HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Voice SEND SONGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:59 pm

It's only fair. Otherwise, you're basically dooming Bright Eyes to an unfair Bottom 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:16 am

ok, song has been sent to the coaches
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 pm

The hold up is not me now! I judged this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:47 am

Just waiting on mark to give his scores for the resent song
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Sent. Sorry for being late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:57 pm

CHERRY

James Taylor - Angels of Fenway

Mark: Okay, let me just set something straight here. I HATE the Red Sox! For you to send a Red Sox song to someone who cheers for the Yankees is weird af! *tries to listen to the song* Oh God this song is god-awful! The fact your coach called her team “far superior” to my own when judging Madonna last round and you send this jargon makes me wonder where all the sanity in this world has gone. I have gone as far as the planet of PLUTO and still could not find the world of sanity it is so far gone! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU SEND A SONG PANDERING TO THE RED SOX!? If you make it past this round, do not in good conscience even bother looking for songs about the Red Sox again. Or the New Orleans Saints or the New England Patriots for that matter!

Nat: I don’t know why you would send this song into a game with a judge who’s a Yankees fan lol. Pretty bad call there, bud. Sports rivalries aside, I’m not feeling this one. It’s kind of not that good.

Cherry: I don't know this song. But...it's about baseball, so...that's kind of lame. Hahaha. I mean it's cute I guess, but not something I would ever listen to, he has much better songs I'd rather listen to. OMG A KID IS SINGING NOW? Ugh. Okay I know this is meant to be heartwarming and whatever, but...dying people and baseball don't make for a song I listen to at leisure, sorry

Mas: I do like his voice. It also reminds me of Cat Stevens for some reason. Quite a nice song with a slow beat.

Cigarettes After Sex – Sweet

Mark: Honestly, after the last song, I was expecting you to completely flop. However, you’re lucky af you came right after the Red Sox song. That last song makes this look like a classic. On its own though, I did think it was better than the last song and better than I thought it would be, but it’s not what I would call ground-breaking. In fact, I wouldn’t run to listen to this again because it sounds like it belongs in Fifty Shades of Grey, and if I’m saying that, that sure as HELL is not a good thing! Like I said, you’re incredibly lucky you’re right after a debacle.

Nat: Damn. This is really good. Fuck, dude. This is amazing. I just had an emotional breakthrough listening to this song. Take my 10. You deserve it.

Cherry: I've actually been really into this one lately, so nice choice. His voice is so hypnotic, ugh love this so much. Greg Gonzalez is pretty much amazing, it takes real skill to make a love song, call it Sweet, and not have it not be nauseating, but he pulls it off like a pro <3 I would gladly break my heart for him.

Mas: I love the haunting feeling to this song and the voice. Good choice!

The Smashing Pumpkins – I Am One

Mark: Thank God someone in Team Cherry didn’t suck at life this round! Like, it isn’t perfect, but by default it’s one of the better submissions on your team, so yay? In fact, on its own, it’s a decent song that kind of puts a throwback on some of my childhood road trips when rock and roll would play in the car.

Nat: Meh. This is just average. Didn’t really like it. But it’s still better than a lot of these other songs.

Cherry: You went really old school with this one. I like it. The guitar is really nice.

Mas:  Love the rock sounds of this. Although not sure I really decipher some lyrics lol. But it’s different from most of the other sounds so a good point for you.

Bright Eyes – Oh, You are the Roots That Sleep Beneath My Feet and Hold the Earth in Place

Mark: Be glad we allowed you to resend because had we not, you would have had a 1/10 from me for not sending in the correct artist. We are fair judges after all, right? Anywho, the song starts abruptly, but it was still quite pleasant to listen to. Bright Eyes is easily a top contender for Team Cherry, but in this round, that does not say much at all. What does say something though is that I genuinely like this song, so enjoy the several extra points to your score and hopefully you have a fair result.

Nat: Oh, You are a Really Long Song Title Because Conor’s an Artsy Dude. But can we talk about how you sent a Filipino emo band thinking it was Bright Eyes? lmao. That’s too funny. I don’t know whether you listened to it and legitimately thought it was Bright Eyes or you just randomly picked a song without listening to it. I don’t know what’s worse. Sorry, but you had to take some shit for that lol. Anyway, back to the song. It’s fine. I didn’t love it, but it’s still a cool song. Not a standout Bright Eyes song for me.

