Forum for the IMDb Games community

Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Friday the 13th franchise thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soco-81

PostSubject: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:39 am

Here you go, Dan and Bobby. I don't wanna keep posting in random places. From the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRWQ46JIh7k&t=51s
Chuck & Fox try to steal my car lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY8Mm1X8sGg&t=14s
Gave him a good beat down Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:48 pm

HEyyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:44 am

You put up a good fight, Tyler! I loved how those guys tried to drive away without you after you took all that time to fill up the tank but got stopped by Jason. Serves them right, them bastards.

I swear to god watching these videos is probably a hell of a lot more fun than actually playing the game itself. I could watch these (along with the ones from Alien Isolation) and enjoy them almost as much as the movies themselves. The cool thing about these F13th ones is that you can fight back, given the right weapon anyway.

I hope you post some more soon!

P.s. I Have a question about the gameplay. So, say there's a group of like 10 campers (not sure how many there tends to be in each game), and your character gets slaughtered, is it game over or can you play one of the other characters still living? I imagine that's how it almost has to be in order for the player to get the "full slasher experience"? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:47 am

Thanks! The person hosting the lobby for the match (the hippy in the tye-dye) closed the match right before Jason was going to kill me. Bitch move that people sometimes do when they get killed. That's the game's only draw back for me .

There's 8 people in a match, 1 is Jason, 1 possibly becomes Tommy. They're all actual human beings, there's no offline bots yet. If you die you have to spectate for the remainder of the match, unless you're one of the first dead, or you escape, then possibly you come back as Tommy Jarvis if someone has contacted him on the CB radio. You can leave and turn the game off but you won't get your experience points. Spectating is honestly a lot of fun. I mostly just laugh the whole time, some good scares too. Very fun. I almost always die last though so I haven't gotten to play as Tommy very much, and he's the only one that can kill Jason so I still don't have the trophy. It says I've "stunned" him 113 times though. You get badges and achievements, which I think are addicting. The only 2 I need are "Kill Jason" and "Stun Jason with Pamela's sweater".

It's a frustrating game at first. There will be moments where you're like "omfg worst game EVER". It's not a perfect game by any means but it's probably the best 20 bucks I ever spent. Super cheap for the amount of use you get out of the game. I spent the first couple months terrified of it, not even kidding. Terror is not easy to come by from movies these days, and especially not game. My mouth would go dry and my adrenaline would start overdosing every time I'd play it. Each Jason has his own music, own strengths, each campsite takes some familiarizing even IF you've seen the movies, so it's exciting and scary and confusing all at the same time. I'd hide for entire matches when I first got the game. Once I got used to the game though, it became really fun. The controls are a little stiff but I feel like that just adds to the tension and low-budget tackiness. Definitely the best game I've played Smile I've officially decided that it's groundbreaking enough to call it the best. You even meet people that respect your gameplay so they add you, then they'll add you to lobbies when they play. It's the closest thing to IMDb since I've left there. Cool community. You have your trolls though!!

Alien: Isoation was also great. I hate that I can't hardly fight though cause I'm obviously a fighter. Like wtf am I supposed to do with this broken crowbar? omfg those cyborg guys are SO creepy and annoying. I stopped playing it when I got F13 though, and when I went to play it recently I had no clue what the storyline was anymore Sad I'll have to restart.

But pleeeeeeease find a way to get Friday the 13th, on PS4 preferably so I can play with you. I guarantee you will love it. I don't think Kevin liked it very much but he only played twice and got killed in 5 seconds each time lmao. It's not a game you're going to love right away. You kinda have to spend some time with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:55 am

omg heyyyyy Johnathan <3 miss you hope all is well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 am

Here's a full match which might help give you a better gameplay perspective. My psychotic twin is in it, another Tiffany. Doublemint Twins to the rescue with our shotguns <3

It's Jason part 6 and his hilariously suspenseful music, and I also play as the lesbian in the denim tuxedo aka Tommy Jarvis cause I died first. I got killed waiting for my stupid twin sister to come into the cabin!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=pPMRDZ-u9dI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:20 pm

soco-81 wrote:
omg heyyyyy Johnathan <3 miss you hope all is well.

Miss you too <3 entertaining videos btw. Hope you don’t mind me lurking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:42 pm

Of course not. I approve of your lurking Wink you're handsome, and you've always been sweet and complimentary to me so no worries from me. And thanks! I have way too much fun with that game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:38 pm

The one-minute video of your chicka and her home slice dancing to that corny music gives me SO MUCH life. Heart

Watching Jason the Clunky Lesbian right now. Razz
Back to top Go down
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:35 pm

That's like my first omg so innocent with green socks and purple shoes Razz

Jason part 6 is so clunky and his lesbian military marine music confuses the fuck out of me! That person chased the fuck out of me that whole match and I barely escaped to the popos. Bye gurl byeeee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Here you go, Dan. The guy has leopard panties. Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct7B0tqhj10&feature=share
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:31 pm

And the summer begins
Burning HOT
Sodomy

chatty Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Taking a minute out of surviving a slasher killer to dance to your favorite song <333 Laughing
Back to top Go down
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:56 pm

Right? I'm like um we need to go out of this spiral staircase cabin fast cause he always goes to it.

