HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
modica

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:59 pm

I knew Pete sent The Jam in the previous round. Only me, Murr or Pete would; and I am not playing and Murr hasn't been around for months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:32 pm

rofl @ the two other hosts of musical chairs in the final two <3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:01 pm

<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Congrats Henry & Cherry you two went from early bottom 3 to final 2. Henry you’ve become the main contender for the win since you’ve gotten top song 4 times. Cherry, you’re the underdog lol.

This final round will be 5 themes. Each theme will have a winner and whoever wins the most themes out of 5 will be the winner.

Theme #1 - Beatles Covers
I’m not a huge Beatles fan but they have decent covers. Send any cover by the Beatles and please don’t send anything acoustic. I’d prefer a professional cover.

Theme #2 - Justin Timberlake
Just heard he’s doing the Super Bowl so might as well give him a theme. Send any JT, no *NSYNC.

Theme #3 - Soda Stereo
This is my favorite Latin rock band and I only wish more people here knew about them. Send any Soda Stereo song except “La Ciudad De La Furia” and “De Musica Ligera” since those are their biggest and my favorite songs.

Theme #4 - Fruits
This one is just random. Send a song that has a fruit in the title or the lyrics. Please make sure it’s an actual fruit and not a vegetable.

Theme #5 - ”I like this!” (but I think you will like it too!)

I’m gonna steal this one from Henry. Send me a song, from any genre, that you love and you think I will like too. Only 1 rule: it has to be a song that you think I've never listened to before. You have no idea of knowing what I’ve never listened to but try your best.

Send your songs to Merriska and good luck. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:34 pm

lol some acoustic covers ARE professional, bro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:14 am

Cherry wrote:
lol some acoustic covers ARE professional, bro

I meant acoustic as in someone who recorded themselves on their phones playing their guitar trying to be indie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Songs sent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:04 am

Its all come down to this. Good luck ladies.

Soda Stereo

"Persiana Americana"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygJg7htu5Co
Okay so you sent their most known song imo not counting the ones I banned. lol Believe it or not this was the first Soda Stereo song I ever listened to before I started getting in their other music. I'm so glad I did because PA was only a fraction of their great discography. An excellent choice for this round.

"Algun Dia"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkWKX7EPzf8
I feel like such a fraud claiming to be a big Soda fan but not really knowing this song. DEAD. I know this is a Queen cover from the latin rock Queen compilations so its not part of their albums so don't blame me. I'm not familiar with the original queen song so to me this is brand new. Its not bad but I know they have alot better to offer.

Winner:
Spoiler:

Justin Timberlake

"My Love"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB2E3BhEbc0
This is one of JT's best songs without a doubt. I wasn't expecting much with this theme since I just through it at the last minute due to the super bowl but I cant deny his old songs were jams. Ah i miss the good old times.

"Like I Love You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ3slUz7Jo8
Maybe JT wasn't a bad choice for the Super Bowl after all. I had forgoten he actually had decent songs back in the day. These days its all about " Cant Fight This Feeling" which would've been suicide to send in this round. I can't decide which song from this theme I like best now. :/

Winner:
Spoiler:

Beatles Covers

Michael Jackson - Come Together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubR9cXWkXv8
How awkward that you both sent a cover of Come Together. This was the most original version of the song but sometimes original doesn't mean better. This version was too 80s remixed and pop-y. Then MJ started singing random lyrics in the later half of the song. No disrespect to the king but it was just an okay cover.

Arctic Monkeys - Come Together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ZOVmuxnsQ
If you prefer a cover closer to the original than you'll prob prefer this. I kind of wish you both had sent a different Beatles song each cause now im deciding whether to go for originally or this version which sounds like the classic.

Winner:
Spoiler:

Fruits

Pearl Jam - Jeremy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA
At some point in these idol games I've said I hated or was never into Pearl Jam but you guys love them so I'm use to listening to them now. I guess its weird because i listen to similar bands but imo I just hate the lead singers voice. This song wasn't too bad and I feel Ive heard it before somewhere.

Glass Animals - Pork Soda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RkJhJcfOnc
I have no idea what I was thinking when I made this theme lol but using words for themes brings out the best in yall. Just wanna point out this is my favorite new song of the round and im already getting tempeted to download this.

Winners:
Spoiler:

I Like This (but you might like it too)

Royksopp - Running To The Sea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaGpdhienMk
I'm gonna give praise to the singers sweet yet powerful voice. It was very memsmerizing and suited the electronic beat that went along with it. Its weird how sad the lyrics sound but you cant even tell cause you feel like you're at a rave.

Laura Marling - False Hope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-NjF9RuhOw
Doesn't the singer sound like Florence Welch? Maybe Im going crazy or i might be tired. What I know I'm definitely not crazy for is this song. Maybe you took the "i like this" part and forgot about the "maybe you'll like it too" part.

Winner:
Spoiler:

And thats it, now we wait for Merriska to make the reveals. Thanks Henry & Cherry for a great season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:23 am

I won't spoil which songs I sent, I just want to say two things:

One, I picked the Soda Stereo song all by myself so...no idea what it was about lolz. And two, I legit almost sent her cover of Across the Universe. I knew you liked it! But you sent it to me in one of my games once and I always feel like it's a cop out to send people things they've sent me before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:09 pm

The winner of round 1 is...
Spoiler:

The winner of round 2 is...
Spoiler:

The winner of round 3 is....
Spoiler:

The winner of round 4 is....
Spoiler:

It all comes down to the last song.

Having won 3 of the 5 rounds, the winner of Iraheto/Javi's Musical Chairs is....

Spoiler:

Congratulations Henry, you've pulled off what 9 others couldn't. Thank you so much for joining and adding your flair and thank you again for creating this space where we could do these in the first place

And of course thank you also to Cherry, you shouldn't be disappointed in yourself at all. with your massive catalogue of not so well known but obviously very well-received hits, you also did amazing. And now I'll hand it over to Javi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Yay!!!

And good job Cherry too. I had no idea how most of my submissions would do. I was afraid the first one would get called too safe (was kind of right? lol) Not a big fan of JT but I did like the song I sent. I thought Javi would love the MJ song but I guess he did but not that much? Laughing The last two themes were probably the ones that had me worried the most.

Thanks for hosting Javi and Merriska!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:32 pm

I was about to hit sent and vote for the arctic monkeys over MJ but I switched last minute. Congrats Henry, I gave you the win you didn’t give me. Sad

Sorry Churro

And thank you so much Merriska for helping me out and being so patient.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:05 am

Haha I love how close it was, congrats Henry!

Javi, I wasn't sure if you'd like the Laura Marling song or not, but I wanted to send a female artist and she was the first one to pop into my head that I like and I thought you had a chance at enjoying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Just heard that Wye Oak song in an episode of Quantico.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Iraheto wrote:
I was about to hit sent and vote for the arctic monkeys over MJ but I switched last minute. Congrats Henry, I gave you the win you didn’t give me. Sad

Sorry Churro

And thank you so much Merriska for helping me out and being so patient.

Any time, it was fun. I like how some rounds the results were posted at 4am and for some reason everyone was up to piece together who was out Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:18 pm

I think it was in the Walking Dead too. I don't watch that show, but I think I discovered the song ages ago when I was looking for a Walking Dead theme in someone's game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:44 pm

Congrats Henry Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)   

Back to top Go down

Iraheto’s Musical Chairs (ROUND 8)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6