Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Thu May 10, 2018 3:13 pm

i think Laurel and Donathan should have flipped, they might have been out numbered but they could have always swung back to the guys if needed.

this move had no thought of the long term game, you know that dom and wendell have idols between them, so why keep them in, because in later rounds any votes for them wont count and a stray vote can bounce back on you? with the girls it comes down to social maneuvering, and feeding into kellyns paranoia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Thu May 10, 2018 5:44 pm

I would rather they spread the time out more evenly, rather than focus on a handful of 2 or 3 people, leaving 2 or 3 basically invisible. I hate that we can pick certain people out as no chance to win, based on how much screen time they get. That sucks, that's just bad editing. I'd rather they all got about equal time, so we're sitting here like "I have no clue who will win, it could be any number of 5 or 6 of them, they all get basically the same screen time and confessionals". They will never change their editing approach so the likes of Chelsea going holds no suspense, because we as seasoned viewers knew she was a purple edit and therefore left some time around now. Same for Sebastian, same for Angela. I'd rather they got just as much time as that other bunch and then we're like "oh, didn't see that coming, I thought she was in good with such and such", but no, sign.

We all love Survivor but at this point it does feel like a long term relationship that is fizzling out and we're just seeing it through to the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 pm

^^ agreed neil, i feel that the MVGx season was just a fluke, if the same people can produce that season, and the last two it shows that they are wildly uneven and that probst has way to much control over the show.

you know why MVGx was so good, there was no alpha male bros for him to root for and tell the editors to make shine. but even in that season we get the theme shoved down our throats every second.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Wed May 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Her name is Laurel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Wed May 16, 2018 11:40 pm

lmao RTF I kept thinking of Yanny tonight when I was watching it too!

Ugh. I mean I have pretty much always hated Kellyn, so glad she's gone, but like...really wish she would have just gone last week instead of Chelsea and then one of the guys left this week. 

That thing with Wendell and immunity was so awkward lolz. It's weird, I liked him a lot in the beginning, but then once he started getting more power, idk, he just seems kind of cocky and jerky now.

kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Thu May 17, 2018 8:30 am

I dare anyone to tell me this season is not just Redemption Island or One World 2.0, only thing different is that there are 2 Boston Robs/Kim Spradlins instead of 1 Laughing

I hate players like Donathan. Vote out all the people that could potentially help in getting rid of Dom/Wendell, then gets all pissy when he knows it's too late to do anything about it.

I am looking forward to the finale to see how the jury will treat Laurel and all the things they are going to say to her. That will be fun Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Thu May 17, 2018 11:51 am

Don't blame him, he's been itching to make a move against them for ages, it's Yanny who won't flip and most scenarios required both their votes.

RTF

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Thu May 17, 2018 12:27 pm

I can’t wait for Yanny to get decapitated and disembowled and effeminated by the Jury
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tom_delonge_ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Watching bad players try to use brain cells is kewt.

Pirate guy: Oh yeah, this advantage is so hawt bro I'm gonna make a big move. Ouch my brain.

Yanni: Hmmm, I could go with the people I can beat or I can go with the people I can't beat....hmmmmmm....Ouch my brain.

The suspense of who will come 3rd with zero votes out of these two dimwits is unbearable!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Haha in Yanny's defense she knows she's fucked if she goes to the end with them, but she is also pretty much guaranteed final 3. If she gets rid of them she increases her chances of winning in the finals, but she also decreases her chances of getting to the finals. It's like a rock and a hard place. I get that, and I mean, third place money is better than 5th. But...yeah, it's also pretty infuriating to watch.

EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Fri May 18, 2018 9:42 pm

Who's this Yanny? Ugh it's obnoxious whoever it is. It's like when those pricks called Alecia Blondie instead of her name. Who cares what she's done, or hasn't done, she's not a bad person therefore doesn't deserve to be mocked. I get that it's frustrating to watch and in another season I'd be as pissed off as anyone but I'm not because I like the two power players. I can't root for anyone else lol they're the alphas AND WENDELL WORE SHORTS THIS EPIOSDE Laughing

It seems obvious to us that they all needed to go against the duo 2, 3 votes ago, but haven't, but we don't understand fully as none of us have ever played for real. It's easy to sit here after watching an episode and see so clearly what should happen but we're not there, living with each other 24 hrs a day. I bet it really muddies the water. Laurel is probably afraid a move would fail due to their idols, then it bounces back on her. I do feel a bit sorry for her though, I think if she was surrounded by better players, they would make the move but look at who she's playing with. You can't give any of the others an ounce of credit. I'm looking at the cast now and how many of the merge can we actually say have played a good game besides the duo? You can give Michael credit for sure, other than that, there's nothing. Laurel and Donathan want to but they just can't find a move, I don't know why.

Seriously why was a move not made this round? Donathan wanted to, Laurel was immune, surely they had to go for it. I can't understand a logical reason for it. You'd think they'd be able to convince two others to go for it. The fact that Sebastian isn't even mentioned as a potential vote shows how little he must have played. Nobody is worried about him despite him being a challenge threat. How can they not make a move though? Lol just HOW? I'm glad they haven't, but I don't get why not. The fact that they are the power players and everyone knows it, is in itself, not good game play lol it's better than doing nothing like the rest, but it's not smart. You never want to be on top (usually as you inevitably crash and burn), nor bottom, but somewhere in the middle, making subtle moves yet not one but two people are on top and not a damn thing gets done about it Laughing

I'd like to see Domenick, Wendell and Laurel make final 3. It would make for the most interesting finale, at least we wouldn't know for sure who wins, it could really be a 50/50 toss up so at least the ending would be more interesting than One World or RI, although overall I like these people better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Mon May 21, 2018 9:15 am

i think her strategy of going to the end with the guys and hoping they split the vote is ludicrous, you dont know how people will present themselves in front of the jury.

Dom could be eloquent and a great talker or he could be a dick and thats it.

The fact that angela and sebastian made the finale episode is so god damn sad. I do agree with neil that they have stupid people playing with them,laurel, kellyn, donathan could have all votes for dom or wendell, but then dom/wendell would vote together, sebastian and angela are in the middle and because THEY ARE NEVER SHOWN we have no clue which way they would swing.

But im assuming its with the guys. This cast sucks, give dom/wendell the check already.

Did yall see the theme and title for next season? i wont put it in spoilers since we will find out in 2 days anyway

Survivor: David Vs Goliath
It will be 10 people who are the 'davids' regular under dog type people
And 10 people who are the 'Goliath" who are experts in their field and have achieved greatness (Includes a WWE wrestler, surgeon, ceo)

im over this theme already, so its going to be a tribe of strong and smart people against the average joe? hmm i wonder whose going to win all the early immunity challenges?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Mon May 21, 2018 9:17 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Mon May 21, 2018 11:04 am

I heard about that theme but average joes doesn't necessarily mean weak. They won't be physically weaker, they will just have average lives/jobs and the "Goliaths" will be at the top of their professions. It's just another dumb rehash of blue collar, white collar blah blah blah. These themes are ridiculous. They are obsessed with themes now. I can't be bothered, but when was the last season they just had a location title and no theme? Aww shit, give me a second til I rewind and think of what it was.......….Philippines?! 12 seasons ago? I mean second chance was a theme but it's the closest to not having a theme since that was just a group of people playing a second time, but other than that, themes every time.

A theme like this doesn't really bother me though, I just forget about it once it starts, provided they get proper tribe names, but I'm sure they'll do what they usually do and shove it down our throats. I'm also completely bored of Fiji. I will always watch it as long as it's made but it's lost it's sparkle. I remember the days when I was dying to watch the latest episode, nowadays I sometimes don't put it on til Saturday or Sunday.

