HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which bosses made you ragequit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Merriska

PostSubject: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:32 pm

Not a lot of people have ever heard of this game, but the mad prince Luca Blight in Suikoden II is a bitch. You fight him with three different parties of six and they all have to be levelled enough that they can handle strong physical and magic attacks by fire since he can run through whole rows and columns with a sword. If you're unlucky enough he may go twice in a row. Since you fight him three times, his HP comes out to 19,500 but he'll also come with three or four White Wolfs with about 500 each who also hit hard and may go more than once. After fighting with three parties, he'll be skewered by dozens of arrows but still won't die so then you fight him in a one-on-one duel where you have to correctly predict whether to attack, defend or do a wild attack. If you get this wrong twice you're dead and have to sit through the beginning cut-scene and do the previous three party battles all over again.

So, who made you put down your controller in shame?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:18 am

That giant toy robot bastard from South Park 64. Does anyone remember her? (PS I'm sure he's easy in retrospect, but I was only 10/11, so don't laugh at me <3)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:39 am

I didn't even know South Park had an N64 game, did you play any of the later ones?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:22 am

That ugly monster baby looking thing from the first Half Life. This was like, 10+ years ago so I dont even think Youtube was a thing yet, I can't remember if I even looked for walkthroughs online. I was so annoyed with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 pm

I wasn't much into those kind of games (with bosses to kill etc), but I do remember Syphon Filter, where one of the missions was sneaking into this lab to kill lots of technicians...the trick was that one false move and they detected you, and alarms would go off lol, thus killing you....I was stuck on that for days, I'm pretty sure the remote suffered irreparable damage after being thrown in disgust lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:02 pm

I honestly don't think I've ever rage quit because of a video game boss. I guess the last one to give me a hard time would be the final boss at the end of Claptastic Voyage, the DLC from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Rage quit? Mario lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Cindyfan wrote:
Rage quit? Mario lol.

Which ones? I struggled with multiple games as a kid lol. I probably still would with more recent ones, I learned how to beat the other ones with guides that came in the mail Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arik

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:52 pm

The only game that comes to mind is Sheep Raider (Sheep Dog N Wolf) for the PS1.
Does anyone remember this game from Looney Toons? It was one of my favorites but every time I got to the gossamer level, I would get pissed off and couldn't beat it so I would quit lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:02 pm

the gameboy one. The big rat boss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:19 am

I'll never forget after beating the Elite 4 in Pokémon and when that fucking Gary shows up and wants to do battle... I swear I could've tossed my Gameboy out the goddamn window back in the 90s... I was so pissed.

And I hated Gary. I hated his fucking guts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:43 am

Fuck Gary. How the hell did he get 10 badges? How did he have a car? Why does he have 6 girlfriends that are at least 16 years old? Freaking pedos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Probably the Ochu in Final Fantasy XIII. I killed the massively huge stone giant walking around and I couldn't kill that damn plant and its annoying fucking seeds!!! I seriously was like bye gurl game over no thanks after the 12th time he killed me.

And that thing at the end of Resident Evil 6 in the Chris story. WTF was even going ON there? I just kept mashing the X button. So many graphics and water and tentacles in my FACE if your game is too overly-detailed where there's trees and leaves in my face and I can't see the action it's TOO MUCH. Maybe spend some time/money fixing your clunky controls instead of wasting it on aesthetics?

The boss at the end of Luigi's Mansion on the Gamecube. I think it was BOO. I died a crapload of times during that fight that I considered looking the ending up online.

A lot of the horse racing stuff in Red Dead Redemption made me wanna quit sometimes but the game was too amazing to give up on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:17 pm

For me personally, the boss that comes to mind for the hardest one was Abyssion from Tales of Symphonia. You had to use this lens to even have a chance against him (the lens halves the damage dealt from everyone in the battle and his attacks at full power were pretty much OHKO's), but even with his attacks lessened he's a monster. He had 120000 health to your party's, like, 5000, you had to bring a lot of healing items and what have you, and the battle literally took me 30 minutes to beat.

Needless to say that battle was a killer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Merriska wrote:
I didn't even know South Park had an N64 game, did you play any of the later ones?

I remember that game! I never got to the bosses in that game because it was just so hard to figure out. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:49 pm

Ah resident evil 6. Loved it but that boss was so ugh Soco. It took me a bit of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Merriska wrote:
Fuck Gary. How the hell did he get 10 badges? How did he have a car? Why does he have 6 girlfriends that are at least 16 years old? Freaking pedos.

That's how anime works Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arik

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:52 pm

I also remember getting pissed off at GTA 3 (I think) on the 8Ball mission where we use the sniper rifle on the ship. I would fail every time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:36 pm

You too Cindy?? It was super difficult and that poor Rookie cop guy Sad it was such a frustrating boss fight. Then there was also that one thing that keeps chasing you in the Helena storyline?

ps I am so glad you joined us here <3 and hi Icarus Mark!!

I'm playing Resident Evil VII now. I just got it yesterday. So far it's really good and actually scary. I like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Another boss I feel I should add is Young Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. Basically, you had to fight him to the death, but even if you get his health bar depleted, you have to finish him off in a slow-motion thing that I can't really describe, all the meanwhile as he tried to stop you. If you didn't finish the fight off in a certain amount of time, he would gain back 1 and a half health bars. So fucking annoying!

On Normal, I was sweating like an ocean after 50 tries. After I finally did beat him, I needed to cool down, so I watched the cutscene. Thankfully it was 15 minutes between that battle and the next one, which was, in comparison, a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arik

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Tyler let me know how resident evil is. I bought it for VR when it came out and haven't gotten around to playing yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 pm

I'm actually going to play it right now. I fb msgd you!! Smile I'll let you know my verdict once I play it for a bit.

And I would also like to add that bitch Larxene from KH: Chain of Memories to my ragequit list. HATE. HER.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:41 pm

You mean Sherrys story? The bane monster thing ugh! Annoying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:46 pm

I googled her name to remember if Larxene was who I was thinking of and found a gayslash fic someone wrote of Axel dating her and Roxas being jealous. Fic writers, when are you going to git gud?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:59 am

Merriska wrote:
I googled her name to remember if Larxene was who I was thinking of and found a gayslash fic someone wrote of Axel dating her and Roxas being jealous. Fic writers, when are you going to git gud?

Unfortunately, fan fic writers "gittin' gud" will, for the most part, never happen. Laughing But yeah, that would just be weird to read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which bosses made you ragequit?   

Back to top Go down

Which bosses made you ragequit?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum for the IMDb Games community :: Other :: Video Games-
Jump to: