Forum for the IMDb Games community

Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:25 pm

I don’t think it is. Yours if you want it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Upon further inspection, it’s taken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:59 pm

Haha should have thought to ban that to make people work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:49 pm

I would like to change my song please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:53 pm

That’s fine as long as it’s before I send them out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:03 am

Waiting on Turner and Shred
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:00 am

Can I take Neil’s spot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:50 am

Sure just send Natalia a song by the deadline
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Actually, you're on my foe's list too. I've never cared for you, Jonathan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Nat hates everyone <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Is it cuz Janella hated me too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:54 pm

That's part of it, yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:59 pm

Well I like you Smile especially now that you blocked Neil lmfao gj
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Songs have been sent!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Results time! I’ll start off by posting what would have been my personal choice for this theme, and I was disappointed no one sent it (not that I actually expected anyone to lolz)

Cursive - Excerpts From Various Notes Strewn Around the Bedroom of April Connolly, Feb 24, 1997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH4j2zELA-M

1. Neutral Milk Hotel - April 8th
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amhINnExdJE&feature=youtu.be
Haha, whoever sent this must have been so excited when they googled April songs and say Neutral Milk Hotel on the list. Admittedly I listen to Aeroplane a lot more than I listen to On Avery Island, but this song is really good. The opening chords of this song remind me King of Carrot Flowers parts 2 and 3. The lyrics are simple, but the song has a heavy, haunting sound. Guys, I really can’t explain the like, trance I go into when I listen to Jeff Mangum. It is a spiritual connection, like I can’t just listen once, unless I am listening to a full album. I listen to the song like 8 times a row, in hipster zombie mode. I FEEL THE MUSIC, OKAY?

2. Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - April in Paris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCsNg6XB3dg
Ella has such an intoxicatingly beautiful voice, and the piano complements it nicely. Plus the trumpet is cool. Really old songs like this always sound so like, timeless and classic, like it really just fascinates me that in the 50s people got dressed up and went out and slow danced while they listened to stuff like this, like wtf that is so classy. Now people just go out and listen to EDM and do drugs in the bathroom. Maybe people in 60 years people will fantasize about that, haha.

3. Simon & Garfunkel - April Come She Will
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYD-DIggB2k&feature=youtu.be
Haha I will admit this is the second song that popped into my head. I obviously like this song because it plays during Andy and April’s wedding <3 but also, I mean, in general I like Simon and Garfunkel, their songs usually sound either really pleasant, or else soothingly melancholy. Also, you were the first song on the list, so you’re currently in first place by default haha, let’s see where you send up.

4. Yellowcard - April 20th
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RcsQzTBHlo&feature=youtu.be
First thought when I saw this on the list was “who sent Yellowcard? Eric didn’t sign up for this game.” haha. I also thought this was gonna be an amg 420 song, but it’s clearly inspired by Columbine, which is actually pretty cool. The only album I really know by them is Ocean Avenue (and omg, I was OBSESSED with that album in 2003) and this has a very different sound. So I googled and this was from one of their earliest albums, before they broke out and got more well known, and also had a different lead singer. Also, while on their Wikipedia page I saw apparently they re-released Ocean Avenue as an acoustic album, so...I know what I am doing later. Anyway, back to this song, the beginning with the newscaster voice is kind of cool, and I actually like the song, it has a very chaotic sound and it’s making me really nostalgic, I used to listen to this kind of music all the time.

5. Black Lab - Gates of the Country
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbH0cmCqQXw
Never heard of this band before. My family used to have a black lab dog though! Also, I like how you’re pretty much the only one who realized that the song just had to have the word April, it didn’t have to be in the title too. I was kind of unsure about this song when it started, but I’m kinda liking it more and more as it goes on, it’s actually pretty good. Plus, this kind of reminds me of the Goo Goo Dolls, and I mean I do love my 90’s alternative. 

6. Patti Smith - April Fool 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-cVnJmEmGE
Okay, please don’t laugh at me, but I totally mixed Patti Smith and Patti LaBelle up in my head, so the song started and I was like wait, what, who is this? Haha then I looked Patti Smith up and I was like oh, okay yeah, I know who that is. I am not familiar with this song though, the only song I can think of by her off the top of my head is Because The Night. May have to take an intermission to listen to that next, haha. Anyway, this has a nice sound, I like the slight raspiness to her voice and it’s overall pretty pleasant to listen to. 

7. Frank Sinatra - I'll Remember April
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pepYluyez4k&feature=youtu.be
Another old song for me to imagine I’m in a 1950s night club! This one has such a dreamy sound. It’s funny, obviously I’ve pretty much always known who Frank Sinatra is, but I feel like I have listened to so many more songs by him through idol games than I would have known otherwise. 