That being said, the finale should be good as long as Wendell, Domenick and Laurel make the end. I want to see a Wendell V Domenick show down. Either could win. We don't really have any idea which will win so that is one thing we can take from this mess, that it's not clear cut like One World or RI. There is still some mystery. I'm rooting for Dom but my gut tells me Wendell. Jeff loves him and a pre season video he picked Wendell, now I have no idea when these are videoed, but I spotted something. The host and Jeff are wearing the same clothes they were wearing in LAST SEASONS pre season interview and they're sitting in the same spot as well. I have no clue how this can be but I'm picturing it and I see Wendell winning quite comfortably.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Mon May 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Laurel will get destroyed in the jury. if she reaches final 3. i almost feel bad for her.

i could see it being close between dom/wendell though. depends on how the first two rounds look like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Mon May 21, 2018 2:26 pm

They don't use location names anymore cuz they have used the same 5 locations since season NINETEEN Laughing (Nicaragua, Samoa, Philippines, Cambodia, Fiji)

Honestly, considering everything I've read about next season including

Spoiler:

I have extremely low expectations for that season now. I had low expectations for Spoopy Island and I was still disappointed lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm

I hope it's not a cast of mostly young, hot people again. Henry did you ever watch Australian Survivor? I remember you had interest in it, can't remember if you watched it. The next season will begin at the end of July. Looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tom_delonge_ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 pm

I believe Survivor has been bad and will remain bad as long as they continue to recruit "Survivor Fans."

Ever since Cochran, Probst/producers seems to think that those are the best players, but they fail to see that he was a unique character, an exception to the norm of what it means to be a super fan and a turning point in the style of the show.

Firstly, he was someone who talked incessantly about how he watched all seasons and considered himself an expert in strategy but didn't have the typical traits of an alpha player. That was fine as a one-off thing, but since then almost every new recruit claims to be a super fan. I don't think it means anything anymore besides that they watch the show a lot, but that is a very low standard. These self-described super fans don't have a second clue about how to play, so the label has become meaningless.

I don't get how Probst forgets that all the classic seasons involved a VARIETY of players; a few regular folk having an adventure, a few alpha males, a few flirty females, a few quirky people and a few very strategic players. Sometimes players would show a mix of several of these characteristics and made for memorable characters. Usually the "bad players" were those who simply weren't cut out for the ruthlessness or the strategy or the physical nature of the game. They were genuine and tried thier best, despite their inadequacies. Strategic players would always utilize these types of players for their own benefit. Nowadays the "bad players" are self-proclaimed super fans who seem to only care about their 15 minutes of fame, which is why we get players with potential, like Yanni, butchering a season with her moronic quest to place 3rd. I bet there are a lot of recent players like her who are satisfied with a high placement and the increased prize money, but this kind of complacency has ruined the show. In comparison, think back to seasons like Africa or Pearl Islands (or even the one with Tony) where the Final Immunity winner is basically in charge of deciding the winner with his/her decision and the suspense that breeds. Maybe F3's have ruined the show too. I'd like to see a return to F2's to see if we can get some classic feel back.

Anyways, I rambled on a lot, but don't know if I have made a point. #notmysurvivor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Mon May 21, 2018 10:25 pm

the cast so far

http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/survivor-season-37-cast-revealed

15/20 so far and only 2 or 3, 40 and over.

ugh im realized survivor is becoming like big brother for me in that i will hate watch every season.

honestly the quality of the fan made survivors has beaten the actual show, example - Survivor Maryland All stars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Mon May 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Oh shit John Morrison’s gonna be on Survivor?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Mon May 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Yea hes the only one im excited about. Hes athletic as hell, im interested to see of he has the strategic mind set to do well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Tue May 22, 2018 5:11 am

Ugh ffs what a bunch of posers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tom_delonge_ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Tue May 22, 2018 8:20 am

BAHAHHAHAAAAHAHAH Mike White is Ned Schneebly from School of Rock.

FML. I hate Probst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    Tue May 22, 2018 11:56 am

Apparently Oz Survivor's next season is newbs vs minor celebs lol and some former US players have shown interest in applying for it including Jeremiah "you know", Ryan Opray and TYLER, the main man himself from Worlds Apart Laughing Get all 3 of em on there lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?    

Back to top Go down

Kyogre's Which Survivor: Ghost Island Castaway Are You?
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next