Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Apparently the two moms weren't aligned at all and barely talked. I feel lied to Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:26 pm

If you're someone like Katrina, a woman in her mid-40s, surely you know your age is a mark against you from the off. It shouldn't be, but it is. Early on, every fan knows that women, physically weak men and the older generation are most at risk. It's the danger time for those sorts of people. That's just the stage of the game we begin at. Teams (for the most part) want to keep physical strength to have the best shot in these challenges. Katrina was by no means a weak link, but on that team, she probably was one of the two weakest (with Chrissy) but shouldn't you go in at the start, realise that and look to form an alliance? Show what you can offer (she was an Olympic swimmer, hugely beneficial for water challenges), work hard at camp, show your worth and just maybe they'd have voted off Chrissy instead. Ok, the twist would have F-ed that up lol but surely that was the play.

Look at Denise from the Philippines, a woman over 40, on a team of 6 just like Katrina, but she was bloody good in the challenges and most of all what aided her was aligning with the strongest player on the team. Now, I don't know about being there but the stand out person on that team seems to be Ben. The one everyone gets on with and everyone wants to work with. Had Katrina got close to him, she might have survived that vote. I'd rather have seen Chrissy leave. Her social game must have saved her from being the target after being sick at the challenge. Usually, that's all people would need for a first boot. I don't like that that's basically what got her the super idol, being weak, but it's the obvious move for Ryan to make, the give it to someone he thinks might get the boot and keep them weaker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:29 pm

She might have been doing all that, we'll never really know since she only had one confessional.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:21 pm

I know the editors and Probst are trying to make the male players "happen" but the strongest gameplay seems to be coming from the women so far. Ali <3 Chrissy <3 Ashley <3 Lauren <3

Also, why is Ryan getting 10+ confessionals per episode, and especially this one, since he's not really relevant to the events of that episode? Ugh. At least with David it was different because he was rootable? I don't know if that's a word lol. Ryan kind of gives me Cochran 2.0 vibes and that was a messy time for this show.

edit talk:

Spoiler:

I just knew as soon as I saw the pre-game stuff that Simone was going to be the first one out, and I was (kinda) right. First one out of her tribe!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Simone was an angel Sad. How could the others vote off such a beautiful soul? I like Patrick (fun <3) too so it was upsetting to see it come down between the two of them. Ali and Patrick's college alliance <3. Lauren vs Patrick is going to be life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:55 pm

LOL I don't know if I would be able to stand someone like Patrick, especially if I am tired and hungry. Laughing

But yass @ Lauren vs. Patrick.
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Pretty basic early episode. Who we thought would go early pre game, left early. Patrick is just stupid to act like that. Couldn't have blamed anyone if he left, but at the same time in a team of 6, you have to keep the challenge players or you could get "Matsinged", is that even a term? Lol.

I said pre game that all the strong players seem to be women, and it's proving to be the case. I don't have much else to say. Joe getting an idol, whoopie. Ken and Barbie out fishing, whoopie. At least we didn't see much of that loud mouth Alan this week.

Lol at the previews for this show literally ALWAYS being annoying. Ok so the golden couple now want to get rid of Joe BECAUSE HE HAS AN IDOL? How about WORK with the person who has an idol because, um, THERE ARE TWO OTHER TEAMS IN THE GAME and you could use that idol against them? Fucking morons, seriously. Align with the person who has the idol and use it against another alliance from the other teams down the line. Only shitty players want to remove the threat of an idiol early on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Legit probably the first "blindside" in my opinion that truly shocked me since Michaela in Millennials vs. GenX (yes I am not counting any of the Game Changers boots because, reasons)

It was all pointing to a Lauren boot, I even kept rolling my eyes at the Ali confessionals and Ryan/Devon convos thinking about voting Patrick, I am like, OK SURE WHATEVER JUST VOTE OUT LAUREN ALREADY GEEEZ.

The look on Patrick's face as the second vote for him was read <333 someone find a gif please.