The outfits <3 it took me so long to recognize all the little easter eggs in the game. How did I not know that was the doublemints off-the-shoulder shirt thing?

And hey here you go. This one is my favorite. Beat up Jason 4 and got his mask off all by myself. And he even pegged me in the booty with his little darts. Perv. He got me with one of the better kills too Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgomN64v0ZE&t=30s

Thanks for watching Dan <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 pm

And I could only watch from the window as the poor black guy got split in half Sad then I accidentally set off my firecrackers. Sucks to be an airhead Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:38 pm

The return of Mauve panties <3 I so forgot about that.

So I watched Friday the 13th Part II last night, for the first time since probably 2011? IDK. Whenever I lived at my house is the last time I really watched any of them. Longest break ever. Anyway I smoked first so I would be more perceptive.

Okay so I have a question or two.

Which counselor is Maggie?

"Let Maggie drive the pickup"

Is it the lesbian Ginny stunt double?
The Asian
The nerd
The random dark haired one that's always next to the Ginny stunt double?

I'm gonna say the nerd. She looks like a Maggie.

What do you guys think? Razz

Why is there so many people in this movie?

Who peed?

Who is the guy with the gorgeous ass? Yum. Totally would smash that. He's got a number on the back of the shirt. Red and white outfit. Hot af too when it briefly shows his face.

Okay and now some things I really liked and hadn't noticed before.

All of those bloody hand prints in Jeff and Sandra's bed. How did I never see this before? It honestly creeped me out and then grossed me out too. Very cool touch.

Were they Jason's hand prints?

Maybe Jeff's or Sandra's, in some sort of death throes? Or maybe still alive and trying to get off of the spear sticking through them? Sad Creepy.

The way the blood drips from Vickie's leg when Jason slices it with his pick axe thingy.

The fact that Jason is super small and probably still a young man. What would his age be in Part 2?

The chasing at the end. It's just drenched in creepy atmosphere and when I play the game that's exactly what it reminds me of...part 2's chase through the cabins and then the woods later.

The music. If they had used the music from the opening credits as Jason 2's cue music in the game, he would be THE scariest Jason for me. Instead they used that obese cue that's very ordinary and repetitive. Sad I wish they'd change it.

Funny parts that made me laugh:

When Jason hides above the bed on the rickety chair that breaks. And then his pitchfork breaks too. Laughing Such a faux-pas. What are you DOING?

Ginny being SUCH a know it all...
Paul there's someone in this room. O____O

Ugh Ginny shut UP you know everything <3

I have to say, I do love her survival strategy. I too run from hiding spot to hiding spot, cabin to cabin. Some people hate that, some people love it. It works. Thanks Ginny <3

Is Ted maybe the first person to be IDOL'D out of Friday the 13th? He has such a confusing/overwhelming edit. I actually really liked him this time so wtf? Why not kill him off? Can you imagine if he had gone back to camp with them? That's the only thing the finale is missing, a death scene. I still don't understand why they let this guy escape. Most enigmatic Friday edit ever.

Parts that actually made me jump:

The stretch of road Ginny is running down...it's orange and red and yellow, gorgeous shot, Jason jumps out of the trees at her.

Whenever he first appears in the living room (post PAUL THERE'S SOMEONE IN THIS FUCKING ROOM)

And it kind of creeps me out, wondering what Jason actually did with Taryn Sad the fact that we never know, yet we see her in the shack, truly creeps me out.

And I just realized that PAUL is in the game. He's Chad. Laughing IDK how I never noticed this. Chad's a mix of Trent and Paul I guess. All characters are 2 people. Paul <3

7/10

Still not my favorite but I'm glad I revisited it. I think I'll try 3 and 4 next time I smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:50 am

Thoughts on Part II:

- The fact that the beginning was edited for us to think that Alice was going to be the star again. That was a pretty long-winded opening death scene, yet I love it... I wish more slashers utilized this better instead of just quickly killing two people we don't care enough about off in horrific, gory ways. Case in point... Hostel Part II attempted something similar, but traded suspense for gore, and wasn't as successful.

- Crazy Ralph's death SHOCKED me the first time I ever saw it. In retrospect, you would think that Jason would love the idea of a senile old man giving an ominous reputation to his lake to keep those horny kids away.

- I think Scott is the one you're talking about, Tyler? One thing I always remember most about his death is that it almost looks like Jason uses the machete backwards to slit his throat. Am I the only one who notices this? lol

- Killing the guy in the wheelchair. So brutal. Hell, even Franklin in TCM didn't get rolled down a flight of stairs after he died. Jason certainly knows how to say FU to the physically handicapped.

