Forum for the IMDb Games community

Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 15:11

I know your comment wasn't to me, but it's not your fault, Emer. I mean you set the format before the game started, the points could have all been close with only a 10 point difference between first and last, with those extra boosts needed.

It just ended up that most of the bottom group fell too far behind for it to make much of a difference. Aiming for a perfect score while hoping your opponent scores less than 24/40 isn't super likely.

But again, it's Metsrus, so I mean anything can happen blah

WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 15:12

I like it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 15:14

Bro you don't even have to submit <3 your advantage plus whatever penalty she gives Turner for being the worst at formating PMs will move you on anyway haha.

Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 15:25

Lol yeah, Cherry. Metrus could do the honourable thing and flunk it for you hehe

I had to just tell Thanny to resubmit because Nat got his submission...You were quick, Nat! Great choice btw lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 15:38

Sorry Emer, I just don't think it's a good format. 4 of the 5 eliminations are basically decided, as has been pointed out. 3 of them are almost certain so in that sense, it can't be a great format if you're already almost certain of the some of the results.

Also, has been pointed out, the fact that someone is in the top 1-3 and playing against people in the bottom 3 is an advantage in itself. They're won the right to play the weaker people in the game. Nat doesn't need any advantage, let alone a 29 point gap Laughing

It is your game but it's not too late to amend the format. You could still give the people who did well an advantage over the people at the bottom, without it being insurmountable. I know we discussed this but now that others see the problem, you might reconsider.

Nat +10
Bria +9
Tom +8
and so on, down to Turner on +1. This way, Turner has a 9 point gap to make up, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility lol. It's up to you but it might be a better format to go with. At least then there could be a bit of suspense.

If not, well, that's a shame and Nat will certainly win the game, which is really dull and predictable Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 16:30

Hmm...Well I'll be deliberating with the judges.

A crisis meeting has been called and is in effect now. scared
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 18:53

I'm gonna win this thing for all the underdogs out there. I've got this, guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 19:52

Sad

Last edited by cooltu101 on Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 3:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 21:56

Turner honey she put it in order from best to worst, it's not personal for Nat to get you, haha.

Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 22:03

T.ears I just remealized (remembered/realized) that a lot of old songs don't have "official" music videos because that wasn't really a big thing back and it narrows down most old things I'd want to send to suck up to Pete <3

cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 2:52

Emer should judge too make a bunch of people judge to make it fair
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 2:54

Cherry wrote:
Bro you don't even have to submit <3 your advantage plus whatever penalty she gives Turner for being the worst at formating PMs will move you on anyway haha.
this
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 3:01

How bout the top 2 seeds get a bye this round, so we don't end up with 5 players next round?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 5:45

cooltu101 wrote:
Emer should judge too make a bunch of people judge to make it fair

There will be ANOTHER new judge this round, alongside David, Misty, Henry and Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 5:53

metsrus wrote:
How bout the top 2 seeds get a bye this round, so we don't end up with 5 players next round?

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 6:48

5 fixtures, 5 winners = one spare player next round. I should get a bye just for being so damn sexy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 7:38

He's suggesting Nat and Bria automatically move on, no matchups for them, and everything else pushed down, Met vs Turner, Shred vs Dana, Mark vs me, Thanny vs Neil. So then only 4 people leave, leaving you with 6 people for the rest of the game, an even number if you do one of these face off rounds again.

Edit: not saying you should do that, everything is your decision, but if you did, Nat and Bria could still have their submissions judged so they receive more points added to their score for future rounds.

EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 7:59

Then what happens at 6? You have 3 winners from 3 fixtures lol, so someone gets a bye the round after too, or do you give 2 more byes at 6 and have 2 fixtures? No. Lol giving byes is a bad idea. I would have just eliminated the bottom 2 after group rounds, that's what generally happens and the whole reason for having a table, to scramble to stay above the bottom 1/2/3 spots. So Turner and Dana would be eliminated right now and we'd have 3 knockout rounds (quarter finals, semi-finals and a final, preferably without the accumulated totals). The only way knockout fixtures like this work is with a certain number of players. You can have 128 to begin, then 64, 32, 16, 8, 4 and a final with 2. I watch snooker and this is how they do it lol it doesn't work with other numbers. This is a common format for many sports including the World Cup (32), tennis (128 in majors) and no doubt plenty others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 8:07

Hmm...how about let's make this a wild card round, bottom 4 face off each other, that will leave us with 8 players next round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 8:16

That would work, but call it the elimination play-off round lol it has more zazz to it Laughing and it could be song of choice or something so all the songs sent for this theme can be carried over to the quarter finals. It's not our decision but it works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 8:41

Cherry wrote:
He's suggesting Nat and Bria automatically move on, no matchups for them, and everything else pushed down, Met vs Turner, Shred vs Dana, Mark vs me, Thanny vs Neil. So then only 4 people leave, leaving you with 6 people for the rest of the game, an even number if you do one of these face off rounds again.

Edit: not saying you should do that, everything is your decision, but if you did, Nat and Bria could still have their submissions judged so they receive more points added to their score for future rounds.

I'm not gonna carrying the points further after this round. After this one it's gonna switch back to a standard game, i.e. lowest scorer leaves per round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 8:54

metsrus wrote:
Hmm...how about let's make this a wild card round, bottom 4 face off each other, that will leave us with 8 players next round.

Fine, my arm's been twisted and because I'm a host of the people I'll come to a COMPROMISE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 9:09

No compromises needed, young lass!  Bull and I were just throwing out ideas.

Last edited by metsrus on Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 9:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 9:10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    Thu 16 Aug 2018 - 9:16

Lol, too late.  Anyway,  just a slight shakeup but this is how   the now infamous Round 666 will go now.  I think this way no one will be too disappointment! So here it goes ~

Nat, Bria, Tom and Bobby...You guys are automatically through to Round 7 so I'll discard your submissions!

Round 6 will be a 3 MATCH PLAYOFF between the bottom 6 players instead now, and it'd go like this -

MATCH FIXTURES:
1. Mark vs. Turner
2. Neil vs. Dana
3. Thanny vs. Cherry

POINT ADVANTAGE:
1. Mark: +107
2.  Neil: +104
3.  Thanny: +99
4.  Cherry: +96
5.  Dana: +95
6. Turner: +89

There will be 5 judges this round,  as I asked mas if he's able to judge this round and he kindly said yes, so there's a potential of 50 points up for grabs, and the margins aren't so big now so it's gonna make for an interesting round!

I'll go ahead and post the 6 submissions next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!    

Back to top Go down

The Emerzing Race - The King crowned!
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next