I am digging this season already. Game changers was such a strategic mess and the pacing was horrible. But this season feels like it's moving at a very smooth pace. Some people are getting ROBBED of screentime (where's ROARK????) but except for Ryan, the people that are getting the attention are...likable? Like, I like Jessica and Cole, I like Lauren, I like Ali...AND CAMP LIFE SCENES, GUYS!!!! Last season we only got what, the goat scene with Sandra? lol

RIP Patrick's ass.
Back to top Go down
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 am

i was actually expecting lauren to be booted out and then, bam patrick's 2nd vote. i was actually happy lauren stayed. she's definitely no doormat lol.

and i'm going to talk bout edit, because there was so much shots of ali at TC even before she was talking. at first i assume it was cos she going to be much important but i also get it because of the blindside.

people talk bout a player blindside and a viewers blindside, this was definitely both.

and wow, early shuffle. wonder if it's into two or three tribes. will be interesting if it's three tribes since it has not been done in a US version, not sure bout others.

interesting to see them set up those screentime for the hustlers. more importantly, it was interesting to hear jessica's perspective and oh boy, for a minute, i thought she was gonna be the one booted out if they lose cos of the screentime lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Pretty standard episode. Patrick is an idiot. I wasn't sad to see him go. I wanted to like him but he was a fool. Happy for Lauren. I hate to see obvious early boots. People ho don't physially fit in and such. It's just boring, she fought her corner well and deserved to stay.

The lovers story is so boring. She's a virgin? Lol the second Cole finds out, he'll lose interest. It's just so bleh, who cares? Two hot people fancy each other, I don't watch Survivor for that. Then he goes and blabs the info they have BEFORE THEY'VE LOST THE CHALLENGE, a very basic rule, don't give up your information until you need to. At least the girl (I can't even rememeber her name) knew that. Again, a strong indicator that the female players are stroneger than the male. It's going to be so boring for the likes of me if all the women dominate and are the ones left at the end. The men suck, I can only really credit Ryan (and Devon seems good and is with him), plus maybe Mike and Ben. That's literally it. I like JP, he's a good guy but all people say is how he doesn't have a clue what's going on whih sucks. Joe tossing food away, moaning, that provocatve personality of his, ugh, just awful.

An early mix up will be good. Hopefully split the couple up. 15 left, maybe 3 tribes of 5 or 2 tribes of 7 plus one exile or some twist of sorts. Likely if it's two teams they'll be blue and yellow with the red getting tossed, maybe have the exiled person go to their camp by themselves. Whatever, hopefully it's a good divide, but wouldn't hold my breath. Probably another random one (when was the last tiem they let the players pick alternatively?) Just pull rocks to see who are captains, then they each pick a person, then that person picks a person and so on. That way you end up with pretty even sides physically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 pm

I think it will be similar to how koah rong did it. With someone being left out and going to the third beach by themselves. Might do red and blue tribes cause yellow idok was found and they want all the idols found
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:54 am

Yeah, good point. All I remember is Jeff saying this season starts off pretty routinely, then hits a point and really kicks in. I just hope it's a good kind of crazy and not a Game Changers crazy.

I just want to see some good play. The bad play irritates me and I get really pissy Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Jessica low-key running this game <3 I am here for it (not really sure I see the logic in cancelling Devon's vote instead of a hero vote but ok)

Ryan finally not hogging all the screen time <3 Lauren being safe <3 That lulzy idol play <3 Alan leaving <3

Good episode. Jeff said in pre-game stuff that the game really gets crazy towards the end, but these first few episodes have been anything but boring, so if what he said is true, maybe this season has potential to be one of the best.
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:11 pm

I don't wanna moan yet again but, it's just so meh in my opinion. That idol play did nothing for me. He's an idiot, an unlikeable prick got rid of another unlikeable prick. I didn't give a shit which of them left Laughing I'm just sad for Ashley and Devon, who are actually likeable. I could see Desi breaking ties with that moron next time they have to vote.

Worst of all was Barbie getting the advantage and managing to keep all the healers in, just fuck off. Some people are just blessed in life, not only did she get her boyfriend on the same team,but gets an advantage too. It was pretty funny when Ken shot his load yet again, spunking the info everywhere, he just can't control himself. The season is full of idiot males, which makes me unhappy.  Anyway when they lose, I see one of them leaving.

Lol at "potential to be one of the best". I will....eat this rock if it turns out to be the case.

