Forum for the IMDb Games community

Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 am

Does that mean they judge the intro visuals, not just the theme? Check your Skype, gurl, messaged you Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:03 am

Oh goodness. Seems there's been a misunderstanding and a few have submitted opening scenes i.e. first scenes from tv shows. By "intro" I meant the start credit scenes that's used in the beginning of every show. Everyone, other than Bria, resubmit please.  

An example is something like this:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Ha Ha...That is funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:32 pm

It's one of *those* rounds lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:08 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:42 am

Not gonna lie, I am kind of surprised no one sent the Friends theme. I was already expecting it and thinking of what to say in my rant/review and 0 score for that person Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 pm

Funny, I was going to post earlier and say I was glad nobody sent it, it's just super obvious, but why a 0? Don't tell me you're a Friends hater.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Can't believe no one sent The Fall Guy !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Probably not a 0, but a low score for sure. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:08 pm

I was surprised Twin Peaks wasn't picked Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:34 pm

X Men:
What channel was this on? That beat sounds familiar but I don’t think I’ve watched this show before. It was alright, why was Magneto not listed, is he not a popular X man? 6/10

Are You Afraid of The Dark:
Another one that I never watched, but I knew about this show. This intro is pretty lame though. Oooooh look at the scary swing oooohhh and the lake oooohhh. Nah, pass. 4/10

The Facts of Life:
LOL Lisa Whelchel….this was kind of cute but never watched the show and have no intention to any time soon. RIP Charlotte Rae. 6/10

Baywatch:
Did this really need to be 2 minutes long?? So many unnecessary shots of the beach Laughing I vaguely remember watching one or two episodes many many years ago. Maybe a rerun or something in Spanish, and I remember the intro being a lot shorter than this. That’s probably my one issue with it, this didn’t need to be 2 minutes long. Catchy tune though. 7/10

Big little lies:
Iconic show. Iconic opening titles. Amazing song. Doesn’t really get any better than this. HBO shows have some of the best opening titles of all time. Surprised no one sent Game of Thrones or Westworld or The Sopranos, those would have also been instant 10s from me. 10/10

Dancing with the Stars
Catchy tune but do they really play this at the beginning of every episode? Seems like such a waste of time. I don’t watch this show so I couldn’t really care any less. It looked like it was a fun thing to shoot though. 8/10

True Detective:
Oh I forgot about True Detective too, another HBO show with a sick intro. I have not finished this damn show though, I need to, I stopped and only had like 3 episodes left lol. I like this. The intro song is pretty good and really like the images in this too. 10/10

Dexter:
I feel like Dexter is one of those shows that I would love if I watched it, but right now I dont have the time but I will one day lol. I am too susceptible to binge watching I mean, I binge watched the last season of OITNB in one weekend lulz. Anyway, cool intro that strangely made me hungry. 9/10

Mad Men:
I know this is supposed to be one of the greatest shows of all time, but like I am not really getting this at all from the intro Laughing It’s a cute little intro but yea. It’s not making me go wow ya know what I mean?? 6/10

Young Pope:
Ok well, this was weird lol I saw trailers for this show but never watched it. The intro was kind of interesting. I liked the last bit with the old pope falling down haha. I am not underwhelmed by this or think it’s super impressive either. It’s….good. 7/10
Back to top Go down
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:12 pm

X-Men
I knew I was going to hate this round and this first submission just solidifies my feelings for this theme. I just don't get it. It's not fun and the music is just awful. I could say more about it, but that would be mean. 3/10

Are You Afraid of the Dark
That is a little better, but it still is kind of lame. I just don't dig theme songs and their visuals. There are exceptions, but so far I haven't stumbled upon one. 5/10

Facts Of Life
So yeah, I remember this show and the song is pretty cheesy, but it is somewhat catchy too. It's OK.
6/10

Baywatch
I really hate this show, but the production of the theme is pretty good, but that song is stinko. All the screaming gave me a headache. Still the theme is better than the show. It's OK 6/10

Big Little Lies
I was on the fence with this show, but there were lots of good things about it too. I think how things were resolved in the final episode had me in disbelief. Anyhow, this is pretty good. The montage is really good and the song is kind of average, but not bad. 7/10

Dancing With the Stars
Another show I don't like. This is OK though. The song sucks, but the production is good. Way too long for an opening theme and the dancing is really lame. It's OK 5/10

True Detective
Such a great first season and then came season two. Anyhow this is good. I like the visuals and the song is really pretty decent. Good pick 8/10

Dexter
Yeah, so this is a really good opening theme. So tongue in cheek. Dexter was pretty good until the end. Could have had a few less seasons and a different ending. The best opening so far. 9/10

Mad Men
Another good opening theme. Love the visuals of Don Draper falling and the theme song is really good. Another good pick. 9/10

The Young Pope
I've never seen this show, but the theme is pretty good. The Hendricks remix and the visuals go well together. It's pretty good. 8/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:17 pm

Emer_Halo wrote:
I was surprised Twin Peaks wasn't picked Shocked
Me too! Probably one of the best theme songs ever. Would have gotten a 10 from me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:38 pm

1. X-Men
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IzSGvXc_PM
Superheros of any kind are not my thing. The only one I recognized is Wolverine. I guess as far as a cartoon intro goes it was okay.(6/10)

2. Are You Afraid of the Dark
https://youtu.be/6b2G8ySKNgA
I used to love watching this show. As an adult the intro was kind of boring but I am sure to a kid it might be a little spooky to them.(6/10)

3. Facts Of Life
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGS56qJ0xIw&feature=youtu.be
" You take the good, you take the bad" Lol I sing this song at least once a week, I just cant get it out of my head. I had a feeling this one would be sent after the passing of Charlotte Rae. Anyways I enjoyed it, good pick.(8/10)