- The suspense leading up to Vickie's death was phenomenal as she crept up the stairs to find the naughty couple dead. Jason's hand (bruised thumb and all) slowly creeping towards her is one of the most gritty images I remember from the entire franchise. I really kind of felt bad for her too... like Lambert in Alien, she was so frozen in fear that she let death come to her. Sad

- Jason the hillbilly runner. I can't remember which documentary discussed this, but I totally agreed with that guy who said that Jason had a bit of that hillbilly in him yet and wasn't quite as methodical as he would become in later installments. Kind of explains him killing off Crazy Ralph too.

- Ginny hiding under the bed, peeing herself when that GIANT RAT shows up. OMFG I can't even. So nasty and gross all around.

- When Jason breaks through the window to get at Ginny made me jump out of my skin. Interestingly enough, this scene is on Mean Girls. It's the part where zombie Cady opens the door and scares the daylights out of Damien and Janice. lol

- Ginny being one of the only Friday final girls to battle the killer with wits rather than brute strength. I don't think any of the others even attempted to use this angle, though it was ripped off pretty effectively in Humongous which I think I was released a year later.

The ending was probably my least favorite part of this movie, but I think horror films used these sorts of weird, dream-like confusing endings a lot. Nightmare on Elm Street was similar, as did the first one. Like, what the hell did Alice mean that the boy was still there? Wasn't that just a dream? It's not like she ever saw a boy throughout the movie, but maybe they were setting up the sequel? As for Part II, them leaving Paul's death is pretty is a random mystery in the Friday the 13th franchise. I guess I always took it that he died and moved on.

One thing I loved about this franchise is that it always started over... I usually like a good continuity between movies in a franchise, but Friday the 13th is one of the few exceptions. New, bigger cast for Jason to work his way through... awesome. The best ones always kept the final girl a bit ambiguous. Watching them all back to back a few years ago for the first time ever, I really didn't have a clue who that would be in Parts 1, 4, 5, and 6. They always had to throw a few horny, sweater-wearing brunettes in to throw us off. Laughing
Back to top Go down
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Yes they basically just remake the movie every year Laughing

I also think it's funny how aggressive Vickie is. Trying so hard to get into Mark's pants like she's on some crusade to sleep with a dude in a wheelchair for the first time. <3

And no it's definitely not Scott. You only see the juicy ass guy while the group is walking on the trail, and then later arm wrestling Jeff. Then he goes to the bar I assume. If only they had more budget and script and stuff for these extraneous characters to do.

And here is the gross music they use for Jason 2:

Skip to 3 minute mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtklTeI9Ank&t=339s

Boring and repetitive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Tyler, do all the final girls in this Friday the 13th game have booty shorts, or do you just dress them that way? Laughing
Back to top Go down
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Only Tiffany does Laughing and that's all she has, the off the shoulder shirt and the booty shorts. You can only dress yourself lol. The other players pick their outfits and sometimes I'm like ew why are you wearing green socks? And your shirt doesn't match. Razz

I think Vanessa the black girl has a superhero outfit with booties and then the Chrissy character has a bathing suit. But mines the only one with the sweet cheeks Wink I shouldn't be crushing on a video game character, and a chick at that. She's so frickin cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:45 pm

There were 4 black girls and they were all following me around. Laughing I called the video The Supremes.

Skip to 5:30 mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTs24oEkZZ0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperVixenXo

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:24 pm

I am watching the franchise now with Dan and Garrett. Some of these I am seeing for the first time. We're watching Jason takes Manhatten and Jason X tonight (Dan and I watched Jason goes to hell last night without Garrett because he hates it lol). When I am done tonight then I will rank the movies best to worse on this thread. Smile I am excited. I had only seen 1-4 and freddy vs jason. We're gonna be starting the nightmare on elm street movies (I havent seen all of those either) nxt BEFORE we watch freddy vs jason again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperVixenXo

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:17 am

My ranking best to not so good...
1.Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI
2. Friday the 13th Part 2
3. Friday the 13th
4. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
5. Freddy Vs Jason
6.Jason X
7. Friday the 13th Part 3
8.  Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
9.Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
10. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
11. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:20 am

soco-81 wrote:
And no it's definitely not Scott. You only see the juicy ass guy while the group is walking on the trail, and then later arm wrestling Jeff. Then he goes to the bar I assume. If only they had more budget and script and stuff for these extraneous characters to do.

The juicy ass guy walks down to the lake and jfc is he THIC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:27 am

soco-81 wrote:
Is Ted maybe the first person to be IDOL'D out of Friday the 13th? He has such a confusing/overwhelming edit. I actually really liked him this time so wtf? Why not kill him off? Can you imagine if he had gone back to camp with them? That's the only thing the finale is missing, a death scene. I still don't understand why they let this guy escape. Most enigmatic Friday edit ever.

Laughing The edit definitely threw a few curveballs in the early seasons like Annie getting the winners edit but not making the merge and Ali coming back out of nowhere like Lil and making the final 2. It got so predictable after a while, though. Rennie and Sean are basically the Wendell and Domenick of Jason Takes Manhattan. Laughing Tamara is Chris Noble, Julius is Michael, Miles is Chelsea, and Ms. Van Deusen is Angela <3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th franchise thread   

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th franchise thread
Page 1 of 1