Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:03 am

Javi please dont off yourself. Your game is fatal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:51 pm

If Ben cries at FTC and wins that way I will barf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Not often I agree with you people lol but it will eye roll so bloody hard if Ben wins, having mentioned being a marine 10 times in the finale. Please don't be that obvious. I think Chrissy just went favourite though and Devon went from good chance to a much lower chance. Ryan appeared to be a front runner early on and even up until merge but has fallen back. Mike has always just been there in the middle, not in a position to make any decisions on the votes.

All that being said, I do like when a person is on the bottom and is fighting to stay alive and I appreciate Ben's attempts. They were so stupid to not shadow him when he was looking for the idol, like why so sure he wouldn't find it? Naïve. At tribal, his attempt to get the votes on Mike was smart. Remove the swing and then at final 5, he's the swing between two pairs. It didn't work out but it made logical sense. What I want to know is why he gunned for Mike, then voted Ashley with the rest. Must just be things we weren't shown. Devon really lost control this episode, voting out Ashley for his new final 3. He had no choice, but it sucks for him. Chrissy is the obvious winner for me at this stage.

I'm enjoying this season more as it comes to an end. They aren't unlikeable people, like Koah Rong for the most part. if Ben does challenge/idol his way to the end, he shouldn't win. How is that good game play? That's someone who has no option but to win immunity or keep finding idols because they played so badly they put themselves on the bottom. That's why I will always rank Mike Holloway as one of the worst winners of this show. A good winner doesn't need immunity or idols played on themselves, sure it's fun to win the odd immunity or play an idol towards the end, but you shouldn't need to.

Just watched the latest Ponderosa. Was pretty funny, asking JP for a thing and then cuts to him standing there in a little towel Laughing and the dolphin watching suggestion "he's useless" pretty much the theme for him all season lol so funny. Then asking Lauren what her thing was, taking a second to think before saying "crabbin" was just so funny for some reason Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Agree with pretty much all of this from everyone except I think Chrissy's being shown as too vindictive and strategy-bottish in a bad way like where people think she doesn't care about them as human beings to win. Multiple jurors and pre-jurors in their interviews have said they found her cold and needlessly personal telling them she couldn't wait to be there with them at the loved one visits to meet their family and then they don't make it there because she blindsided them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:28 pm

A classic Spencer mistake lol treating them as chess pieces and not human beings. At this stage, she would be my vote to win based on how they've played and been presented to us, on game play. On likeability, I'd vote Mike, but he really hasn't had any say in the game play, which is most important. I'd settle for anyone but Ben winning, like most people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:34 pm

That was the most rigged season of Survivor I've ever seen in my whole life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:17 pm

The fact that he found the idol at final 5 and then was saved by the final four twist shows that they wanted Ben to win, how did the jury not bring up the fact that Ben didn't really play the game he only got there by finding idols and then got lucky with a Twist he had no strategic game whatsoever but yeah he wins
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:20 pm

mas you are The Real winner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:41 am

Fuck this shit. I'm so fucking pissed. I turned it off after douchebag won, I mean I haven't watched the finale show for the last few seasons, but I especially didn't want to see any more focus on him.

Ugh like...I actually really enjoyed this season for the most part. Like sometimes the boot order made me annoyed, but I liked the season a lot until Lauren left. I was pretty bummed at Lauren and Ashley going back to back, but I still liked it...had Devon or Chrissy won it probably would be in my top 5 (I know I'm minority, but idc) but ugh, tarnished forever now that the asshole won. Like how does the edit literally make me hate him more and more each time he's shown?

Annoyed none of them followed him when they got back to camp at final five. like...seriously. Devon's intuition at final five was amazing, I was so hoping someone would get a bad feeling and vote Mike as a just in case, I was thrilled when he brought it up and went with his gut.

I liked his attitude towards the final four twist...like, ugh. In a different season, I think I would have liked the twist. I mean it's nice in theory to have someone earn their way to the final. But like...in this season, it coming between someone so likeable and so hateable was infuriating. Like Devon was robbed, in any other season he would have made final three.

All that said, I am still pissed Chrissy didn't win. Also, kind of shocked. I don't mind Devon voting Ryan (it's actually funny how in the beginning Ryan seemed so IN YOUR FACE with the edit, and then like, mid-merge he pretty much became the goat lolz. I mean he was far from useless, I think he played a decent game, but he was totally the person you least expected to win by like final 7.) I'm actually pretty surprised Desi and JP didn't vote Chrissy, I thought she might have had those two. Just...ugh. I am so pissed, guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 am

I actually turned off my tv right after Ben found his 76th idol at final 5. I knew where this shit was going. Then when I checked out Ben had won a few hours later I was so happy I skipped the finale. This was one of the worst seasons of Survivor I’ve ever seen. Survivor has turned into such a joke.

