Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:07 am

Neil has immunity

Switza stands and plays his idol

Tara stands and plays her idol

Murr,

You are the only option left and you have been eliminated

Thanks for playing.

We are down to the final 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:22 am

RIGGED! I'VE BEEN IN THIS GAME SINCE THE BEGINNING AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET? AND HOW MANY IDOLS ARE THERE FFS? HOLY FUCK! RIGGED!!!!!!!!1

<3 Thanks for letting me join mid-game, Will. Good luck, you guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:26 am

Wow, bye Murr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 am

Wait! I'd like to play my super-duper-resurrection immunity!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:08 am

Cirie is in good company Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:25 pm

For the final 3 we are not having an immunity challenge, must see where alliances lie

all three of you will vote, and we will have our finalists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 pm

Don't vote for me, OK? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Final 3 tribal

First vote

Switza

Second vote

Tara

Third vote and final juror

Switza

Thanks for playing man.

Final 2 are neil and tara.

You guys can make opening statements

Jury can vote any time they want and ask questions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Ok guys, I'll try to keep this short and just give a quick round up of my game. It's been so long since I played any kind of strategy game on here, probably between one and two years, so when I saw this, I thought it'd be light hearted and fun and that's exactly what it was. I didn't actually sign up, I was put in the cast because I posted on the thread lol and I'm thankful, because it was a bit of a throwback to the old days of playing Survivor, albeit a chilled out version.

Early on in the game was when I was most vulnerable. I felt more at risk pre merge than I did post. The reason being that I started slow. I had two allies in Adam and Tara, all 3 of us having taken advantages over immunity at the very start. Other than that, I wasn't in contact with anyone. I was on a tribe consisting of at least two people I couldn't work with, who could potentially pull in a third (modica), so the early stages was when I was most at risk of going out. My bonds in this game grew the longer it went on and as we reached merge, I felt I had strong enough connections to get me through to the end, as long as I kept on top of things. Thankfully, it worked out with minimal fuss and I got here with the person I most wanted to make final two with. Even though I know Tara is really popular, she's somebody I would never betray Laughing I do have a conscience lol.

Was I honest in this game? With Tara, 100%, with others, varying amounts lol but I wasn't dishonest beyond what you'd expect. I'll explain the situation which made me branch out my connections in this game. It was the second vote. Lets call her CheChe lol. She was my target to go, obviously, I knew I'd get at least two votes, but felt confident myself, Tara and Adam had enough for 3-3 at worst, whilst trying to convince modica to vote with us. I was surprised when Tara and I compared notes, and she said that Adam told her I wanted modica out. I checked my messages and I clearly told Adam I wanted CheChe out. I wasn't sure at the time if he meant to lie to Tara or if it was a genuine mistake on his part (I'd love to hear from Adam on this), but it made me realise I couldn't put all my faith in him in case he was playing us, so I had to make other connections. That was when I started to speak to the likes of Arik more, Murr when he joined the game and eventually Turner close to merge. With Arik and Turner, I had a sort of "I'll look out for you if you look out for me" deal going but inevitably they had to come to an end as I moved forward with my proper alliance of Tara and Murr, who replaced Adam in my top 3 (as I wasn't able to eliminate him until late on due to idols).

You need to have those sorts of connections in a game like this just to keep people from targeting you. Had I not had those side deals, the likes of Turner and Arik would target me sooner or later, along with Henry, who I knew I couldn't play the game with unfortunately. I trusted Murr second only to Tara, and had a sort of backup final 2 option in the event Tara was taken out, so I had my plan A, my plan B and a couple of side connections to fall back on. This was a little longer than I intended, but happy to answer any questions.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:37 am

Wow That is long, mine is really short.

I came into the game with no surprises. I suck by my final 2 all the way through. Though there was a few bumps along the way but I came past it. I’m not going to win so I don’t know what else to say but Neil played a blinder of a game. I didn’t see it at the time but after Aril left who I wanted to keep told me lol. But I was still loyal to Neil and wasn’t going to break that as I tend to keep my final two with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:01 am

Taralynn:
-Why you giving up?
-Where are your Eurovision rankings gurl?

