least remained close.

Rob @ Adam Adam won 355-275 Buster Posey was a key player here, scoring 50 points for Adam to help him on the way to keeping his undefeated hopes alive. A thorn on Adam's side was the fact that Brad Branch actually took away 11 points from his final score. While Adam did exceed 350 points, on no day of his Week 6 match-up did he exceed 80 points for any day.

Eric @ Justin Eric won 338-199 For the first time this season, a team finished with LESS than 200 points! This happened to Justin, scoring 199 points in the match-up. This was Eric's highest scoring game since Week 1 when he faced me and lost 371-389. He broke through on Saturday, scoring 92 points that day to Justin's 23. However, 6 of Eric's team lost points that week also, but it did not threaten the match-up.

Pete @ Jimmy Pete won 250-219 This was Pete's second win in a row and so is actually doing well for a team that started at 0-4. Jimmy did not reach 50 points for any day during the contest and this was a very low-scoring game. Chris Sale was Jimmy's silver lining, scoring 28 points for him. The deciding day of the match-up was Tuesday, where Pete outscored Jimmy 95-28. Without that day, Jimmy would have won this contest.

Week 7's Results will come in the few days, followed by Week 8 since that ends soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon May 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Icarus_Mark wrote:
Tom continued his surge here, and Cherry continued her decline.
Yeah, that's usually the case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon May 29, 2017 8:22 pm

...sure, that's how it usually is in your head, xoxo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue May 30, 2017 9:07 am

Now onto Week 7.

Jimmy @ Mark Jimmy won 296-282 The woes of Mark continued this week when his pitchers failed to show up for the match-up, causing Mark to blew the lead for the 2nd week in a row despite Jimmy only having 4 pitchers. This was also the first time he's scored under 300. Congrats Jimmy!

Nat @ Cherry Nat won 388-357 For the 2nd week in a row, Nat had used more pitchers than what was allowed, though not by as much this time. He used 14 when you are only supposed to use up to 12. Of course, Nat now has the lead in Ice Unicorns thanks to the woes of Mark.

Tom @ Rob Tom won 365-273 Tom just continues to play perennially falling teams, this time the team being Rob in Week 7's most lopsided match-up. Rob has lost 3 straight after his blowout in Week 4.

Adam @ Eric Adam won 360-315 Adam remains unbeaten with a well-fought game against Eric. However, Eric seems to be coming back into the picture after going on a nosedive the first few weeks.

Pete @ Justin Pete won 226-183 For the second week in a row, Justin had scored less than 200 points, and Pete picks up his 3rd win in a row despite the fact that he would have lost to anyone else in Week 7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue May 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Icarus_Mark wrote:
For the 2nd week in a row, Nat had used more pitchers than what was allowed, though not by as much this time.  He used 14 when you are only supposed to use up to 12.

That's how fantasy sports work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Tue May 30, 2017 3:38 pm

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying
-bill belichick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Wed May 31, 2017 9:39 am

Quote :
lol @ Eric being completely active and still sucking

Screw you Cherry!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Wed May 31, 2017 12:47 pm

I personally admire Nats extreme dedication lolz. I personally set a lineup and leave it there for 3 weeks then check how I did Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:43 am

That was way too close a week for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball?   Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:42 pm

You wanna talk about close Adam, you should have seen Eric vs. Nat
Back to top Go down
View user profile