I'm asking myself why is it that we can pick out certain players that we know will go far? It's poor production is what that is. Why do we know this? We shouldn't know.We know because of editing, once again and because of what is said pre season. As veteran viewers we can pick people out we have a pretty good idea will go deep into the game. For me it's Ryan, Ali, Ben, Chrissy, Desi, Mike. That's 6 people I feel fairly confident will all make merge. In fact I think the winner will come from that group. I know this because of editing and how these people are presented. Ok I'll stop moaning lol but the editing of this show is awful.

We can already at this early stage rule out some people from winning: Joe, JP, Cole. Why do we sometimes get seasons most of the males suck? Lol I can't recall a season most of the females sucked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 pm

I actually got the prediction wrong since I didn't think Joe or Alan would leave this early with how bombastic they had been, I thought Desi would end up getting screwed out. Not that she's been that interesting so far, but she had some of the better pre-game material since 90% of the cast's bios were boring as hell. And yeah, Joe's not an example of a fun villain.

Jessica turning out to be this blushing virgin ala Neleh who gets flustered at a kiss on the cheek has actually been a pretty interesting twist. Laughing I kinda thought she'd just be generic pretty girl; not one of the ones that end up pulling off something awesome, but one of the ones that end up doing nothing the whole time and just look cute. This makes her adorable. Cole's also a lot more interesting than the generic hot golden boy guy in that he has this job helping people survive in the woods and apparently has loaded parents, but lives in the back seat of a car in the middle of town purely because he enjoys being out in the open with nature. But it doesn't come off hippie dippy granola bullshit like Joe (especially if you read Joe's social media and find out he's hardcore social conservative), he seems to really care about the environment and just be so amazingly naive that idk whether to find it adorable or frustrating. And he stars out swear words on his Twitter (I guess he's got WiFi in his car lmao), what a strange individual. I want to take him out for lunch and probe his brain.

Jeff has been hyping up the latter half of this season pretty hard. I dunno if I trust him or not because he also thought Redemption Island and Caramoan would be highly enjoyed by fans and...no.

The editing on this show can definitely give away whether someone makes it far, though the same can be true with other versions. One of the Aussie guys I won't name here in case anyone commenting like Henry still wants to watch it had tons of confessionals any time they were around, it was pretty obvious they would make it deep. Then again, there was also this other guy I won't name that had almost as many confessionals as Russell end-season and left pre-merge so that was a real shock.

I wouldn't say JP and Cole are out of it yet, they could in the coming weeks get more positive episodes. Natalie White didn't get her first confessional til episode 4 or 5...I would say Joe is probably out of it though, unless it somehow turns out he really is Tony 2.0.

Quote :
Lol I can't recall a season most of the females sucked.

Thailand. Palau with the exceptions of Steph/Caryn/Janu. Fiji. If you were into the whole yelling/screaming/cussing in each other out thing, this All Stars installment of Hell's Kitchen would be your thing. Girls are down 0-4 in challenges.

Quote :
Lauren being safe <3

I love how no one had faith in Lauren to make it this far, no one thought she was past second boot. <3

I actually didn't think Alan was a crazy douche, I appreciated him calling out the showmance even if he came off insane Laughing After that he wasn't that bad.

Quote :
these first few episodes have been anything but boring

Eh, I slightly disagree here though. I thought the first two episodes were pretty fucking boring. And the third wasn't that interesting until tribal council where Patrick got blindsided. This one was decent though, starting to pick up. I may have been too spoiled with Australia's mayhem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 pm

We don't have to go that far back to pick a season with a flop female cast. Only 4 women made it to the merge of Millenials vs. Gen X, and only one made it to the final 6 Laughing The only decent female players were Michaela, Michelle and Jessica sort of. The other 7 were meh to terrible. Laughing

Ehh I liked the first few episodes not because they were super crazy entertaining but because they felt like a fresh of breath air after the non stop strategizing of the whole season of Game Changers. That season was such a mess and I was always confused about what happened after every tribal council. This season, I know why what happened at tribal council, happened.  So I like it that way haha.
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Lmao I'm sorry, I'm dying at "fresh of breath air" haha that's a classic mix up. I sometimes mix the order of words up or the start letters haha brilliant.

Michaela was not a good player. No stinking way Laughing she was a character. She did better the second time because she aligned with one of the best female players ever in Cirie. Jessica was a good player, and taken out in a cruel manner. I guess it's true, that was a bad female cast, hey no wonder I loved that season Laughing but also I liked most of the guys, none really bothered me apart from a few instances with Taylor obviously (vomit) and Jay but he grew on me, then later with Zeke and Bret being vile to David. Other than that, it was great.

