Share | 

Recently Watched Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:51 am

Instead of making a new thread for every movie I've watched recently, I'll just post my mini reviews here.

The Road: Not too bad. A little depressing, some messed up scenes. I wish they revealed what caused the apocalyptic event in the movie. Probably not going to be rewatching this soon but definitely a good movie. 8.5/10

Cube: I thought this was supposed to be a dumb gory horror movie? lol It wasn't bad though, but a little too chatty, needed more gore. I liked it enough to binge the whole series in one afternoon. 6/10

Cube 2: I had no idea wtf this movie was about. Too bright. Confusing af. Not very good. Also wtf was up with the blonde lady defending and being overprotective of the blind girl when she just barely met her. Weak script much? 4/10

Cube 3: Slightly better than the second one. I liked the idea of someone who worked for the company going inside. Cool ending. Best one of the 3. 7/10

Prisoners: Was good. Kinda predictable ending/twist though. Jake Gylenhall was probably not a good choice to play that kind of character, he is too innocent/soft looking. They should have reversed his role and Hugh Jackman's. 7/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Cube 2 is easily the worst but it had fun moments, like the different dimensions. The third was better, but not as good as the original "I'M NOT DYING IN A FUCKING RAT MAZE!" Laughing one of a number of epic lines. I loved the sound activated room the most. Classic.

Who's ready for Survivor: Cube? Laughing I really would have hosted that if it was easier to host but it's way too time consuming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:19 pm

I got Moviepass so I'm planning on watching a bunch of films this year. Only seen 2 movies this year so far, but I'll be updating my letterboxd regularly.

https://letterboxd.com/nattyice4/films/diary/

Call Me By Your Name - Really great movie. Didn't love it as much as most people did though.

Bright - Not as bad as people say. Not great, not terrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Oh I definitely want to watch Call Me By Your Name. I actually had plans to see it at a movie theater in LA earlier this week but our trip got cut short unexpectedly. And I don't think it's playing around here Sad so have to wait until it comes out to rent.

Thought about getting one of those Moviepass things, but I went to see Jigsaw a few months ago and I was horrified at how much concessions cost these days. I paid like 13 bucks for a small pop corn and soda. And the ticket to see the movie was matinee $6 Laughing

Back to top Go down
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Really? The cheapest ticket you'll find here is $12 and that's like at 1pm on a weekday lol. They're like $14-$18, so moviepass is a great deal for me. Started my subscription late November and I've seen 7 movies with it. Justice League, Murder on the Orient Express, Coco, Disaster Artist, Last Jedi, The Shape of Water, and Call Me By Your Name. Concession prices are ridiculous. That's how movie theaters make most of their money.

Call Me By Your Name was fantastic. I think only like 3 theaters in all of NYC was playing it by the time I went to see it, so I had to go to a really small one I hadn't been to before. I'm hoping to see I Tonya, Lady Bird, and all those movies that are getting good reviews before it's too late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Well cost of living is cheaper here than NYC, but people are also make less money I guess lol.

Lady Bird is playing near me and I am definitely checking that one out too. And Disaster Artist.
Back to top Go down
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:36 pm

I thought The Road was excellent and I really didn't need to know what event caused the apocalypse. Lady Bird and The Disaster Artist are must see films. I also want to see Call Me By Your Name and Phantom Thread. Will be seeing I, Tonya tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:22 pm

Disaster Artist was so good. I’m very glad I watched The Room before going lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:43 pm

i saw three films on my day off saturday the shape of water i tonya and darkest hour  

the shape of water is briliant itonya is great as well
darkest hour has a,great preformance from gary oldman and nothing else
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 am

Lady Bird: Forgot to write my review last night lol. This movie was so freaking funny. And, full disclosure, I had not seen a trailer for this movie before I went to see it. So when I saw the opening scene of them fighting in the car and then LB taking her seat belt off and jumping off was so sudden, random and probably one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in a movie Laughing This one is definitely worth of all the praise it's getting. 10/10