8. Adrian Younge - Something About April
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snq-_eDWDsw&
Ugh. The opening was amazing, and I was like wow, I am really feeling this. But then that chick with the opera sounding voice started singing, and I was like t.ears. But a guy is singing now and it sounds good again. Also, lolz forever at this random comment someone left on the video “This sounds like a hip hop spaghetti western” lmao wtf does that mean. Ugh, opera bitch is back. Overall the good outweighs the bad, and it was nice to hear something new.

9. Rufus Wainwright - April Fools
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIF6f3tFxBw
I always recognize this guy’s name when I see it, but I’ve only heard a handful of songs by him and this isn’t one of them. This is pretty upbeat and bouncy, has a very late 90’s/early 00’s sound. I don’t know, it’s not bad, but not great either. Maybe a little cheesy, haha.

10. Bambi - Little April Shower 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-FUcrQhTBY&app=desktop
Lolzzz so I totally thought like, this was going to be a song by a singer I’d never heard of called Bambi, not a scene from the movie. I feel like I have only seen bits and pieces of this movie and avoided watching it in full, on account of it being super depressing. I recognize this song though, either it stuck in my head when I saw parts of the movie, or else I heard it on some Disney compilation thing. Anyway, all of the other songs I just listened to and typed instead of watching the video, but I totally watched this whole one. Unfortunately it was more for the cartoon animals haha. It’s cute, but most of the songs this round were pretty good.

11. Dead by April - Sorry for Everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5L9ynN_DYM
Awk, I never know what to do in this situation, when I specifically ask for a song with a word in the title or lyrics and someone instead sends a song that has the word in the band name, but the word is nowhere in the song. Like...was it an honest mistake, did you think April in the band name was close enough and should count? Or did you drunkenly pick a link without even listening to the song and literally didn’t even notice April was on the wrong side of the dash. Luckily I don’t have to decide whether or not to punish you, because you pretty much punished yourself with this emo metal crap and I’m pretty sure you’d still be last even without me debating whether or not to penalize. Thanks for playing though, read the rules and also, pick better songs next time <3

Nat will be on to post who sent what and the eliminated person later this evening when he gets a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Lol I sent NHM. Aeroplane <3 you’re right though. I came in my pants when I saw they had a song with April in it and I listened to it to make sure I wasn’t being rick rolled and I was pleasantly surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:14 pm

I like that Cursive song. Nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:21 pm

I picked the Dead by April song. It did not make me cum in my pants, sadly, but I sent it anyway. T.ears. Good luck, everyone!

And yeah, I feel like an idiot for not thinking of that Cursive song. I actually really like Cursive, ffs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:25 pm

I love The Ugly Organ. I also enjoy Happy Hollow and Mama I’m Swollen. I haven’t listened to the other albums though Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:29 pm

Not sure if you're joking or not... But if you're not, check out Domestica - love that album. The Ugly Organ is also great. Fuck, I'm gonna listen to Cursive now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Murr, you better be trolling me now, haha. I can't imagine you listening to that, nor thinking I would enjoy it blah

Johnny <3 if you're really the one who sent that, I'm surprised it was still available and someone else didn't see it and think to send it. It's not like I keep my love for that band a secret, haha. Also, The Ugly Organ is really good. Have you ever listened to Tim Kasher's other band, The Good Life? They have an album I really like called Album of The Year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:39 pm

TomcatMurr wrote:
Not sure if you're joking or not...  But if you're not, check out Domestica - love that album.  The Ugly Organ is also great.  Fuck, I'm gonna listen to Cursive now.  

So rude that you assume I don’t listen to good music. Do you think I just listen to “It’s Raining Men” and the village people “ymca” song?

Cherry wrote:
Murr, you better be trolling me now, haha. I can't imagine you listening to that, nor thinking I would enjoy it blah

Johnny <3 if you're really the one who sent that, I'm surprised it was still available and someone else didn't see it and think to send it. It's not like I keep my love for that band a secret, haha. Also, The Ugly Organ is really good. Have you ever listened to Tim Kasher's other band, The Good Life? They have an album I really like called Album of The Year.

I haven’t listened to it but I’ll give it a go. If it sucks im throwing my iPhone at you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:44 pm

JohnLovesHenryForever wrote:
Do you think I just listen to “It’s Raining Men” and the village people “ymca” song?

Obviously. Both of those. On repeat... 24/7, even while you're sleeping.

But lolz, no. I haven't known anyone to care about Cursive in years. I figured Cherry was just some anomaly, as she's obviously stuck in the past and within 5 years will be shaking her fists at the kids for their "music". <3 So I was just surprised. Also, you tend to troll (sidenote: I never troll, so yes, Cherry, I did send that song). BUT LISTEN TO DOMESTICA! "Lament of Pretty Baby" is a fucking jam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:53 pm

You literally troll me all of the time, Murrvin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:20 pm

Shake your fists in fury, Cherry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2   

Back to top Go down

Cherry's Musical CHERRS season 2
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next