AuthorMessage
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Waiting on Pete and Henry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:45 am

All songs have been sent out to the coaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Just waiting on Turner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Top 8 Results   Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:56 am

Welcome to the Top 8 round! Let's read what the coaches and myself have to say about this round's submissions.

1) Team Nat: Ellie Goulding - "Lights"

Quote :
Mas: It's a catchy number with an infectious beat. I love this!

Turner: this was pretty good I wish I kept you on my team

Nat: This is probably one of her catchiest songs. One of my favorites from her as well. It's the type that gets stuck in your head all day. I don't know if you can do much better than this.

Jess: I was soooo obsessed with this song when it first came out. I kind of got tired of it hearing it, but it's not a bad song.  

Harley: I actually like this song. It's bit of s guilty pleasure. I mean the chorus is probably the reason why, cause the verses are not that great while listening closely. I am kind of surprised you're still in the game, but then the music kind of speaks for itself. Ellie is slowing forming into a little dark horse.

2) Team Jess: The Rolling Stones - "Start Me Up"

Quote :
Mas: I just love Mick Jagger's voice. I think cos it's diff from most of the artistes that the songs kinda stand out. So love this.

Turner: this was great you are becoming a contender to win

Nat: Huge improvement from the last round, at least to me. Truly a great band. I'm pleasantly surprised that you're still in this game.  

Jess: This is a classic! So fun and catchy. Love it!

Harley: The beat does remind me so much of 'Should I Stay or Should I Go' but this is such a vast improvement from your last submission which was pretty bad. This is a great track. Completely forgot it was even by the Stones. I mean, I struggle to even understand what the lyrics are but I think that's half of the charm.  

3) Team Nat: Laleh - "Dark Shadow"

Quote :
Mas: I really have grown to like her voice. It's very unique and her songs are nice to listen to.  

Turner: this was boring worst song this round by far

Nat: I had to close my eyes while listening to this. God damn, this is beautiful. I am so happy you're still in. In my opinion, you stand out the most in this top 8. This might be your best one yet. I don't even know. They're all so good.

Jess: This song was pretty. I like it.

Harley: I get Bowie vibes from this mixed with a James Bond theme. I can't work out if that's a good thing. I would say it's your best submission yet but I've noticed that her songs are actually all pretty forgettable. I can remember one about an elephant? Idk. But yeah it does give me Bowie but like it's not subtle at all, almost comes off as if she's trying too hard. Sad truth is she sounds more like Charlie XCX. I mean I did enjoy it apart from that so it's not a bad score but it did cringe me out mostly.  

4) Team Harley: Lady Gaga - "The Edge of Glory"

Quote :
Mas: I didn't really put this at the top of fav songs from her. I kinda forget how catchy this is though and remembering the memories from years back.

Turner: this isn't one of my favorites from her I know you can do better

Nat: Lady Gaga's growing on me. There are a handful of songs from her that I know I like better than this one (some were already sent), but Edge of Glory is pretty good. Actually, as I'm listening to it, it's not as good as I remember. Maybe it's just the chorus that I like. Still, not a bad choice.

Jess: A great song from Gaga!! Love the beat and lyrics!  

Harley: I am so lit for this song you don't even understand. I am sorry but this is one of her best songs ever. I fucking hated it at first but when you really get hooked, you're hooked. It's like crystal meth. I have been pining for this song to be sent and I wasn't sure what the other judges would think but I will be shocked if they give it anything below a 10. Truly iconic sorry not sorry.  

5) Team Nat: The Killers - "Shot at the Dark"

Quote :
Mas: I kinda like a bit of how the song goes but I'm not gonna say I really like this.

Turner:  liked this was a bit different from the other songs you sent but it isn't good imo sorry

Nat:  I'm giving high scores to all of my team, but that's not because I'm biased or anything. I legitimately love all of them. The Killers is one of my all time favorite bands. I love this song. Goosebumps every time I hear "give me a shot at the night". Reminds me of college for some reason.

Jess: I wasn't blown away by this song, but it wasn't terrible.  

Harley: I waited for that chorus to truly start my judging cause I could tell this would be a bit of a slow grower. However this is just a slow grower if we were talking about a mould because it's just not that great. Lol, okay it's not THAT bad but when we have put it beside the rest of the material in the round - it's the weakest. I do like that it has this kind of 80s vibe going on, which is refreshing and a nice twist. It's not that bad once you get towards the end, but the verses bring it down I think. Then again, if the verses weren't what they were the chorus wouldn't be as special. Hmmm maybe I did enjoy this song - idk.  

6) Team Turner: Whitney Houston - "How Will I Know"

Quote :
Mas: The MTV is so 80s, lol. Not too bad a song but I have preferred her other songs in earlier rounds.

Turner: best song this round it is so catchy this is such a classic great job  

Nat:  You already know I'm not the biggest fan, but this is a really fun song. No hate. I like this. Pretty good round so far.

Jess: I feel like crap right now, but this song just puts me in a better mood.

Harley: Whitney had a rough few rounds but I can safely say she is now in auto pilot mode. This is the Whitney I think we all wanted. Everyone knows this song, and if you don't you either had a messed up childhood or you're denying yourself the Whitney Power. This is so 80s but it's just classic - Whitney is coming into her own now. I am low key shook.  

7) Team Jess: Michael Jackson - "Will You Be There"

Quote :
Mas: Oh, was this song from Free Willy? Didn't realise that. Kind of like the feel of this but yeah, not one of my top songs from him.

Turner: this is good I know you can do better

Nat: Oh wait, this is the Free Willy song. I don't know about this one. Obviously, it's good because it's Michael Jackson, but it's definitely not up to the standard of the past songs you sent. Not loving it.  

Jess: I really love Michael's slower songs. This song is perfect. <3

Harley: Oh okay. Good for you for sending in a lesser known song, I am so here for that and it takes balls. The only thing is....this was probably the worst round to do it in. Everyone brought their A-Game and this campfire song is kind of weak in comparison. This is a part of MJ's songs I am not particularly fond of, kind of how I feel about Black & White. lol at it being for Free Willy - that film used to make me cry like a bitch and I refuse to watch it. The song though....oh man I am just shocked but it might one of the worst of the round. It's just so cheeesy and not like Whitney cheesy but just so cheesy with the gospel and the whole clapping. Kill me tbh.

8)Team Harley: Christina Aguilera - "Genie in a Bottle"

Quote :
Mas: Ahh the song that introduced me to Christina! Vocals wise definitely better than Britney even if Britney seemed to be more popular. The nostalgia effect is big here so that definitely helps.

Turner: this brings back memories I love this song I am so glad you sent this well done

Nat: This song just screams late 90's. I've never been a big fan. This is one of those songs that everyone loves and I've always thought it was overrated. It's not terrible, but I don't necessarily like it either.

Jess: OMGosh this is bringing back so many childhood memories. <333 I love this one!

Harley: When I saw this was the last song, I literally knew I was going to be finishing judging this round in true heaven. My team lit it up this round. I don't care, this song is fucking iconic and makes me want to caress myself in a dimly lit room with some candles yas. It's so horny, legit, we never knew that when we were younger but now...this song has a whole new meaning. It's about discovering your sexuality. I am so here for this song, solid 10 easy. I expect you to be the top scorer of the round tbh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:00 am

It's time now to announce the results. Only the top 6 scoring artistes will be moving on.

1st artiste to be safe is...
Spoiler:

2nd artiste to be safe is...
Spoiler:

3rd artiste to be safe is...
Spoiler:

This is the number of safe artistes per coach:

Spoiler:

More results after this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:05 am

2 more artistes will be declared safe.

4th artiste to be safe is...
Spoiler:

5th artiste to be safe is...
Spoiler:

This is the number of safe artistes per coach:

Spoiler:

1 more safe spot! Find out who gets it next!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:14 am

We are left with these 3 artistes:
Spoiler:

Let's find out who is moving on.

And last artiste to be safe is...
Spoiler:

That means we also say goodbye to the following 2 artistes:
Spoiler:

I will also reveal the player behind each of them.

Spoiler:

These are the number of artistes each player has.

