Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fiend1933

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2017-05-29
Age : 34

PostSubject: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Sun May 06, 2018 12:32 am

Okay so this is a 10 episode 30 minute long series currently on youtube red(some paid version of youtube). It takes place in present day between the two main characters from the Karate Kid movies. Daniel san and Johnny Lawrence in present day.

They were able to get tons of the main cast back(Obviously Mr. Miyagi isn't here since his actor is currently dead).

I laughed so hard and cried at other parts, its legit a throwback to 80s nostalgia and even if you hate the 80s or were not alive back then it presents plenty of sociological contemplations to think about, one being 80s mentality vs current mentality.

You can view the first two episodes for free on youtube...but if you aren't the paying type...

http://www.seehd.pl/cobra-kai-season-1-watch-online/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

avatar

Posts : 2101
Join date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Sun May 06, 2018 8:15 am

Yeah I found it on one of those sites I watch other shows. Will check it out tonight, been meaning to the last few nights. I loved the trailer and how it doesn't take itself too seriously, lots of cheesy jokes and that's what I want to see. I loved the part when the kid asks Johnny if he wants to wash the windows in any particular way, a clear nod to wax on wax off and Johnny just says "nah I don't give a sh...." and it cuts off Laughing look forward to seeing the first couple of episodes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2017-05-29
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Mon May 07, 2018 12:23 am

EnnJaySee wrote:
Yeah I found it on one of those sites I watch other shows. Will check it out tonight, been meaning to the last few nights. I loved the trailer and how it doesn't take itself too seriously, lots of cheesy jokes and that's what I want to see. I loved the part when the kid asks Johnny if he wants to wash the windows in any particular way, a clear nod to wax on wax off and Johnny just says "nah I don't give a sh...." and it cuts off Laughing look forward to seeing the first couple of episodes.

Yep and get ready when Daniel starts training a pupil.

Its an amazing show...I didn't expect much being on youtube but I loved it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2017-05-29
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Mon May 07, 2018 12:40 am

One of my favorite parts of this series

Johnny: Are you one of those challenged kids?

Kid: The doctor says I might be on the spectrum

Johnny: I don't know what that is, but get off it pronto...alright? If you don't want me to call you lip then don't have a weird lip...can't you have surgery?

Kid: I was born with a cleff lip

Johnny: You mean it was worse before that? Because if this is the after photo that sucks man you should sue!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

avatar

Posts : 2101
Join date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Wed May 09, 2018 6:23 pm

I'm currently on episode 4, it's been great so far, loads of funny moments and great nostalgia. I just got to the part when Daniel sees the billboard with the dick spray painted on it.

Wife: Just try to be positive about it

Daniel: Positive? What's positive? I have a DICK in my mouth

Wife: Yeah and you'll BLOW the competition away

Laughing I burst out laughing and played it several times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2017-05-29
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Fri May 11, 2018 12:52 am

Its a great series! I just saw it was greenlit for season 2 which is amazing as they left it off to be continued
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

avatar

Posts : 2101
Join date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Sat May 12, 2018 2:23 pm

I'm up to episode 7 so 3 to go and I heard there will be a season 2. It's been great, I love the use of songs that appeared in the movies, like when Miguel and Sam are on their date, the same song was used as was for Daniel and Ali. Also the same music was used for the training montage with Daniel teaching Robby. I loved the scene when Daniel visits Miyagi's grave and even though Johnny's methods are wrong, you still can't dislike him. I get the sense he is softening and becoming more human and is even starting to care about Miguel hence the hug after his date and the tournament meeting went well for both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2017-05-29
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Mon May 14, 2018 12:58 am

EnnJaySee wrote:
I'm up to episode 7 so 3 to go and I heard there will be a season 2. It's been great, I love the use of songs that appeared in the movies, like when Miguel and Sam are on their date, the same song was used as was for Daniel and Ali. Also the same music was used for the training montage with Daniel teaching Robby. I loved the scene when Daniel visits Miyagi's grave and even though Johnny's methods are wrong, you still can't dislike him. I get the sense he is softening and becoming more human and is even starting to care about Miguel hence the hug after his date and the tournament meeting went well for both.

Your theories are correct, however they will be incorrect come the finale.

You will love the final episode, that I can assure you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

avatar

Posts : 2101
Join date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Tue May 15, 2018 11:29 am

Lol what an epic ending, knew it was Kreese as soon as I saw the silhouette. Johnny looked numb Laughing but I'm glad he realised by the end of the tournament that his methods are wrong. It took his student to fight his own son to realise that? Miguel has gone to the dark side. Laughed so hard at "hawk" Laughing

I wonder when season 2 will be out. I'll probably watch it at a slower pace rather than binge multiple episodes at once. It was really well done, loved all the easter eggs throughout and how there is no clear good guy or villain. Both Daniel and Johnny have their flaws but also their good points. I especially loved the part when they bonded temporarily and shared memories. Daniel learned that Johnny's life back in the day wasn't as good as he thought with his abusive step dad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2017-05-29
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Wed May 16, 2018 12:37 am

Thats absolutely why I loved the series, there were no good guys or bad guys. Season 2 should be epic but I wouldn't expect that for a year...of course the heavy foreshadowing the entire season for Daniel's daughter will play a huge part.

I will always cheer for Cobrai Kai and Johnny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

avatar

Posts : 2101
Join date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 am

Prediction: Johnny starts out under Kreese's thumb, but eventually goes against him and sides with Daniel, who's daughter will also fight for him along with Robby. Mike Barnes returns and maybe Terry silver who will all corrupt Miguel's mind even more and he'll turn on Johnny, a bit like Tommy Gunn in Rocky 5 Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

avatar

Posts : 2101
Join date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Sun May 20, 2018 10:58 am

Laughing just brilliant

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2017-05-29
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   Thu May 24, 2018 12:30 am

EnnJaySee wrote:
Prediction: Johnny starts out under Kreese's thumb, but eventually goes against him and sides with Daniel, who's daughter will also fight for him along with Robby. Mike Barnes returns and maybe Terry silver who will all corrupt Miguel's mind even more and he'll turn on Johnny, a bit like Tommy Gunn in Rocky 5 Laughing

If they pull a Rocky 5, I will applaud you...but I don't see it happening!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai   

Back to top Go down
 
Your Next Favorite: Cobra Kai
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Your favorite Tsundere? -o-
» FAVORITE CEREALS? (you can have more than one)
» Favorite Mai Hime Villain?
» What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?
» Favorite Arc of the manga?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum for the IMDb Games community :: Other :: TV Talk-
Jump to: