AuthorMessage
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 am

I love how Cherry conveniently forgets about The Rolling Stones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:40 am

...everything I listed was on my team. I didn't feel like looking through all other teams to see if anything fit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:22 pm

I realized that after. But I think we all get the point by now that there are still many big names in music that are still in this game.

Really, when it gets down to it, Idol games are not about who's the most influential musician in like the 1960's or something, but it's about thinking about what will pass with we, the judges, and trying to find a compromise between what the player likes and what the judges like. In the case of The Voice, it's about being smart with your artists so that when the time comes, you can send your big guns out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Icarus_Mark wrote:
In the case of The Voice, it's about being smart with your artists so that when the time comes, you can send your big guns out.

This is the one thing I’ve hated about The Voice games. Instead of grading the song sent that round people grade on the artists entire catalog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:59 pm

got all the songs, sending soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 pm

sent to the judges, good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:31 pm

Comments and decisions sent. Some of you on my team were not exactly the best in making decisions on what songs to send.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:29 am

CHERRY

Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away - So the first round my team was a hot mess and I arranged things randomly to get rid of the weird stuff. But now pretty much everything on my team is good, so I paid attention to the matchups and paired up people that seem mostly evenly matched. I like this song a lot more than the one you submitted in the first round. It's smooth and has kind of a breezy, laid-back sound.

vs

James Taylor - Secret Of Life - Welcome to the team, James. I got my first two choices for steals last time, so I hope you feel wanted. This is a really great song, I love his voice so much, it's very soothing. Two talented men, this is a tough matchup.

Spoiler:

Bright Eyes - Road to Joy - It's like you knew you'd be paired against Bob Dylan, so you went with a political song. This is from one of my all-time favorite albums. This song is like, general public friendly enough that you could have saved it, though. Don't be afraid to send something weird in the rounds where it's just me listening, haha.

vs.

Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan - A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall - I know Nat dropped you because of the challenge of finding good audio quality videos that are actually Bob singing, and not a fake that lures you in. That is a legit concern, but I was willing to take a chance, and you did a great job this round. Good song, high quality, correct artist blah This is a really difficult matchup, now I'm wishing I hadn't put these two together because I don't know who to get rid of.

Spoiler:

The Beatles - This Boy - This seemed like the obvious matchup, two big, influential bands who were popular around the same time. I've been liking your song selections so far, I appreciate not going with obvious picks, and I like their softer songs.

vs.

The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl - Much better song selection this round. They do have some fun upbeat songs, but I really love the slow songs. Brian Williams is pretty much just amazing. This is such a simple song, but it's a masterpiece.

Spoiler:

Cigarettes After Sex - Keep on Loving You - Lolz REO Speedwagon cover <3 This is one of the first songs I ever heard by them. It's good, a fresh take on a cheesy classic love ballad.

vs.

Mazzy Star - Flowers in December - So I will finally discover what another song by this band sounds like! This is good, too. T.ears, everyone on my team is so amazing, I feel bad for anyone I am dropping.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:32 am

MARK

Madonna – Cherish – Last round, you had a surprisingly hard time staying against Foster the People, and when Sia is at her best, I don’t imagine your matches are going to get any easier. So without further ado, let’s get this song rolling! And I am wowed! It’s not a song I’m familiar with from Madonna, but at the same time, it’s got a lot of what draws me to Madonna so much and what makes you such a tough opponent for anyone who opposes you on Team Mark! This song just makes me so happy and really does give me joy, and the video is pretty heartwarming as well. If you can continue to be smart with your choices, then I feel great about my chances with you.

Sia – Confetti – To be honest Sia, you are quite literally the luckiest person on this team right now that you are still here. You only had to beat Bruno Mars, and even then you had trouble since I am no fan of Bruno Mars in the slightest. Madonna is going to be a lot tougher and she has already given me a blowout performance, so this song had better be balls to the wall amazing to counter it. Listening to this, it’s leagues better than what you sent me in the 3-way and like Madonna’s submission, it’s not one I’m familiar with, but it’s also one I can see myself listening to after this round is over and done with.

Madonna vs. Sia – I’m gonna be honest, you both managed to give me something new and really take it to the next level. This makes my decision between you two harder to make because you’ve both managed to show why I like you both on my team.

Spoiler:

Lady Gaga – Speechless – I can’t stop laughing. Okay, so you send one of my favorite songs the last round, the song that has actually appeared in my dreams no less, and now you send me the song that would have moved Mas. Lady Gaga, you know I love you as an artist, but for me personally, that song’s kind of lame. You have a great arsenal of songs, even ones that exhibit who she is, but Speechless really isn’t the choice for me. If you do happen to move on, you’re going to be in for a god-awfully hard match-up to prove a spot in the Final 16, so if you move on, you need to show me your passion.