Cherry: ...this is a good song, but I don't want to think about Conor right now. Also, I'm still severely annoyed at whoever is sending this. I like to imagine that people take time to read these comments that I spend my time writing, that people actually pick which songs to send, listen to them, etc. That song you tried to send initially shows that obviously isn't true, and I hate that people slide by with literally less than zero effort. If you survive this round, please actually LISTEN to songs and pick a good one based on that, don't type Bright Eyes into youtube and pick one what random that might actually be an emo band.

Mas: LOL about the mixup of the songs. I just find his voice a lil weird. So yeah, takes away a bit. But not too bad, I guess.

MARK

ABBA – Take A Chance On Me

Mark: Overall, Team Cherry was a flop this round. I hope my team did better. Now, I know now that my team is gonna be hated no matter what, so at this point, I can only go off on who I like more. There’s nothing else I can really do at this point. Now, I don’t like this as much as the other ABBA songs I’ve listened to so far, BUT I do actually like this and at least you are not Team Cherry

Nat: Maybe the only ABBA song I can stand. Give credit to Andy Bernard from The Office. Fuck, they really ruined his character the last season. The song is fine. Should have probably saved it for later but there’s no way you could have known I hate all their other songs lol.

Cherry: The idea of Nat listening to this is making me giggle. I personally like it though haha, one of my top 5 ABBA songs! I'm hoping you send my favorite next time, but you probably won't. This video is srsly the most lulztastic thing I have ever seen though hahaha.

Mas: I know this song. Quite a nice beat to it. The MV though, so old school lol.

Coldplay – Shiver

Mark: This is a pretty good song as well. I feel like you might be the best chance I have to at least not be the last-place coach. lmao He does have better songs, but this is a nice song as well. Good job!

Nat: Sure, all right. Give me some old school Coldplay. This is cute. I like it.

Cherry: I like that you've been sending really early songs by them. There was less douchebag emitting from Chris Martin's voice back then, haha. This is nice.

Mas: Chris Martin looks so young. Is this one of his earlier songs? Never heard of this but quite a nice tune

Madonna – I Want You

Mark:  Honestly, I underestimated how hated you were going to be with Natcher, but now that I know, I don’t really care anymore what they have to say. This is a nice, soft, and soothing song that I feel like I can really relax to. Now, it might seem like I’m being too easy, but I’m not. I genuinely love having each and every one of you here with me, and you in particular are someone I’ve been listening to ever since I was little (Hint: Experience played a key part as to why you stayed over Lady Gaga). This song really is calming in all the right ways, and in a way, it even sounds kind of sexy if you catch my drift.

Nat: I don’t want you. This is torture.

Cherry: How are you still here? Why did you send such a long song? I have 16 songs to judge, don't need a 6 minute song from any of them, least of all her. ...it's been over a minute and she hasn't even started singing. I don't have time for this shit. And it started...and...still no.

Mas: Hmm, not really liking this one. A little too slow and yeah, doesn’t really excites me. And it’s a little long too

Christina Aguilera – The Voice Within

Mark:  don’t think I remember listening to this song from you. However, I think I heard this song from someone else, maybe a country singer perhaps? Regardless, I feel like this might be the song I might have needed as right now in every way, I can’t seem to find a light at the ends of any tunnels. The message is strong, and some of Christina’s best songs are when she sings these genuine songs and not singing Dirtyyy.

Nat:  I appreciate the message and all and it’s not terrible, but it just doesn’t click with me. When I’m looking for a song to listen to, this would never be on the list. But you work with what you have and you could have done a lot worse.

Cherry: She has a really nice voice which is mostly showcased here. I just dislike some of the stylistic oversinging things she does.

Mas:  Not a bad song from her although not really high up on my favourites.

Last edited by masbond84 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:14 pm

NAT

Childish Gambino – I. The Crawl

Mark: Ever since last round, I’ve been hooked on L.E.S. and have been waiting to hear more Gambino. Now, I didn’t like this one quite as much as L.E.S. because it sounded like white noise until Donald Glover started rapping. I don’t know. This song seems all over the place, but it’s thankfully not the worst I’ve listened to this round.

Nat: I don’t know why I’m still judging these Gambino songs. I love all of them. Because The Internet is such a masterpiece of an album. AT HER BOOOOOTY. This makes me want to listen to the whole album. Blue bloods like we both gangs. God, I love this.

