Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:03 pm

World Cup Final:

France France (Thanasis) 4-2 (Thanasis) Croatia Croatia

!!!THANASIS IS THE WINNER!!! lol well the final delivered at least. Not the result I wanted but it was an exciting game. Very open, plenty of goals, some stupid refereeing as per usual but ultimately the right team won. They were just that little bit better. What a tournament. ONE goalless game in 64 matches. It had everything. The best World Cup in my lifetime and it will be hard to beat. Oh God it's over!!

sad  sad  sad

I hope everyone enjoyed this game. The format was new and I think it worked out well. Both leagues were hard fought and we had three different winners overall, which is the ideal outcome.

France France France France France France WINNER: FRANCE (THANASIS) France France France France France France
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Congrats Thanasis!! cooldance2

See you guys in 2026 for the next World Cup!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Has 2022 been cancelled? Laughing but it sucks that will be in Nov-Dec of that year. I hate that Qatar has it. They're shit, they don't deserve it. The host nation has to be a good footballing nation who are at least half decent and can rise to the occasion. They are assured to crash out at the group stage. It's ridiculous and to stage it in winter in the northern hemisphere as well. I don't want to be sitting here in winter watching it, it's about the summer and enjoying it along with some good weather lol ugh.

2026 will be amazing though (I can't believe I will be 41 then, sick!) 48 teams, 16 groups of 3, an extra knockout round of 32. Pure epic and hosted by USA, Canada and Mexico, plus Oceania will be guaranteed a spot so New Zealand will be there lol Australia, South Africa possibly since Africa will be allocated more spots. I love all these countries and will be glad to see them all at the World Cup and who knows, maybe Northern Ireland! Europe will get 3 extra qualifying spots. I wish it wasn't 8 years away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:29 pm

EnnJaySee wrote:
Has 2022 been cancelled? Laughing but it sucks that will be in Nov-Dec of that year. I hate that Qatar has it. They're shit, they don't deserve it. The host nation has to be a good footballing nation who are at least half decent and can rise to the occasion. They are assured to crash out at the group stage. It's ridiculous and to stage it in winter in the northern hemisphere as well. I don't want to be sitting here in winter watching it, it's about the summer and enjoying it along with some good weather lol ugh.

2026 will be amazing though (I can't believe I will be 41 then, sick!) 48 teams, 16 groups of 3, an extra knockout round of 32. Pure epic and hosted by USA, Canada and Mexico, plus Oceania will be guaranteed a spot so New Zealand will be there lol Australia, South Africa possibly since Africa will be allocated more spots. I love all these countries and will be glad to see them all at the World Cup and who knows, maybe Northern Ireland! Europe will get 3 extra qualifying spots. I wish it wasn't 8 years away.

Not only does Qatar suck but its building their stadiums using slave labor and they only got the cup via mob like means under the Blatter administration.

USA soccer should take a very hard look at themselves and actually TRY to build a team starting now for the North American Cup. I recently watched a 60 minutes about Christian Pulisic where former coach Bruce Arena claimed we need to make a team around him(Arena then claimed he played like a "European" umm its time America developed their own soccer style eh failed coach Arena?). This is such stupid thinking it made me sick. What America needs to do starting now is collect a team featuring athletes from American Football, basketball and track and field who are not good enough to become pros in those sports. Get Mark Cuban(a guy with money to burn and sports enthusiast) to pay these athletes a respectable salary for the next 8 years and give USA soccer to someone like Chris Peterson(the best college football coach around, you may be wondering why an American football could would be best? Well American football has more strategy than any other sport on the planet so I'd want one of them) and let them learn soccer for the next 8 years. America has the best athletes in the World and could easily dominate a cup if they actually put their athletes to use. However this will never happen because America does not care about soccer. Our country has better cast off athletes than any country in the world. We could easily dominate France and show the world Kylian Mbappe and Paul Pogba are nothing. The USA soccer federation is such a joke and we waste tons of talent every year who could be learning the game and eventually produce a world cup champion. I would recruit former running backs, sprinters and defensive backs to round out my midfield. Recruit former Wide Receivers(6'5 and taller) to be my strikers, get some tall defenders and get a 6'7 and above former basketball player to be my goalie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:39 am

Fiend1933 wrote:
you may be wondering why an American football coach would be best? Well American football has more strategy than any other sport on the planet so I'd want one of them) and let them learn soccer for the next 8 years.

That reminds me of this Laughing Laughing Laughing by all means I welcome American football coaches to try, if they're anything like this guy Laughing

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?   

Back to top Go down

Which 2018 FIFA World Cup Team Are You?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7