Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:13 am

Who's up for it? Anybody? Come on lol I can even post episode links here if you can't find them. Starts August 1st!

Here is a Wiki link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Survivor:_Champions_vs._Contenders
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 am

Yeah post the links that would be great
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 am

Actually, I only need to post one link lol then you pick the season and all the episodes are there to play. The new season will be season 5. No excuses now, everybody come and watch Laughing and COMMENT.

http://putlocker.io/search-movies/australian+survivor.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:41 pm

EPISODE 2 SPOILER:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:50 pm

Caught up on the first five episodes today and I really really like this season. This is how you do a kind of themed season but not have it be really contrived. no trying to force story lines, they have presented themselves.  i actually like most of the people.  why all the paige hate? she didn't seem that bad to me.

really want to root against the bro alliance but the nudity in the 2nd episode made me thirsty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:16 am

YES, somebody is watching lol we might be the only two. I only read your first sentence as I'm only on episode 3, but how did you watch all 5 at once? That would be over 6 hours worth. I can only watch one at a time due to their extended length (which I love). Plenty of camp insight and longer tribals. Was so glad Russell left early. Dad to see Damo go over Jackie though. I want some women to go lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:58 pm

I've caught up on 5 episodes now, there's a 6th lol I only wish it wasn't aired so fast. 4 episodes a week is too much. I'd be happy with 2/3 max to make it last. Lol at how much of an ass Zach is. He's the biggest douche in the game. I guess they want to show him in that light, almost everything they show him say is in some way offensive or arrogant. I hated the Steve vote, I liked him, but it was so obvious it was coming with all their arrogance.

The Jenna vote was obvious again. I really didn't like her so no sadness on this end. I mean it sucks for her but I don't care. She acted like it was a war, it's not, then her words when voting Steve "this was 9 days long in the making" or some shit, piss off. I must have missed why she was so loved. I just don't like that contender team, like at all. The "bros" are musclebound meatheads and the girls are bleh. There's really nobody on that team I root for in any way. Possibly just Heath.

All the likeable people are on the champions team. Sam is by far my favourite. The average Joe, but he's hilarious too. The pole challenge when going up against Robbie and Zach and he struts out saying how he'll take it easy on them Laughing pure gold. I also like Steve and the Mat, Sharn, Moana alliance. They're just a much more likeable team so I just want to see the contenders continue to lose, but get rid of Anita "and her girls". She's irritating af. I don't see what's so annoying about Paige either, it's being shown like Anita has her little clan of girls and Paige isn't allowed to be part of it. Hate that bullshit high school mentality. Paige did screw up by talking to the other team during a challenge.

I may just watch episode 6 now I'm on a roll lol. Get it finished before the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:47 pm

Zach...there are no words Laughing true definition of a misogynist pig. Just an all round asshole really. Something I love about this that US doesn't do is it cuts away from the game to show people in their real lives. I really like seeing people in their every day environment. You feel like you get to know them better and it can help you grow to like them more as well. It makes them more human. It's such a little thing but it adds a lot.

Ok so I'm up to date now, episode 8 is over. I like the exile twist and was thrilled to see Heath play his idol and wipe that stupid arrogant grin off Benji's face. I'm really enjoying this much more than US Survivor and a big part of it is due to tribe shuffles, or lack of lol. I'm in favour of ONE tribe mix up, but any more and they really just muddy the waters and I struggle to come up with logical reasons why people turn on each other. I much prefer if the line is clear cut and with one tribe mix up, you can remember who was with who once we get to merge, but when there's two or more, you struggle to recall who was with who at what point. I don't think we'll get a mix up here but who knows. Even though I like the Champions much more, I don't want to see the Contenders picked off at merge if they go in down in numbers. We're over Pagongings lol.

The next episode isn't until Monday, it's nice to get a little break now. I thought it was going to be 4 episodes per week. I don't want it to go in too fast, but this is a nice pace.

AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR RUUUUUULES!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Willy!!!!! I NEED WILLYYYYY!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Another great couple of episodes. Zach might as well of had a shovel in his hands Laughing dig baby dig, what a spanner. Part of me was sad to see him go, he was such a moron it gave me amusement. Love these challenges, they're really intense. That leap off the platform to grab the rope last episode looked really high, all the people face planting in the water had to hurt Laughing and then an old favourite for the immunity. Glad to see Contenders lose again, still just don't like them. Glad Paige left, even though I really don't like Benji, but what the hell at the reward? Aren't they meant to be fans???! Any fan will straight away know what that was about, it was done in HHH and I instantly knew the clue was going to be buried under the food. Did they not see that season? Perhaps it doesn't air until a year or two after it's aired in US Laughing

I dunno, I know Survivor airs on an Irish channel and it's about 2 years behind. I sometimes watch it. Maybe they just haven't got as far as HHH but seems unlikely. You'd just stream it online like everyone else. Surprised only Benji found it. What shocked me was what a pig he was eating those nachos, he was biting them and dropping all his gross mouth crumbs on top of the fresh nachos that other people were going to eat after him, so gross.