Cherry: Not sure how I feel about this one. I don't really like the female singer popping in with her chorus, cuz that kinda sounds like...90% of rap songs lolz. The music has some cool sounds though.

Mas: Loving this also. Nice beats and loving the female voice also. I’m not sure what is the rule for featured artistes though in this game.

Arctic Monkeys – The Bakery

Mark: This is actually better than what you sent last round. This won’t get me crazy for Arctic Monkeys, but you’ll probably be safe considering your coach and Cherry both like you. To me, it was decent.

Nat: I don’t think there are any songs titled “Arctic Monkeys,” is there? I hope not. Would hate for you to send a song by another band thinking it was this one lol. This isn’t close to my favorite songs from Arctic Monkeys, but even their worse songs are still pretty good. And this isn’t one of their worse songs. Middle of the road for me. Which translate to very above average.

Cherry: I wish I would have seen Alex Turner in the post office too. Or the bakery. He can come to my cafe, I'll make him something. Hahaha. Anyway, I haven't heard this one before I don't think. I liked it

Mas: Not too bad of a song. Love the slow beats to it.

Ellie Goulding – Explosions

Mark: haha I was actually just listening to this song on my Spotify the other day. It’s a really soothing song and while I know Cherry prefers it when it’s just her and the piano or whatever, you’ve got a wide variety of songs here. Now knowing now that I do not have a snowball’s chance in hell of being the winning coach, um yeah… I’m about ready to tune off the opinions of what the other coaches might say. To be fair, Nat should have given either you or Lana to me at least to make it fairer on me considering the hate my team gets.

Nat: I almost lost you lol. I’m worried because there’s a chance you could be in danger again, but I really hope you stay because I have a crush on Ellie. Solid song. I like it when she steps away from the super poppy stuff.

Cherry: Ugh how many fucking songs are left, I have to get ready for work soon. Ugh, she has background singers making horrible high pitched sounds. I bet Nat predicts I will complain about that. I don't mind Ellie's voice, I feel like she has the potential for some decent songs but...then all the ones I hear usually suck and are annoying. This one would be great if it was just her and the piano, but there's too much going on.

Mas: Hmm, this was just okay to me. I’ve heard better so yeah, nothing new that excites me.

Imagine Dragons – Thunder

Mark: After reading the comments last round, I began to think maybe I should have taken you in. However, that’s done and done, but at least I still get to listen to your music. This song isn’t really a conventional choice for Imagine Dragons, BUT it was still very passable and kind of grew on me. I was nodding politely at the song in approval.

Nat: Very different from what you’d expect from Imagine Dragons. Not sure if that’s going to help you or not this round. I appreciate it, but personally I’m not a big fan of this song. Don’t hate it by any means. It just doesn’t resonate with me.

Cherry: Still such a cool band name, haha. ...this song is a little annoying and full of my weird hangups lolz. Echoes, clapping and snapping, etc. I do like thunder and lightning though, so there's that.

Mas: This is quite a catchy number. Nice song!

MAS

Michael Jackson – Beat It

Mark: This is one of the most iconic songs Michael Jackson has. For this to be sent now, I don’t know how to feel. It’s a great song and one of his best, but it being sent now is a bit questioning. Then again, you were in the bottom with Sia last round, so I guess there is that to consider.

Nat: Yikes, bruh. You’re sending in Beat It already? I mean, you do you. I’m not your coach lol. This song is iconic for a reason. Can’t score it low.

Cherry:  Oh, even I know this one, haha. I know this isn't what I normally listen to, but this is actually a pretty fun song. Nice choice.

Mas:  To be honest, I hope you try to steer clear of his obvious hits. He has a very vast collection and I don’t want the judges to feel that you are being too safe. You were in the bottom 2 last round so obviously they were not so keen on the song as compared to other artistes. In saying that, this is such an iconic song. And I think you get scared for being in the Bottom 2 last round.

Ed Sheeran – Bloodstream

Mark:  Okay, it might seem like I might be picking on the other coaches, I swear I’m not. Here’s the thing though: most of the submissions from the other teams have done very little to impress me, and in that group is this song. I didn’t really care that much for this song, but I didn’t hate it either. It has things about it I like. Maybe I’m just tired and I’ve been picking bad times to judge, and considering I was just in a Castings this week followed by the work weekend, that’s a distinct possibility.

Nat: I’m ashamed of how many Ed Sheeran songs I know all the lyrics to. Really rad song. Ed’s a cool dude.

