HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Venting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Merriska

PostSubject: Venting Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Come here to bitch about what's going on in your life from minor annoyances to life-changing experiences. I'll start lol.

This was the middle of my second year as a supply and casual TA in eastern Canada and the staff had always said to my face they liked my approach with the children. They thanked me for coming in at short notice when someone came to school, then realized an hour in they were too sick to be there and had to go rest. They said I had a real connection with one boy and I was the only one who could reach him and get him to show any emotion besides apathy and get him to do any work. I would never say it was perfect (I have ASD so I'm not the best motor-skill wise. ex: I suck at opening salsa jars, peeling potatoes, wrapping anything up etc) but aside from being told to be careful about questioning too much when I asked about the bullying policies (I was just curious why the punishment for knocking someone's hat off was more severe than calling someone a whore) things seemed fine. Today I found out they will not be renewing my contract and I'm out of work.

Maybe it was for the best since I was getting stressed over not having enough hours, but it stings. I did the best I could with my limitations and I wasn't given any advice on how to improve or warnings, everyone said I was doing a good job.

So yeah...feel free to vent about any of your day-to-day annoyances/disasters here. Hopefully they won't be as dramatic as this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:31 pm

That sucks Sad Did you get a chance to ask anyone why they weren't renewing your contract? I feel like there should be Yelp reviews for employers lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Yes, you're entitled to seek feedback.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:21 pm

All they said was they didn't feel I was the right fit to work with the kids and the feedback wasn't strong enough, but there was nothing but positive feedback before today. No detailed reports, just little things when there was one-on-one time about how I handled a situation well or had a good relationship with the kids. So the part about not working well enough with them doesn't make a lot of sense. I wrote them a letter beforehand telling them how much I loved working for them and that I hoped they would give me a mostly positive evaluation and I could work for them for years and eventually get permanent status. I feel a bit betrayed lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bria

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:43 pm

I am sorry that happened. Maybe ask some of the teachers you worked with if they know what happened and when you are talking with them ask about recommendations since they know your work ethic. I know that Recommendations from them should help you find another job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Hang in there, Merriska. I'm sad to hear that someone who cared passionately about the job and the children got shafted, but you will find someplace better to invest your time and energy. Did they say that it had anything to do with you? I know my school here in town is always cutting "extra" jobs and putting more and more responsibility on full-time teachers to do more and more... it's a major issue here in the States, not sure how different it is in Canada. It just sounds like the decision wasn't anything personal against you, especially if you hadn't been given any negative feedback. As it always seems to be, it comes down to funding (or lack thereof). Schools are hard-pressed for cash these days.

As for my bitchfest submission for the day, I have a coworker who is learning bookwork at the store and I keep reminding her of certain ways that we do things, yet she continues to do things HER way because she doesn't care because when she messed things up, it's ultimately up to someone else to grow gray hairs over fixing it and making it right again. It's sort of frustrating being a younger person doing things how my boss wants things done, yet being tasked with reminding openers double my age how things need to be done and them not listening because of the golden rule of "can't teach a old dog new tricks". I'll live, though I find myself losing patience by the day and my hair falling out. My appraisal was today and my boss told me that I stress too much... yet it's because my coworkers aren't reprimanded for failing to do stuff that ultimately falls on my shoulders to fix. I really need to just get 'dumb' faster and let them all fall on their faces, but then something tells me that I'll get in trouble for that too. So, can't really win... though I will say I got a raise today which is always a good thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 pm

They said it wasn't going to work out, but they liked me and I was a nice person. It was confusing since they never said there were any problems beforehand, I figured they'd only let someone go if they did something awful like racist posts or sexual misconduct.

Congrats on the raise though Dan. They sound awful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Sorry to hear that Merriska. But hopefully the experience you got from this job will help you find a much better one with better hours.