Frances Ha: I'm slowly becoming a Greta Gerwig fan after I watched Lady Bird and now this. This movie is not as good as LB, cuz it definitely drags in the middle and then just kind of ends in a "and every lived happily ever after, sorta" way, so suddenly. Wish the movie was just a few minutes longer. But it was still cute. 8/10

Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:32 pm

The shape of water
An interesting movie with some excellent performances. As the movie started, I couldn't help but feel that Del Toro was heavily influenced by Amelie, or even its director, Jean-Pierre Jeunet. The feelings were confirmed when the "let's fill the bathroom with water" scene came along, a direct rip-off from "Delicatessen", also by Jeunet. I like the movie except for one particular scene, where they break off into a dance/singing sequence, I cringed as the images unfolded in front of me. (7/10)

Coco
An excellent addition to the Pixar portfolio. My one complaint would be the "over-colourful otherworld" , it sometimes felt too much. A lot of funny and touching moments which, let's face it, you expect from Pixar. (9/10)

Three billboards outside ebbing missouri
I'm gonna try and keep my review to a minimum and spoiler free, not easy lol. Best movie I've seen in a while. I loved the fact that when certain scenes came along, I tried to predict what would happen, or perhaps what would be the typical denouement, but every time I was wrong !! Standout performance by Frances McDormand, while the rest of the cast were equally good. One particular scene which will stay with me for long time is when the priest visits the grief stricken mum....again, I expected the scene to go a particular way, but what we get instead is so powerful.... (10/10)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:36 pm

I found Three Billboards powerful also, but lots of people did not like it because of the ending and the racism of one of the characters. Racism still exists and I found it funny that the most racist person in the police station was a minority also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - Surprisingly a lot of fun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm

WolfNVX4444 wrote:
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - Surprisingly a lot of fun
i would see it, but that Kevin Hart just rubs me the wrong way. I heard he was the weakest part of the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:25 pm

I thought everyone in the cast was good. I’m a Kevin Hart fan though. You probably won’t like it because it’s pretty much what you’d expect from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:55 am

Dunkirk: I think the phrase "edge of your seat" is dumb, but if it has to apply to a movie, it is this one. This shet was intense. And I loved that there was very little dialogue and most of the movie was just intense action sequences. Surprised that it was such a short movie (like under two hours, which is short for a war movie I think) but I guess any longer and it would have felt like it was just the same thing over and over so, smart decision to make it so short, I guess. I can see this movie winning a lot of technical awards at the Oscars. 9/10
Back to top Go down
modica

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:13 pm

I saw Call Me By Your Name tonight and I must say that I loved it. The last half hour is also the best part of the movie. I recommend it. Better than Brokeback Mountain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Greatest Showman was tons of fun. Jumanji was also tons of fun. Fun fun fun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:27 am

In the jungle you must wait, until the dice read 5 or 8.

In the jungle you must wait?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm

That did not come up in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:25 am

The Crying Game
Watched this again last night, and it's as good as it was the first time I saw it all those years ago. Goes to show you that simple good "story-telling", when done well, really pays off. I was watching it with someone who had never heard of it, so made sure of looking at them at the right time to see their reaction upon the "twist" revelation, and it was brilliant! I also found out that an alternative ending was filmed, but eventually shelved....I saw this too for the first time and I'm glad it was shelved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Movies that I've seen in the theater:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Really great. Easily one of my favorites of the year. Although I understand the criticism around it.

I, Tonya - Also very good

Lady Bird - I'm glad I went into it not knowing anything about it. I thought it was great.

The Greatest Showman - It was fine. I don't like the idea of romanticizing someone like PT Barnum, but that aside, it was just fine. Not great, not bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Also finally saw The Big Sick and it's my favorite non-comic book movie of 2017. Favorite overall being Logan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:22 pm

WolfNVX4444 wrote:
Also finally saw The Big Sick and it's my favorite non-comic book movie of 2017. Favorite overall being Logan.

Dat 911 joke though lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched Thread   

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next