Cherry: He has a pretty nice voice, but I don't listen to him much. This song is like, idk. It's okay

Mas: Have not heard this song before. I do like it. Nice lyrics and beats. Nice you sent in something not so popular.

Billy Joel - It’s Still Rock And Roll To Me

Mark: I remember having to sing this in a medley while I did Chorus in Middle School. lmfao It’s an easy song to get stuck in your head, but at the same time, it never stays there for long. It’s pretty decent, but not quite as good as your last song I listened to the previous round

Nat:  This is pretty good. A little surprised you’re still in this, but it’s A okay with me. Decent song.

Cherry: Well this is one of his better 80s songs, but still 80s. 70s Joel next round, pleaseeeeeee.

Mas:  Loving the beats of this. Really makes you move along to the beat. Good job!

Twenty One Pilots – The Judge

Mark: EAnd we finish the round with Twenty One Pilots, the one that’s a Natcher darling on your team most likely. Honestly, if what I’ve heard from these guys so far is any indication, I really don’t get the appeal. There’s a lot worse I guess. I mean, you could be “ANGELS” OF FENWAY. But I did not like this song either. It felt vapid and stale the entire way through, but it wasn’t anything I wouldn’t have expected.

Nat: I am the judge! This is decent. It’s catchy. What you’d expect from them. I think it’s a pretty cool song.

Cherry:This is pretty cute. ...oh, then the chorus starts and it's kinda high pitched, hahaha. This is okay though.

Mas:  I like this song. Never heard of this but very catchy.

Last edited by masbond84 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:20 pm

Wait... did I judge the right Bright Eyes song? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:26 pm

WolfNVX4444 wrote:
Wait... did I judge the right Bright Eyes song? lol

yes, you did. i forgot to change the title. i edited it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:29 pm

We will start off with Team Cherry.

In first place with 34.5 is
Spoiler:

In second place with 28.5 is
Spoiler:

This means the Bottom 2 for Team Cherry are
Spoiler:

Cherry will have to choose who she wants to save. Please wait until all the results have been posted before making your choice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Next up is Team Mark!

First with 33 is
Spoiler:

Second with 32 is
Spoiler:

This leaves the Bottom 2 as
Spoiler:

Please decide on who you to want to be moving on, Mark!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 pm

Team Nat is next!

First with 30 is
Spoiler:

Second with 29.5 is
Spoiler:

That means the Bottom 2 is
Spoiler:

Please choose on who you are moving on to the the next round!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Last is Team Mas!

First with 34.5 is
Spoiler:

Second with 31.5 is
Spoiler:

That means the Bottom 2 is
Spoiler:

It's time for all the coaches to decide why and who is going to the next round!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:04 pm

it would be pretty cool if Nat and cherry gave Madonna and xtina tens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:28 pm

Can Turner be expelled for blatantly revealing his artists?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Yeah Turner, I already know that;s not going to happen, which leads me to my decision. Honestly, whoever leaves tonight from my team is too good for this judging panel and its such a shame because with the right judges from the IMDb Group, you'd probably have both been contending for first place.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Iraheto wrote:
neither are my artists
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:41 pm

cooltu101 wrote:
Iraheto wrote:
neither are my artists

More revelations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:43 pm

Why are you starting shit with me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:48 pm

To be fair, the artist Turner sent for me (Lady Gaga) already lost last round, so that already eliminated Madonna (and Coldplay by extension) from being his artist by default.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:49 pm

omg Turner, shut up rofl. You're such a broken record.

edit: Also, instead of fighting with Javi, and annoying me, you should send me your songs for Henry's game. Thanks, love <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:54 pm

My elimination: This is a pretty easy one. One of you sent a terrible baseball song, and it makes me fearful of what you will send next. The other one, there's hopes that you will make an even more hilarious mistake next time, or else finally send the song that makes me go ERFGJHDFKGHD I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SENT THIS. So I am eliminating
Spoiler:

CIGARETTES AFTER SEX IN THIS TO WIN, THOUGH. DON'T LET ME DOWN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:10 am

Whoever is leaving from my team, I want you to know that you are too good for this judging panel. Because with the right group of judges, you probably would have been in contention to make finals and lose because I always lose.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:11 am

lol Nat <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:44 am

Okay, based on songs and judges taste,

I've decided to move forward
Spoiler:

We will wait for Tara to reveal the eliminated artistes and the next round..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    

Back to top Go down

The Voice SEND SONGS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next