HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Please can we have video refs in football?!!! So annoyed at the EFL Cup Final.Southampton's wrongly disallowed offside goal when it was 0-0. That goes in and we have a different game. Enough is enough. In 2017, you have to get decisions right and if in doubt, get it reviewed by a video ref. I hope Pete, Justin or someone sees this lol.

F U Man Utd.

Last edited by EnnJaySee on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:25 pm

Football is the only sport (mainstream) which does not have video replay. It is the most popular sport in the world, but it is ruled by the most corrupt muppets on the planet. Until that changes, we will have to put up with crap like this. We'll have to put up with divers and cheats. The beautiful game is....no longer the beautiful game. What was once the working man's game has become a financial mega-money maker, where the $ or £ are more important than anything else.

I used to watch a lot of football, and I mean a LOT ! Now I just stick to the Liverpool games, and even then, it sickens me knowing that they charge the fans nearly £50 to sit on the Kop. The first time I went in 1991, I paid £6 to get in. I can't think of anything else right now which has gone up 8x in value in the last 25 years.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:10 pm

That is quite a jump lol. Well I found an article on BBC Sport from March last year saying video refs is going to be brought in, for 2017-18. I bet it's been pushed back by then for God knows what reason. It took way longer than it should have to get goal line technology in. The game needs video refs for contentious decisions. Any goals that are contested need reviewed to make sure the call is right. If Southampton had taken the lead, it was a different game. They work so hard to make the final and then that happens. It's infuriating. They did well to fight back but all for nothing in the end.

Lol remember WC 2010, Argentina scored an offside goal, a mile offside, it was allowed, but somehow the replay got put up on the big screen and the Mexicans were so pissed. You could see it was offside, we could all see it was, but the referee couldn't change his mind based on video replay. Iit wasn't allowed and the decision had been made. The fans were goign mad. The players were considering walking off. It was absolutely infuriating!!!! OMGGG I'm getting annoyed just remembering that lol. I have to go find it...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:47 pm

I couldn't agree more....there are some people who say it would disrupt the game, but that is utter BS! When you think about the stats, in a 90 min game, the ball is only in play for something like 30 mins, which is astonishing ! Plus, going by other sports and how they use video refs, then it takes a matter of "seconds" to find out what happened. I was watching the Ireland v France rugby match yesterday ( yes, well done the Irish, well worth their win), and the contrast in refereeing etc with a football match was astounding !! The players respect the ref, what he says is final, no arguments, the ref is constantly talking to the players, you can actually hear him on tv lol, and the video ref took less than a minute to disallow a French try (Grrrrrrrr), which, at the time, would have put the French 0-10 up and on the ascending. But he video ref was spot on and the try was not given.
I would go one step further with regards to football, and start implementing what they have in Ice Hockey. Cynical fould etc, and you're off for a set amount of time. I hate it when players commit these types of fouls, so cynical, and yet the commentators say "oh, he took one for the team there...." . NO HE DIDN'T, he fucking cheated !! If it meant leaving the pitch for , say, 10 mins, then players would think twice before commiting those types of foulls, especially if they are already down to 10 etc.
Anyway, rant over...

yeah, that Argentina goal was just a comedy of errors...that was the same world cup as Lampard's goal against Germany wasn't it lololol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Yes lol it was so far over the line, they had to take the need for goal line technology seriously. I'm not a rugby fan but I know hey respect the refs more and they wear mics so the viewers can hear exactly what the decision was and the reason for it. It's much more structured. There are still too many mistakes made in football by officials. A video ref in football would be very easy to have. They can be consulted for key incidents to do with contentious goals and red cards. The on field refs can wear headphones and communicate with the video ref who takes 10 seconds to replay the incident and come to a decision. Had they had that today, they'd clearly see the Southampton goal was fair and allow it. It can only improve the game and accuracy of results.

I would also be pro sin bins. Yellow cards don't really affect a game unless a player gets two of them. Sin bins would stop unnecessary fouls and make the game cleaner. They could be used for cynical fouls only, for what would be a yellow card. Then you come back on after 7 minutes or something and if you commit another cynical foul, then it's a yellow card and another sin bin sitting. Football needs to do more to keeping games 11 v 11. I'm totally against the last man rule, especially if it's inside the box but I think the rule has changed slightly this season. A last man challenge inside the box = penalty, red card and if the penalty is scored then a goal as well so it's a tripple hit and it's too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:15 am

Go Saints! Oh....THAT football.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:28 am

The ONLY football that matters! Leave, immediately lol Laughing

Wait, how did you know they're called Saints?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:27 am

There's another team called the Saints? I was talking about the ones from the great city of New Orleans!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:30 am

The team I was talking about in my original rant are nicknamed the Saints. Coincidence I guess Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:37 pm

YES! It's coming! Lol Just found this article on BBC Sport! Great to have it at the Confederations Cup this summer, the F.A Cup next year, then the World Cup and (probably) for the Premier League season 2018/19.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39157887
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 pm

And meanwhile, my Saints are listening to trade offers for Brandin Cooks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:50 pm

You're lost! Lol but you're the only one here so pull up a chair. Maybe we can teach each other about our respective footballs Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:22 am

Lmao alright first, who the F edited the thread title from football to soccer? I changed it back. Please don't do that. It's my thread. Thank you.

Secondly, ever since this video refs dispute, there have been a bunch of incidents. Yet another involving Man Utd. First a Bournemouth player stamps a Utd player's head (well it wasn't conclusive if he was aiming for him or just running), then the player reacts with an elbow a minute later. Both should be off, or rather the Bournmouth player should first of all, but neither are and instead some other Bournemouth guy gets sent off for two really soft yellow cards...what a total fucking mess Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:17 am

The Saints have expressed interest in bringing back Sterling Moore. It makes sense, he was decent last year. I just hope they still sign a better cornerback as well. Maybe AJ Bouye from Houston?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:40 am

Nat told me I was an American hero for doing it! I was just saving people from disappointment!

Eric, no matter who they get the Saints will still kinda suck xoxo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:42 am

Ok 1. you should have asked, it's my thread and 2. don't talk about American football on this thread. It's ignorant. Just make your own football thread. Don't turn this into an argument.

Last edited by EnnJaySee on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dana ShelbyChancey

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:47 am

I am in the US, an American, and I am football impaired! I just don't get the game. Many have tried to get me to understand it, I just don't.

But soccer, that I can watch. I know what is going on. If I had to watch one, it would have to be soccer, at least I can follow it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:57 am

Lol you enjoyed those games we watched last summer. Great fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Omg it was obviously a joke. Chill, bro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JF

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:45 pm

I actually feel bad for this keeper especially since its a big game too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:53 pm

What a complete goon Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JF

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Oh and Neil, i hated that Southampton game. I think coaches should at least have 2 attempts to be able to use the replay if the f.a's are too scared to ruin the flow of the game. Or have the ref be able to use it if they aren't sure about their decision.

Overall I don't think the ref's have been doing great this season or last, the most useless refs though are the 5th ref that stands beside the goal in the champions league. I swear I think they just get paid to stand there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:09 pm

Yeah similar to the challenge system in tennis. You can appeal 3 calls made by officials and it'll go to video replay. If your challenge was the right call, you retain that challenge, if it's wrong, you lose it.

Tthe ref at Utd-Bournemouth was shocking. I actually laughed. Almost every decision was wrong. The refs behidn the goals don't do anything lol although I did see one make a call recently and give a penalty. I forget what game it ws though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JF

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:13 pm

oh i dont even want to talk about the united game lol. That was just shocking, hopefully man u sticks to sixth place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Haha, go on son! Have a pop! Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down

Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top