Spoiler:

We are now moving on into the semi-finals. For this round, each artiste will be sending in TWO songs. Choosing the correct songs will be key as only the top 4 scoring artistes will be moving into the finale. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:47 am

T.ears. Sorry I let you down, Nat. I honestly thought Turner might like that one, with the slight musical-feel to it. Misjudged that big time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emer_Halo

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Grr, can't say I'm surprised, though. Such a shame! I considered sending in 'When You Were Young' but thought I'd be berated again for sending one of their biggest hits now lol; then I was thinking  something from Day and Age like 'This Is Your Life' but thought it might be a bit too obscure so settled for something relatively well known lol

Apologies, Nat:

...But thanks for sticking with The Killers from the get-go :geek:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Don't be sorry. It was an uphill battle from the start. You're both winners in my book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:01 am

Just waiting on Henry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:41 am

Sorry. Sent!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:42 am

Songs have been sent out to the coaches
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Just waiting on Turner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesseRebel

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:25 pm

masbond84 wrote:
Just waiting on Turner

To think that I messaged him more than once to judge the songs when I saw him all over imdb these past 3 days. I told him judge so Mas doesn't have to say "Just waiting on Turner" like he always does since he clearly has nothing but free time but yet again he didnt do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Jesse I have been working today all day don't tall about things you know nothing about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:13 pm

I will have it done soon but I got a lot of songs to listen to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesseRebel

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:19 pm

cooltu101 wrote:
Jesse I have been working today all day don't tall about things you know nothing about.

You were working while arguing with Neil? What about yesterday or the day before when you were on imdb for hours?

Just saying, why not take some time out of that time and do what you signed up to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Top 6 Results   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 am

It's time now to see what are the comments for this round's submissions.

1) Team Jess: The Rolling Stones - "Time is On My Side"

Quote :
Mas: This song was not too bad. I do like the rock and roll sound of it but yeah, nothing too exciting.

Turner:  i found this pretty underwhelming sorry

Nat: I don't know how I feel about this one. It's not one of their better songs, but it's not bad. Kind of like really middle of the road for me, this one. I don't hate it and I don't love it.  

Jess: I forgot this song existed. I really love this one.  

Harley: Cool song and you know you guys stand out amongst the rest of the acts like a sore thumb which isn't a bad thing at all. It's refreshing. Is this a song worthy of being sent in the semi-final? No. Not at all. Is it a bad song? Nope. It's neither here or there.  

2) Team Nat: Ellie Goulding - "Anything Could Happen"

Quote :
Mas: Hmm. This was also just okay to me. I do like her voice here but it's a little slow and nothing too catchy.

Turner: i love this this is such a good song well done

Nat: Anything Could Happen like Ellie Goulding takes everyone by surprise and wins the whole thing for me. It's improbable, but how awesome would that be if it happened? I knew this was a possibility when I saved you over Bat For Lashes. Anyway, the song. It's really "pop" but that might be a good thing. It's not the best, but it's pretty good.

Jess: Another great song from Ellie. This is catchy and I like the lyrics.  

Harley: his is when I started to dislike Ellie a bit. I don't particularly like this song and feel like you could of used this at a later round. She tones down her furby vocals but instead they are replaced with duller vocals. Idk I'm not a fan at all.

3) Team Harley: Christina Aguilera - "Hurt"

Quote :
Mas: Probably one of my fav songs from Christina! I love her voice and the lyrics. Great choice!

Turner:  i love aall xtina songs and this one isnt my favorite from her but it was very good

Nat: Still not a fan of her music, but this is one of her best songs. Low key like it a lot.

Jess: This is probably my fave Christina song ever. It is so sad, but beautiful, and she sounds amazing. I love it!  

Harley: I've been asking for this song for ages and I'm so happy we see it before the end of the game. This song turned me into a fan of her. I'm not even a lover of ballads but it's truly beautiful. Well sung. Well written. There's compassion and emotion behind every word.  

4) Team Turner: Whitney Houston - "Step by Step"

Quote :
Mas: I kinda like the 80s feel of this so not too bad.

Turner:  i loved this no matter what happens i am proyd to have you on my team it was also brave of you to take a risk

Nat: I wasn't really a fan of this one. I can't really articulate a reason why. It just does absolutely nothing for me

Jess: This isn't the best, but its not bad.  

