WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Lmao that was great
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:12 pm

It: I don't know why I thought this movie was rated PG-13. After like the 10th "f*ck" I was like, oh man, they are very relaxed about language now I guess Laughing I found the parts where the clown transformed into that ugly toothy thing to be scarier than anything else. Also, the character of "Henry" was so random. I legit thought he was going to go full psychopath and at least kill one of the kids. But I haven't read the book or seen the original movie, so I had no idea. Anyway, pretty good movie. 7/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:45 pm

Happy death day

I was pleasantly surprised by this.....Groundhog day meets teen slasher movie. Plenty of thrills, twists and turns, with a bit of dark comedy thrown in. Let's be honest, it's never gonna win any awards, but who cares when you can be entertained for 90 minutes. 7/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:08 pm

The Shape of Water: I don't get why you all are hating on this movie Laughing It isn't the best movie ever, but I liked it a lot. Michael Shannon is so freaking creepy, he just plays the role of psycho villain so well. Really liked the soundtrack too. It's kind of surprising a movie like this won Best Picture though, seems a little too out there compared to most recent winners. 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:24 pm

HAPPY DEATH DAY! This blindsided me cause it was actually really good. 7/10

I liked the story, the scary parts, the characters. The lead did a great job carrying the movie and her various boyfriends were cute. And she wasn't even all that likable thank you not everyone has to be a cute likable final girl. Sometimes that's what makes you like them the most, the fact that they were kinda awful starting out.

Not one genuine complaint about the movie to be honest, just your normal mark offs for acting/gore effects/kills or lack there of. And there was chasing scenes in it <3 <3 <3  

Fat fest LaughingLaughingLaughing I choked on my drink. Please give that chick more movie roles. It was her first and she was an absolute riot. Laughing

Don't miss this one, guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Happy Death Day: had day off today so I stayed home and watched a couple of movies. I've always wanted to see this one but kept putting it off. Now y'all are recommending it and I had to.  I really liked this one. So much fun to watch. Kinda hard to express my thoughts on some things without actually spoiling it, but yea, loved it. That montage where she's
Spoiler:

was so fking funny. And I don't know who plays her love interest (Carter?) in this movie, but he has the KEWTEST smile I've ever seen. Marry me plz. 9/10

Coco: OMG. The first half of this movie was such a chore...I kept rolling my eyes at the OMG FAMILY FIRST GUYSSS FAMILY. FIRST. Like, ok, yea you're not the first movie that is trying to push this message, it's not really groundbreaking...It wasn't until the "twist" came up that the movie got good and by the end, I was nearly crying. What a cute movie. I kept hearing from people that the ending was so sad and I was expecting the worst, but I dont know wtf those people are talking about? I need someone to explain to me what happened to the dog though. Thanks. 8/10
Back to top Go down
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:42 pm

kyogre123 wrote:
The Shape of Water: I don't get why you all are hating on this movie Laughing It isn't the best movie ever, but I liked it a lot. Michael Shannon is so freaking creepy, he just plays the role of psycho villain so well. Really liked the soundtrack too. It's kind of surprising a movie like this won Best Picture though, seems a little too out there compared to most recent winners. 8.5/10
i am not hating on the shape of water henry its my favorite film of 2017
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:10 pm

mother! was a bit weird. It probably worked a little better when Ed Harris and Michelle Pfeiffer (how nice to see her again) showed up and wouldn't go the fuck away. Especially because they're both actors that I like, even though Pfeiffer was such a bitch in this. Then, it sort of got a bit ridiculous by the end. I can't decide if I liked it or not... Jennifer Lawrence has been showing up a lot in the headlines negatively lately, so I think her Razzie nom is truly more for that than her performance here, which is pretty good if not completely serviceable at its worst. The movie though a bit strange at first did work until our main character gets pregnant and then things go completely berserk and things no longer made any sense, as our main character loses all control of her home and her husband drifts further away from her. I guess the creator has said that there's a lot of Biblical and ecological connections to be made, but I don't think the movie was clear enough if its goal was to make a point about man vs. earth. 6/10 - worth watching, but you may have to do some homework to understand it and I hate homework. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:26 am

I didn't find Mother that difficult to understand. I loved it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:30 am

Meh. At least it wasn't as bad as It Comes at Night; at least it was a bit more forthright with its pretentiousness. Take that for what you will.
Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:26 am

mother! is one of those movies I really wanna watch, but I dont want to *pay* to watch it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:11 am

That's fair, Henry. I didn't hate it. Sometimes it's just hard to decide if I truly liked a movie or not. lol
Back to top Go down
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:49 pm

