cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:30 am

I am shocked ellie goulding didnt make the finals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:55 am

Wow Harley, you were a little harsh on Whitney. What hits were you thinking of I could have sent? I was saving I Wanna Dance with Somebody and I Will Always Love You for the finale. If by " It's Not Right" you mean " It's Not Right but It's Okay" I already sent that.

I mean, think about how this game works too, when people try to take risks, some judges call it the worst thing ever *coughTurnercough*

So annoyed at Cher and Whitney getting f*cked like this, that's all. I knew all game long Blur had no chance Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
HarleyStodden

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:57 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to be harsh at all reading it back over it comes across a little ott. I had no idea you had sent 'Its Not Right but It's Okay' thanks for correctiing me on the correct title Hun so that's my bad.

Obviously the two songs you were saving were what I had expected. I would've loved 'My Love Is Your Love', 'One Moment in Time', 'Million Dollar Bill' or 'I Didn't know my Own Strength'. It wasn't that I didn't like Step by Step - it was just that it paled in comparison to the other submissions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:20 am

You should have sent saving all my love for you, and i want to dance with somebody and sent i want to dance with somebody for the encore round
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Yea but then I would have to think about a third song to send lol. My plan was I Will Always Love You, I Wanna Dance With Somebody, and for the encore send I Have Nothing.

Guess I could have done All My Love for the third song, but not sure how that would go. I wanted to play it safe for the finale. TOO LATE NOW I GUESS *stares at Harley*

kidding!
Back to top Go down
HarleyStodden

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Yes it's all me cry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Not a fan of Whitney, but All At Once , IMO, is her best song, closely followed by How will I know.

I remember a story from the mid 80s, Whitney was appearing on an Italian TV show. She sang All At Once (live) , and the crowd and presenters were so blown away that they actually asked her to perform it right there again, and of course she duly obliged. Incredible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:47 pm

masbond84 wrote:
Therefore, Nat is our 3rd-placed coach

Literally the best I could hope for lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:45 am

Waiting on Jesse to send his submissions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesseRebel

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Oh shit, just saw this. Sending now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Sent out to the coaches and guest judges
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:32 pm

I will judge tonight?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:34 am

Update?
Back to top Go down
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:39 am

Am waiting on Harley...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:02 am

Please grade Harley senpai
Back to top Go down
HarleyStodden

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:34 am

Sorry y'all I've been terrible. Mas I will judge in the next few hours
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:10 am

It's,ok Harley you Jessica Henry and Emer are doing great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:45 pm

It's time for the finale. From 32 artistes, we are now down to 4 artistes.

Representing TEAM JESS are THE ROLLING STONES and MICHAEL JACKSON.

Representing TEAM HARLEY are LADY GAGA and CHRISTINA AGUILERA.

We are also joined with 3 judges for this finale: Tomcat, Misty and Dana.

Let's find out what everyone think about the songs selection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Let's see what the comments are.

1) Team Jess: The Rolling Stones - "I Can't Get No (Satisfaction)" (Throwback Song)

Quote :
Mas: This is such a good song and a good choice for a throwback. Even though I just heard it last round, it's still a good song to listen to.

Turner: perfect song to pick what else can I say other then it's fantastic

Misty: I really used to hate The Rolling Stones when I was younger, my mom would force us to listen to them all the time. As I have got older I have grown to appreciate their music.

Nat: Not my favorite song from them that you've sent, but it's an awesome song nonetheless. I actually like you the most out of all four, so I hope you do well this last round. Honestly, I did not think you would make it this far and I regret a little bit dropping you.

Tomcat: Iconic riff and groove. I'm not much of a Stones fan, and when I do like them I tend to prefer "She's a Rainbow" or whatever weird crap that everyone else hates ("Wild Horses" is a great song). This sort of mod-rock crap is fun, but nothing special. "...a man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be / But he can't be a man because he doesn't smoke the same cigarettes as me". Not gonna lie, brilliant line. So-so.

