Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Thu May 25, 2017 1:10 am

I didn't bother watching the reunion, maybe I'll watch tomorrow, but probably won't bother.

Ugh, Brad had a really bad edit for the final episode, like super over the top cocky. Like...idk, was he like that all along and got edited really well, or like, did he just get cocky at the end? Either way, it seemed super obvious that Sarah would beat him when they showed it all. I am still kind of meh on Sarah, but I will admit she was great at the final TC. I love the new format too, a discussion is so much better.

I lolzed so hard at final five when Troyzan was like I THINK I CAN BEAT ANY OF THEM. I was like wtf dude, you're going to get 0 votes, everyone knows it except you. I was pleasantly surprised to see him handle everything so well though. He's kind of weird, sometimes he seems super likable, and other times you're rolling your eyes at him.

Ugh, Brad. Based on Henry's post, I'm guessing Jeff asked who would win if Tai went to finals and the answer was split? I think Brad would have won. I do think Tai would have actually gotten votes, but I feel like between Brad giving a relatively good tribal performance and Tai frustrating people with the flip flopping, plus not being very articulate in general, Brad would have pulled through. I was kind of rolling my eyes at him when he decided to vote Tai out. YEAH, OKAY BRAD. TOTALLY VOTE OUT THE GUY WHO MADE IT TO FINALS ONCE BEFORE AND GOT ZERO VOTES AND KEEP THE GIRL WHO VOTED THE RIGHT WAY EVERY SINGLE TIME, THAT'S TOTALLY GOING TO WORK OUT FOR YOU.

At least he and Monica are twins though <3

The Cirie thing was sad to watch, but I knew it was coming. There were so many idol-type things floating around that it seemed like a possibility that someone could leave by default, and it definitely was fascinating to watch, but it sucks that it happened to Cirie and not some irrelevant. Btw, I will give props to Troyzan for being smart enough to play his idol once everyone else did. I think he realized that if he didn't, there would be a revote between him and Cirie, and anything could happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Thu May 25, 2017 8:23 am

You should watch the reunion, i thought it was pretty decent. I think they didn't talk to Ciera, Tony, Caleb, Hali, Debbie, and Andrea. BUT THEY TALKED TO SIERRA AND MALCOLM!! Laughing

The part with Zeke/Varner was so ugh though....they both seemed over it. But noooo Jeff wanted to talk about it Rolling Eyes

I think after this messy season, I need to learn to keep my expectations low for any new season from now on. I did that for Millennials vs Gen X and I was so into it, because I wasn't expecting much, but it was such a good season. So I dont know what made me have high expectations this time, the cast was like 30% good players, and 70% flops. Should have known better Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Thu May 25, 2017 9:44 am

I've known Sarah was the winner based on spoilers I saw months ago. I was hoping they were wrong but the obvious winner edit she got didn't help. Overall this season was really good and lived up to its "Game Changers" theme but I preferred the first half over the second half.

I don't even wanna see Michaela back ever again though. Such an irritating child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Thu May 25, 2017 10:00 am

Btw how did everyone feel about the Q&A tribal council this season? Seems like how most juries work in online games here lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Thu May 25, 2017 10:14 am

I already mentioned that I loved it, I feel like it's way more interesting and I love the open discussion format of it. I read somewhere, and I agree with this, that this new format could also backfire if MR EXECUTIVE PRODUCER JEFF PROBST feels like the discussion is not going in his favorite's direction and he can intervene more in this format. I hope he doesn't do that, but I saw hints of it last night when he tried to keep talking to Ozzy and Debbie and make them talk more about how awesome CULPEPPER was. Even if it actually never affects the outcome, it's still annoying to have the host get involved too much.
Back to top Go down
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Thu May 25, 2017 10:39 am

Oops I didn't see it but I'm glad you liked it too. I'd assume this will be the new standard for final tribal councils but we'll see next season. What I do like is that it gets rid of those annoying self centered jury members who don't ask any questions and just make a speech about themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Thu May 25, 2017 12:45 pm

Yeah, I saw Sophie and Fishbach talking about the downside of it. Sophie said she wouldn't have won with the format.

Although we obviously only saw a small portion, so they could have just been trying to make it look close between the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Thu May 25, 2017 2:53 pm

I will jump right in with my take on the new jury format. Didn't like it in parts. The main one being when a finalist makes a comment and you get 3 or 4 jurors errupting into obnoxious laughter like SHUT THE FUCK UP, that really pissed me off. Sarah spoke and fucking irrelevant Debbie and Ozzy burst out laughing so no, I'm not a fan of it to be honest. It's fine if jurors respect the finalists, but too many jurors are bitter and just laugh obnoxiously when you are trying to plead your case. It very much reminded me of our final tribals Laughing people just jumping in when they want and laughing etc. There's no structure to it. I get why some may like it but I hope it was a one off. I see no problem with the old format, each juror has their moment, they can say what they want to say and everybody else can watch and listen. That's fair.

I also think they need to scrap final 3s, or at least vastly reduce their occurance because how often do you get a F3 when some poor shit has to sit there and get basically ignored? How embarrassing must that have been for Troyzan and how shitty must he have felt? He handled it well at the end though. Scrap F3s, go back to F2s. They just work better, unless you have a clear winner and a goat but whatever, F3s suck.

