Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cooltu101

PostSubject: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:54 am

I have always hated resurrection twists on the shows or on the games board. I don't think it's fair once you are out you should stay out a person who is in and survives every round is deserving even if they didn't do shit. Even if it's someone I like that comes back I feel it's a slap in the face for example to be in top 6 and then there's a resurection challenge and then someone comes back and then you get seventh place When you already made top 6 I feel like it's a slap in the face when that happens to someone.Anyone else feel this way? I think these returning player twists happen way too often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:24 am

But if I recall correctly, I've seen you participate in redemption challenges before in my games, so....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:30 am

Maybe I will try if it's being offered but I am not a fan of returning player twists especially in the real big brother where it seems to happen every year now. I know many people like these returning player twists and that's fine I just want to know if anyone else doesn't care for them?

Last edited by cooltu101 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:33 am

Lolol, I don't mind them. Do we think RI will ever be brought back to Survivor? It was used is season 22, 23 and 27 (I think).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:34 am

No redemption island is no good how about another one world instead?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:58 am

Was One World really even a twist? Last I recall, One World was Idiot City.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:03 am

One world wasnt idiot city kim was just so good alot of people think shes the best player ever if you look at best player polls shes near the top
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:04 am

Rob has a podcast poll
1 parvati
2 boston rob
3 sandra
4 kim
5 richard
6 rob c
7 cirie
8 todd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:05 am

I dont think there's anything wrong with a resurrection/redemption style twist in a game if people have to work really hard for it. Like, compete in a super hard redemption challenge with lots of participants.
Or when it's a power that you got after being given clues that you have to EARN throughout the game (which is obviously what this is about, rofl so transparent). Those are times when the redemption twist works. You have to work for it.

I was so annoyed in S61 when I said since the beginning of the game that there would be a redemption challenge later in the game, but still only like 2 people showed up for it. 2 out of like 7 eligible players. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:13 am

Mark, One World was a joke. The producers were high or soemthing that season. They messed everything up, even the intro has spoilers for tribe mix ups. The "theme" got chucked after the first mix up, when they went and lived in different locations (WTF?). The cast is the worst in the show's long history (the men especially). Kim won a very very poor season. She would need to return to really show what she's got, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:16 am

Il take one world anyday over the three seasons before one world
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:24 am

It was a very poor period for the show. I didn't enjoy any of 21, 22, 23 or 24. 24 was a new low though and I remember feeling so pissed off and wondering would we ever get a good season again. Thankfully 25 was really enjoyable. There have been seasons I didn't enjoy since then like 26, 27 was "ok", 29 was awful. 32 obviously, omg dreadful.

33 is by far my favourite recent season, maybe favourite ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:21 am

Sorry Turner, but I have to agree with Neil about Kim. She won in a season full of idiots from both genders (Chelsea, Alicia, Kat, Tarzan, Jay, Michael, Colton, the list goes on).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:23 am

Also, if we want to take podcasts into account, looking from your list, you do realize Sandra is IN this season, right? When was she in Rob's podcast?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?   

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else hate resurrection and similar twists?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1