HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Doubt anyone will reply to this but whatever lol just want to write my thoughts down. I started this thread to discuss video refs, well I just watched my first game with it in use. France V Spain in a friendly and it was put to good use! France scored a goal to make it 1-0, which was disallowed due to offside, which was missed by officials, but spotted by the video ref. Correct call! Stays 0-0. Then Spain score a goal to make it 0-2, which is given as offside by the linesman. Video ref consulted, goal stands as it was onside! 0-2! So there you have it. Proof that it's needed. It really matters that these decisions are called right.

Without it, France would have been 1-0 up wrongly and Spain would have not been allowed a perfectly good goal. The result more than likely would have been a France win or a draw, but Spain rightly win the game 0-2. If anyone follows that or gives a shit, please let me know lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:17 pm

I never watch "friendly" games, a complete waste of time unless managers actually experiment with teams/tactics. Am interested to know, however, how long these decisions took for the video ref to call ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Oh hi, glad someone replied lol. The two decisons took about 30 seconds or so. Paul Ince was in the studio and pissed me off with his views lol. He said "waiting 4 hours or whatever" takes the passion out of the game blah blah. I don't care, decisions have to be called right. There was no problem with it. France celebrated their goal, it got disallowed, the ref signalled and they got on with the game. No debating it since it was a video ref call.

Spain's goal was more of a sore point for dearest Paul lol. So the flag goes up, the player can't celebrate, He and his team mates are left in limbo as the on field ref communicates with the video ref. The call is made and he signals for a goal. By this point, the moment has gone so they don't really celebrate. I can see what his point is here but I don't mind as long as the right decision is made. They have video refs in other sports who get consulted and it takes the same 30 second or so, it's not like they are waiting minutes at a time. You have to get decisions right. It's 2017. 2-0 to Spain was the fair and accurate result. Sure, it was a friendly, but it's being tested so they're using friendlies and minor tournaments to try it out on. I loved it. Paul Ince disagrees. He would rather see false goals given so that "you can go down the pub and have a good old debate with your mates, but now there will be no debate if video refs get the right calls every time". Is he some kind of plonker or what? It was really annoying me lol.

I'm all for it. As a fan, it infuriates me when a team scores a rightful goal and it gets disallowed or Man U or someone scores a goal that should never have stood and it gets allowed. I'm just glad those times are coming to an end. Hallelujah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 am

Paul Ince is a dick, always has been, always will be. His point about going down the pub and debating is bullshit anyway, cause there's no "debate" if a ref gets it wrong lol. I hope this gets picked up for good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:51 am

I saw a report on BBC Sport about it today and there was some divide in the comments but probably a majority were for it. It will be used in the Confederations Cup in June so that'll be good to see.Then the F.A Cup next season in preparation for the World Cup and then in place for the Premier League 2018/19.

If N.Ireland got screwed by a wrong call, I would be absolutely furious Laughing we're on course for a playoff spot. Five games to go and we have played the two toughest teams (Germans and Czechs) away from home already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down

Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2