HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:41 pm

I am putting a time limit on, 24 hours starting now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:37 pm

Cindyfan wrote:
You all can now send in your first songs. please label them so I know what judge gets them.

JUDGES please send me who you want each artist to battle in your group. One will be a threeway so remember that.

what kind of songs are we sending in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:41 pm

the bands you chose, no themes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:45 pm

k thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Mark you got all your team now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:49 am

I have sent my match-ups, and I'm not gonna lie, some pairings were so easy to make, it makes sending Cherry Conor Oberst look like a risk in Idol games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Songs sent to judges. They will get rid of 5 acts but will save two from the ones other judges did not want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:38 pm

i think i might have made a mistake in the threeway thinking i was saving only one from the 3. i might have done my pairings differently, i'm sure one of the other judges will snatch the one i eliminated though so let's see how it goes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:48 am

Got Cherry's comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:20 am

lol Mas, I thought the same thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:02 am

need MARK
and

NAT

comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:12 am

I'm at work, so it's gonna be in and out, in and out, all-day, and comments will take time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:20 am

NAT

Childish Gambino

Comments: I can't believe someone sent Childish Gambino for me. No one ever sends in Gambino. He was my favorite rapper. Now he might be my favorite artist period. Awaken, My Love! is a bonafide masterpiece. Me and Your Mama happens to be one of my favorite songs off the album, but this is also a smart choice because the Childish Gambino arsenal is so vast that I think this was a good call sending it this early. I don't know if you actually like Bino too or you're just sucking up to me, but kudos either way. If people paid attention, they'd know Donald Glover is my god. I feel like the other judges might not be as receptive as me, but I don't care.

Zayn

Comments: Not entirely sure why you sent in Zayn for me lol. Was it because you thought I already had a stacked team and you were trying to get passed onto someone else? If so, not bad. I actually don't hate this song and I think Zayn's matured a lot as an artist since he left 1D, but it's still a strange choice to send into me. Also, I don't know why you sent in his most popular song in the very first round. Bad gameplan there. Should have saved it on the off chance that you make it far.

Winner:
Spoiler:

. No brainer.

James Taylor

Comments: Very interesting. I don't think I've shown any indication that I might like James Taylor. I always get these random ass picks every time I'm a coach. It's a nice song though. Very catchy.

Arctic Monkeys

Comments: Pretty sure I know who sent this. Hope you can win this game now that I'm not a player lol. This choice is smart on so many levels. Send in a less popular song because you know I love anything of theirs more than most things. But this is still a killer song. You could have sent stuff from Suck It and See, arguably their worst album, and still would have done well with me.

Winner::

Hozier

Comments: I really like Hozier. Alarming that you sent in a well known song the first round though. Keep in mind if you stay and make it to round 2, save his best songs. Mixed feelings because this is one of my favorite songs from him. "I fall in love just a little, oh, little bit every day with someone new" is such a great, relatable verse. Love this song.

The Kinks

Comments: I like the Kinks. This is a really good song. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Good pick.

Winner: By far the toughest choice I've had, but
Spoiler:

just edges it out.

Ellie Goulding

Comments: I know if I let you go, Mark is going to snatch you right up. I took Ellie Goulding to finals twice now. Could I make it three for three? I don't know honestly. This team is probably my favorite ever so you have stiff competition. Including your opponent. I really like this song. It's a lot different from her upbeat poppy songs and I appreciate that. She has such a unique voice. I dig it.

twenty one pilots

Comments: I didn't think I'd like twenty one pilots at first, but I kind of like them. They've got an interesting sound. I hear this song on the radio all the time. And you know what? It's grown on me. You're someone I could see making it somewhat far.

Winner: Another tough call, but I have to go with
Spoiler:

Seems like the safer choice.

Smashing Pumpkins

Comments: Shit, maybe I shouldn't have put these three together lol. I also thought we'd be getting rid of 2 out of 3, but this actually works out better for me. I like Smashing Pumpkins, but I'm not a super fan. This is a pretty chill song.