Both:
What's your favorite cookie (biscuit) flavor?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:56 am

I like most types of biscuit, except anything containing nuts, coconut or raisins (they look like little rabbit droppings!). I'm especially fond of custard creams (do they have them in America?), rich tea, chocolate digestive, KitKat, Twix and regular chocolate chip cookies lol. I sound like such a greedy biscuit gorb! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:12 am

TARA YOU NEVER TALKED TO ME ALL GAME AND I WAS REALLY OFFENDED THIS IS A SERIOUS GAME HOW DARE YOU! AND YOU VOTED AGAINST ME SO CLEARLY YOU'RE THE WORST 5EVER, T.EARS 6EVER!

Lolz... jokes, kids. Alright, 4real though. Questions to both of you:

1. Favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?
2. Compare and contrast the respective perspectives of Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose, with regards to the many-worlds interpretation, in either 1 or 11 sentences (no more, no less, nothing in between)... please?
3. If, in the year 1884, Oscar Wilde and John Douglas (9th Marquess of Queensberry) got in a fight, and Oscar Wilde had a gun and Queensberry was in a coma, who would win the fight?
4. Why are kittens and puppies fluffy?
5. Do you feel that chromaticism becomes more prevalent in music during periods of great social transition/disruption (things like the "blue note" in the blues scale count, for this purpose - i.e. traditions of a more limited yet formalized approach to chromaticism, in addition to the more overt forms like the Second Viennese School or even Syd Barrett)? Why or why not?
6. Is this too many questions? Y/N

Individual questions...

Tara

At what point did you really start playing the game? Was there a specific moment when it went from just "whatever" to you actually making a conscious decision to really play?

Neil

Laughing I appreciate the commitment, but I was barely paying attention to this game (I think I forgot to vote twice). It was cool talking to you, though - and Adam, too. I've worked with him in games before, but never with you (well, once, but you flipped on me fast. T.ears!). Sometime when I'm not entering mid-game, we should give it a go. So, question - hypothetically, had you not found out about Adam being all sneaky, and had I never joined the game (AT THE VERY BEGINNING!!!), what *would* your ideal strategy have been throughout the game? The hypothetical here being you'd have a looming threat (that pesky Adam) unknown, so effectively, were you doing anything to protect yourself against the chance of things going wrong *before* realizing something went wrong?

Both (again, 'cause I'm too lazy to scroll up):

Also, please tell me something about your game you're proud of/impressed with yourself for; and/or something (absolutely anything) you feel you haven't gotten the chance to include in your answers (you can save this one for the end, if you'd prefer).

Cheers to both of you, and good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:03 pm

kyogre123 wrote:
Taralynn:
-Why you giving up?
-Where are your Eurovision rankings gurl?

Both:
What's your favorite cookie (biscuit) flavor?

Maybe not giving up. It is just going to be hard comparing my Game to Neil’s but I will not give up.

Girl I’ll do it soon.

My favourite biscuit is Kitkat, love the crunchy biscuit centre and I love the chocolate covered on top, yummy. I do like a rich tea too dipping in a cup of tea yum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Hey Tom. It was fun playing with you too lol money switza BB. I was just greedy and wanted yo money betch Laughing but anyway, to answer your first question, to begin with I was playing this like many were, just with half an eye on it, being Drunken Survivor. It wasn't Bettis Survivor or one of the official game series back in the day. It was a low key game just for a bit of fun and nostalgia of playing Survivor, and that was how it began. I had Adam and Tara as my main allies and I was also in contact with modica as well as having a side deal with Arik on the other side, but as I've mentioned, it was Adam giving Tara and I conflicting answers that made me step up the game play. I don't think I have it in me to just sit back and get played lol it was the catalyst that kicked me into gear. I can't honestly say what would have happened had he not been caught telling a fib, but I'd still like to hear from Adam about this. Maybe it was just a genuine mistake and he thought I said I wanted modica, when I didn't. Only he knows, mistakes happen all the time when communicating.