My bitchfest submission is not serious at all, but probably will make someone laugh lol. I've gone through 3 different phones in the last 30 days. 2 with the same provider. If it was not one thing wrong with it, it was another, so had to send my phone I had for 6 months back. They send me another one. Was fine for about 2 weeks, until it crapped out on me. I was so over it, I just went ahead and cancelled service and went with a different provider. My old provider was shet in this town anyway so it was time for me to switch. Well, here I go, open a new account, buy new fancy phone. Gets here Monday. Oh, it's Thursday and THE CAMERA STOPS WORKING ON THIS PHONE. When that happened I was just staring at it and thinking, iPhone, why did I ever give you up? Laughing I had an iPhone 5c for nearly 3 years and never had issues with it. This is just hilarious to me. I am so over this I am just thinking of buying on of those cheap 10 dollar flip phones and be done with it Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:50 am

More venting:

I hate living in the southwest. Dry, hot, dusty. There hasn't been any rain in like 2 months. Temperatures are now pushing 90s when the average this time of year is low 70s. Yay climate change.

I mean, I am used to this kind of weather in the sense that I was born and raised in a similar climate. But still...I hate it.

This is where I want to be right now:

or here:

Back to top Go down
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:39 am

Laughing I feel like no one is ever really happy with the climate they live in. In Chicago winter ALWAYS lasts longer than you expect it to. Like we'll have a string of unseasonably warm days in February and people will fool themselves into thinking spring has arrived, but then it goes right back to January temperatures and stays that way until like April/May lol.

It would be interesting to live somewhere like the southwest where it's always hot. I typically don't mind the heat if it's dry, but I don't do humidty. Gurl I'd feel so oily all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:11 am

Oh yea you'll love it here then. I am sure the moisturizing cream companies make a lot of money here all year long. Dry in the summer and winter Laughing

I dont like warm, dry, and hot because you can never feel *clean* like, you can take a shower and 2 hours later you're feeling like you need another one.

Hot and humid, yea...I am not even gonna go there. lol That's why I liked living in San Francisco I guess, the temperature was pretty much the same all year long. 50s-60s. Except around September-October when it would go up to like in the 80s some days, plus the humidity....no.
Back to top Go down
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:26 am

kyogre123 wrote:
More venting:

I hate living in the southwest. Dry, hot, dusty. There hasn't been any rain in like 2 months. Temperatures are now pushing 90s when the average this time of year is low 70s. Yay climate change.

I mean, I am used to this kind of weather in the sense that I was born and raised in a similar climate. But still...I hate it.

This is where I want to be right now:

or here:

bff hen should come to ny its snowing now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:09 pm

Snow can gtfo actually. We had several inches, and NOW it's going to be frigid! No me gusta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Lmao, I just want some warmth now. Not Texas warm, but warm. 65 and I'm happy as larry Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:19 pm

My weather is the same as Mark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DN109

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Arkansas weather is weird.  One day it is hot one day it is cold.  One day it is hot af and the next day it is snowing.  So if you like unpredictability as far as weather goes you can move to Arkansas <3 lololol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:26 pm

It has been the same here in Virginia. One day we had all four seasons, its been crazy. Most of winter has been 50 to 70 degrees when its normally 10 to 30. Now they are calling for snow that could be big on Monday. Mother nature has been going through menopause this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Yeah very unpredictable. We had tornados last night I think lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DN109

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Yeah I saw that too.  Not in Little Rock though, but I did hear the thunder and rain so I was like yassssssss!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Lmfao it got crazy. It's always something
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DN109

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Yeah! Speaking of venting, where the fuck did the coins go?  I was enjoying those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:30 pm

We were never getting any tokens, so I'm kind of glad they are gone tbh My Tokens was literally less than half of my post count. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Well I dont want to live in a place of extremes. Like extreme heat, or extreme cold or extreme rain lol. Somewhere where it's nice and chill all year long.

Tbh strong winds freak me out so I probably wouldn't want to live in a place prone to tornadoes or hurricanes Laughing

Dont ask me about the tokens lol
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:29 pm

You lived in that place, Henry. It's called San Francisco lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venting Thread   

Back to top Go down

Venting Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next