Next up we have a tribe shuffle! I was wondering was it coming. What will the two teams be called? What colours? How will the split go? I'm actually excited to see. There are 15 left, so I'm going to assume one unlucky person goes to exile beach and joins the losing team's tribe after the next vote. I never like that because it's not really a loss when your numbers get bumped back up to even once they join. The only thing that matters is who goes and who joins. We'll see if that's what happens anyway. I just hope Sam gets a good split. Jacqui is so eww, her talk of an alliance with Brian, Monika, Shane to take out a strong guy, get away to hell or that with ya Laughing she's only there because they've been on such a good run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:46 am

I feel that the tribe swap is a little too late because they're probably going to merge at 13 anyway like they have in the last two seasons so to have a swap at 15 for only 2 rounds. They really didn't show too much of the champions the last couple episodes expecially in the Zack episode and unfortunately I think they will mostly stick together.

I am thinking a merge might be a little predictable in the beginning because it seems like the core Champions are trying to play like Lee from season 1 all about loyalty and not much strategy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:08 am

Lol that drove us all crazy, MAKE A MOVE SOMEBODY. No but the Champions are divided, as are the Contenders. Let's see if I can get this right:

Jacqui, Shane, Brian
Mat, Steve, Lydia, Sharn
Monika, Sam (could go either way)

Heath, Tegan
Fenella, Shonee
Benji, Robbie

There's no large dominating group so I think the swap should be ok. I'm rooting for the Mat alliance and hope Sam ends up with it but I don't know. I think it'd be fun if rivals Mat and Robbie aligned. Strong guys need each other at this stage. We'll see how the split goes. By the time you see this, it'll probably be merge lol, but it doesn't have to happen at 13, it could be 12 or 11.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:23 pm

I've been thinking, since we now know Australia are legally allowed to use US players in their seasons, do you think that opens the door for a potential USA Vs Australia season? That was just be AMAZINNNGGG! Isn't that what all fans want. You could have a tribe of 12 former US players and a tribe of 12 former Aus players (or 10 of each and shorten the game to 39 days to fall in line with US, whatever really), you could easily make a decent team up from the last 3 seasons of Aus. The US team must only be made up of players who have played once, so there are no advantages for anyone (we know game experience is pretty valuable, Fans Vs Favourites tells us that and I just like it if everyone starts on equal ground so all having played once, no former winners or finalists or anything like that.) I think it would be epic and I don't think they'd stick to alliances based on countries, they'd mix and play the game together. You'd start out separated and then obviously have a mix up. It would be fascinating to see the US players mix with the aussies and how it would play out. I remember reading before this season started that there was speculation the cast might have 1 or more US players and Tyler from Worlds Apart was mentioned. Obviously I got excited lol. Also mentioned were Ryan O and Jeremiah (it showed tweets from all 3 showing interest). This theme could certainly be done and I don't see any reason not to do it. Surely it can only be good for ratings. How would the aussies feel though if US dominated? I wouldn't be supporting any one side, I'd support my favourites, whichever side they're from.

An old intro, but you get the idea lol the fans want it, MAKE IT HAPPEN, AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR! Call it Battle of the Nations or something. AUSTRALIA WINS IMMUNITY SENDING THE US TO TRIBAL COUNCIL! Laughing

I think the next episode of this season is tomorrow. Looking forward to see how the shuffle goes and what the new look teams are called (can't really call them Champions and Contenders if they're mixed), it's a bit like Heroes Vs Villains, they never had a tribe shuffle, but if they did they'd have to have had new tribe names, so we'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:13 pm

Well that was a fun tribe shuffle. I'm not a fan of the random shuffles, but it didn't work out too bad, though the Contenders now have the edge physically. In terms of the split, it went pretty much how I wanted it to. The vote too went as I'd like it to. I think Jackie was a shady player and should have left when Damien did. Based on the votes, Jackie and Brian thought the plan was to split between Tegan and Shonee. I'm guessing they were planning to take whichever one was left in next round, plus Shane and have a 4-3? Why not just take both of them in now and have a 5-3? That's a strange one, perhaps Shane wasn't as solid with them as they'd hope for, well based on the vote, she wasn't, so even with the 2 girls, they'd have had 4-4, so yeah the plan they had must have been to try for a 4-3 next vote.

So Mat, Steve, Sam and Shane came together to take out a dangerous player. For a minute, I thought it was going to be Brian and I'd have been pissed at that. Jackie was the real threat of those two, the stirrer. That lie about the plan being to throw to get one of the girls out. The real confusing part about this vote is, why did Shonee and Tegan vote Brian? A way to test them, without revealing the real plan? Maybe we'll find out in the next episode.