The director Darren Aronofsky is an art movie director. It is ludicrous that Mother! was put in the same category as The Mummy and The Emoji movie. The Razzies deserve a Razzi for nominating a movie like Mother! You may not like it, you may not understand it, but it is shear stupidity to lump it in with movies that are really really awful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:20 pm

I understand why a person wouldn't like something like this. The movie is a bit self-indulgent and thinks that its making a statement in some bold way, even at the expense of its story in the second half which is where I think it falls off with a lot of viewers. I spent a part of my day reading several IMDb reviews and many felt the same way that I did. Art director or not, he should've kept the movie on the path he was going on in the first half because it was actually interesting then. General moviegoers (not critics, but the common Joe's like me) don't like movie slapping them in the face with politics. He could've been a lot more subtle in his approach, and I even agreed with him! I watch a movie to see the story, not see what his opinion is about this or that or whatever. He should become a politician if he thinks making a political statement about climate change is so important.

Whether all this warrants it being nominated for a Razzie for worst director or not, I don't know. I don't think mother! was quite as bad about it as some of them I've seen in the past. I will say, though... I hope that its nomination deters future directors from focusing more on symbolism/art/politics when they're making a movie, as opposed to telling a compelling story. That's where mother! dropped the ball, for me anyway.

Besides, everyone should know the Razzies aren't truly indicative of the worst films. It's all politics, and more than likely people with a growing hatedom are going to get nominated not due to their work but due to their opinions and political stances.
Back to top Go down
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Mother! was one of my favorite movies from last year. I liked it 100 times more than The Shape Of Water. If it wasn't for the cast and their performances, I would have hated The Shape of Water, but the actors saved me from it being a total waste of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Oh yeah I also saw Mother! I thought it was awful :/ Aronofsky can do way better than that. I got it and everything, just didn't really care. It was a mess. I gave it a 6/10 and I usually give that director 10's.

The performances though <3 <3 <3

I wished they'd pushed the invasion of space angle more. That was creeping me the fuck out, then it went...somewhere really dumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:33 pm

I loved the chaos of Mother! at the end. I really thought it was a terrific movie. I guess I am alone, but it I was spellbound from beginning to end. Years from now I think it will be viewed differently. There are many films that were once hated, but over the years they find an audience that loves a one time despised movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Yeah Michelle pffiefer’s character was totally creeping me out too. I always felt that she had a very witchy, sinister look to her that was working very well in this movie.
Back to top Go down
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:36 pm

One thing about Mother! that no one can disagree with is that there is no other movie out there like it. You want to see a one of a kind movie, Mother! is it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:39 pm

I actually thought I would be in minority with it. I'm glad you found it so good though David Smile it definitely got Twin Peaksy at the end but I wanted it to go somewhere else. And yes it is very unique can't argue with that.

I don't like strangers as it is and to have them coming into my home, sitting on my furniture  and all that. Totally epic premise for me as a horror movie. I react in the exact same way she does. Umm, can you get your fucking feet off my table *death glare*? Laughing

Yeah Pfiefer creeped me out in a major way. Especially the underwear scene. I so would've punched her! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 pm

I think it offered an interesting take on the home invasion genre - one where it’s not both partners being violated but rather just one, our main character. I got into trouble for adding it as an example of a home invasion film on Wikipedia Laughing I had the page creator writing bitchy things about how I was spoiling the movie by explaining how it was a home invasion movie even though I only spoke in a general sense. I did cite a clear source though so I don’t think he can remove it now.

But i was loving that part of the movie.
Back to top Go down
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Funny Games was one of the better home invasion films out there. IMO. I liked The Strangers also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:50 pm

omg wtf? It's like very obvious that it's the home invasion sub-genre just from the trailers. What a betch. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Those people on wiki are awful. I post one thing and I get flak written on my talk page about how I committed all the deadly sins, and then some. I just bitchily deleted his comments out of spite and moved on.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:42 am

The Big Sick
Finally got round to watching this last night. All I knew about it was its score on IMDB. Well, I'm gonna give it 9/10, cause I loved it. I'm sure there are those who will say that it's full of stereotypes and cliches blah blah blah, I on the other hand felt that it dealt with a lot of issues without falling into those traps. The acting was top notch, that 9/11 joke was...well, the fact that they put it in when he was talking to her parents and not his stand-up routine was a good decision. And of course, to find out at the end that
Spoiler:

Easily the 2nd best film of 2017 after Three Billboards...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched Thread
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next