Forum for the IMDb Games community

Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:25 pm

~FINALE RESULTS: PART DREI~  

*6. DRAMATIC TV HOSPITAL SCENE *

NAT
House
https://youtu.be/nldh0q9mRe0

Pete : Is that Robert Sean Leonard?? Did he just kill her ?? ok, Hugh Grant with an american accent is just so wrong!! Still a better scene than the previous submission.
Spoiler:

David : The first part is pretty good, but I am tired of the near death experiences in shows. None of them are that original. Most follow the same pattern as this one did.
Spoiler:

Misty: RIP Cutthroat. Another good scene.
Spoiler:

Henry : lot of emotion in this scene. so sad. never watched this show, but this was good.
Spoiler:

Total:
Spoiler:

MARK
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air 
https://youtu.be/rJ31eBipr_g

Pete : There was a Fresh Prince scene submitted in one of the previous rounds which was quite good...this one was just....meh. I wonder if this episode was sponsored by the CSGV? A bit preachy...
Spoiler:

David : I guess it is emotional, but it didn't make me feel much. It's OK.
Spoiler:

Misty: Not much to say today. Good scene, good choice.
Spoiler:

Henry : yea good acting in this scene, i liked it. not bad at all.
Spoiler:

Total
Spoiler:

*7. TV/MOVIE RANT *

MARK
Breaking Bad
https://youtu.be/wMEq1mGpP5A

Pete : I binge-watched this show a few years back and stopped before the final series, so I still don't know how it ends lol. This scene is very good...but didn't hit the heights of the previous one.
Spoiler:

David : This is a good scene from the best show I've ever seen. I think there are a few better rants on BB, but this is still powerful.
Spoiler:

Misty: I keep saying I am going to watch this show, one day I will get around to it. I think you could have done better in picking a scene.
Spoiler:

Henry : this is so ott though lol. I am trying really hard to get into this show and I've rewatched and rewatched the first season trying to get interested but if after the third rewatch im still like, meh, then clearly idc how good the show gets later in its run, they failed at making me interested with the first few episodes. but i know im in the minority here cuz I know everyone loves this show. Sue me.
Spoiler:

Total :
Spoiler:

NAT
The Newsroom 
https://youtu.be/1zqOYBabXmA

Pete : Amazing pick. As soon as I saw the theme, this scene sprang to mind. Amazing writing/acting/editing. I think this clip should be compulsory viewing in every school in the USA. The USA are number 1 in 3 things...incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe in Angels (lmfao) and spending on defence. I need to watch this show in its entirety again soon.
Spoiler:

David: This was a great opening of a show, even if the show wasn't that great. I thought the show was going to be something wonderful after watching this first scene, but it really got weighed down by the central character and lots of idiotic stories that had nothing to do with the challenges of how a newsroom works. This scene is pretty good though.
Spoiler:

Misty : Never seen this show and was honestly bored at first but at about 5 minutes it got interesting. Good scene
Spoiler:

Henry : where's the lie though? Anyway, I was also confused by this theme and I know that if I was playing I would be asking questions too lol. but whateverz. good choice.
Spoiler:

Total:
Spoiler:

*SUBTOTAL*
Spoiler:

Therefore the winner is
Spoiler:

cheers . Congrats to the 1st King of this game!  king Thanks to all the players and judges for taking part, it's been fun and such a blast  Heart ...After/wrap party time now  party party party
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:26 pm

BORED BORED BORRRRED, Bye.

I mean at the winner lol not you, Emer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Ah well, the king stays king I guess. Congrats, Nat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Oh my gosh, I legitimately did not think I'd win. Good job, Mark! You really kept it close.

Thanks for hosting this, Emer! It's been fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bria

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Congratulations Nat(Nick Miller)!!

Nice job mark!

What a great game! Glad I got to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:56 pm

There were lots of great submissions during the game. Congrats to Mark and Nat. You guys definitely worked hard to submit good scenes and music. Fun game and enjoyed judging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Oh and thanks to our wonderful host. You did a great job and made this game a pleasure. Amazing people all around.

Last edited by modica on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:59 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Thanks everyone Heart

What was confusing about the argument/rant theme btw? I don't understand why Mark and Henry were confused? Anyone else think the same??? I don't understand the issue lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Congrats to Nat !! And well done to all the other players who took part.

I really enjoyed judging this, shame I only got on board halfway through....my fault!

Well done Emer for hosting this, top job Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Congrats Nat!!!! cooldance2

Good job to Mark too!

I dont know about Mark, but in my case I guess the confusion comes from English being my second language. I thought rants are when it's mostly one person talking (kinda like the Newsroom clip) and arguments were between two people (like the BB clip). But again, I am not even sure if that's true lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:49 pm

The way I understood it is, the theme was basically an argument between 2 or more people where one of them eventually goes off on a rant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:56 pm

English is my first language and I thought the same way Henry lol. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to find a clip of one person ranting or two people arguing back and forth so I struggled with that theme. I actually don’t even watch Breaking Bad. I couldn’t think of anything so I had to google ideas and went with that one lol. I usually like to be true to myself and submit songs/shows/movies I actually like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:25 am

I personally like discovering a clip/song you've never seen or heard before and getting a sense that it'll do well, and it does. I get a better feeling from that than sending something you already know and feel will do well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Quote :
I get a better feeling from that than sending something you already know and feel will do well.

I don't always think the stuff I like will do well though? Like the Vanilla Sky ending is one of my fav movie endings but I'm not surprised it didn't score high with the judges (except David.) It was a risk that didn't work out but it's more validating to me if the judges like something obscure that I picked and already liked before the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:14 am

Congrats wolf nat!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Oh didn't realize this was over, half thought we were still waiting for Marky to submit or something blah

Congrats Nat <3 and Mark you did okay too <3

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    

Back to top Go down

The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17