I agree this season has been easy to follow, so far and that's always a plus after the mess that was Game Changers, but it's not fun game play in my opinion and the reason is because I don't care for too many of this group. It's not on the level of Koah Rong though. It's possible to take out the annoying people and still have a good group at merge, so we'll see.

I really want to see Barbie go, Ken, Joe, ummm Chrissy. I don't like these people. Could potentially see at least 2 of them go before merge.

I think next season I'm going to avoid any cast assessments made by Youtubers, Jeff etc, they give too much away. They put it into our heads who is likey going to do well and who isn't and it sticks with me. I'll just look at the meet videos and form my own opinions.

Also, if you want fun game play that is easy enough to follow, watch Australian Survivor. There's even a Henry in it. Damn it was fun. I miss it already.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5vdc1u
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 pm

r.obbed q.ueen Sad

can't believe they did her like that. Almost no content in 5 episodes, should have known she wasn't going to make it far. Ugh and her pre season stuff was so good too, she was definitely my pick to win Laughing

Also pretty sure

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:25 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:00 pm

I’ve never cared less about a season of Survivor then I do now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:45 pm

I'm liking this season. Interesting tribals so far, people to root for and against.

I think my favorite is currently Devon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:58 pm

This season of survivor is missing something for me, does anyone feel that something is missing? i cant put my thumb on it.

i dont find myself enjoying it as much as i used to. maybe its me, maybe im growing bored of the show?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:08 pm

Why must people post spoiler tabs? I don't want to see them lol the temptation is so strong to look (especially when a season is bland) so it just winds me up if I choose not to. If you know spoilers on the season, just keep it to yourself please. Anyway predictable again, as per my last post about who is going far based on poor editing. The most interesting thing for me is, why Ryan made that choice. He made it to keep 2 close allies in, but the damage it did could potentially outweigh the good. Voting Chrissy was the easier vote, no waves would have been made, he has no loyalty to JP but blindsiding Ali creates problems, not just with her but if and when it gets back to the other hustlers. Once you lose trust, it's hard to get back. I really don't know if it was a good choice or not, time will tell.

Disappointing vote anyway. She was one of the likeable girls. Chrissy is not. It will be interesting to see what the vote does for Ryan moving forward and how he deals with it. Questionable move.

If blue lose, Joe will leave, as I predictabled last week. If red loses, Cole will go, if he's not a medivac. If yellow lose, JP will go is my prediction.

Finally, why does Jeff keep calling Mike Dr. Mike? Yes, he's a doctor, we get it, why keep calling him that? If I'm him, I don't want a constant reminder that I make a shit tonne of money thanks. There have been lots of doctors play who were never referred to as doctor [insert name]. I'd ask him to stop it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:19 pm

I think it's just the cast for me. Too many meat heads with no game/unlikeable people/people we just don't care about. That about sums it up. I laughed when Devon said Joe was a good player, he's not. Who can I say I honestly have a vested interest in? Possibly Devon, that's it. I like JP, but I know his fate, I know his fate because we've seen 34 seasons of editing just like he's getting. Those players who are barely shown except for random confessionals here and there that have no real significance to the bigger picture. We know he'll leave somewhere between now and early merge. The only other alternativeis that he goes far but plays no significant part in the game(liek Troyzan) and is therefore just a goat but I highly doubt it since the only positive things said about him have come from Ashley and all others have to say is that he's an idiot, which sucks.

If I didn't see pre game stuff, I'd like Ryan and Mike, but because of how they are being edited, I KNOW they go far, therefore it takes away all interest I have in them, to know they go far takes so much away. You aren't hoping they go far, because you know they will. It's like with TWD lol early on I loved Daryl, I thought he was vulnerable to being killed off, but as season 2 went on and especially season 3, it was clear from watching and listening to podcasts etc that he was safe, thereofre my interest in him as a character deminished.

Part of the thrill for me watching Survivor is a slight feeling of anxiety, that your players could go at any time. I never felt Adam was a sure thing to go far, I felt all season he could go any time, even though he was heavily shown. That's the exciting part for me, to not know how far people you like will go, but when you pretty much have a good idea of certain people going to merge and further, it takes all the suspense away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    

Back to top Go down

Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next