Jess: I like that you chose this one as your throwback song. All of the judges loved this song so great choice!

Dana: First I have to say, I almost feel I have no right judging such icons and heroes of music. But on the other hand, that is how they got to be legends, by being judged so. Satisfaction! Nearly a perfect song. Never has a tambourine been used to such advantage in music.

Harley: Well I said it the first time and I will say it again, this song is one of the most important songs ever made imo. It is iconic period point blank. It was without a doubt the best choice for the throwback. Same points as last time and a great start to this strong finale.

2) Team Harley: Christina Aguilera - "Beautiful"

Quote :
Mas: I love this. The lyrics are very beautiful and it is such an empowering song. Love her vocals in this.

Turner: this song is and will always be beautiful thank you for sending it haven't heard it in awhile

Misty: I do not usually care for her music but I really like this one. Nice lyrics and good sound.

Nat: Comments: I think it's safe to say that this is a good song to save until this round. It's one of her better ones for sure, but it still doesn't do much for me. Never has. But again, you could have done a lot worse.

Tomcat: lolz, does she whisper, "don't look at me", at the beginning? I admit, I kind of like this song. Maybe it's nostalgia - I really should dislike this. Her voice is usually annoying, but it works in this song. This video is cracking me up, though. So angsty.

Jess: How can anyone hate on this song? The lyrics are so good and powerful. Love it!

Dana: A yes, beautiful showcase for Xtina's voice. Rumba worthy! Why doesn't she get songs of this quality all the time?

Harley: Now to me, I was about 8 when I first heard this song and saw the video. The video is actually mature and done better than that of recent tries (see Firework by Katy Perry) it was gross in the sense of how human’s shun anything that isn’t ordinary. Similar traits where in Tatu – All The Things She Said and they both stick out even today in terms of ‘teen musicians’ doing something more mature. Its probably where Christina sets herself apart from her other co=singers (like Britney, J-LO etc.) as in her music usually had some kind of message behind.

3) Team Jess: Michael Jackson - "Billie Jean"

Quote :
Mas: Such an iconic song. And if you don't really look at the lyrics, it just seems like a normal dance number but it has a more deeper lyrics.

Turner: the king of pop at his best this is catchy as hell great job

Misty: I am sure I will hear it for this but I think Michael Jackson is overrated. A few songs are okay and luckily for you this one of them.

Nat: Comments: Favorite song from MJ. I was wondering when this would get sent. Love everything about this.

Tomcat: MJ is like the Stones for me... when I like him, I tend to like his songs that no sane person would like so much. I admit, I'm liking this more than I used to - maybe it's been long enough since I've heard it. Strange how sparse this arrangement is, especially for the time. Decent.

Jess: I have been waiting all season for this. This is one of the best songs of all time. Anyone who hates on it is a fool. Razz Loveeee it!  

Dana: A song so dark, sooty, sinister, dirty. No matter what can be said about Michael Jackson, he could make a hell of a record. Probably one of the best records ever made

Harley: It is THE most important song ever made. Not one of the most important songs, THE most import song ever made. Yes gawd. That’s the truth. That’s the tea. I really wouldn’t expect anything else but a solid 10 for this record, it is just too good beyond words.

4) Team Harley: Lady Gaga - "Born This Way"

Quote :
Mas: Such a long intro, lol. It's been awhile since I heard this song. Very catchy and of course another song about being who you are, just like "Beautiful". Great number!

Turner: I do like this song but there are better songs you could have sent

Misty: Not a fan of Gagas either. This video is super weird. The song is okay I guess

Nat: I wish you didn't send this long ass music video lol. I'm skipping ahead to the actual song. Like three minutes in. Anyway, her music is not really my thing, but this is one of her funner songs. Definitely a good finale song. Great job.

Tomcat: wtf is with this weird monologue with the bizarre score? Wait, is this from Vertigo??? I'm torn... on one hand, musically this is actually sort of interesting, the arrangement itself; on the other hand, every word that comes out of her mouth makes me roll my eyes. lol @ the end... bubblegum, nice touch.