Lana Del Rey

Comments: I love Lana Del Rey. I've sent this exact song in a game before. Always had a soft spot for her and I'm glad you sent her in for me instead of someone else. Solid song, but not my favorite. Great choice for the first round.

Bob Dylan

Comments: Fuck, dude. I had high hopes for you. This isn't Bob Dylan lol. My main concern about him being in this game is that it's hard to find videos of him actually singing.

Winner:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:26 am

MAS

1) Christina Aguilera vs. Pink

Comments: My initial decision is cos I had 2 female artistes so I will just get rid of 1. But knowing this threeway rule now, I prob would have swapped one of the guys there with one of them here. They are 2 pretty good vocalists. But the submissions here were just alright. I have not heard this Pink's song before. Based on the submissions and who I think might have a greater catalogue and who the judges might like, I eventually decided to go with
Spoiler:

2) Ed Sheeran vs. Harry Styles

Comments: This was a match-up that I had switched before submitting. I had my 3 British male singers and prob that would have been a good threeway matchup too. Submitting Harry's first single I thought was not a good idea as it would have been better to exposed me to his other songs. Ed Sheeran did submit a strong enough song and not just submit anything. I do like Harry's songs too but comparing these 2, I have to go with
Spoiler:

3) Michael Jackson vs. Abba

Comment: Putting 2 iconic retro artistes together. I love this kinda dark MJ song. And I have never heard this Abba song before. And it was just okay to me. This was one of the simpler decisions I had. I am going with
Spoiler:

4) Imagine Dragons vs. James Arthur

Comment: This might be the hardest matchup for me. This was supposed to be Imagine Dragons vs. Ed Sheeran before I switched. I have heard some songs from both artistes but not that many. And I didn't really like go through their discography as I really wanted to discover songs naturally from the game. So, it's a little bit back and forth. "It's Time" has a really cool beat to it and I do like the songs from them that I have heard. James Arthur has such wicked vocals and I like the song even though it was my first time hearing it. It's hard to lose either of them but I have decided to go with
Spoiler:

as I want a rock band on my team.

5) Frank Sinatra vs. Otis Redding vs. Billy Joel

Comments: Frank Sinatra has such a great deep voice. Although I have not heard too many of his songs, the songs that I've heard I actually do like. I have not heard this particular song but I like it too, mainly cos of how Frank Sinatra sings it. I'm not sure I have actually heard of any Otis Redding's songs but I love his voice and this soulful beat of the song. And Billy Joel's song was also good too. Really, these 3 singers are so good. But the main reason I put them together cos I wasn't sure they can make the distance being the oldies. But actually it is hard to decide who I should be moving on cos they are all so good and I really like all 3 songs.

I'm like flip-flopping on my decisions. Okay, I have decided to go with
Spoiler:

. Main reason cos I do like his songs and I wanted a jazz singer to go forward for now. And I decided to go with
Spoiler:

for the 2nd artiste

Up for grabs:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:36 am

MARK

Coldplay – In My Place – Coldplay, you came to me at the last second, and to be fair, for the final artist that came onto my team, although Great Good Fine Ok would have been your best choice since I’ve been listening to those guys a lot recently, going with Coldplay for me is interesting, risky, yet I had him in mind for someone I would have liked to see on my team.  I have songs from this guy in my library and I listened to him a lot in my teenage years going into my early 20’s.  But after 2012 when I learned of some of his other work from other time periods, his value for me declined sharply and I was cold on Coldplay.  Picking him now though, you’ve picked an artist that is starting to come back into my good graces.

Moving on to the song, I’ve never heard this one before, but I think the instrumentals here are great!  It feels beachy to me (if you’ve watched The OC or Falcon Beach, you’d see what I mean) and Coldplay has some good vocals here.  I see a lot of potential for you by coming to my team.

