HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

You ever rewatch a movie...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: You ever rewatch a movie...   Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:55 am

...you used to like when you were younger and now you watch it many years later and think, wtf is this shet, this movie is so stupid Laughing

Final Destination 2 was on the other day and I had not seen it in years. Death scenes were still cool, but that script and that acting... Jesus Laughing it was so painful listening to some of those lines.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: You ever rewatch a movie...   Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:59 am

So many times I've lost count lol....

A few examples:

Sinbad and the eye of the tiger
Zoltan - Hound of dracula
Clash of the titans (1981)
Any Bruce Lee movie
Any John Wayne movie
Every which way but loose / Any which way you can
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: You ever rewatch a movie...   Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:11 pm

I get this a lot with movies I watched as a kid, which is understandable since they all can't all appeal to all ages of people. Not every movie can pull it off as seamlessly as, say, Shrek which I watched the other day and its still awesome. Regardless, there's some enjoyment in watching movies like Home Alone 3 (major guilty pleasure... might even be my fav of the franchise), Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, and Addams Family Reunion, despite their flaws. Anyone who loved Good Burger as a kid should be getting this feeling the first five minutes in when somehow the baby and the basketball get switched on the basketball court. Laughing

It's the chick flicks of the day that give me this feeling really bad, for the worst. When I watched 10 Things I Hate About You a few years back, I couldn't help but think what kind of parent makes it a rule that his youngest daughter can't date until her older sister does???? That's like the dumbest parenting rule ever and is only asking for trouble. I still like the movie enough, though. She's All That hasn't fared that well over time, either... lots of cringeworthy moments that weren't noticed back in the day and everyone is so shallow that it's hard to really relate to anyone. You're also talking about a movie that was released during an age where pubes and farts were used as punch lines. Not to mention that the acting really sucks, as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: You ever rewatch a movie...   Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:59 am

Yeah, I used to love Before Sunrise(one of my top 5) but when I came across it the last time it just wasnt as authentic as I remember it and it just seemed so contrived. I dunno, I think I was just in a cynical mood to appreciate it as much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Re: You ever rewatch a movie...   Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:00 am

My favorite 3 movies still stand from my childhood(and teens)

Starship Troopers
Rocky 4
and
Bloodsport

I have seen each over 200 times and love them every time I watch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: You ever rewatch a movie...   Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 am

This is for all you new people. I only have one rule, everybody fights, no one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. Do you get me?!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: You ever rewatch a movie...   Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Lol I have never seen any of the movies mentioned here.

One movie I did see recently that I hadn't in a long time but was still fun to watch was The Faculty with young Elijah Wood and Salma Hayek. I knew that movie was silly then and it still is. But really has some legit scary and gross scenes. Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: You ever rewatch a movie...   Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 pm

The Faculty is great. I saw Rocky V tonight for the fist time in years and still enjoyed it even though it has a bad reputation. I dunno why, it's good. My favourite Rocky has to be the third one when enemies become allies lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Re: You ever rewatch a movie...   Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:14 am

EnnJaySee wrote:
This is for all you new people. I only have one rule, everybody fights, no one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. Do you get me?!!

My favorite quote(s) from that movie...which I actually bought in 4k is

Jean Rasczak: No. Something given has no value. When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.

and

Jean Rasczak: Correct. Naked force has resolved more conflicts throughout history than any other factor. The contrary opinion, that violence doesn't solve anything, is wishful thinking at its worst. People who forget that always die.

and

Jean Rasczak: Figuring things out for yourself is the only freedom anyone really has. Use that freedom. Make up your own mind, Rico.

I wish I had Rasczak as a History teacher!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You ever rewatch a movie...   

Back to top Go down

You ever rewatch a movie...
Page 1 of 1