Harley: Idk. So I had a look out of curiosity what you could've sent as Whitney because you were defo lacking material in those earlier rounds but then I saw so many great songs that you could've sent. Like I am gobsmacked at how many songs could've been sent and instead we get lumbered with this? It's just not cutting it in this round where everyone is full on heavyweights and then there's you with weak material.

5) Team Jess: Michael Jackson - "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)"

Quote :
Mas: I kinda like remember it was nicer than I heard it now. LOL. But still not too bad a song.

Turner:  i love this this has always been one of my favorites its so funky

Nat: If Michael Jackson didn't get eliminated last round, I don't think he ever will be. This is a pretty cool song. I liked it enough.  

Jess: OMG YASSSS this is my jam right here!!! LOVEEEEEEEEE IT!!  

Harley: Great choice for me. I've noticed you've really stuck with early MJ throughout this game which is a shame because there's incredible songs from the late 80s and 90s which could've been equally pleasant. But you know, always a great choice from you (apart from last round lol).  

6) Team Harley: Lady Gaga - "Judas"

Quote :
Mas: This is not exactly in the top tier of my fav songs from her. Kinda in the middle. This is the part when I feel Gaga tried to keep pushing the envelope to the edge. It does has a catchy feel but I feel there are other songs which could have been chosen. But still not a bad choice.

Turner:  this is one of my favorite gaga songs my favorite from born this way for sure well done

Nat:  Best thing about this is Norman Reedus. It's your typical Lady Gaga song and what you would expect from her. I've never settled on whether I liked it or not, but I guess I'm leaning ever so slightly towards like. Just by a little bit.

Jess: One of my fave Gaga songs. It's catchy and fun. I like the video too. Smile  

Harley: This song was never really a hit for her but for me it's always been somewhere in my top 10 songs. Idk why. It's super poppy and less progressive than her other songs but it's just a good pop song. It's decent and gets the job done. Plus the chorus complements the verses as it changes tones and picks up speed. I'm gonna sing at gospel.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:02 am

Let's continue with more comments.

7) Team Harley: Christina Aguilera - "Diirty"

Quote :
Mas: This is one of the few songs that I don't really like from Christina. It feels like a typical song. There a few other fast-paced songs from Christina which I prefer but this is not one of them. I do appreciate you send two different songs from her.

Turner:  i love this song i am glad you sent the non rap version because i would have to take off points this is so catchy.

Nat: Oh shit. I forgot we were getting two of each. I was confused why we had another Christina song. I really liked Hurt. I feel the opposite way about this one. This is really just not for me.

Jess: I haven't heard this one in forever. It makes you wanna get up and dance. I love it!  

Harley: Iconic. Sorry. I guess you sent it now as it's not with Redman but really apart from the 'ring the alarm' bit, his not missed. His verse never added anything to the song. Anyway this was a great era for Xtina and I do think this song launched her into pop royalty where she was able to challenge Britney in some capacity.

8. Team Nat: Ellie Goulding - "On My Mind"

Quote :
Mas: I love this than the earlier song. It's very catchy.

Turner: this is very good as well i am so mad i got rid of you this is very good

Nat: Have I heard this song before? I don't think I have. Ellie Goulding has a very distinct sound that carries over to songs that are completely different. I really like that. This is really good.

Jess: This one is ok.

Harley: I completely forgot she even sings this song. I guess this was her trying to be a little more attitudey because her verses are a little different from her usual stuff. She has a little more punch. It's far better from than the other song but it's still just average. I do think Ellie might be a little bit out of depth here but I do wish you luck cause I like the dark horses!

9) Team Turner: Whitney Houston - "I'm Every Woman"

Quote :
Mas: I kinda like Whitney's songs in the comps so far. I love when I come in expecting to be just okay but have been okay just like Avril last season. Not saying this is exceptionally good but I just like the 90s feel of it.

Turner: this is a great cover again you took another risk well done

Nat: One drawback from judging this game is that I know I'm supposed to just comment on the song, but I want to say things that I've been saying all game that I'm sure you're tired of reading. It's not bad, but it's just not for me. I'm the wrong audience for this song. I can appreciate that it's a good song though. Much better than your other one.