4. Baywatch
https://youtu.be/1QtSByg0pBM
I remember watching this when I was younger. I am not sure why I liked it then but its not I show I would enjoy now.(6/10)

5. Big Little Lies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF_1iPFr6Dw
I loved this show even though it made me Alexander Skarsgard a little bit. I liked the song and the intro was cool.(8/10)

6. Dancing With the Stars
https://youtu.be/lFnGm1bNInY
I have never watched an episode of this show. I liked the walk sign guy dancing, that was about it.(6/10)

7. True Detective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyu_MdKBXic
I think I watched 2 episodes of this show and could not get into it. I liked the intro though. The song sounded kind of cool and I liked the singers voice.(7/10)

8. Dexter
https://youtu.be/QhGMGjs3DSs
Great show. I always enjoyed the intro to this show. The creepy sound to the music fits the show pretty good.(9/10)

9. Mad Men
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcRr-Fb5xQo
I have not seen this one either. Kind of reminds me of something you would see in the sixties. It was okay(6/10)

10. The Young Pope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPjW75fIbUo
Havent seen this show either but it was my favorite intro. Good music and I liked how it kept me interested in the background. The intro makes me want to check the show out. I had no plans of giving a 10 in this round because I think there are a lot better choices out there but you changed my mind. Great pick(10/10)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:41 am

If I was playing hard, I'd have sent something cool and modern, a really popular show, not Baywatch Laughing but I was hyper when I sent that and it seemed like a good idea at the time haha. How would Starsky and Hutch have done? I've recently started watching it lol it airs at 10pm here on this channel called Forces TV, it has all the old cop shows and things like that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:14 am

From me, Starsky and Hutch probably would have gotten the same rating as Baywatch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:36 am

The Hoff would not be happy with a score of 19.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:04 am

kyogre123 wrote:

Big little lies:
Iconic show. Iconic opening titles. Amazing song. Doesn’t really get any better than this. HBO shows have some of the best opening titles of all time. Surprised no one sent Game of Thrones or Westworld or The Sopranos, those would have also been instant 10s from me. 10/10

Henry is in my mind somehow on this one, when I saw this was submitted I was like "Uuuurgh, why didnt I think of that???"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 am

The theme for Big Little Lies is good. Baywatch is corny but tolerable in a nostalgic way lol...Starsky and Hutch is a bit hit and miss for me. I have to admit I am strangely fond of the Twin Peaks theme myself tho, like David *hides*.  Anyhoo, time for the results. I tried to get creative with the names, so apologies if I offend anyone   anguish

ROUND 3 RESULTS

1. BOBBY BROWN:
X-Men
6+3+6= 15

2. MARKY MARK:
Are You Afraid of the Dark
4+5+6 = 15

3. TINA TURNER:
Facts Of Life
6+6+8 = 20

4. NEIL TENNANT:
Baywatch
7+6+6 = 19

5. NENEH CHERRY:
Big Little Lies
10+7+8 = 25

6. DANA INTERNATIONAL:
Dancing With the Stars
8+5+6 = 19

7. TOM PETTY:
True Detective
10+8+7 = 25

8. BRIA'N ENO:
Dexter
9+9+9 = 27

9. NAT KING COLE:
Mad Men
6+9+6 = 21

10. THANNY MACK:
The Young Pope
7+8+10 = 25

LEADERBOARD:
1st:Bria = 75 (22+26+27)
2nd:Nat = 69 (28+20+21)
3rd: Cherry = 68 (23+20+25)
4th: Tom = 65 (19+21+25)
5th: Bobby = 64 (29+20+15)
5th: Neil = 64 (23+22+19)
7th: Thanny = 63 (20+18+25)
8th: Mark = 61 (23+23+15)
9th: Dana = 58 (21+18+19)
10th:Turner = 56 (16+20+20)

So after three rounds it looks like Bria has overtaken Bobby now and heads to 1st place.  Cherry moves back up in 3rd and Tom climbs up another few places to 4th. Thanny also flies higher to 7th heaven now. Good going guys.  cheers

Two more rounds left now till the knockouts, so theoretically the table could still flip on its head, so not all hope is lost for some of you...Just make sure your next submissions are REALLY good. 9th place got a 10 this round, so miracles do happen.  winkgrin  On to the next round...

ROUND 4: Skit from a Sketch Comedy Show.

Looking for a scene from a Sketch Comedy show that brings a laughter or two, so something funny ("comedy" is self explanatory, really). No movies.
Here's a list of different shows, by country, if anyone is stuck on ideas:
 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sketch_comedy_groups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 am

Oh btw when players send me their submissions, can you send it with the TITLE and URL of the link address, like this please:

Big Little Lies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF_1iPFr6Dw

Cherry, Nat and a couple of others send like this, but some of you put into a youtube app or don't label which makes my life difficult lol. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Haha you have discovered the downfall of hosting. Next they will passive aggressively put the title as the title of their PM...which does not make copy and pasting easier <3

WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:00 pm

We know this problem well lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Emer_Halo wrote:

Two more rounds left now till the knockouts, so theoretically the table could still flip on its head, so not all hope is lost for some of you...Just make sure your next submissions are REALLY good. 9th place got a 10 this round, so miracles do happen.  winkgrin  On to the next round...

Are the two lowest scoring players getting eliminated or is everyone going to the knockout stage?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:42 pm

There are two more rounds before knockouts. Everyone will get to the knockout stage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Cherry wrote:
Haha you have discovered the downfall of hosting. Next they will passive aggressively put the title as the title of their PM...which does not make copy and pasting easier <3

Indeed Laughing  It kind of fell on deaf ears for some so I'll have to put it as disclaimer again for next time, too! Pfft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    

Back to top Go down

The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next