Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Demonic Toys (1992)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Demonic Toys (1992)   Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:35 pm

I watched this after a date last night and it reminded me so much of Puppet Master and also very similar plot to Child’s Play. It was v. cheesy but still kind of fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Toys (1992)   Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:28 pm

I really like Demonic Toys! I actually sorta hate Puppet Master (love the setting though!), but Full Moon features <33. So many awful classics like The Gingerdead Man, Shadowzone, Voodoo Academy (sex), The Killer Eye, and Doll Graveyard. Castle Freak is legitimately fantastic though. Shadow Films, a company that was basically Full Moon under a different name, only produced a few films (Bleed, Birth Rite, Delta Delta Die, and Cut Throat), but they're all guilty pleasures of mine too. Dan, have you seen Birth Rite? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337877/ Watch it if you haven't. I want to know what you think of it Laughing. I have most of director Devin Hamilton's movies. I don't even know why lol. I know you saw Delta Delta Die!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Toys (1992)   Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:25 pm

I didn't care much for Puppet Master, either. The first movie left me a bit cold. I liked the second and the third ones. The fourth and fifth were excruciating to get through. I didn't hate Curse of Puppet Master (#6), though I don't go around talking it up either. Retro Puppet Master and Puppet Master: The Legacy were definitely the all-time low points for the franchise. The last one on the cheapie set I watched *looked* pretty nice and was a step up from the two garbage sequels before it, but it still wasn't very entertaining but rather just something to put on to numb your mind to. I still haven't seen the latest chapter (wasn't included on the set), but I don't care enough to dig it up somewhere. Overall, I just didn't enjoy this franchise as much as I would've liked to. I wasn't really a big fan of the Subspecies franchise, either.

My indifference to them is why I haven't watched any of those other Full Moon "toy" franchises and those crossover movies, despite finding a triple-set of Demonic Toys/Dollman/Dollman vs. Demonic Toys for a dollar at a discount store a few years ago. Maybe the Harem endorsement will be enough to get me to finally watch at least Demonic Toys.  Razz  

Guy Rolfe's pre-Puppet Master movie Dolls from 1987 was pretty neat, though. It's Oscar material, when compared to Puppet Master at least.

Don't get me wrong, though... I don't hate all Full Moon movies. I picked up a blu-ray copy of Lurking Fear, which I actually really liked when I saw it a few years back. Netherworld and Meridian were both pretty good as well. I want to see Creepozoids and Hideous! I'll add your recommendation to that list as well, Bobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Toys (1992)   Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Awe cute you went on a date. Smile

I never saw Demonic Toys. Sad I always felt sketch about renting it. I would pick up the box and everything like I was going to but would always talk myself out of it. Secretly because of the Full Moon logo and their movies being mostly shitty. Laughing Shadowzone was a goddess though. Will I like it, Dan?

I only liked the second and third Puppet Master's too. The first one was definitely very vapid and empty. What a backwards franchise. 4 has Miles from Jason Takes Manhattan but it was pretty boring. I remember liking 5 more than 4 but I don't remember 5 at all these days.

Dolls though <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I love it more every time I see it. It's pretty mean-spirited for a doll movie. That creepy ass bear at the beginning too. And I can't get enough of the step-mom, Rosemary.

Little girl: You're NOT my mother
Rosemary: Thank GOD!

And the Madonna look-alike. Bunty Bailey <3

Ugh, Ralph though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Toys (1992)   Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:32 pm

Everything in here connects back to Jason Takes Manhattan (what an iconic movie) because my VHS had a trailer for Shadowzone. Tyler, did yours? Or did you have a different version?

I only like Puppet Master 2 and 3, too. 3 especially. By far David Decoteau's best film, even if it isn't his most entertaining (that would go to something like Leeches or Ring of Darkness with Ryan Starr <3). David Decoteau's million drag/cabaret names Laughing. What's up with that? Is he embarrassed by his 142 movies? So much made and still nothing worth watching Laughing <3. Victoria Sloane and Ellen Cabot <3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Toys (1992)   Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:59 am

soco-81 wrote:
Will I like it, Dan?

Which movie are you talking about, Tyler? cereal

Full Moon is an interesting company; most times, I have to be in a certain mood to enjoy their brand of films, with a few exceptions. Tourist Trap and Intruder both sport the Full Moon logo, at least the DVD versions did. However, I don't think Full Moon produced either of these movies but rather just distributed them? I think?? I'm not entirely sure how that all works, but I do know that both are pretty good flicks in their respective subgenres. They're much better than what the stigma of having a "Full Moon" logo on the DVD case would suggest regarding the quality of the films.

I did a little bit of loose research and the guy who founded Full Moon in the late 80s actually had a different company that produced Dolls. I see that Re-Animator and Ghost Town are on that list as well, so the pre-Full Moon stuff did have a degree of quality to them and aspired to be something bigger than "goofy horror" which seems to be a lot of their post-1990 stuff. However, stuff like Breeders and Crawlspace also linger on the list and I wasn't big on either of those so it's hard to say because the bag is so mixed with gems and rocks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Toys (1992)   

Back to top Go down

Demonic Toys (1992)
Page 1 of 1