Oh I really REALLY liked what Lydia said about getting the strong people together who carry the team through these challenges and form a majority at merge and take out the weaker players who usually get overlooked at merge in favour of the strong. As a viewer, I hate that strong players get targeted at merge despite doing so much for their teams up until that point. I'm all in favour for that and even mentioned in a previous post that I'd love to see rivals Robbie and Mat join up and there was a moment it showed them say the plan is go. I don't expect it to work out but you never know.

Finally, how funny was Sam during the immunity? Whispering over to Benji "I had a dream about you last night….you lost" Laughing I was in bits, he's great and Benji wasn't amused, made it even better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Quick post tonight, got a headache lol that twist at tribal...I was like nooooo, where did the twist come from anyway? It was just randomly brought up. It was almost like they got wind Tegan was probably going and tried to think of a way to keep her in, again Laughing that's what we'd say if it was US. She would have been the luckiest player ever to get voted out twice and saved by a twist.

I really thought it was going to be Brian this time though, but glad it wasn't. He needed to stay loyal to the Champions even after last vote. It wasn't the time to seek a move, especially having been the one most vocal about just getting rid of one of the girls. He was lucky they decided it was more important to get Tegan out. I am a little concerned we get to merge and the contender guys are picked off, but people like Fenella and Shonee manage to stick around. I wouldn't want to see that.

Benji and Robbie's decision to send Tegan home may come to bite them on the butt, but I firmly believe they think they're solid with Lydia and Sharn who are with Steve and Mat. I hope that group do come together, well we'll see anyway. That's it until next Monday. That means no merge since they showed the challenge preview. Probably merge at 12 then. I like when things are nice and clear cut. Cast of 24, merge at 12, exactly half way, that's the way to do it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:06 am

Yeah I think there goes Susan to send Teagan home will come back to bite them because the Champions have shown that they are strong together so I really don't believe the Champions will just drop people for Robbie and Benji they're getting played just like they played Anita to it off Tegan the first time. I'm just waiting for merge at this point I have a feeling this season is going to see the contenders get picked off one by one and it won't be interesting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:46 am

That is how it appears to be going, but it's never easy to predict. The Champions tribe are unique to the game in that they're different to regular people. They're all special in some way so most probably feel they have to stick together, but a lot can happen. For instance Brian will still feel on the bottom, I think Shane is unpredictable and Lydia might feel loyalty towards some of the new team and what's been promised. Benji has an idol as well (is there another one in play right now? Can't remember). On top of that, are the likes of Sam and Monika going to want to go deep with Steve and Mat? As a viewer, I want Sam to stick with them but as a player, I dunno, it depends on how much I trusted the other people and the timing, but you don't want to be in the final 5 or whatever with Steve and Mat and hope to win immunity. You could, but the odds are lower.

I'm not going to give up just yet Laughing we'll see how the next episode and the merge episode shapes up, but I think the right move was to save Tegan, which is an action, you saved her and that would do way more to win back her trust that simply saying we need to stick together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:59 am

Hahaha I found these pics. That guy was such a dumbass, but it was funny, I actually miss his ridiculous comments and what the hell were those tights he wore and why does he have shorts over them in that pic? Laughing you just know the thought process that went trough his head was "they will be able to see my snake if I wear the super tight ones and they will be so impressed" Laughing what a total and utter goon. We will remember you fondly, Zach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:35 pm

That pic gave me a massive boner. Neil are you out of the closet yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:26 pm

wont be able to watch this week as im traveling. in london now. eventually getting to scotland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:53 am

On one hand, that's cool, on the other, noooooooo, my Australian Survivor chat buddy. When will you get to catch up then? You can still watch there though lol get into comfy hotel bed and fire up the laptop/tablet. Tell Tara hi!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:48 pm

So I thought Robbie was going...then it was Heath lol I can't remember what else happened lol watched it last night and was tired, but it seemed like a blindside of Robbie was in order. I was 50/50 on it, I don't like Fenella, so didn't want her to get her way, but on the other hand I did like Heath. It's a shame, but I think if he stayed, he would have just gone at merge anyway being on the outside of alliances and being the height/threat that he is.

Merge then and it's a BLACK buff, my favourite merge colour lol. So we have 6 men, 6 women. I'll break down the alliances how I see them and then try to come to a prediction of who joins who.

Mat, Steve, Sam, Sharn, Lydia, Monika...Shane
Brian
Robbie, Benji
Fenella, Shonee

Wow, ok so we have one massive dominating Champions alliance. Within that alliance I think Steve, Mat, Sam, Sharn and Lydia are tightest, then Monika and Shane is a wild card. Then we have Brian who is a free agent basically. Robbie and Benji are a pair, as are Fenella and Shonee, but those pairs won't work together now (I don't think, it could happen but I'm going to predict it doesn't just because the contenders are broken at this stage and there aren't many left, but in reality the BEST thing they could do is become a 4 and try to pull in the stray Champions, people like Monika, Shane and Brian). In fact that is one prediction, it could happen lol.