Had that not happened, I still would have spoken to you when you joined as you're someone I can speak openly and freely to. Other people on this site are more difficult to talk to, it's awkward but you're easy to talk to so I certainly would have still reached out and as I say, I also had a deal with Arik to look out for each other (which I would liked to have taken further, but more of that in my second answer) and I usually reach out to Turner at some point, just to stop him going after me if nothing else. So with all that being said, maybe things wouldn't have turned out any differently as Adam didn't actually make a move against Tara and I.

To answer you second question, I think almost every vote went as I thought it would, so I think I had a pretty good grasp on what was happening. Gizmo left first, she was inactive. When I wanted CheChe to go, that was the most at risk I felt in the game, but thankfully I had an idol to at least prevent a tie and then who knows what may have followed. I knew she and John had to be taken out to prevent a group forming against my side later on.

When we go to the merge, Henry was the only person who I wasn't in contact with, so he was who I wanted to see go first. He said after he left that he had an idol and was going to play it, I have no idea if this is true or not Laughing but had he played one, that would have put a spanner in the works for a bit lol. Now, the vote after that was the interesting one, because we were down to 6 and I was in contact and on terms with everyone. I basically had to rank the other 5 in terms of how much I trusted them and the ranking went:

1. Tara
2. Murr
3. Arik
4. Adam
5. Turner

Things were muddied though since I knew Adam had an idol and was planning to play it. Having spoken to everyone, I felt confident on Turner getting most votes, so I put both of mine on Arik (sorry) to hopefully ensure he left with Turner, since I couldn't get Adam out and there was no way I was voting either you or Tara out. Arik was in my top 4, and I felt the deal we had was worthy of staying loyal to him at least til top 4, but we all know things don't go completely to plan in these games due to idols and circumstances change. I did my best to make Adam think that he may get votes, just the odd little subtle suggestion that the vote might be crazy and unpredictable, but he was going to play it anyway. I felt pretty confident he'd play it and get 0 votes and that was the plan, to flush it and then get him the next vote. Things worked out and Turner and Arik left.

The next vote was when I hoped to get him out but he had another idol, the sneaky devil Laughing but fair play to him for being more observant than the rest of us and spotting that Will had edited his posts to say something like "if you want an idol, just ask". He also had another advantage, something to do with a rocks twists. That vote was a bit of a headache, trying to ensure he left and it was the only time Tara and I weren't on the same page with what we wanted, but I managed to talk her into agreeing to vote him, as I felt he was the bigger threat to win over yourself, simply by playing the game more. I knew you weren't that invested and were only speaking to Adam and myself. Sadly, you were eliminated but the final vote I felt pretty bad that there was no challenge, no chance for Adam to go into the vote immune and I felt pretty confident Tara and I would stick together til the end.

So I guess to sum up, I had good connections with a number of people, almost every vote I was involved in went the way I wanted it to (Adam being the only real obstacle), I won an immunity which is always fun and I made it to the end with my closest alliance. You can't really ask for much more lol oh crap I do ramble on a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:27 pm

i told henry that you neil had an army which is true i knew if you were talking to everyone why did you need to lie to me  in a little game like this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:43 pm

The army comment has sort of been a running joke ever since it was brought up Laughing but our conversations began at merge and consisted of "How do you feel about voting for....? I'll try to keep you safe" until it was your turn to go, when I said something along the lines of "I'm not sure how this vote will shake up, but I'll do my best for you". I'm not sure if you had any idea you were going but I felt if I was honest, it might bite me in the butt, since I really didn't trust you a whole lot and I know you don't trust me. We always seem to play the same way in these games, we talk a little and act like we're cool, but really we don't trust each other and there's no loyalty, but we still keep up the act.

If I was honest and told you you were going, who knows what might have happened since I know you're emotional, like me. You might have made it public or done something that would have kicked up a fuss, so it felt easier to keep you happy until you were out of the game. I know that's not what you want to hear but it's honest. If it's any consolation, this was the most enjoyable experience I've had with you in a game lol. It was a smooth ride and we did work together for a couple of votes, but ultimately you weren't in my long term plans and I doubt I was in yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:54 pm

TomcatMurr wrote:
TARA YOU NEVER TALKED TO ME ALL GAME AND I WAS REALLY OFFENDED THIS IS A SERIOUS GAME HOW DARE YOU!  AND YOU VOTED AGAINST ME SO CLEARLY YOU'RE THE WORST 5EVER, T.EARS 6EVER!

