Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New Halloween movie: 40 Years Later

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iraheto

PostSubject: New Halloween movie: 40 Years Later   Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:25 pm

So later this year they’re going to release a brand new Halloween movie starring Jamie Lee Curtis and it will be a sequel to the original 1978 movie and not the terrible Rob Zombie remakes.

I was excited for this last October when I heard the news but apparently they’re going to be ignoring the events of H20 (one of my favorite Halloween movies). They won’t acknowledge Laurie Strode’s son and instead she’s going to have a daughter and and granddaughter.

WHY? Why do the filmmakers think we can just forget a movie like it never happened. I can understand the remakes but this throws 20 years of movie history to the curve. But I’ll still be watching anyway lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_(2018_film)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: New Halloween movie: 40 Years Later   Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:56 pm

I love H20 too (cool to still see fans because I've noticed as years have gone on, it has become a thing to shit on that movie), but Laurie was killed off in Resurrection, and those two movies already ignored that Laurie had a daughter (Jamie).

Javi you should post in horror more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: New Halloween movie: 40 Years Later   Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:04 am

Poor Josh Hartnett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: New Halloween movie: 40 Years Later   Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:57 am

Shred wrote:
I love H20 too (cool to still see fans because I've noticed as years have gone on, it has become a thing to shit on that movie), but Laurie was killed off in Resurrection, and those two movies already ignored that Laurie had a daughter (Jamie).

They could’ve pretended she survived the fall in Resurrection. And I’ve made peace with the fact Jamie was forgotten by Laurie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: New Halloween movie: 40 Years Later   Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Shred wrote:

Javi you should post in horror more!

Hi Bobby!

I think I read somewhere that they intended to include a scene where a student talks about the Haddonfield murders that involve Jamie and Laurie is horrified by it. They really shoulda kept that in. It woulda been nice continuity without them having to focus on those films.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: New Halloween movie: 40 Years Later   Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:34 am

What's up!

I read that too! I guess she was supposed to go to the bathroom and throw up after hearing from a student what happened to her daughter. Laurie was damaged, so it would've added so much more to her character and the finale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Halloween movie: 40 Years Later   

Back to top Go down

New Halloween movie: 40 Years Later
Page 1 of 1