Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:04 pm

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/12/survivor-jeff-probst-fiji/

I personally don't really care cuz I cannot remember the last time they did not film at a beach location, but I do hope that if this is gonna end up being the case, they come up with better subtitles than Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustler and

Spoiler:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:45 pm

It doesn't bother me, but it would be nice to have some variety.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:04 pm

How lazy and his whole “the world has changed since we started” excuse is such a cop out. The real reason is MONEY, they make and save more money by just recycling the same location over and over but honestly it’s just boring. There’s still so many great locations they’ve yet to do but it looks like Probst is just over it and just wants to get his paycheck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:08 pm

part of me understands why, its a big ass show to trek around the world and everything, the only thing i fear is that if they stay in fiji forever we will get constant theme seasons, which in my opinion will signal the end.

honestly after game changers, it was so bad that i feel that 40 will be the last season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:09 pm

you can only get so many themes before it starts just getting ridiculous,

survivor holy war - christians vs catholic vs jewish
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 am

I'd say I'm surprised but I'm really not. Survivor has been disappointing us for a good few years now, some ups but more downs so it isn't a surprise. It annoys me now. It's like having a friend you see too much and they just become annoying, every little thing they do, even breathing pisses you off lol. It's like that with this show now, every stupid thing they do, cast, bad twists, stuck in the same location etc winds me up.

Like many, seeing the new location was part of the excitement. Then it became back to back in the same location which was fine but now this? Lol no. I'm bored of that location. You start to notice things like that rock that sticks up and looks like a person doing the finger or that circular sand island they have some challenges on. It's in the cast video for this season. It's BORING to see the same place over and over but looks like we're stuck with it which means we're stuck with themes from here on out. I expect they will get more and more ridiculous (as if this one isn't tacky enough).

I'm thankful to at least have Australian Survivor now. You should give it a shot if you haven't already. You get used to a different host but it's basically the same. There's idols, twists and all the usual game play. They just did the mutiny twist. Merge is coming next, MERRISKA, still waiting on your merge division predictions! Laughing

Fuck Probst, he makes bad decisions then tries to justify them with bullshit reasons. We're not dumb, we know it's about money and convenience. The world has changed lol not as many places to go, um HELLO? Fiji is in the South Pacific. There are tonnes of islands just like it to use. Marshall Islands, French Polynesia. Solomon Islands. These are just off the top of my head. Don't give us that baloney lol. Such a cop out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:15 am

WCW wrote:
survivor holy war - christians vs catholic vs jewish

though Catholics are actually Christians... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:37 am

I wouldn't watch a religious season. RI and SP were bad enough with all the God references by Matt and Coach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:15 am

I agree, there are specific issues that'd better stay untouched (Democrats vs. Republicans, Christians vs. Muslims)

Though I did like the White Collar vs. Ble Collar vs. Red Collar and the Millenials vs. Gen X

Like I was thinking that if we had a Survivor season in my office how we would get divided etc...

How would you guys feel about a Heroes vs. Villains II? I would like one, though I am not sure that there have been villains or heroes who haven't played more than once (e.g. Abi Maria would be an obvious villain, Jeremy would be an obvious hero, etc.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:17 am

or winners vs first ones out, where Francesca gets out first for the third time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 am

H v V II would be welcome. There are plenty from both sides in the season since the original and if they were short, they could fabricate a few reasons for some like they did for Candice and a few others.

Winners vs first out is a bad idea. They're first out for a reason, they suck lol. It'd be massively one sided, a bit like fans vs favourites, the faves have dominated both times because they have experiencce of the game, now imagine winners vs first boots. They have a clear advantage. There has to be less of a gap between sides.

Have mentioned this before but I'd love a loved ones season. Think of all the loved ones who have been on for 1 episode, sometimes to take part in the challenge with the players, sometimes just going on reward with them. All the brothers, sisters, mums, dads, cousins etc connected to players we know. I think it's be so much fun. Then when it comes to the loved ones episode, the former players come out as the loved ones. It'd be great and there's not a fan who wouldn't enjoy it. It also throws up scenarios such as "Oh I really liked Adam but his cousin annoys me" lol and "I hate Michaela as you all know but I really like her brother and he's a good player" Laughing

Survivor Family Ties? Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:07 pm

I know game changers was originally winners vs finalists vs pre jury so i am hoping they do some form of this theme

either winners vs finalists or just an all star season of all finalists i think would be cool.

if it stays in fiji, it stays in fiji, the only thing i hope for is that if/when it does get cancelled they do a super epic final season, pull out all the stops with who to bring back, maybe expand the cast to 22 or 24 (and do a palau type elim on day 1).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:47 am

I have this bad feeling the final season they'll bring back all the big names we've seen 10,000 times and that wouldn't do it for me.  I really couldn't care less. Parvati, BR, Cirie, Amanda, Sandra. You might as well call it Heroes Vs Villains again Laughing who else? Probably Malcolm, Tony.

The best way to end would be an all winners season but not just obvious and recent winners like Sandra, Parvati, Rob, Sarah and so on. Adam of course lol. Try to get some old skoolers like Chris, Earl, Amber, Danni, Yul etc, or to widen the pool, have winners and runners up but DON'T separate them that way, mix them from the beginning and no shitty runners up like PHILLIP. Kill me now. Have good runners up who were close to winning or were robbed. Aubry probably lol, NO TAI. Lots of choices, but they always make bad or questionable choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:20 am

There are a few real options for Themes

They could do a season with tribes divided by regional location. It’d be nice to see a season called Survivor Heroes which would be people with jobs like Police Officers, Firefighters, Cancer Survivors, etc.

Millennial vs Gen X vs Dumbass 18 year olds who don’t know how to pronounce Marlboro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?   

Back to top Go down

Probst wants Survivor to stay in Fiji forever...thoughts?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum for the IMDb Games community :: Other :: TV Talk-
Jump to: