Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Any tennis people?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Any tennis people?    Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:35 am

We got some internationals here. I can't be the only fan.... Who are your fav players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Any tennis people?    Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:08 am

Monica PUIG lol obv, Raonic but he doesn't have the all round game to challenge the likes of Djokovic. Hate Serena, hurry up and retire. Yes you're great, bye lol. Federer is a class act and happy he got his 18th major in Aus. I really like the little Slovak girl, Cibulkova. Most of them girls are 6ft or more and she's this little, gritty 5ft 2 bulldog haha she gives every shot everything she has, but that means she usually loses long matches as she runs out of steam. Have to admire her though.

Tennis season is approaching for me. I only watch it between the French open and Wimbledon, with the warm up events between them like Eastborne and Queens but that's plenty and lasts between May-July. I'm just not that in to it the rest of the year as there's other sports going on then. May-July the football season is over so it gets my full attention (apart from years when the World Cup or Euros are on).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Any tennis people?    Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Stefan Edberg was my favourite player....long ago! Haven't really followed the sport since those days
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Any tennis people?    Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:26 pm

I really loved following Monica during the Olympics it was a great story and she's pretty mediocre tbh so it made for an even better upset. The missile is probably my favorite player on the men's side too. For the women's side I like genie Bouchard and Sharapova is she ever comes back. Agreed on Serena though. She's so good but I don't like her attitude at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Any tennis people?    Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:54 pm

Lol Pete, showing your age there Razz

Yeah Serena is obnoxious but Roger is a classy champion. Always humble. I tend to focus more on the women lol yes they're nice to look at but also the match lengths. I'd rather watch 3 sets max than a 3, 4, 5 hour mens's marathon 5 setter lol. I focus more on the men's side closer to the end. They don't thrill me so much. The big name's usually have routine wins early on anyway.

I like that Konta is doing well. Nice to have a Brit on the women's side as well as the men's. Oh shit, you know who I absolutely detest? That Aussie guy, Nick Kyrgios. He is such an asshole with a real attitude problem. Always hapy when he gets beat. Dustin Brown is a hell of a lot of fun if he's in the mood. Watched him beat Nadal, I think it was last Wimbledon, maybe the year before. He comes up with some amazing shots. Not too many black tennis players with long dreadlocks on tour Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Any tennis people?    Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:47 pm

Raonic and Genie Bouchard obvs. But im still and always be the biggest Federer fan boy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Any tennis people?    Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Loonz wrote:
Raonic and Genie Bouchard obvs. But im still and always be the biggest Federer fan boy.

The Aussie open was him giving father time the middle finger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any tennis people?    

Back to top Go down

Any tennis people?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1