Pink – Family Portrait – I like you Pink, which is why I stole you. Really, when it came down to whomsoever else I had to choose from, when Mas dropped you against Christina Aguilera, he was basically deciding who to keep on his team and who he was giving over to me on a silver platter. When I listen to this song, it’s nowhere near the echelon of Pink’s best songs. To be fair, you and Gaga should probably be lucky I didn’t switch either of you with the Madonna-Sia match-up because you’d both be gone if I got those songs from you against them with what they sent me. However, this song isn’t terrible. It’s decent, but it wasn’t great. If you advance here, you will need to stand out in a big way.

Lady Gaga vs. Pink – So with the performances I got, this battle was not what it could have been. It could have been an epic teardown between two great female musicians. Instead I got 2 pretty lukewarm songs. So when it comes down to it, it will depend on how you can step up your game to make sure you earn your spot in the Final 16.

Spoiler:

ABBA –Voulez Vous – So a little history on how I feel about ABBA. In the early 2010’s, I did community college acting classes. While I thought I’d be walking into what TV Production was like in High School where I was walking into a Hollywood-esque environment, what I got was a stage environment, and to be honest, it felt like it really brought me together with people I didn’t really expect, and so I begin to really appreciate musical playwrights, which ABBA happens to be. It eventually got me watching Mamma Mia! Yep, the musical with Amanda Seyfried that people hated and is in some people’s worst movies lists. And you know what? I enjoyed the movie, partly because ABBA brought the movie to life. So really, I’m lowkey a fan of ABBA, and when Mas dropped you, my mind was screaming JACKPOT and I snatched you right up.

So onto the song itself. This song is actually pretty fun, which I actually didn’t expect when I listened to the first 10 seconds of it. But then again, it’s ABBA, and she’s full of life, so really, why did I have any doubts? So see, I can enjoy older musicians, and ABBA is example of the right kind of such. You’re also being smart by not being too obvious right now, and I hope if you stay you continue to be smart while giving me performances that reinforce my lively thoughts about you.

Bob Seger – Roll Me Away – Last time, although you wowed me enough to keep you with me for Round 2, you were matched with someone who I also didn’t know. This time around, it’s time to see if you have staying power with me by going up against ABBA. Originally, you were going up against The Rolling Stones, and had ABBA advanced on Team Mas or stolen by someone else, that match-up you would have had with The Rolling Stones would have happened and Coldplay would have taken my other steal on instead. Now, for the song, I wasn’t as impressed with this as I was with your first choice, but I still quite liked it. It kind of gives me a homey kind of vibe because I have family in the South and so it feels like a throwback.

ABBA vs. Bob Seger – I have to say, you’re both pretty good and I think I did a good thing putting your match-up in the back half of my match-ups. You both have some serious potential in this game which makes it all the more unbelievable ABBA got passed up. I am presented with yet another tough call and whoever doesn’t advance, I do hope you get stolen.

Spoiler:

Coldplay – Fix You – I love this song by you. It’s mellow and really heartfelt. I was listening to other songs by you earlier today not this, but this song really has that great sadness to it that makes it earnest. Was this what I had been missing out on for the past 5 years? Will it be enough to pass against The Rolling Stones? Let’s find out.

The Rolling Stones – Paint It Black – Okay, so Rolling Stones, I’m going to be fair with you. Why did you send me this song now? We could have used this later on down the road when everyone was judging! What were you thinking wasting it in the 2nd round? Paint It Black is a great song, don’t get me wrong, but it should have been saved for much later on down the road when it really mattered. Now I’m left wondering if I advance you, will everything you submit from here on out underwhelm the judging panel?

Coldplay vs. The Rolling Stones – So I put you 2 together because I wanted a pair of people battling for redemption to see who truly should continue on with the journey. If I didn’t do it now, then if you both advanced to Round 3, it would have just been you 2 battling it out on Round 3. Not to mention, you both are rock bands, so really, pitting you 2 against each other was going to happen no matter what round I did it in. It was about cutting the number of rock bands battling for redemption down to 1.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:34 am

NAT

Ellie Goulding vs. Foster The People

Ellie Goulding - Under Control

Comments: I really like this song. For me, it's kind of one of those under the radar songs by her but when I hear it, I enjoy it. I'll admit you're not my favorite on my team, but Mark really likes you, so I feel like you have a really good shot at winning this thing. Very glad that you're on my side. Third time's the charm.

Foster The People - Helena Beat

Comments: I love Foster The People. I really do. When I saw that you were available, I had to steal you. But now it's bittersweet because my team is already so stacked. Helena Beat is such a great song though. Foster The People have a very distinctive sound that I love.

Spoiler:

Arctic Monkeys vs. Smashing Pumpkins

Arctic Monkeys - Leave Before The Lights Come On

Comments: Whoa. No one ever sends this song. It's not even on one of their albums lol. I really love 2006 Arctic Monkeys though. Fantastic song. Alex Turner is king.

Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight

Comments: This definitely has that typical Smashing Pumpkins feel to it. I don't know though. It wasn't really clicking with me. Just felt super underwhelming.

Spoiler:

Hozier vs. Lana Del Rey

Hozier - Work Song

Comments: God, I love this song. I love all of Hozier's songs. They're all amazing. His voice is just so cool and his songs have a lot of substance as well. What more could you ask for? So good, I have to listen to it multiple times before I move on.