Jess: That voice <333 This is a fun catchy song. I like it.  

Harley: To me this is another super questionable song choice. This to me will ALWAYS be a Chaka Khan song, simply put. Now don't get me wrong I don't hate this song but it's just not Whitney to me. To me it's a great Chaka Khan song. It's not like Whitney has changed the track that much and it's still pretty similar to the original (it's not far removed). I don't know how I feel about it at all. Would've loved to of had It's Not Right in this round as I think it could of propelled you into the final. Anyway this wasn't bad so I haven't given it a bad score but it's just average.

10) Team Harley: Lady Gaga - "Million Reasons"

Quote :
Mas: I don't think I've ever heard this song properly. I do like this and the lyrics.  

Turner:  i think this is not a very good song worst song this round

Nat:  I remember hearing this song for the first time and being completely underwhelmed. It's cute, I guess. I don't love it, but it's fine.

Jess: I have never heard this, but OMG I am in love with this now. It is so pretty and her vocals are so good. This was a great song. Downloading this now. Smile  

Harley: Well you know I've been begging for this song for a few rounds now. Thank you so much for sending it in. I really do think it's a beautiful song. It's really pushed her into a completely different direction in terms of music, as this album has done. It doesn't just show a stripped back Gaga, it also shows a developed artist both lyrically and vocal wise. It's just a great track and I think it deserves to be a hit.

11) Team Jess: The Rolling Stones - "I Can't Get No (Satisfaction)"

Quote :
Mas: Love this! Such a cool rock and roll song.

Turner: this song is one of the greatest of all time this is perfection well done

Nat:  Okay, yeah. This song is awesome. I think it's a pretty good song to send especially at this stage. I like it a lot.

Jess: Another good submission from The Stones. I like this one.  

Harley: I'm not even gonna bother judging this song. Nothing can be said about it. It's one of the most important songs in music history and always will be. When I was younger I used to love the Britney version lol but yes, this is just iconic.

12) Team Jess: Michael Jackson - "Beat It"

Quote :
Mas: Such an awesome song. Hoping to get some of my favs in the finale, if you make it.  

Turner: best for last this song is,again one of the greatest songs of all time i love that he blended pop rock and soul well done

Nat:  This man has no shortage of hits. I really have no bad things to say. Definitely in my top 3 MJ songs.

Jess: YESSSSSS THANK YOU! Great way to end the round. THIS IS MY JAM!!!!  

Harley: This is honestly one of my least favourite MJ songs. It's just too much and it was ruined by that stupid Parody version of the song. Eh, kind of think this would've been better for a different round. I mean where's Dirty Diana? That would've amazing this round but instead we seem to be lumbered with this. I don't know...it's just a song I never really enjoyed for reasons I can't explain.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:09 am

It's time now for the results.

I'm going to reveal the 1st 2 artistes moving on to the finals!

Congratulations to
Spoiler:

And also moving on is
Spoiler:

2 more spots left!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HarleyStodden

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:11 am

I am shoook. COME ON GAGA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:14 am

I will now reveal the 3rd artiste moving on to the finale is...

The artiste is
Spoiler:

So we are left with just 1 final spot left!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:26 am

We are now left with 3 artistes:
Spoiler:

Only one can move on to become the last finalist.

The last artiste moving on is
Spoiler:

This also means that
Spoiler:

have been eliminated from the game!

I will now also reveal the player behind each of them.

Spoiler:

These are the number of artistes each player has.

Spoiler:

For our finale, each artiste is to submit THREE SONGS. Two of the songs will be brand-new songs while the other song will be a song that the artiste has submitted in the game before. Three guest judges will also be joining for the finale. Therefore, song submissions become more important than ever! Good luck to all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HarleyStodden

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:29 am

YAS GAWD. Congratulations to both of my artists. I will PM you my thoughts on your final submissions.

Congrats to Jess too! Bring it on Hun.

Soz Nat, I though Ellie might of snatched it for a second.

Sorry Turner, I guess your high scores for Whitney didn't help xo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   

Back to top Go down

Mas "The Voice" Season 7...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next