Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Unanimous IMDb, the IMDb-Awards nominated* series, is back for a new, mind-maddening season! With this being our seventh season, we are exploiting the luck theme this season given the game's reliance on having it for success. That's not to say that the game doesn't rely on some social skills and a pinch of strategy... the pantheon of winners have all managed to attain the votes to win the end. In our latest season, Iraheto set a record at winning with five other players left in the game. Do you have what it takes to beat his record?

The premise is simple... each round, you vote for a winner of the game. If everyone votes for the same person to win, then the vote is unanimous and said person wins. If the vote is not, however, then the person with the most votes will choose a number at random that has been pre-selected to correlate with a remaining player. If a player's number is called, then that player is eliminated from the game. Then, it's wash, rinse, and repeat.

It's a simple concept, but one that doesn't take much work if you play your cards right. Who will be the new winner? It could be you! Sign up today!

Ideally looking for twelve faithful players. If sign ups lag for more than a day or so though, we will be filling the spots with players who are active on this forum. This game has forced people to play before.  

*Most Creative Game Concept/Or Twist Idea in the 12TH BIANNUAL IMDb AWARDS (January 2015)

UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck
Host: A-Supreme
Host: Firebolt102890

Winner: Arik
Runner-Up: Iraheto
Runner-Up: RTF
Runner-Up: switza
Runner-Up: brady911
Runner-Up: WolfNVX4444
Runner-Up: kyogre123
Runner-Up: Cherry

Second Eliminated: Merriska
First Eliminated: EnnJaySee

CURRENT POT: $250,000.00

Last edited by A-Supreme on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:37 pm; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Sign me up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:16 pm

You've hosted 6 seasons of this? I think I was forced into season 2. Didn't realize you kept the concept going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:37 pm

I'll try this out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Well, just a warning, in a few weeks I'm going to be on this forum less, so if I'm going to be forced to play, you're just going to have to keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 pm

No one if forcing you to sign up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arik

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 pm

I'll play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Iraheto wrote:
No one if forcing you to sign up.

I was only saying it for Dan's information.

"Ideally looking for twelve faithful players. If sign ups lag for more than a day or so though, we will be filling the spots with players who are active on this forum. This game has forced people to play before."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Ok
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Oops, didn’t read the fine print.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Four sign ups in one day, I love you guys <3

I'll try to get some more. This game rarely lasts more than a few weeks, so no worries there!

Last edited by A-Supreme on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:12 pm

I know forcing people to play is a bit controversial, but so far as this game goes... it's all in good fun. Besides, most people staunchly against playing either get eliminated randomly eventually or start playing to win once they see how harmless the game is or that they have a shot at winning. There's really no harm in playing... you can't be bitter at rotten luck and all strategizing is done to help yourself win, not force another person out of the game. So, it's a bit friendlier compared to Survivor or Big Brother. Besides, this is a quality Z-grade series in terms of IMDb gaming, so no one besides the small though faithful cult following (that, let's be real, consists of Firebolt Mark and me) will remember how you do.

So, really, this is as low-risk as you can get in terms of silly fun. So please consider signing up and having a good time! Smile
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:03 am

~Bump~
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:21 am

I'll play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:09 am

I'll play, since you'd probably put me in anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:12 pm

ill play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:29 pm

I'll play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Okay guys let's get three more people signed up for this. Smile I don't wanna force people to play lol but I will definite start this tomorrow afternoon if it's not filled by then.

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far!
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Okay, I managed to convince Cherry to play to give our game an even ten players. We will proceed with the game. The pot has been set to $1,000,000. And I have assigned each of you a secret elimination number and sent that list to Mark AKA Firebolt102890, who is late for the party but will be here eventually. No one will know their number... only the two hosts.

Each round, the objective is to get every player to vote for you to win the set pot of imaginary Lthingtorbucks, affectionately named after one of the founding fathers of this beloved series. If you manage to do this task, you will win the game. Yes, it should be that simple, but spare in mind that everyone will be vying for the same title. So things don't always work that well in execution, but maybe you guys can make some magic happen.

If the group fails to come to an unanimous decision, then someone will be eliminated from this game. The person with the most votes will earn the right to pick a number, to which the corresponding player will be eliminated from this game! Yes, they may even accidentally eliminate themselves if they aren't lucky.  anguish  But it doesn't need to come to that, if you guys work together as a group.

Oh, and failing to reach an unanimous decision lowers the pot that the winner eventually takes home in the end. Which sucks too, I guess.

With that being said, I will need everyone to PRIVATE MESSAGE(PM) A VOTE FOR SOMEONE TO WIN to A-SUPREME. You will have until 3:25pm EST Monday, August 21st to vote. I will reveal the votes shortly thereafter.

Make it unanimous, people. History is within your reach - make it happen!
Back to top Go down
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Who wants my vote?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Vote for me. Let's go unanimous round 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:12 pm

I'd be ok with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Lets all just agree on someone to vote to win so this game literally has one vote Laughing hint, Bull to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:41 pm

It's gonna be a long game boys and girls. I won't at any stage agree to unanimously vote one person to win Laughing just for shits and giggles, but by all means try to con me to vote for who you want. I'll take my chances with the luck portion of the game Laughing do you feel lucky, punk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)   

Back to top Go down

UNANIMOU7: Years of Bad Luck (Winner Announced!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next