Jess: Love this one!!! It's so catchy and fun, with a good meaning. You can't help but sing along to this one.

Dana: Now we have an upbeat happy song about the joys of being yourself, whatever that happens to be! Lady Gaga pokes fun at society, sci fi, and as always, herself

Harley: This may or not be her most iconic songs and I do think this song is one of the most important songs in the past decade. It was made when at the time, the LGBTQ community were fighting for certain rights and freedoms across the globe (Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, Marriage Equality etc.) now I don’t expect a lot of straight people to have this significant message with this song, but it really is a song that proved how music can incorporate our current political climate.

5) Team Harley: Christina Aguilera - "Hurt" (Throwback Song)  

Quote :
Mas: Such a great song. Definitely one of my favourite from her. Good choice to bring back. Love the emotions and the lyrics.

Turner: I wish you sent I turn to you that would have been better It is still great though

Misty: I dont like this one either. At least the video was better than the last one

Nat: Best throwback song you could have sent and I think I've complimented her music more than I would like to throughout this game. You get it already.

Tomcat: I don't think I've heard this, but this is awful. OK, it's a little better when she stops belting, for those brief moments. It goes from this inoffensive background singing over a film score, to just being a miserable torch song. Oh, drums now, the epic part. OMG, does she shut up? Some parts are good, other parts are truly horrible.

Jess: Like I said last time, my favorite Christina song. I love this one.  

Dana: That voice. Outstanding performance, I love the circus so I like the video, song is okay.

Harley: Same score as last time, never gets old and its powerful AF. Sorry not sorry.

6) Team Jess: The Rolling Stones - "Brown Sugar"

Quote :
Mas: Quite a good number, liking the rock and roll vibe. I'm not reall aware of their discography but this is not a bad number.

Turner: this was just ok for me

Misty: Not for me. Its not horrible, its just okay.

Nat: Another great song from the Stones. You're killing it. I love it.

Tomcat: This is around when the Rolling Stones became a parody of themselves, trying to supplement their formula with a bit of Kinks or Mott the Hoople to stay relevant (they'd start aping T. Rex, too, within the year). It's not a bad song, but it's really not good, either. Brown sugar is nice, but raw cane sugar (which is also brown) is better, btw. Sorry.

Jess: YASSSS this one is great!!

Dana: the trouble with the Stones songs for me as a judge is, I have heard them all my life, was there when they first came out, and I am a bit burned out on them. Though the Stones are always  on my list of the best bands to ever play rock. Or blues. But the thrill of the new is over for me. Not one of my favorite Stones songs, anyway.

Harley: I do like Brown Sugar quite a bit. I wouldn’t say its worthy of the finale though but its still a grade A song. A part of me totally thinks certain parts of it could be in a commercial though? Does anyone else get that…like it has this oddly weird commercial vibe? Anyway, I liked it but didn’t love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:57 pm

7) Team Harley: Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance"

Quote :
Mas: Easily my fav song from her. This bring backs so much memories. So catchy!

Turner: I can't deny this is a good song and very catchy as well

Misty: If I had to listen to her it would be this song.  

Nat: Another good song to save for the finale. You've played it very smart and it might just pay off. Probably my favorite song by her, I think?

Tomcat: Ra ra blah blah blah, gaga doi doi doi. Her voice is very affected here, and not in a cool way. Actually, the chorus isn't awful - catchy, good arrangement - stupid lyrics, but ear-candy. Everything else is just her trying to sound edgy and, frankly, there's nothing edgy about her music (or her persona, try-hard as she may). Oh hey, Vertigo reference - 2 Gaga songs so far, a Vertigo reference in each. We get it Gaga, you watch old-ish movies. So edgy!

Dana: I like the chorus best on this. I bet the American Horror Story producers saw this video, then decided Gaga should do their show

Jess: I will never get tired of this song.  