Bruno Mars – Today My Life Begins – Bruno Mars has a shaky history with me, and when I learned he was coming onto this team, I was left asking why.  When it comes to his songs, I might like him on the first few listens, and then when I realize what I’m listening to, I’m left hating myself for finding any value in those songs to begin with.  Or he might come off with songs that, when I listen to it one time, I instantly want to find the nearest place away from the song because it sounds like swords going through one of my ears and out the other.  When you consider these, know that I can count on my hand the number of songs Bruno Mars came out with that had any staying power with me.  But I haven’t listened to this song, so let’s listen.

I’m not sure how to feel about this song.  There are times where I might have needed a message this song tries to convey, but when I try to think of it like that, let’s just I have mixed emotions.  It isn’t a bad song.  It’s actually decent listening to the first time and it may improve your long odds, but let’s see how Sia does.

Sia – The Girl You Lost To Cocaine – Sia’s interesting.  She really is.  I first learned of her when she was featured in a David Guetta song.  In the next few years afterward, she came up like a hurricane to songs I would listen to.  Then in 2016 she disappeared from my radar as quickly as she had come on.  But the songs from Sia I had known, I actually liked, so by choosing me to coach you for this game, you made a fine choice because she’s someone whose music I genuinely want to catch up with.  Now, let’s move on to the song.

It’s not what I’m expected coming from Sia, and like the Bruno Mars song sent.  I have always equated her with more emotional music, and if you stay on my team, I would like to see the more emotional side to Sia’s music.  Now that the song’s finished, it wasn’t terrible despite the “cocaine” part of the song title looking trashy as all get-out, but it’s not something I’d listen to again.

Coldplay vs. Bruno Mars vs. Sia – Coldplay came at the last second, and so he was sent to the 3-way.  At first, I felt this was going to be a one person advance from this group, and had this been, I would have just advanced Coldplay out of this group, and when I learned 2 would be advancing, I felt I knew which 2 were advancing.  But let’s take a look at what we’ve come across.  Coldplay shows great potential, but he has songs I do not like, so every time you send a Coldplay song, you tread on thin ice.  Sia felt disappointing compared to how I usually listen to her while Bruno felt a bit more impressive.  This is unusual since Bruno has made me CRINGE and Sia has usually gotten pretty good reviews from me.

Spoiler:

The Clash – Rock the Casbah – I came into this thinking I haven’t listened to The Clash at all, and now it might seem like I have listened to at least this song before.  If it is that song, then I might not know how to feel about you since if it is that song, then it’s a song I have seen on a list of songs that sound cheery but are really depressing.  And if I’m correct in my memory, then it was a song that I didn’t exactly mind, but maybe you just kind of short-lived yourself because it would have been the one song people know.  So now, let’s listen to it and see if I’m right.

And it is!  His voice sounds like Ed the Hyena from The Lion King is chewing on a cigar, and really, if this is what he sounds like in all his songs, then I’m not sure if this was the best choice.  Did you pick The Clash just so you could send me this song?  Because if so, then I seriously wonder if you’re taking this game seriously even though I don’t mind the song itself.

The Rolling Stones – Wild Horses – Let’s be fair about The Rolling Stones.  When I had to judge his songs when I guest judged Tom Idol back in the day, these guys didn’t score high with me.  I know they’re a good band, but I just was not taken with them, although listening to 6 of their songs in a row after having to endure 6 Beatles yawn fests in a row might have had something to do with it.  Since that game, The Beatles continued to sit poorly with me, yet The Rolling Stones were mostly left in the dark and so they flew under-the-radar and stayed out of my sights.  So with this game, The Rolling Stones are playing for redemption, hence why I was thinking of have him go up against Bruno Mars or Ke$ha.

Listening to the song, his voice at least sounds better than your opponent’s does, and to be fair, this sounds like that Buffy song I sent for Henry 5 years back in his first Idol Fever game!  Way to get a plug in for my nostalgia factor!  Maybe there might be hope for The Rolling Stones on this team!