Now I have to say this was the weirdest finale for me ever in that I totally flipped on who I was backing LMAO. Brad, WHAT A FUCKING DOUCHE. We never saw this side to him all season. I was never a big fan, but he was my preferred choice over others, until the finale. I found his treatment of Tai to be completely disusting and that's putting it lightly. I just wanted to hug Tai and tell him he's better than that prick. The stress he caused that poor man, reduing him to tears by bullying him, threatening him and acting liek almight God himself. FUCK YOU BRAD CULPEPPER, lmao I said it. Revolting. I was fully backing Sarah (who I am still not fussed on), but she truly played the best game.

If fucking morons like Debbie and Ozzy are behind Brad, you know Sarah's the rightful winner. Debbie has already shown to be a bitter bitch by refusing to vote Aubry to win when she rightfully deserved to. Didn't wok this time. Suck on it you creepy, delusional mentalist. I don't understand their argument that somehow winning 5 immunities is more impressive than playing the game. A good winner DOESN'T NEED IMMUNITIES to stay in the game. He knew and we all knew without them, he was gone 3 or 4 votes ago. It was Mike whats his face all over again. Sarah didnl't need them  because she PLAYED THE GAME and played it well. Game comes first. Immunity is what you need when your game FAILS as Brad's game failed when Sarah took control by voting out Debbie, and stop fucking calling him Culpepper, Jeff. He is no legend.

Umm, what else. Oh the Cirie vote, very sad but really nice and I have a new found respect for her. I still in no way wish to see her grace another season lol but she is withotu doubt one of the legends of the game. Maybe a legends season? Lol no, but it was a historical tribal and you have to give her big respect. I have to add I wasn't comfortable watching Sarah basically yell at her after the Michaela vote. It's like, you can;t yell at her, it's Cirie lol she's a legend and whatever you think of what she did, you have to keep control when talking to her because she sure as shit wouldn;t yell no matter what the situation so F U Sarah lol enjoy your win though. Bye.

Aubry <3 without doubt my favourite female player. Just love how she handles herself. Oh and to echo Javi, please, never put us through seeing Felicia ever again.

That's really all I have to say. I hope for a much better season next time around. I am so over being confused at votes and tryign to work out what the hell happened and please ban being able to get up off your seat at tribal and talk to people because it's super annoying. They won't though, Jeff thinsk it's amazing and "live" which it is but it has to be made clear to us what is happening.

Sorry, this turned out longer than I intended it to. Props to anyone who reads it all lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Thu May 25, 2017 3:37 pm

LOL the preview for next season, the guy at the end reminds me of the skinny guy in Road Trip. I dunno his real name. I can't even recall the character but you'll know who I mean if you've seen the movie Laughing he seems funny and I like diversity. I don't want all one type. You want a bit of everything. Hope it's a good season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Fri May 26, 2017 10:42 am

so random for Jeff to bring up the tie vote, my question is when would they break that tie?

they cant do it at the live reunion cause the 3rd place tie break would see all the confessionals, and they cant announce the 3rd placer at location cause then we would have a good idea of who would win.

so i think it would work like this:

all jury members vote, jeff comes back and says there is a tie and thats it, and then every finalist has to submit a vote for a winner IF they were the third place person and then at finale they would only read the third place persons vote, and then ignore the other votes, its the only way to keep the winner secret on location and keep the integrity
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Fri May 26, 2017 10:51 am

I was confused at first when I read what you said but now I get it. So if it was 5-5 this season between Brad and Tai, Jeff would not say that and just make Brad, Tai and Troyzan all vote for a finalist and that's it? I like this a lot actually, as long as talking to each other at tribal like it's the norm now is BANNED. The finalists CANNOT talk to each other.

I mean if that happened this season, the finalists, or at least Brad, would know that Troy voted for him and he won. But as long as they somehow keep us wondering who Troy is gonna vote for (give us more scenes of Troy and Tai talking, etc etc) then it's at least gonna be a surprise for the viewers.

I still need to know what would happen if it's a 4-4-2 tie. or a 3-3-3 tie with a 9 person jury Laughing
Back to top Go down
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Fri May 26, 2017 11:11 am

They probably make them vote in secret in the event of a tie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Fri May 26, 2017 1:45 pm

I assume this is reunion talk. I didn't watch it either. Simple solution, go back to final 2s with odd number jury lol the way it should be. I hate the idea of a possible tied final vote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Sun May 28, 2017 4:10 pm

i think in the case of 4-4-2, the 3rd placer would still cast 1 sole remaining vote,

i read on entertainment weekly that if a tie vote happened it would happen on location and thats all he said, but to keep it secret you need to make it seem that each finalist is the 3rd placer in order to keep some drama.

and i dont think a 3-3-3 would ever happen, very rarely do we get 2 adequate finalists, let alone 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   Sun May 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Who cares about the event of a tie? Lol can we get some better editors please? Laughing I seriously think lowly Survivor NZ has a much better edit. Much more even spread of time. They've got to do a better job at making the winner less obvious (or ruling out certain people). Every season we're like "oh such and such isn't winning based on their edit" and that to me is just so so poor. They always say they want to tell a story of the season, but most of the time their story is certained around a handful of individuals and others get left out, thus making it obvious they have no shot at winning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?   

Back to top Go down

Which Survivor: Game Changers Castaway Are You?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14