Also if you’re ever playing real Survivor make sure to target the conservative redneck white guy because that’s who the producers want to see win and they’ll guide them to the idols for them to “find”.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:45 pm

I'm not as annoyed as others but I do have a problem with it because we've watched 35 seasons and can see where it's going way before it happens. We only get to see the story they want us to see but Chrissy was the clear winner. Ben was similar to Mike Holloway, though I credit Ben more as a winner. He did play well early on and after the mix up, but he played himself into a hole which is BAD PLAY to the point he has to rely on idols and twists to stay alive. That is not the mark of a good winner. A person who does that has no control other than to keep finding idols/winning challenges/having good fortune with twists. Chrissy controlled a lot of the game and the whole oldest woman thing and dominating challenges. She should have won.

They say they have all their twists and shit planned out before the season but I'm not sure I buy it. I have doubts. They so wanted Ben to win, the marine hero blah blah blah blah blah *vomits. We all respect him as a person but we weren't rooting for him as a player. Producers of the show aren't meant to have favourites. I was also alarmed to hear that twist will be a part of next season and maybe every season after that. Why? They're messing with the format now. The format is meant to stay the same, with twists thrown in at random times.

That twist was probably cooked up and thrown in when they knew he was going. I hate to say it, I really do but any other season, he was out and Devon was probably the winner and now we're all just pissed cos it seems rigged. I enjoyed the season as a whole but with a truly underwhelming winner.

Shit I've won like 3 of these? Two in the last 3 seasons Laughing lol Tony, Adam, Ben. I was also final 3 with Albert. I urge anyone sick of US Survivor to go watch Australian Survivor season 4, the one that aired this year. It as enjoyable with very likeable people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tom_delonge_ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:26 pm

This season was an insult to any real survivor fan. That is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:54 am

This is from the season Wiki page.

Quote :
Controversy: After winning the final immunity challenge, Chrissy was awarded the knowledge of a twist to occur at Tribal Council in place of the conventional Day 38 final vote-off. She would select a contestant to join her before the remaining two contestants would compete in a fire-making challenge. This twist's inclusion was heavily criticised by former competitors, fans, and critics of the program as it removed the fundamental social strategy from the game and undermined the significance of winning Immunity. Due to the inclusion of this twist, contestant Ben Driebergen, who was set to be voted out in 4th, managed to win the challenge and ultimately win the season. Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X winner Adam Klein commented on Twitter "Super happy for the winner who played their heart out!! That being said, if that twist happened in my season, I would have come in 4th most likely. Players should be able to plan out their own endgame and know the basic format of the game they play"

Nobody is happy about it. Awful twist and it feels rigged, even if it wasn't and just so happened to keep the person in who they'd pick to win, it feels like it was rigged for Ben to make it to the end. I sort of fell asleep during the final tribal and missed the first part of it lol but was it even mentioned? Like you shouldn't even be in this final? You were kept in by a fortunate twist that has never happened before, your luck was in, you should have been 4th place. You needed 3 idols and a lucky break to make the end but here's most of the votes anyway, YOU WIN. It's bullshit. Why do players who play themselves onto the bottom and then fight to stay in via idols/challenges/twists get rewarded? STRATEGY is the hardest part of the game to master, that's why a good strategist is more worthy than a person who wins challenges and finds idols. Ben was a decent player up until mid way through merge and then sucked after that, having to rely on idols and luck to make the end. Chrissy must have been disliked by the majority. If you don't like someone very much, all of the above can be flipped into a positive. I didn't like either of them but as was presented to us, Chrissy should have won.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:15 pm

it wasnt really brought up about how he needed the advantages. the jury was more annoyed that they didnt tail ben every second of the day and allowed him to get the idols. I also think some people didn't like chrissy personally, see Desi's exit interview with someone.

the next cast was told pre game how the final 4 will play out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:50 pm

I hate to doubt the credibility of the show but there is a big question mark over this. It's not like there hasn't been an issue before. Season 1 for example, I remember reading about...Stacey being voted out? Mark Burnett and/or others trying to influence the vote to get rid of her over someone else, maybe Rudi? Didn't she sue them? I'm sure there have been other instances of medalling in the game by production. Even the edit is changed in parts to show situations the way they want them to appear. You often hear players say "oh that was nothing like it was shown on tv, in reality it was...." etc etc. They show us what they want us to see and believe, not necessarily what is truth.

This situation seems fishy. I think they'd just jizz themselves to have a veteran win their show, this heroic story with his PTHD, clawing his way to the end and winning. I think they had this twist to sit on, to produce when they needed to influence the game the way they wanted it to go. They couldn't guarantee Ben would win that fire challenge, but it gave him the chance to, he did and he won the game. I think this is the beginning of the end for Survivor pulling shit like that. People see through it. They say they have these twists planned out pre season but I would be stunned if they just so happened to have that twist planned in this particular season surrounding this particular player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dana ShelbyChancey

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 pm

I am satisfied in some ways that Ben won. He did play a lousy social game. Chrissy got really smug towards the end. Mike & Ryan didn't take the wheel enough in their games. I would have been ok with Devon. He looked the best, the most difference, at the Reunion!

US loves their servicemen. Even on Dancing With the Stars, servicemen place at least 3rd place!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:55 pm

JR Martinez also won Dana

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?    

Back to top Go down

Kyogre's Which Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers Castaway Are You?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8