HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Javi watches Survivor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bria

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:43 am

I think Colby was the good southern guy. I think he was supposed to be that stereotype of a character. I had a crush on him then after all stars when his true character came out not so much of a crush then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:51 am

Marquesas was a pretty solid season, the mess that was John Carroll <3 too bad he probably will never get called back to play.

Amazon too <3

I can't remember anything about Thailand though. I think the only seasons from the first 10 that I've  rewatched are All Stars and Vanuatu, cuz I have them on DVD lol.

Is CBS All Access like only CBS TV shows or are there movies in there too? I want to try it just to do this too, rewatch some survivor seasons, but I already pay for Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO Now. Do I need another one? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:59 am

I have every season up until Philippines on DVD but stopped getting them after that. The desire to rewatch seasons isn't there any more. I'm satisfied with 2 seasons a year (takes 6 months) and now also Australian Survivor (another 2 months) so that's 8 out of the 12 months a year watching Survivor. It's enough for me. I get burnt out. Can always watch Youtube clips from different seasons as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:41 am

I didn't mean to insult all the Tina fans I just wouldn't have voted for her if I was a juror. I think the jury voted mostly against Colby than for Tina. Still I'm not mad she won and it was nice to see an older woman beat a young guy.

Funny though, on Survivor Africa I actually thought Kim J deserved it more than Ethan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 am

Tina and Colby are probably the best pair of finalists in the series history. They were both equally deserving IMO and the 4-3 vote was fitting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:23 am

That's a bold statement lol. Can't say I agree. I can think of some others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesseRebel

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:55 am

Neil has a strange hard-on for Colby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:10 pm

...and there it is. Wanting a fight? Look elsewhere, dickhead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb_is_awesome

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Marquesas is great. IMO it's the best of the first 4 seasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Probably true. The other 3 seem sort of bland now. Amazon, Vanuatu and Palau would probably be my top 3 of the first 10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb_is_awesome

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:06 pm

I'd say Amazon, Pearl Islands, and Vanuatu are the top 3 of the first 10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:11 pm

I really was into Marquesas until
Spoiler:

gets voted out. After that point, it was just sort of blahh though I still chuckle when
Spoiler:

Not sure how spoiled some people are about this season. Sucks that spoiler tags make posts look like such an eyesore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Jb_is_awesome

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Marquesas was the only season of Survivor my mom and I watched together in one sitting. It's pretty compelling if you've never seen it before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Lol at not being able to discuss a season from 15 years ago on this thread Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:26 am

Henry, I think you get a free trial period for cbs all access if you wanna just quickly binge a couple seasons. There are a bunch of seasons on Hulu too.

Javi, I'm kinda jealous that you don't know the winners of some of the seasons. I haven't seen most of the early seasons, but I know who wins all of them and so much random info and trivia just from researching for challenges, and hanging out on Survivor messageboards. It can still be enjoyable sometimes watching if you know who wins, like I did like Cook Islands and Exile Island even though I went into them knowing stuff, but I usually lose interest after a few episodes when I start an old season, so I stopped bothering.

I did go through a phase of watching all the old seasons of the amazing race haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:19 am

It's funny how the only season of The Amazing Race I ever got into was the family edition, which was pretty much the bastard season of the franchise. I loved the Weavers and how all those families were after that miserable bunch of people, only for them to hang in there 'til the end. That little punk kid screaming "YOU WISH YOU WERE LANCE ARMSTRONG!" out the window to a few random bikers and having the other three cackle in laughter like the witches they were had to be one of my favorite random reality TV moments ever.

The Brenchel season was alright too, from what little I saw of it. My best friend was really into that one because he loved Rachel from BB, so I caught a few episodes when I was at their house and they were catching up on their shows. I remember that one bitch (Vanessa, was it?) was always antagonizing her.

Otherwise, a lot of these seasons I can't tell apart. I tried to like it, but I just was never a fan of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Just finished watching Marquesas and I have a few things I wanna say/complain about.

1) Kathy. For the entire game I was pulling for her to win so bad. She was truly the only underdog in the game and to have her winning after being at the bottom of her tribe and flipping things around would have been glorious. I was gutten when she lost at final 3.

2) Vecepia & Shawn saying they weren't an alliance.

First of all Shawn pissed me off the entire season. He continued to go on and on about race to an extent I've never seen before in Survivor. Him & Vecepia saying they weren't an alliance and people only assumed they were together cause they were black was BS. They voted together the entire and were always with each other.

After far as Vecepia winning goes, shes by far the least worthy winner of the first 4 seasons. She did nothing amazing and I think it was pure luck really. So far the person I wanted to win has not won. lol

3) Boston Rob

This was my first season watching that featured him and I can understand why he was brought back. The guy just makes great TV and though a bit cocky he's still a great strategist. He's a bit problematic in other aspects but overall him & Kathy were my favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:02 pm

A-Supreme wrote:
I really was into Marquesas until
Spoiler:

gets voted out. After that point, it was just sort of blahh though I still chuckle when
Spoiler:

Not sure how spoiled some people are about this season. Sucks that spoiler tags make posts look like such an eyesore.

Really? Tammy was kinda just bland. I thought this spoiler was gonna have Boston Rob.

And I agree about Vicepia throwing Kathy under the bus. That was brutal and Kathy's face during that whole ordeal. Ugh... i felt for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:14 pm

When you lose because you adjusted your bra </3

Iraheto wrote:
So far the person I wanted to win has not won. lol

Warning this'll probably be true for the next two seasons as well. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Idk if that's a spoiler or...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:21 pm

All I'm saying is while the next two winners have very visible edits, they're not positive and most people watching blind don't root for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Tina is one of the best players in Survivor history and I will NOT sit or stand for this injustice! Javi and Neil can take SEVERAL seats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:31 pm

EnnJaySee wrote:
She left first the second time and the third time she wasn't especially good. I remember after she got back in the game near the end, when she and Ciera needed Monica to go against the two guys, she suggested something ridiculous and Ciera shut it down rightly and said no, tat'snot how we get her on owr side, it just showed me she wasn't a very good strategic player. She has the social side down but strategy not so much.

BAI at you trying to say Ciera is a better player than Tina. Tina was one immunity challenge away from winning twice. She played a perfect game in Australia and slayed it in a way no one has since TAKE A SEAT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:35 pm

<3.

Oh, and the negative edit thing isn't a spoiler either. Only about 3 or 4 characters in Thailand have a positive edit, it's a dark season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Lol calm your tits. It's my opinion. I'm entitled to it. I don't rate Tina highly as a player. That's all. No biggy.

Iraheto wrote:

After far as Vecepia winning goes, shes by far the least worthy winner of the first 4 seasons..

She's widely still considered the worst winner to this day. Lol Thailand. It gets a lot of hate but has some funny moments. Look out for "I am 150 to 200% happy with the wife that I have". That quote totally cracks me up like what sort of scale does he measure on that he can say 150 to 200%? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Javi watches Survivor   

Back to top Go down

Javi watches Survivor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next