Spoiler:

Ke$ha – Praying – I’m not sure how to feel about you.  The judging panel we have is not exactly one I’d be placing all my chips on Ke$ha for given her track record of music, and I have only really listened to her music from 2009-2011 plus like 2 songs from 2013, and in that time, her music was met with a lot of hate.  There are songs I like from Ke$ha, so there is that going for you, but I’m just not sure about you.  So going into the song, I probably could have done with the 1-minute sermon and began with the song itself.  Then again, as I listen to this, is this her new stuff?  Is this the direction she’s going?  If so, it could grow on me because I did like it in parts, but your library in that aspect is pretty limited.  I am worried about you.

Lady Gaga – Edge of Glory – Interesting thing you should probably know about Lady Gaga, she’s the one artist I’ve actually listened to an entire library of songs for, although this was before Joanne came out.  In fact, I was going to do that same thing for Lana del Rey, and one day, I want to do it for Avril Lavigne as well, so when I saw Lana was chosen for Nat and not for me, I was actually pretty sad about that.  Anyway, going to the song at hand, I am laughing at you right now.  I love this song, but this is also one of my 2 favorites from Lady Gaga, so right off the bat you’ve already taken off one of her best songs in a judging panel where I might be your best chance of going far.

Spoiler:

Nina Simone – Feeling Good – Before this game, I didn’t even know Nina Simone existed.  I literally had to look her up to find out who I should match her with and found she was part of the Civil Rights movement, so good on her for playing a part in an important piece of American History.  Unfortunately though, history has never been my thing, and so it will be how she fits on this team that Nina will be judged on, not what she’s done in American history.

I had to go on youtube to find the song since you sent me a link that doesn’t work, but thanks to finding Hold Me Close by Overcoats that I will be adding to my library if possible, I didn’t need to do the extra work.  ^_^  Anyway, I’ve heard covers of this song I prefer over this one, but this song is pretty cool and can be uplifting depending on how you look at it.  I will say though that in any other match-up this round, you might have been in bigger trouble, so if I advance you, step up your game.

Bob Seger – Like a Rock – I looked both Bob and Nina up and I knew full well they had to go up against each other.  I wanted to have older artists go up against each other so that if there’s any older talent I want to use for my final team or if I want to steal an older artist, I have time to decide that because, let’s be honest, anything that came out before the mid-70’s is grey area for me and not in a very good way.  In fact, to exemplify that, whichever one of you 2 wins will likely face whoever wins out of The Clash vs. The Rolling Stones unless something changes.

I am gonna say with this song I had to go to a different video so I could hear this guy’s voice properly, but now that I can, I’ve learned that his voice and beat really surprised me, kind of like The Rolling Stones in another match-up.  In fact, I really ended up liking this song, and considering I’m not an oldies kind of guy, youmanaged to pull off quite a feat.

Spoiler:

Madonna – Like a Prayer – Like Gaga, Madonna is an artist I’m glad I got because I actually have been listening to her songs since I was little. If I had known we were saving 2 from the 3-way, I would have gone with my first instinct and thrown you into the 3-way in Sia’s place so Foster could face Sia and you’d only have to worry about being better than one artist.  Anyway, this is a song I have listened to before, and thankfully, you didn’t go with her best song since you can only use each song once.  I usually go to her 90’s stuff, but her 80’s can be really good as well, and this is a pretty nice song despite not among my favorites from her.

Foster the People – Houdini – Whoever you are Foster the People, you might have overestimated my affinity for you.  I’m not sure if I have you in my library, and if I do, it may be one or two songs.  Also, you’re up against Madonna, so the odds aren’t in your favor to stay here.  Now let’s listen to your offering since I don’t think I’ve listened to this.  I was actually quite surprised by this one.  You listened to my whole “songs needing life” quotation because this is a really fun song and so now my decision between you two becomes harder.