Harley: After Toxic and Cry Me A River this is my third favourite pop song ever made. I get that it might not of aged that well but it truly is an incredible song and a party anthem to the highest order. It is her BEST imo and I will never stop loving. Plus hun’s vocals are slaying me for days.

8)Team Jess: Michael Jackson - "They Don't Care About Us" (Throwback Song)

Quote :
Mas: Kinda wish other songs had a chance to be submitted in the game. Considering the songs as throwback, guess this is one of the better ones to be submitted. Quite a good number.

Turner: this song is great it has a great message as well

Nat: Oh I remember when you sent this and I said it was amazing. I stand by it.

Misty: I am not really sure how I feel about this one. In one way it is talking about racism against african americans but then it is kind of racist against Jewish people. I like how the video is in a prison, gives it a little more meaning.

Tomcat: I actually kinda like this MJ era - when I first heard him, or shortly before. You know that Free Willy song, "Will You Be There"? That song is classic. Love it. This isn't that good, but it's a pretty cool song. Like, it's tough thinking of MJ as edgy, but he was kind of nuts, so throwing down works. The dancing almost helps, oddly. The arrangement here, just this hard, compressed groove then that weird synth chaos... kind of glorious. Approved!

Jess: This is amazing! Glad you chose it as your throwback.

Dana: A song by MJ I haven't heard much. Certainly powerful  

Harley: YAS I am so happy that you chose this song over your others! I loved this the first time and I love it the second time. Still one of my fave’s from MJ! I low key live for 90s Michael!

9) Team Harley - Christina Aguilera - "Fighter"

Quote :
Mas: I so love this song. Glad that this was submitted. Love her energy and vocals in this.

Misty: I dont care much for this one. The lyrics are decent, the video and music make it seem more rockish

Turner: this song has always been one of my favorites I bet Nat will like a rock one too lol.

Nat: I actually don't think this song is half-bad. Very smart to send this. It's definitely one of her best songs in my book.

Tomcat: Oh, Christina trying to be edgy now. You know in How I Met Your Mother, when Robin Sparkles went grunge and did the whole "P.S. I Love You" thing? Yeah, so, that was a joke... but this is like a real version of that. This legit sounds like it was written for an "empowerment"/rebel scene in a Disney Channel movie, or a commercial selling lipgloss to 14-year-olds. This is kinda awful.

Jess: OMG I was obsessed with this when it first came out. It's a really good song.  

Dana: I like the message in this song and Xtina as always. Not near my fave of the round though.

Harley: Yo this song is so fucking lit. I always hated the music video though, but the song is hands down iconic. I live for the bridge and her softer vocals. The acrobats are all over the place but it completely works with the core message of the song. Again another prime example where Xtina chose a significant message with her songs, makes me that much stronger.

10) Team Jess: The Rolling Stones - "Sympathy For the Devil"

Quote :
Mas: Love the catchiness of it. It does goes on a bit too long though.

Turner: my dad plays this all the time it's a great song. You have really impressed me this season.

Nat: One of my favorite songs by them and I'm glad you saved it. I love it. It's perfection. Best song of the round.

Tomcat: So, this is one of the Stones songs I like. Like, it's cryptic and stuff. Is he Rasputin in this verse? Awwww, I love Rasputin. "I watched with glee while your kings and queens fought for ten decades, for the gods they made" <3 WHO KILLED KENNEDY? IT WAS YOU AND ME! Musically, awesome groove... and I love the "woo woos". Lyrically, I love how it goes through all these incarnations, but also puts it on the listener (or, who he's theoretically talking to) and dredging up their own implicit corruption through weakness. Misanthropy for the win. <3 Great song.

Misty: Love it. One of my favorites of their songs. Great Pick

Jess: Another great song from The Stones. I love the lyrics to this and it's just a great song!

Dana: now we have it! One of my very favorites from the Stones! I will never get tired of this. A movie in my head, a brilliant song. The classic of the 60's.