What else is there that people could go for? Would the contender guys be ok being pulled in and just being used to pick off the stray contender girls plus Brian? All that does is advance you a few steps, but no further. I could see Brian being the first out, just because the big ass Champions alliance doesn't trust him and he's no allies in the game, so it's an easy vote. I don't want to see that happen though. A girls alliance is a terrifying prospect lol. All 6 of them left you could see working together, but the 6 guys are never going to become an alliance. Could the Champions turn on each other this early at merge? Possibly, it's really hard to read when you only see a small percentage of what happens. I just hope whatever happens, it's favourable.

Idols, who has idols? I could do with a refresher. Benji has one and....Mat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:46 pm

WOW, great merge episode! Loved the giant auction lol at first you're thinking, what, auction already, but it's like day 32 or something for them, which is 7 days from the end in US. I liked how it played out, except Shonee getting an advantage, but at least it's not an idol. The immunity was good, a variation on the usual pole challenge. I just don't get why perceived physical threats go all out this early at merge, people like Joe from Worlds Apart. It's too soon to go all out, you're only going to put a target on your back. Lydia didn't have to. I wonder had she bowed out early or mid way through that challenge, would she have been targeted. We'll never know. If you feel safe in the numbers, there's no need to go for immunity when there's 12 left. Your primary concern is your alliance, immunity is there if you feel vulnerable as a last resort, if you feel good about your game, you don't have to go for it and put a target on your back. We've seen it so many times.

I felt bad for her in the end, I wanted Fenella to go, but Mat is really controlling things, for now. You can sense his time is coming. I think they'll turn on him soon, maybe not right away but within a few votes. He's setting himself up as the one in control of the game, never good, it's been that way for a long time though. Leader of the Champions and now leading the majority at merge. Sam is just awesome, he's so funny, but I worry the point will come when people are like "Sam is so strategic, he's a big threat, he has to go" so he needs to be careful of that. Shane wanting to make a big move so soon isn't good for her, but it's funny, she was like a mafia queen or something Laughing don't f*** with Shane Gould haha.

I loved the preview at the end, of course it could be just to keep you watching but it was setting it up like it's going to be an amazing end game with all kinds of crazy moves. Whatever happens, still loving #SurvivorAU Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:39 am

This was possibly the most disappointing episode yet in terms of editing. All the focus was on just a few people, mainly Sharn, Benji and Mat. As experienced viewers, we knew Robbie would go. It was too soon to make a move on the Mat alliance, but it's coming. I really dislike Benji, always have, so it sucks he's the last boy Contender left. I also don't want to see Fenella and Shonee go far. I enjoy post merge less when all the physical threats go and you're left with people like that. They don't interest me, I like a mix of players who have a range of skills. They're just uninteresting to me, but I don't think anyone is going to target them now for a long time. I don't want to see a string of guys go at this stage, but that could easily happen, unless it's Benji, ugh just leave. Wrong choice, should have been him over Robbie, a sharp mind in Survivor is much more of a threat than a sharp physique. I don't think we're in for the predictable ride we anticipated, it's all beginning to splinter with little sub alliances forming.

Mat, Steve, Shane, Sam, Monika (with Sam/Monika splintering)
Sharn, Benji
Monika, Benji
Fenella, Shonee
Brian (floater, no real loyalty to anyone)

I guess the move they're pushing for this next episode is Benji, Sharn, Sam, Fenella, Shonee, Monika?, maybe Brian, not sure, doubt it. At least 6 is needed. If Sharn was smart, she'd try to play the both sides thing as long as possible, get rid of Brian next as a floater. Then at 9 it's probably a good time for the move on Mat, but noooo, I don't want that to go down. I don't want to be left with just Sam to root for amongst all the girls and Benji, yuck. You should have never let Lydia go, Mat. A phjysical threat isn't a threat with 12 people left. Nobody has ever gone on a run of 9/10 straight immunities and that was never going to happen. You had 4 contenders to pick off before you turned on your own, you could have at least gotten rid of 2. It was too soon for Lydia and this is the result. I like Mat and Steve but they're about to go down in flames one would think. GAH, I don't want all these girls plus Benji and Sam to take control.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:00 pm

So I'm pretty much out for the season now because I was watching this on terrarium TV and they just announced it's closing today and I refuse to watch the show on the websites with 50,000 pop ups and 50000 viruses trying to infect my computer so I'll watch the Wikipedia every few days to see who gets eliminated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders   

Back to top Go down

Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next