Lana Del Rey - Love

Comments: I love this song too! Her voice is just so haunting. It makes me feel feelings. It's such a simple song, but it's so good. Exactly what I like.

Spoiler:

Childish Gambino vs. James Arthur

Childish Gambino - Telegraph Ave (Oakland by Lloyd)

Comments: AHHHH this is one of my favorite songs! I'm a little worried though because the majority of Gambino's songs are rap outside of Awaken, My Love! and I'm not sure how the other judges are going to like them. You can count on one hand how many true rap fans there are still active on this board and I'm one of them. Maybe I should have told you to save this one. But whatever, I still love it so much. Because The Internet is a fantastic album and this is a standout.

James Arthur - You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You

Comments: Honestly, I didn't really want anyone available for steal besides Foster The People. The rest of my top 10, I wasn't crazy about. I do like some of James Arthur's songs from what I've heard though. He's got a great voice. This is a fun song. A little forgettable, but it's decent.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:36 am

MAS

1) Imagine Dragons: I believe this is one of their newer songs. It does has a catchy beat. Guess you are saving some of the better songs for later. This is not too bad and does keep me tapping while listening.

Twenty One Pilots: I do like this song a lot. It's very catchy. I have not heard too many of their songs but I do like the ones that I hear. This stays in your head a lot.

Spoiler:

2) Christina Aguilera: Christina is the only female artiste left on my team so definitely that's a plus for her. For song submission, this was not too bad but I believe she has much better songs even if not the best. So that is definitely something to think about if she moves on.

Billy Joel: I'm not exposed to as much Billy Joel as is to Christina so I don't really know how much of his big hits are there. I do like this song though. Very easy to hum to and catchy. I've loved both round's submissions so far so at this point, I'm just thinking who might have a better chance moving forward.

Spoiler:

3) Ed Sheeran: This is such a nice song with beautiful lyrics. I really like his catalogue of songs too. And his voice is definitely pleasant to listen to.

Frank Sinatra: Personally, I will really like to see Frank Sinatra move on in the game. But I do have a strong team so it's hard to just move him on without thinking how he does later on. This is quite a beautiful song. I'm not sure the other judges will like it that much though. I'm just glad I had him on my team.

Spoiler:

4) Michael Jackson: Such a great song and a cool video. MJ has such an expansive catalogue of songs. Kinda nice you went with newer MJ after the older one last round. Shows that you know from different albums as well.

Bruno Mars: Bruno Mars gotta be one of my favourite male artistes of the recent years. He also has a good backlog of songs. I think I have heard of this even though not one of my favourites. But this is still such a catchy song. Also props for picking something not so obvious.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:41 am

Spoiler:

Judges do your top 5 this time, only one steal is allowed this time around. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:11 am

Won't that leave with just 5 artists per team if we can only steal 1 person or is Top 20 the live shows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:56 am

i got a feeling cindy is doing top 20 for the lives. that's how the real show does it anyway, they have even done top 24 before. i usually did top 16 cos i have fewer artistes to start off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:58 am

Huh okay! I just wanted to know her answer before I begin sending a list of steals. I'll probably be stealing from you again Mas Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:17 am

lol i wonder who will that be
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:02 pm

top 20 live.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Okay.

So my number 1 choice and my number 2 choice was a very hard decision to make. The battle to see which of the 2 I wanted to take more went back and forth all day long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Shocked

Last edited by modica on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Are you allowed to reveal yourself yet? Your artises are not officially eliminated yet. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:08 pm

That happens to more than just you David lol I should know because it's been done to me before.

To be fair though, Frank Sinatra isn't really my cup of tea. I mean, I know he's a legend and all, but he's not someone I listen to on a day-to-day basis, basically because I'm picky on older musicians.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:06 pm

I just really dislike Ed Sheeran.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Judges:

Cherry

Bright Eyes
Beach Boys
cigarettes for sex
James Taylor
Smashing Pumpkins STEAL

Mark

Madonna
Lady Gaga
Coldplay
ABBA
Christina Aguilera STEAL

Nat

Elle Goulding
Arctic Monkeys
Childish Gambino
Lana Del Ray
Imagine Dragons STEAL

Mas

Ed Sheeran
Michael Jackson
Billy Joel
twenty one pilots
Sia STEAL

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Bruno Mars was
Spoiler:

Frank Sinatra was
Spoiler:

James Arthur was
Spoiler:

Hozier was
Spoiler:

Foster The People was
Spoiler:

The Rolling Stones was
Spoiler:

Bob Seger was
Spoiler:

Pink was
Spoiler:

Mazzy Star  was
Spoiler:

The Beatles was
Spoiler:

Bob Dylan was
Spoiler:

Paul Simon was
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:10 pm

Really Nat? Ellie Goldilocks over Foster The People?

Smh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Voice SEND SONGS    

Back to top Go down

The Voice SEND SONGS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next