Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
soullimbo

PostSubject: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:03 pm

The plan was to cast for this game last month, but things have been kind of hectic here since the new year. Anyway, this is just to see if there is enough interest for me to actually host a 2nd season.
For those who may not have noticed the first season, the game is loosely based on the classic 70s cartoon Wacky Races. Teams (2 players , though someone can play on their own should they so wish) race against each other and try to cross the finishing line first. How they race etc depends on how they perform in the challenges.

None of the challenges are live

All challenges are trivia based, varying from pics/lyrics/cryptic clues/anagrams/connections/odd one out etc

All challenges are Movies/TV/Music based

Players also have the chance to win bonus cards along the way to help their progress or hinder their opponents.

If anyone is interested, sign up, if we have enough players and it's as good as the first season, then it should be fun.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sign-ups

1. Tomcat + Cherry : The Slag Brothers in the Boulder Mobile

2. Nat + Tom : The Ant Hill Mob in the Bulletproof Bomb

4. Adam + David : Dick Dastardly and Muttley in the Mean Machine

5. Brady + Dana : Penelope Pitstop in the Compact Pussycat

6. Mykee + Henry : Sergeant Blast and Private Meekly in the Army Surplus Special

7.  Mas + Lukas : The Gruesome Twosome In The Creepy Coupe

8. Than + Eric : Lazy Luke and Blubber Bear in the Arkansas Chuggabug

I have 10 slots for teams, perhaps a little ambitious lol. We'll see if they fill up. Players can also suggest the minimum amount of teams for the game to go ahead....I would say at least 5/6?

Here are the characters from wacky races, each teams will pick one of these, first come first served.

Professor Pat Pending in the Convert-a-Car

The Red Max in the Crimson Haybaler

Peter Perfect in the Turbo Terrific

Rufus Ruffcut & Sawtooth in the Buzzwagon

Last edited by soullimbo on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:14 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:07 pm

OK, I'm finally getting round to creating the forum, which should up by the weekend. If anymore players want to sign up, now's the time. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

If anyone wants to see a sample of questions etc from the first series or anything else, let me know.

Also if Adam and Turner would like to find team-mates for the game, or if they prefer playing solo, no problem....I believe Nat played by himself in season 1 and did pretty well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:03 pm

I will play
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
switza

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:28 am

I'm good with teaming up with either of the other individuals signed up to play, if either would want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:13 pm

switza wrote:
I'm good with teaming up with either of the other individuals signed up to play, if either would want.
I will team with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
switza

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:34 pm

updated - just need you to pick a racing character.

Forum will be ready at some point tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Dastardly and Muttley unless David has another preference
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:31 pm

switza wrote:
Dastardly and Muttley unless David has another preference
That is a good one. We will go with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Forum is ready, waiting for Emer / Mets / Tomcat / Eric / Turner ?/ Robert to join.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:55 am

Sorry, I was off the last couple of days. I'm joined now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:34 pm

No worries Eric. Just waiting on Emer / Tomcat / Robert. Is Turner still interested in playing? I did message him but he hasn't bothered to reply....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:13 am

http://wacky-races-2.freeforums.net/

it helps if people can access the link, Pete, since you originally posted it on imdb [blah]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:56 am

Registered. Sorry for the delay, folks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:04 pm

Has anybody seen my partner?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Cherry wrote:
http://wacky-races-2.freeforums.net/

it helps if people can access the link, Pete, since you originally posted it on imdb [blah]

I did actually send the link to all the players by PM, but you're right Cherry, I should also have posted it on here...I'm hanging my head in shame Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:20 pm

We're just waiting on Emer and Robert...fingers crossed they'll join soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:24 pm

I don't have a partner so I can't play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Ok Turner, thanks for letting me know. You do have the option of playing on your own if you still want it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:30 pm

No I don't think so
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Was wondering how long we should wait for Robert and Emer ? perhaps give them til the end of the week, then we can start the game? I would even suggest that once started, they could sign up late...what do all the players think of this? I suppose another option would be for Nat and Mets to "team up" (if their partners don't show up), giving us 6 teams. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lukachkinas

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Oh, rubbish trivia, that's kind of my thing! I'd love to team up with anyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi Lukas , As you may have noticed, not all players have signed up to the forum yet, so by the end of the week we will know better, but you are more than welcome to join, one way or another!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Lukas could sign up with Turner...that is if he is still interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Someone send a search party for Rob, please. I cannot play this alone again lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started   

Back to top Go down

Soullimbo's Wacky Races - Challenge #4 has started
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next