Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:53 pm

To give fans of Beelzebub equal time, the next theme should be satanic music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:52 am

I’ll do my rankings tonight when I get off work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:28 pm

You guys are being rude. This is Taylor's game, and he has the right to pick whatever themes he wants. He may have chosen Christian music, but he isn't trying to force his beliefs onto anyone, he just wants to listen to songs from a genre he enjoys. I don't think it's cool to make fun of people for their beliefs.

You're completely welcome to host your own game with Satanic music though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Yea no one got pissed when Cherry did dream pop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:53 pm

I only said that because I feel more of us go toward the dark side. It was supposed to be a joke and not a bash at Taylor's beliefs. It is a very hard theme for most of us, so I thought that the next theme would be easier if we had satanic music.

Last edited by modica on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
revansco

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Note that he said Christian artist. Not all the songs are super religious. Some sound or are mainstream songs...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:09 pm

revansco wrote:
Note that he said Christian artist. Not all the songs are super religious. Some sound or are mainstream songs...
I know nothing about what kind of music he was going for. All I could imagine was that music you would see on Jerry Falwell or some other holy roller. I didn't even know it was anything like that. I am definitely out of the loop. Anyway, this game was out of my area, so it was kind of good I got out early. Sorry Taylor, I did not mean to offend you. I am not like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:33 pm

You're not even in this game anymore and you're still complaining lolz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:38 pm

I am not complaining, but I just don't want Taylor to feel bad. That is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:40 pm

Haha Moandica. Worthy of the name Laughing or moany Mo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:42 pm

I like moany Mo better. king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:29 pm

revansco wrote:

Some of the artists on the list aren't even Christian (I saw at least one Muslim artist on the list, and a few who aren't particularly religious at all), but just have some Christian-themed songs. So yeah, it was actually pretty open-ended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
revansco

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:23 am

TomcatMurr wrote:
revansco wrote:

Some of the artists on the list aren't even Christian (I saw at least one Muslim artist on the list, and a few who aren't particularly religious at all), but just have some Christian-themed songs.  So yeah, it was actually pretty open-ended.

Yes. Exactly! An artist I like was on that list. Smile

Where's your rankings Taylor? Lol *anxiously awaits results*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:10 am

I have no problem with these themes. Respect should always be shown to the host, especially if they get results out in a timely manner lol.

Incidentally, I'd love to see Mo Idol Laughing

#raventowin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:37 am

EnnJaySee wrote:
I have no problem with these themes. Respect should always be shown to the host, especially if they get results out in a timely manner lol.

Incidentally, I'd love to see Mo Idol Laughing

#raventowin
I don't think so. It would be rough in more ways than one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:00 am

Haha but I like it rough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:50 am

Results tonight sorry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Just sent to Henry.

Sorry for the delay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 pm

1)Danny Gokey - RISE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJS42sKrM8c
I saw Danny Gokey back in November and it was probably the best Christian concert I’ve been to. Better than skillet. Lol anyway. I LOVE this album. It has a clear message but also has songs on it I could see crossing over to top 40. Even if you aren’t a Christian you need to check out the album if you like good music. The message is clear without pushing christianatity in your face. Anyway, I love this song, one of my favorites from the album. Great pick.

2)Randy Travis- Three Wooden Crosses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP8lCapcqwM
I love this song. When it first came out and I heard it, for the longest time I couldn’t understand the meaning of the song. It wasn’t until I got older and went to Wikipedia and realized what he meant by, “It’s what you leave behind you when you go.” A great song of faith and redemption.

3)Sevenglory-The Best is Yet To Come
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aygzB3rI2RM
I’ve never heard of this guys before. This is actually really good. When I saw the name I expected some Metalcore but no. Very pop rock which I like. Great pick.

4)Newsong-The Christmas Hope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT0uwC9QAwg
Newsong’s best known Christmas song is The Christmas Shoes. Had you sent that I would’ve felt it was very safe. But this is a pleasant surprise. Newsong is a great band with uplifting and inspirational ballads. Great job!

5)Switchfoot-Meant To Live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXcrEVFZOXs
ah. The king of “we’re Christian but not a Christian band” band. Only song I’ve really heard by them is Dare You to Move and some song that was on Air 1 in 2007. I love the lead singers voice and the lyrics are so deep and true. Great pick!

6)Five Idol Frenzy-A Flowery Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQTyjatRw5Q
I mean it’s upbeat and happy, I just don’t like Ska. Sorry.

7)Owl City - This Isn’t The End
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP6VjY4nOfI
I’ve never been a huge fan of Owl City. It’s just not my kind of music. I mean I guess the song is ok, but definately not the best of the round.  

8)The Almost-Say This Sooner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8x_1xSEsL4
Ok this really isn’t my cup of tea. I’ve never been a fan of emo or punk really except Fall Out Boy. I mean I guess it’s ok if you like that sort of stuff. But not for me

ELIMINATED

9)Van Morrison-Sweet Thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QzDWIOUnM0
I didn’t know he was a Christian. Anyway. This song just isn’t doing it for me. Sorry.  

"In closing, this was a great round? Some of you made do with the theme and sent in excellent choices. And others floundered. To the person who did send in Van Morrison. It was a not so good song in a round of a lot of good. Sorry. "

Alright those are the rankings. I will be posting elimination soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:48 pm

First place:

Spoiler:

Second place:

Spoiler:

Third Place:

Spoiler:

Fourth Place:

Spoiler:

Fifth Place:

Spoiler:

Sixth Place:

Spoiler:

Seventh Place:

Spoiler:

Eighth Place:

Spoiler:

And in last place:

Spoiler:

Sorry to see you go! Thanks for playing!

Taylor will post your next theme when he's ready. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:13 pm

T.ears my friends keep getting eliminated (and David blah ) hope I'm not next
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:38 pm

AMG! What kind of soulless monster dislikes that classic, masterpiece of a song?  It's like that picture of Dante and Beatrice ascending to heaven put to music! "And we will walk and talk in gardens all misty wet with rain - and I will never ever grow so old again!" sad

Quote :
I didn’t know he was a Christian.

Meh.  I think he considers himself more of a "freethinker", and explores lots of religions and mythologies, but Christian and Celtic especially (grew up Irish, part of the Anglican Church).  Christian mysticism has been a major theme in his music (he has entire albums devoted to it).  Not everyone on that list is Christian, btw (the guy from mewithoutYou, also on that list, is a non-denominational Muslim, etc...).  

Anyway, thanks for having me, RTF.  And good luck to everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:45 am

Tom Sad I hate to see you go Sad

Anyway time for the next theme

The theme is Songs from the Movies!!!

You have 24 hours

Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:30 pm

I like this theme too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:42 pm

Need songs from:

Neil
Rachael
Cherry
Brady

He said 24 hours so let's make deadline 9am ET.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   

Back to top Go down

RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next