Lolz... jokes, kids.  Alright, 4real though.  Questions to both of you:

1. Favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?
2. Compare and contrast the respective perspectives of Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose, with regards to the many-worlds interpretation, in either 1 or 11 sentences (no more, no less, nothing in between)... please?
3. If, in the year 1884, Oscar Wilde and John Douglas (9th Marquess of Queensberry) got in a fight, and Oscar Wilde had a gun and Queensberry was in a coma, who would win the fight?
4. Why are kittens and puppies fluffy?
5. Do you feel that chromaticism becomes more prevalent in music during periods of great social transition/disruption (things like the "blue note" in the blues scale count, for this purpose - i.e. traditions of a more limited yet formalized approach to chromaticism, in addition to the more overt forms like the Second Viennese School or even Syd Barrett)?  Why or why not?
6. Is this too many questions?  Y/N

Individual questions...

Tara

At what point did you really start playing the game?  Was there a specific moment when it went from just "whatever" to you actually making a conscious decision to really play?

Neil

Laughing I appreciate the commitment, but I was barely paying attention to this game (I think I forgot to vote twice).  It was cool talking to you, though - and Adam, too.  I've worked with him in games before, but never with you (well, once, but you flipped on me fast. T.ears!).  Sometime when I'm not entering mid-game, we should give it a go.  So, question - hypothetically, had you not found out about Adam being all sneaky, and had I never joined the game (AT THE VERY BEGINNING!!!), what *would* your ideal strategy have been throughout the game?  The hypothetical here being you'd have a looming threat (that pesky Adam) unknown, so effectively, were you doing anything to protect yourself against the chance of things going wrong *before* realizing something went wrong?

Both (again, 'cause I'm too lazy to scroll up):

Also, please tell me something about your game you're proud of/impressed with yourself for; and/or something (absolutely anything) you feel you haven't gotten the chance to include in your answers (you can save this one for the end, if you'd prefer).  

Cheers to both of you, and good luck!

1. Michelangelo, because he is the funniest and I like his weapon.
2. What lol?
3. I don’t get it.
4. Because they are so cute and have soft fur.
5. What?
6. Yes and difficult.

I started playing the game when Arik was in danger and left. I wanted to keep Arik but Neil wanted him out. It was also the first time I knew Neil had an army, I thought it was just us and I knew he was close to Tom(you) as he wouldn’t vote you out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:24 pm

Regarding the Cherry/modica thing, I don't recall this specific event. I searched my PMs and saw it, but don't remember. It definitely wasn't some nefarious act to get either of you out. I was staying loyal to the both of you. If anything it might have been just to make sure you were giving me the same info as her.

But anyhow, jury stuff. Congrats on making it, good games, yadda yadda yadda.

Questions.....
I can't think of anything specific so I'm going to copy-paste the jury question from the last game I played and made jury. They're probably too serious for this game so feel to ignore them if you want:

One of the keys to this game is being able to adapt on the fly. Rarely, if ever, do Day 1 strategies and alliances make it all the way to the end. Sometimes it is the game - tribe swaps, twists, idols - that force you to adapt. Other times, your fellow players - targets winning immunity, allies getting blindsided, players approaching you with strategy - cause you to react and adjust your strategy. Most importantly though, there are times you foresee a potential issue and decide to adapt your game - find new allies, win more immunities, vote out an ally before they turn on you - to better your position.

I'd like each of you to describe the 3-5 most impactful modifications you made to your game to get you to the spot you're now in, and state whether they were influenced by the game, reactions to moves by other players or changes you initiated yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arik

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:52 am

Questions

Tara: I feel you underplayed this game. Is this accurate? And if so why? Lastly is underplaying a game where everyone is just trying to have fun worthy to win?

Neil: I feel you overplayed this game. Is this accurate? And if so why? Lastly is overplaying a game where everyone is having fun and taking it lihht heartedly, worthy to win?

