Share | 

Forum Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Forum Suggestions   Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:46 pm

If you all have ideas on what you would like to see, post them here. I am just the admin but I'll take all suggestions (new areas etc etc)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:53 pm

I wonder if Dan would do his horror reviews on here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:35 pm

A music section of course
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:08 pm

It might be difficult (lots of work) but it would be nice to have a spot to migrate game histories from the official profile forum over to here. Everyone could move over/update their own games if they wanted instead of relying on just a couple people to keep it up to date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:49 pm

I think there are so many games missing on that site though. I think that site should just keep the games that happened on IMDb. ANd then someone can start a brand new one on some other site.

Back to top Go down
RobertsFilm

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:05 pm

In order for the forum and this community not to slowly and inevitably die, we have to find a way to recruit new people over time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:29 pm

My last lsquared game,  I was able to get half a dozen or so from Reddit to sign up. There seems to on be an active community there at r/OnlineSurvivor (I know mas_bond has used it too). I could never get anyone to sign up and play on imdb from there. Maybe just having this forum for people to sign up with instead of a movie site will make it easier to recruit from elsewhere (rtf's Facebook group, other forums, reddit, etc).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:42 am

Merriska wrote:
I wonder if Dan would do his horror reviews on here.

Yeah he plans on making the thread. He's just been too lazy to sign up <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Is anyone else having issues with the message editing features, like adding pictures, font color, etc etc? I could do it before but now I can't. Wondering if the problem is with Firefox. I don't use Chrome so not sure if that's happening with that browser too or only Firefox.
Back to top Go down
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:42 am

I haven't tried that stuff out yet but I use Firefox as well so I'll check when I get home
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rockstar-09

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:23 pm

A section for video games. I know there are some gamers on the board and it'd be cool having a place to talk about new video games and old school ones too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:29 pm

I could make one.

Edit: Scratch that, I can't make a new section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:23 pm

I doubt anyone agrees but I think it would feel more like IMDb if there weren't different sub forums. Like I know it makes sense to have them cus not everyone cares about sports for instance but I feel like a lot of threads will get overlooked this way. On IMDb we just had our one board so we would see every thread and sometimes read them out of curiosity and jump into the discussion. Or maybe have like one sub forum for games and one for off topic discussion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesseRebel

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:29 pm

No I like the sub boards... I just look at the corner and see the most recent time it got commented on...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Firebolt102890 wrote:
I doubt anyone agrees but I think it would feel more like IMDb if there weren't different sub forums. Like I know it makes sense to have them cus not everyone cares about sports for instance but I feel like a lot of threads will get overlooked this way. On IMDb we just had our one board so we would see every thread and sometimes read them out of curiosity and jump into the discussion. Or maybe have like one sub forum for games and one for off topic discussion?

Completely agree. I just prefer one long list of threads to browse and click on whatever ones strike my interest, just like IMDb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:32 pm

i used to play on other games: trivia board. just wondering if anybody would want to play those type of games. prob need a sub forum for it though as every new game is usually a new thread.

we can just have the movie connections and actor connections maybe. how it works is the creator of the thread will think of a movie. then another poster will post a movie and the creator needs to find a connection between the two. then everyone will have cumulatively 20 guesses or if not the creator wins. the person who guess correctly will get a point for winning and then gets to create another thread with a new movie in mind. same works for the actor connection but you have to specify whether it's an actor or actress in the title.

don't really see much of you there so prob guess not much takers but just posting here in case there are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Firebolt102890 wrote:

I was thinking this too and thought I was the only one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:41 am

I like the way it's organized now but I can experiment later with this and see how it looks.
Back to top Go down
dnashobviously

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:37 am

I agree I'm so lazy I hate clicking on all the divisions trying to find places to talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:41 am

Yeah and it's easy to miss threads this way. They can get lost in all the sub sections and it's tiresome going in and out of them all. I'm all for one main section or two as was suggested (one for games, one for everything else).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HarleyStodden

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:31 am

Quote :
In order for the forum and this community not to slowly and inevitably die, we have to find a way to recruit new people over time.

I can smell a rebrand...new era lets leave IMDb's name the way they left us in the dust.

Henry has done a good job though tbh and he acted quickly. So praise for that.

But yeah, we should start thinking of different names. We could gradually built into a bigger community if we make it less exclusive.

I guess in a way it would be kind of down to the host to recruit new players? If I was to do another Scream Queens game I would go to some horror boards or something...idk

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:45 pm

I kind of like the way it is now too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:15 pm

I agree with Nat, I think Henry's done a great job, and he was on the ball while the rest of us were still in shock, to actually create this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Nobody is saying it's bad lol, there's just too many folders to click in and out of. It's easier if there is just a list and you browse down it, but I don't care either way lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:25 pm

It'll make finding threads easier in the long run if they are categorized. If it's all in one section, threads will be pushed down or pushed to another page, which you're going to have to click as well. Sub forums also give people a reason to talk about certain topics. No one was making what shows are you binge watching threads or tennis threads on our old IMDb board. If I wanted to talk about video games on the old board, I would have had to look through all those pages to find the thread. On this forum, I just have to click on the sub forum and the thread is right there at the top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   

Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next