HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Recently Watched Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:58 pm

The Big Sick was hilaaaaaaaaaaarious. It had its clichéd moments but at this point I just accept it in all films/tv.

I watched:

Murder on the Orient Express 8/10
Okay so at first I was so bored. Such a stellar cast but it just wasn't grabbing me until about half-way. Way cool twist at the end though. Definitely amped up the points for sure. It reminded me of
Spoiler:

only serious. Laughing I was like, whyyy is Michelle Pfeifer playing some vapid widow? It was very unlike her. Glad nothing was what it seemed.

Daddy's Home 2 6/10
Honestly funny. Can't go wrong with that cast but I think it benefitted from the newcomers and the Christmas setting, otherwise it wasn't really all that fresh. Ferrell on his own gets on my damn nerves. Wahlberg is underrated in the comedy department though if you ask me.

Atomic Blonde 4/10
Okay the running time needed to be inflicted with so much bulimia wtf. I liked Charlize in Aeon Flux but this was an atomic bomb for sure. Yawning like fuck the whole time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:04 pm

I may have (may have) liked Daddy's Home (the first, haven't seen the second) a little. It was stupid as fuck, but I used to like stupid comedies like Big Momma's House and Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo so I didn't mind. Of course nothing beats 80's comedies like Porky's, Stripes, Vacation, Police Academy, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Weird Science, and Bill and Ted though. Comedy movies aren't generally my thing, but I used to watch a lot growing up. Love Wahlberg. His movies aren't what they used to be (at least since The Fighter), but he'll always be great to me because of his 90's movies.

Last edited by Shred on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:07 pm

Watched Black Panther and Annihilation. Both were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Yeah Wahlberg's definitely strayed from his glory days.

I wouldn't have seen the first OR the second Daddy's Home but that's all my bf likes is comedies/action movies and Disney movies Laughing we watched that cartoon with that inflatable marshmallow thing and I had nightmares. Big Fister Five or something? Moana though Laughing kind of cute and fun. That fucking crab had me dying.

I think my fave 80's comedies were Summer School and Valley Girl. I know there are a few more but I'm drawing a blank right now. Newer ones would be House Bunny and Just Friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:13 pm

My favorite 80's comedy were probably The Breakfast Club and Fast Times At Ridgemont High. There were others, but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:30 pm

My favorite comedy from the 80s is Overboard. I can't even count the number of times I saw this on cable. I think it was released the year I was born. Spaceballs was also from that year, too. Dot Matrix <3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:58 am

Yesss Overboard too <3 I'm actually excited for the remake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:29 am

just went to see love simon it was really funny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:32 pm

My favourite comedy from the 80s is Catholic Boys , though I think it was known as Heaven Help Us in the states, with Planes,trains and automobiles a close second.

I watched The Others at work last night, still one the best "twist" endings imo, a great movie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:15 pm

modica wrote:
The director Darren Aronofsky is an art movie director. It is ludicrous that Mother! was put in the same category as The Mummy and The Emoji movie. The Razzies deserve a Razzi for nominating a movie like Mother! You may not like it, you may not understand it, but it is shear stupidity to lump it in with movies that are really really awful.
I agree with this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:20 pm

soco-81 wrote:
The Big Sick was hilaaaaaaaaaaarious. It had its clichéd moments but at this point I just accept it in all films/tv.

I watched:

Murder on the Orient Express 8/10
Okay so at first I was so bored. Such a stellar cast but it just wasn't grabbing me until about half-way. Way cool twist at the end though. Definitely amped up the points for sure. It reminded me of
Spoiler:

only serious. Laughing I was like, whyyy is Michelle Pfeifer playing some vapid widow? It was very unlike her. Glad nothing was what it seemed.

Have you read the book? I thought it was an interesting read. Hadn’t seen the movie though.

Anyway recently I’ve seen The Strangers 2. Decent movie, it was a fun watch. It’s obvious they tried to appeal to a younger audience which is fine I guess. Anyone else seen it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:34 am

Orient Express book? No I didn't know there was one. I would though.

I watched Three Billoboards... yesterday. Kind of dumb. 6/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:12 pm

soco-81 wrote:

I watched Three Billoboards... yesterday. Kind of dumb. 6/10
Hmmm, that is interesting that you found Three Billboards dumb. I thought it cast a very humorous light on some very unfunny topics. Three Billboards was actually the movie I had picked to win, but then I saw Call Me By Your Name and Phantom Thread and my top picks changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Yeah I didn't find Three Billboards.. humorous I guess. The people just didn't act right :/ so I found it kind of unbelievable. The actors deserved their awards for sure though. I was just like are people really like that? It is how I feel about American Horror Story. Can't root for absurd/ridiculous people. And yeah it definitely tried to cast a humorous light on unfunny topics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:10 pm

soco-81 wrote:

Ya I don’t usually go out of my way to read books but that one was very intriguing to say the least. I love mysteries tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Me too! I love mysteries and books. That's definitely intriguing. It would probably make a better book anyway cause of all the details. I'll look for it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:10 pm

The Invitation: Holy SHET. This is probably one of the most unsettling movies I've seen recently. I really love slow burning horror movies that actually pay off in the end, instead of just building up tension and then bam, over. No, this movie is definitely scary. And the whole "cult" aspect to it, once it got started, made this movie so much creepier. I only watched this cuz I couldn't decide between Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or CA: Civil War but I am glad I did Laughing  9/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:45 pm

I went to see Love Simon tonight. Cute movie that reminded me of John Hughes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:02 am

I scrolled past The Invitation last night, Henry. I picked The Den instead, and ended up turning it off. It was good I was just tired. Would've been cool if we both rolled up in here talking about The Invitation though. It definitely sounds good! Hopefully I have time to watch it tonight before I go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:16 am

Well if you watch it let me know what you think! I really liked this one. This is one of those movies that you have no idea where it's going to go but once it gets there, it's really satisfying. Solid A+
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:40 am

modica wrote:
I went to see Love Simon tonight. Cute movie that reminded me of John Hughes.
yes it does i loved that movie so much isnt nick robinson a cutie?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:44 am

The Invitation was a very good one. I think we have it rated the same, Henry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 am

Saw love Simon with my boyfriend and it was really sweet I could relate with a lot in the movie the way things were done

I def teared up at certain parts, I think this movie will change a lot of things in Hollywood because I believe this is the first movie backed by a major movie studio about gay Romance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:08 pm

WCW wrote:
Saw love Simon with my boyfriend and it was really sweet I could relate with a lot in the movie the way things were done

I def teared up at certain parts, I think this movie will change a lot of things in Hollywood because I believe this is the first movie backed by a major movie studio about gay Romance

Wasn't Brokeback mountain first for that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Cindyfan wrote:
WCW wrote:

Wasn't Brokeback mountain first for that?

BB Mountain went about it the wrong way though lmao the two guys were still being adulterous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched Thread
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next