Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
revansco

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Nice beating me Turner! Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:14 pm

third round in a row i go up a spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Quote :
10)T Rex-Ride A White Swan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skjvDLpeh4c
Ok I’ve never heard this before. Wtf is this? This is totally not my taste. Very corny 70s which I don’t like. I’m sorry.  [/color]

WUT?! Murr Rampage mode activated!  T. Rex, the band led by Marc Bolan, who literally invented glam rock and was probably the single biggest influence in the development of punk (basically the reasons Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Damned, etc... started making music).  Who, for a brief period in the early '70s in the UK, broke The Beatles' sales records. That song, "Ride a White Swan", ushered in glam rock (specifically the glitter-laden Top of the Pops performance of it)... opening the door for David Bowie, Lou Reed, Roxy Music, Slade, and even Elton John (who basically became super-famous after playing piano for T. Rex, mind). How is T. Rex corny but Elton John and Chicago aren't (surrealist mindfuck lyrics focused on the line between "ancient" spirituality and mass-produced modernity vs. maudlin narratives)?  wut? Love you RTF, but you're wrong here.  WRONG!  sad

T.ears!  Bye, Pete.  Respect for sending Marc!  You are my hero!  Keep a little Marc in your heart!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Good job Neil. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Murr and Pete, we just don't fit into the RTF universe. T-Rex is f@ckin' rocks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:35 pm

modica wrote:

Ha! Yeah, it's still fun. But T. Rex is fucking amazing/one of my all-time favorites (even when Bolan started sucking - Bolan's Zip Gun/Futuristic Dragon era - I still like it). Have you heard the early Tyrannosaurus Rex records? Some of the best psych-folk ever.

I considered sending Sand's "Old Loggerhead" - an 8 minute Krautrock "classic" that's basically just weird noises and weird filtered vocals. I actually thought of you while considering it... "David would be proud of this submission". Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Elton John ?!?!?!?!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:24 am

...also, pretty sure Call Me was released in 1980 lol

Best of luck to the remaining players Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:52 am

soullimbo wrote:
...also, pretty sure Call Me was released in 1980 lol

It was. February 1, 1980.

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/blondie_giorgio_moroder/call_me/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_Me_(Blondie_song)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:02 am

soullimbo wrote:
Elton John ?!?!?!?!

what is wrong with elton john?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:56 am

cooltu101 wrote:
soullimbo wrote:
Elton John ?!?!?!?!

what is wrong with elton john?

I would love to answer your question, but I fear that if I were to begin I would still be typing by the time the results for the next round are posted...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:09 am

TomcatMurr wrote:
modica wrote:

Ha!  Yeah, it's still fun.  But T. Rex is fucking amazing/one of my all-time favorites (even when Bolan started sucking - Bolan's Zip Gun/Futuristic Dragon era - I still like it).  Have you heard the early Tyrannosaurus Rex records?  Some of the best psych-folk ever.

I considered sending Sand's "Old Loggerhead" - an 8 minute Krautrock "classic" that's basically just weird noises and weird filtered vocals.  I actually thought of you while considering it... "David would be proud of this submission". Laughing

Oh yeah, that would be a great submission. Of course you would be eliminated for sending it.

Also, since Blondie's Call Me was released in 1980, shouldn't Pete get another chance? I mean he stuck with the theme and all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dana ShelbyChancey

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:17 am

I remember in about 1977 hearing Call Me, so it was made in the 70's, but perhaps it was released as a single in 1980.

Please reinstate Pete, and I will step out, because of the mishep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:19 am

There's nothing wrong with Elton John. If someone doesn't like his music, that's their opinion, but in no way is there anything wrong with his music.

Thanks David. Sorry you weren't part of the round *cough*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:54 am

there's nothing good about elton john, if anyone likes his music, that's their opinion, but his music is, always has been, and always will be......shite.

...and Dana, no need for stepping out (cracking song by Joe Jackson btw). Best of luck in the next round Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Time for your next theme

The theme is: Contemporary Christian Music.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_bands_and_artists_by_genre

Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Like...does the song have to mention Jesus/be religious? Or just any song by one of the artists linked through there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Any of the artists on the list. Though I’d try to stay away from rap/metalcorr/electronic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:52 pm

If you don't like Elton's music and think it's shite, that's an opinion lol it doesn't mean the music is in fact shite. If I said the music you loved was shite, you'd probably go into a rant lasting til the next results as you put it Laughing...the point is, if you don't like certain music, just say you don't like it (it's just not my taste), but don't say it's shite, especially when it's clearly not. How can one of the world's most famous musicians spanning over 5 decades be described as shite? Lol no, not having it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Christian Music? Thank God I got booted two rounds ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:05 pm

Why not Jewish music?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:37 pm

EnnJaySee wrote:
If you don't like Elton's music and think it's shite, that's an opinion lol it doesn't mean the music is in fact shite. If I said the music you loved was shite, you'd probably go into a rant lasting til the next results as you put it Laughing...the point is, if you don't like certain music, just say you don't like it (it's just not my taste), but don't say it's shite, especially when it's clearly not. How can one of the world's most famous musicians spanning over 5 decades be described as shite? Lol no, not having it.

lol if you said the music I liked was shite, I really couldn't care less ! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all . Just like I couldn't care less when RTF slated t.rex. Did I go on some rant about that? no. I merely pointed out that, in my opinion (which I'm allowed) , Elton John is shite. The fact that he's been going for 5 decades has nothing to do with it lol, I mean, Cliff Richard has been going for 7 decades, does that mean he's even better than Elton John in your eyes ?

I like The Beatles / Blondie / Talking Heads / The Clash / The Jam / Otis Redding
Go ahead, slate them off at your heart's content lol , I couldn't give a flying fuck

Back to top Go down
View user profile
revansco

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:36 pm

This should be an interesting round... sent! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:34 am

Just waiting on Neil.

Please send backups in case your first song is taken. Thx.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Songs sent. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)   

Back to top Go down

RTF’s musical chairs (First theme posted)
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next