Spoiler:

Up for grabs:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:40 am

CHERRY

Ace of Base - All That She Wants - You know there are a couple Ace of Base songs I kinda like. The Sign is a pretty dumb song, but it is fun, and 10 kinda of nostalgia. Don't Turn Around is a legit good song. I HATE this song though. So...yeah. Your chances of sliding through with me went from slim to none.

vs

Beach Boys - Good Vibrations - I like the Beach Boys a lot, I grew up listening to them. Honestly, I'm not that into this song though, idk, it's okay, but the chorus is kinda annoying. I hope you pick better choices going forward.

Spoiler:

Cigarettes After Sex - Sunsetz - I will never let you go, forever, so I can listen to as many songs by this band as possible, haha. His voice is so intoxicating.

vs

Talking Heads - This Must Be the Place - I said no 80's music, ever. OMG THIS IS SO ANNOYING, THE SINGING PART CAN START ANYTIME NOW. OMG. OMG. OMG THIS IS SO ANNOYING. YOU KNEW I WOULD HATE THIS!!!! ...oh, I have heard this before. WHY IS THIS SO LONG?

Spoiler:

The Beatles - If I Fell - Plz don't send live versions of songs where you can hear crowds cheering, it is one of my number one hang-ups. Decent song choice though, it's a cute song and not one that gets sent in usual Beatles themes (you know, the like 3 games they have occurred in).

vs

Anne Marie - Rockabye - Um, I don't know who this girl is, but this seems like a poor song choice to show her off, since this song is like, featuring multiple people and she's not even first listed lolz. Also, wow, this is super terrible. You did know I was the one listening to this, yes? I don't do reggae-fusion dance music.

Spoiler:

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You - Does this band have other songs? I don't think I know any, but I have judged this song in so many games. It's a really good song, but sending the one song I know by a band does not show me anything about their potential, what if all the other ones are terrible? And why would you send their best (best known at least) song the first round? That tells me you make poor decisions, and if I keep you, we might have needed this song to pull through later in the game when everyone is judging.

vs

Paul Simon - Obvious Child - I prefer him with Garfunkel to most of his solo work, but he does have some good solo songs too. I'm pretty indifferent to this song though. Not liking the drums, haha.

vs

Amanda Marshall - I have never heard of her. Wow, probably because she's terrible. Her voice is okay I guess, but I don't care for this song or her style like, at all. I had hopes that she would be some cool singer I'd never heard of before but would really like, but nope, just some Canadian not big enough to make it in America blah ugh, this is lasting forever.

Spoiler:

Rhianna - Shut up and Drive - You know, as a person, she seems pretty cool. Also, I like that her nickname is Ri-Ri, because that was my nickname when I was a little kid. So you know, I felt a little guilty giving her the doomed matchup against Bright Eyes. But then you sent this song, which is just...really, really annoying. Like...I forgot this song existed, and I would have been okay not listening to it again for the first time in 8 years.

vs

Bright Eyes - True Blue - Honestly, as Bright Eyes songs go, this is kind of a lame one. There are better colors than Blue, Conor, I'm sorry. The phrase "True Blue" has always made me cringe too btw. I don't know why. Plz pick better songs going forward.

Spoiler:

Up for grabs:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:43 am

Jugdes please choose 10 artists you want in order, 1 being the one you want most, to 10 being the least. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. Good luck.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:33 am

can i know what is the format for next round and if there are any saves?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:39 am

Damn Mas!  One of the people you let go is an artist I'm actually lowkey a fan of.

Also, I'm not gonna lie and although I know it will never happen, if Cherry ever lets go of Bright Eyes before Final 16, don't worry. They're someone I also listen to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:43 am

guess you can snatch that artiste up then lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:46 am

one vs one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:52 am

so no saves? and 4 moving on to the lives? like my game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:53 am

1 save sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:10 pm

I already PM'ed Tara my steals. If I get my Top 2 choices, then I'll have some interesting match-ups in mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Just need Mas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS   

Back to top Go down

The Voice JUDGES HAVE SONGS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top