Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Group A:
Egypt Egypt (Neil) 0-1 (Henry) Uruguay Uruguay

Henry:

Win any group fixture: +3 points.
Keep a clean sheet in any group fixture: +1 point.
Win any group fixture with a 90+ minute goal: +1 point.

=+5 points.

What a lucky win for Uruguay lol they had some chances but didn't play great from what I heard. Egypt fought hard but found it tough without Salah. I really hope he plays against Russia. Uruguay (and Henry) off to a good start.

Group B:
Morocco Morocco (Pete) 0-1 (Thanasis) Iran  Iran

Thanasis:

Win any group fixture with a 90+ minute goal: +1 point.

=+5 points.

Well who would have thought it? Two injury time winners in one day! This one much later than the first and it never looked likely. I thought Morocco started well, but faded. Iran got better as it went on and grabbed a winner at the death. Fair play. It was only their second ever World Cup win and first in 20 years!

Portugal Portugal (Mas) 3-3 (Mets) Spain Spain

Mas & Mets:

Draw any group fixture: =+1 point.

It seems a shame that both players only score 1 point. What a game. It had everything. Lol at Pepe, when will these morons ever learn? He has always been a dirty cheat though, so it wasn't a shock. Still, a great game and hopefully it sets the trend for the competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Saturday's Fixtures:

Group C:
France France (Thanasis) Vs (Neil) Australia Australia
Peru Peru (Mas) Vs (Emer) Denmark Denmark

Group D:
Argentina Argentina (Dana) Vs (Mas) Iceland Iceland
Croatia Croatia (Thanasis) Vs (Mets) Nigeria Nigeria

Big day for Thanasis and Mas, both having two of their teams in action. Everyone is expecting France to do well, but they've yet to convince me. Pulling for Australia lol. My friend is Peruvian, so he's really excited for tomorrow, but I've a feeling Mr Eriksen and co may spoil his day Laughing

Will Messi step up to the plate and do what Ronaldo did tonight? We'll see, though Iceland are no mugs and Argentina struggled to score goals in qualifying despite all their talent. Might be closer than people think. Pulling for a Croatia win against Nigeria. Will be a busy day! Things are heating up Laughing

Question: Should there be an additional +1 point scored if a League B team beats a League A team or is it fine the way it is?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:37 am

EnnJaySee wrote:

Question: Should there be an additional +1 point scored if a League B team beats a League A team or is it fine the way it is?

i'm fine either way. sometimes a team does surprises when it comes to the actual world cup matches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:49 am

Result:

Group C:
France France (Thanasis) 2-1 (Neil) Australia Australia

Thanasis:

Win any group fixture: =+3 points.

Argh, gutted! Australia fought so hard, but were beaten by a controversial penalty and a bizarre own goal that only just crossed the line. France will be relieved and can only get better. Australia should take heart from this performance and on paper, the hardest team is out of the way.

And yeah, I'll add that to the scoring. I think any League B team beating a League A team deserves a bonus point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:59 am

As someone who doesn't really watch football games outside the world cup or follow other championships...where did Iceland come from?? I feel bad for predicting an Argentinian blowout, Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:54 am

Did you not see Euro 2016? Lol they are a small country by population but have punched above their weight the last few years. They beat England at the Euros, also drew with Portugal. Not to be underestimated. They're one of those teams who have few names we've heard of but mesh really well as a team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:57 am

Result:

Group D:
Argentina Argentina (Dana) 1-1 (Mas) Iceland Iceland

Dana & Mas:

Draw any group fixture: =+1 point.

Thought that was a well deserved point for underdogs Iceland, and after going behind as well. It was a similar game to the France V Australia game earlier, only this time Iceland held on for a deserved point. Messi missing the penalty lol I bet Ronaldo cheered that that Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Result:

Group C:
Peru Peru (Mas) 0-1 (Emer) Denmark Denmark

Emer:

+4 points.

A somewhat fortunate victory for Denmark over a spirited Peru side who just couldn't score. How unlucky was that backheel attempt? Peru will feel hard done by but they had more than enough chances to win the game, never mind lose, including a penalty. Emer picks up her first points of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:01 pm

^ GET IN! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Someone is pleased Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:13 pm

lol no wins yet for me. 2 draw and 1 loss. can south korea give me a win? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Result:

Group D:
Croatia Croatia (Thanasis) 2-0 (Mets) Nigeria Nigeria

Thanasis:

Win any group fixture by TWO clear goals or more: +1 point.

+5 points.

Well that was an extremely comfortable win for Croatia against a woeful Nigerian side. They just didn't appear to give a shit Laughing very strange. This result sees Thanasis jump to the top of the League A table for now.

Sunday's Fixtures:

Group E:
Costa Rica Costa Rica (Mets) Vs (Pete) Serbia Serbia
Brazil Brazil (Henry) Vs (Dana) Switzerland Switzerland

Group F:
Germany Germany (Pete) Vs (Neil) Mexico Mexico

I have a busy day tomorrow so I will likely update all the results and tables in the evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Results:

Group E:
Costa Rica Costa Rica (Mets) 0-1 (Pete) Serbia Serbia

Pete:

+4 points.

A fairly low-key game won by a spectacular free kick. Serbia were better throughout I thought and get off to a good start. This win means a lot as three teams battle for one qualifying spot, assuming Brazil take top spot as they're expected to do.

Group F:
Germany Germany (Pete) 0-1 (Neil) Mexico Mexico

Neil:

+4 points.

Can't win them all, Pete lol. What a fantastic game. It was so open and I was on edge throughout. The Mexicans were brilliant. They had a game plan and executed it perfectly. Now if they can get four points out of South Korea and Sweden, they'll top the group most likely. My first win of the game lol and what a win.