Ps

Tara I will always love you my friend. Wish u were in America I would plan a visit. At this point of the games community do you believe voting for your friend is worthy enough of a vote? Please elaborate your answer.

Neil. You played a good game, no denying that. I had a gut feeling you were voting me out but at this point of the games community I personally believe sticking to your word is more important than winning at all costs. Do you agree or disagree? If you disagree, why do you disagree?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:10 am

Yes I had an idol lol. It wasn't like a regular idol but basically would void all votes, and everyone not immune that round would have to draw rocks. It didn't make me immune, but at least would have given me another chance. But I legit forgot to vote. I was very disappointed cuz that would have been a fun and DRUNK round if I played it. Laughing

Kit Kats <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:31 pm

To Adam

Thanks for clearing that up. It was probably just a slip, but you were in my original top 3. As for modifications I made to my game throughout, I can't really say anything more than I have done already. I just played it round by round and adapted as I saw fit. I had a sort of pecking order in my mind and besides you and your pesky idols lol, it went pretty much according to plan. This wasn't a cut throat game, so the need to play savvy wasn't really there. I did what I do best which is play a social game, surround myself with allies and make it as far as I can through trust. That's what I've always done. It doesn't always work of course, but since everyone was so drunk in this, it worked out this time <3

To Arik

I definitely overplayed, which was never my intention to begin. It was only after merge when I realised I have a good shot to win this, but before that I was just acting up and having fun with it, like the round I played host and posted that the other team had lost and had to vote someone out Laughing made all the funnier that Tara fell for that lol classic. I would never have done that back in the day during a serious game. I don't think my overplaying took away anyone else's fun. We still had to vote people out at the end of the day. Do I think it's worthy of the win? The way I played, yes. If I was going around, lying for the sake of lying and causing drama, then certainly not, but I wasn't doing that. I just tried to maintain as many connections as possible that would ensure I was never a target after the shaky start. Why did I overplay? Competitive nature I guess. I find it difficult to hold back, even in a game like this. At first I tried to just have fun with it but the competitive nature kicked in and I figured this would more than likely be my last Survivor game ever, so why not play to win?

Secondly, I've believed for a long time that sticking to your word is more important than winning at all costs. I've never really been an advocate of taking a goat to the end and betraying a close ally just to win. In a game that you win nothing? Maybe if there was money on the line, but not in this. If you look at my finals record, if given the chance, I stick by my final 2 and honour it to the end. For example, I've been to the final 2/3 with Fiend, Maniac, Travis, Henry, Will, a guy called Mookie lol, Johan and a guy called Evan. Granted, not all were day 1 final 2s, some were later on down the line but if I give that word, then I stick to it. With the exception of Evan (who actually beat me hilariously, irony for you), the rest weren't goats. They were partners throughout the game who stood as good a chance, if not better chance than me to win. I've never once worked with someone all game, made the final stages and then cut them loose to take a goat. There's no honour in that shit Laughing my word was to Tara in this case. It's a game built on deception but I've always had a number one (and two), you've been there lol Zuchini's HvV, you and Jess were my 1 and 2. You involved me in a majority on a team that included a number of foes and gave me the pleasure of seeing a few of them taken out, but it's a game built on deception. You have your true alliance, then it's about keeping others on your side until it's their time to go, to prevent them going after you first. In your case, you were in my top 4, which I felt was fair given our agreement of looking out for each other. I would never cross the line in a game like this and agree to final 2 or my absolute word that I'll never vote you out if I didn't mean it. Circumstances changed with idols and such, so you had to go sooner than planned. It did break my heart a little to tear the centipede apart lol, but I wasn't to know what would happen. We may have made final 4 and you win immunity, then I have that connection to you to target somebody else, rather than being a target myself. That's why we love this game, it has so many layers/ How far do you push the deception? What's acceptable? What isn't? How will a person react to being betrayed? When is it ok to cut an ally? Survivor is the greatest game ever invented, well except for football (soccer), but that's a sport lol. Thanks for your questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:20 pm

I need the jury to vote
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arik

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:00 am

Don't rush me. Im waiting I my answer from Tara
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:08 pm

No problem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced   

Back to top Go down

Drunken Survivor: The Return - Winner Announced
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next