Harley: Far better than Brown Sugar – I think its this kind of song where you notice the small details that no one else has managed to replicate. Just those small sound that truly distinguish them from others. I still think this is a little lacklustre for the finale but honestly, this is the strongest finale I have ever judged and everyone deserves to win. A true nail bitter.

11) Team Harley: Lady Gaga - "Poker Face" (Throwback Song)

Quote :
Mas: Very catchy and good choice for a throwback song.

Turner: besides paparazzi this is my favorite gaga song even the biggest indie snob would say it's a good pop tune great job.

Misty: Okay maybe I can stand some of her music.

Nat: Pretty good choice. This is a decent song by her and the obvious one to resend.

Tomcat: Oh god... OK, I hate this song. But who knows, maybe I'll like it this time or at least catch a Vertigo reference. Beats headphones - product placement! Cute dog... what a horse-sized baby! <3 Oh, good, it's finally over. Ba ba ba ba ba

Jess: Yesssss this will always be my jam. ughhh this finale is so good. I think it is going to be really close.  

Dana: This is an ok song too, just ok, Lady Gaga's videos are so slick I enjoy them

Harley: Point case proven here – same as last time, only slightly better the second time around?

12) Team Jess: Michael Jackson - "Thriller"

Quote :
Mas: Such an iconic song. I think it's good that you didn't send the MV as it would make it very long. Definitely a great song to submit.

Turner: saved the best For last I think so you have done great all season imo you deserve to win good luck

Misty: Crying or Very sad I would have preferred to see the video. This is the other song I like of his. Other than video Good choice

Nat: No brainer sending this in. It's fantastic. Great way to end the season.  

Tomcat: I remember thinking the video to this was really cool, but that the song was awful. It's been ages, though... footsteps, howling, oh it's building, it's building... It's here! A couple minutes in and I just want it to end. But... "They will possess you, unless you change that number on your dial"... wait! Is this song about junkies/being a junkie (/a "zombie")? Like, I realize the official story is that it's a horror novelty song, Vincent Price and all to make that happen... but for all the songs people say are about drugs when they aren't, listening to this now, I'm about 90% sure this song is legit about drugs with some horror tropes thrown in to cover it up. Anyway, don't like the song.

Jess: I was waiting on this song. Smile I guess you were saving this amazing one for the last round. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! You just wanna get up and do the thriller dance. GO TEAM JESS!!!! 10/10

Dana: I am a movie fan, a dance afficianado, and a Walking Dead fan, so how could I not love this? I do! I am a person of the 80's and this was so big back then, you would not believe it. For good reason, this is a fantastic song.  

Harley: Okay I may or may not get crucified for this but I am not the biggest fan of this song. Maybe because it is just so overplayed but I think when you take away the video and iconic dance, you’re left with an average 80s pop song. I don’t know, I have never loved it. I am not saying its awful, but this was one of the songs I was talking about that I wasn’t a fan of (thank god you didn’t send Man in the Mirror though…) but I am not gonna be too harsh on the floor but its defo my least fave of you this round!  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:04 pm

It's now time to reveal the results.

In 4th place is...
Spoiler:

I'll also reveal the player behind the artiste!

And that person is...
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:10 pm

We are down to 3...

In 3rd place is...
Spoiler:

I'll also reveal the player behind the artiste.

The player is
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

We are now down to 2 artistes! Who will win Season 7 of Mas' The Voice? Find out after this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:17 pm

We are now down to the final 2!
Spoiler:

Let's find out who will join the ranks of these winning artistes: GOO GOO DOLLS, MUSE, LANA DEL RAY, NO DOUBT, ADELE and AVRIL LAVIGNE!

The winner is
Spoiler:

The player behind the artiste is...
Spoiler:

That also means our runner-up is...
Spoiler:

Thanks to all the players, coaches and guest judges for your help in the game! Till another season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Sad

Sorry Harley....I tried.

Congrats MJ!
Back to top Go down
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Great job jesse you picked 4 great acts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   

Back to top Go down

Mas "The Voice" Season 7...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next