There have been a lot of 1-0 wins so far lol WE WANT MORE GOALS!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:00 pm

I couldn't believe what I was watching lol. Can you ever recall a team leaving 3 players up front when defending a corner against the germans ?? Absolutely brilliant !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 pm

No never, it was thrilling Laughing and the German wing backs were so sloppy in not getting back during counter attacks. Mexico wasted at least 2 or 3 good chances to add more goals. It was such an open game, I can't really believe there was only one goal in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Result:

Group E:
Brazil Brazil (Henry) 1-1 (Dana) Switzerland Switzerland

Henry & Dana:

Draw any group fixture: +1 point.

A good result for Switzerland after a promising start from Brazil. They're opening goal was a scorcher, but they didn't build on it. I still have a thorn in my side regarding Switzerland lol ugh, but have never been a Brazil fan so to see them struggle was pleasing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Monday's Fixtures:

Group F:
Sweden Sweden (Henry) Vs (Mas) South Korea  South Korea

Group G:
Belgium Belgium (Neil) Vs (Thanasis) Panama  Panama
Tunisia Tunisia (Emer) Vs (Mets) England  England

I will laugh my ass off if England don't win Laughing the reception would be brutal lol Belgium should get off to a comfortable win. Hopefully bag plenty of goals in the process. Hope to see Sweden start well too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:18 am

You should check the points you gave out for the Egypt-Uruguay game. Uruguay scored in the 89th minute, so Henry shouldn't get a point for the 90+ min winner. Sorry Henry !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:14 am

Lol I checked that, but 89 is 90, if 00-59 seconds is the first minute. I was afraid of that happening. I didn't see the game to see exactly when it was scored. If it wasn't in injury time, i.e 90+. BBC highlights said 90 though. I can take the point off if there are no objections and in future games we'll just say it has to read 90+ on the clock.

Probably should have worded it differently (any team wins a game with an injury time goal).

EDIT: I managed to find BBC footage of the live game and the goal was scored on 88:59, so yeah, no bonus point should have been given (sorry Henry). From now on, to make it clear and obvious (unlike VAR Laughing) we'll just say ADDED TIME winner (once the match clock hits 90 minutes+).

CORRECTION:

Group A:
Egypt Egypt (Neil) 0-1 (Henry) Uruguay Uruguay

Henry:

+4 points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 am

EnnJaySee wrote:
Monday's Fixtures:

Group F:
Sweden Sweden (Henry) Vs (Mas) South Korea  South Korea

Group G:
Belgium Belgium (Neil) Vs (Thanasis) Panama  Panama
Tunisia Tunisia (Emer) Vs (Mets) England  England

I will laugh my ass off if England don't win Laughing the reception would be brutal lol Belgium should get off to a comfortable win. Hopefully bag plenty of goals in the process. Hope to see Sweden start well too.

Haha, yeah I'm excited for the Tunisia Vs England match but feel like a bit of a Judas here as I'm hoping for at least a draw lol,  so best of luck Tommy Metrusius! A win for England might be even better so I'll take one for the team. Wink  I hope England don't do *that* bad. I read a statistic last week that domestic violence goes up in England by 30% when England lose a match. That's messed up, but not unsurprising. strange
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 am

As soon as the borefest Sweden game finished (I have a deep hatred for the Swedish team, as they are as boring as watching bat-shit dry), I popped into the local supermarket to purchase a few beers for tonights game and who should I run into ??? Peter Beardsley !! I suggested to him that tonight could be 3-0 England (I'm more confident than when I did my predictions) and he replied that he liked my optimism lol, which would suggest that he is not lmao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:58 am

Lol aul Beardo, classic. I think England fans should hit the reset button every tournament. Be optimistic until they give you a reason to not be, i.e drawing 0-0 with Tunisia or something Laughing but until that happens, be optimistic. Fans and the media are so negative though, even Southgate is saying this group is harder than it looks. I'm sorry but if you struggle in a group containing Tunisia and Panama, just go home lol. There's no reason England shouldn't get at least 6 points and qualify in second place at worst.

Hate football thugs. There's no need for violence, IT'S ONLY FOOTBALL and if anyone says otherwise, they're wrong. I absolutely love seeing fans of two teams mixing and having a good time. It's more common in International football, I mean you'd never see fans in the Premier League mixing, no matter what clubs lol.

Result:

Group F:
Sweden Sweden (Henry) 1-0 (Mas) South Korea  South Korea

Henry:

+ 4 points.

Yet another 1-0 win and yet another penalty decided by VAR. It's proving useful. Glad Sweden got the winner but wasn't overly impressed by them. I hope they can play better against Germany next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 am

Result:

Group G:
Belgium Belgium (Neil) 3-0 (Thanasis) Panama  Panama

Neil:

Win any group fixture by TWO clear goals or more: +1 point.

+5 points.

A solid, if unspectacular performance from Belgium. Took them long enough to get going lol but never looked back after the first goal. Good to see a few goals go in as well after all these 1-0 games. They jump to the top of League A in the process.[/b]

Next up...ENGERLAAAAANDDDD England
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:12 pm

The Tunisian players spent more time on the floor than anything lol...And what the hell was that penalty about?!
2-1 is a great score, even tho I lost this one Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:28 pm

They are meant to be the top rated African side......I was not impressed with them at all. England had a load of chances, it should have been 4 or 5. They won't get that many chances against the good sides so they have to start being more clinical. Looking forward to Colombia tomorrow Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   

Back to top Go down

Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next