HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mas "The Voice" Season 7...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
masbond84

PostSubject: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:06 am

Here's the list of artistes that have been used in Season 6. You can't use any of these artistes for this season.

Take note, you will only be sending songs that are solely sung by them in your submission. It cannot be a duet. If it's a song with very minimal backing tracks or parts by others, it is allowed. A song by a singer feat a producer or musicians like Mark Ronson, Avicii, Daft Punk, etc. are allowed as long only the singer is in the song. E.g. Sia is allowed to submit Titanium even though she is considered a featured artiste as only her vocals is in it.

Quote :
Amy Winehouse
Avril Lavigne
Beyonce
Blondie
Britney Spears
Carrie Underwood
Chris Cornell
Chris Stapleton
David Bowie
Destiny's Child
Foxes
George Michael
Glass Animals
James Arthur
James Blake
Janet Jackson
Jennifer Lopez
Justin Timberlake
Kelly Clarkson
Kylie Minogue
Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett
Maroon 5
Motion City Soundtrack
New Order
Paul Simon
Pearl Jam
Radiohead
Rihanna
Sam Hunt
Sia
Talking Heads
The Clash
The Decemberists
The Temptations
The Weeknd
Yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:07 am

It's time now to reveal the coaches for Season 7.

Coach A is the winner among the players, bringing Avril Lavigne to the winner's circle. On his first stint as a coach, would he be able to win it this time as a coach? Please welcome Coach Turner!

Coach B is a returning coach. He served on the panel for the first 4 seasons, being the runner-up for the first 3 times. Finally back to retry for the winning position, please welcome Coach Nat!

Coach C has won both as a player and a coach. Our longest-serving coach, being on the panel for the 6th consecutive time, please welcome Coach Jess!

Coach D has won as a player before but still seeking to win for the first time as a coach. He brought 2 of his artistes to the finale in Season 5. Our 3-time coach, please welcome Coach Harley!

Before I reveal the lineup of artistes for each coach, here's a little history of the winners for the past 6 seasons!

Season / Artiste / Player / Coach

Season 1 / Goo Goo Dolls / Jess / Eric (ewitty)
Season 2 / Muse / Tara / Jess
Season 3 / Lana Del Ray / Russ / Cindy
Season 4 / No Doubt / Harley / Javi
Season 5 / Adele / Henry / Javi
Season 6 / Avril Lavigne / Turner / Javi

So, who will take the crown this time? It's time to start off Season 7!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:08 am

Here is the lineup of artistes for each coach's team!

Coach Turner:
Ellie Goulding
The Jam
Laleh
Madonna
Miranda Lambert
Old Dominion
Shirley Bassey
Whitney Houston

Coach Nat:
Bat for Lashes
Blur
Bruce Springsteen
The Killers
Mariah Carey
Rita Coolidge
The Rolling Stones
The Who

Coach Jess:
Cher
Duran Duran
Kyla La Grange
Martina McBride
Michael Jackson
Pink
Paramore
Squeeze

Coach Harley:
Carly Rae Jepsen
Christina Aguilera
Coldplay
Lady Gaga
Paul McCartney
The Police
Sandi Patty
Third Eye Blind

So, this is what I need from the coaches and players respectively!

Coaches, I need you to pair-up your artistes and send the list to me.

Players, I need you to send a song from the artistes you represent. Take note that you are not allowed to reveal which artistes you are representing until I reveal them in the event that they are eliminated. The song must be a song that has only their vocals. It doesn't have to be a song that comes from their album. It could be a cover that they done as a performance on a show.

Any questions, do either ask here or PM me. thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:11 am

It's time now to find out who moves on to the Knockouts.

We will start with Team Jess!

1) Paramore - "Misguided Ghosts"

Jess: I miss Paramore. Sad When are they going to release a new album? ugh it seems like it has been forever. Anyways, I really love this song. Haley has a pretty voice and I like the lyrics to this.

vs Squeeze - "Cool For Cats"

Jess: Oh gah, this one was very annoying.

Winner: Easy choice. The winner is
Spoiler:

2) Kyla La Grange - "Been Better"

Jess: This sounds familiar, but I am not sure if I have heard it before. I really like this though and I will probably end up listening to it again soon.

vs Michael Jackson - "You Rock My World"

Jess: Not my fave MJ song, but still a good one.

Winner: Both of you did great and I hope the one that I don't pick, will get stolen. The winner is
Spoiler:

3) Cher - "I Found Someone"

Jess: Cher Goddess <333 I really like this song.

vs. Martina McBride - "A Broken Wing"

Jess: This was my favorite song back in the day. I remember I had the CD and I would listen to this over and over. lol Martina is such a good singer and this song is really depressing, but a good one.

Winner: This one was hard for me. I love both artists and songs, but I have to think about who has a better chance of going far in the competition and I think that person is
Spoiler:

4) Duran Duran - "A View to a Kill"

Jess: I don't really care too much for this one. Not a big Duran Duran fan. Sorry.

vs. Pink - "Try"

Jess: One of my fave Pink songs. I like the lyrics and it's catchy. Good choice!

Winner: This one is easy.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:17 am

1) Ellie Goulding - "My Blood"

Turner: first of all thank you for choosing her for my team she is great I think the song was great as well I am glad you didn't pick one of her better songs for the earlier rounds well done.

Vs. The Jam - "That's Entertainment"

Turner: I have never heard of this band however I think this was actually very good I will look into more of there music.

Winner:
Spoiler:

2) 2) Laleh - "Speaking of Truth"

Turner: this was actually very nice I will have to look at more of her music I think she is very talented

Vs. Madonna - "Material Girl"

Turner: my queen!! She is the queen of pop for a reason I love this song as well great pick I Am so happy you are on my team.

Winner: this one is easy.
Spoiler:

3) Miranda Lambert - "Bathroom Sink"

Turner: I love Miranda you picked a great song as well this could be my favorite song on the platinum album.

Vs. Old Dominion - "Crazy Beautiful Sexy"

Turner: I liked this as well but my main problem is ods lack of songs they are a new artist I don't think you have enough songs to send

Winner: easy.
Spoiler:

4) Shirley Bassey - "Moonraker"

Turner: she isn't as big here as in other countries the only big hit here in the states was that James bond one I do think this song was good but I don't think you have long term potential

Vs. Whitney Houston - "I Have Nothing"

Turner: I love this song you did pick one of her better hits you need to be careful you need to save some of her best songs for the later rounds but great job.

Winner:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:19 am

Next up is Team Nat!

1) The Killers - "Runaways"

Nat: So here's the thing and I'm going to be honest here. My pairings were very strategic as they should be. The Killers is one of my favorite bands of all time. Have been since high school. So of all the questionable artists people picked for me, this one stands out as the best one. At least for now. I love this song like I love all their songs. You could send my least favorite song by them and I'd still like it. I just really like The Killers.

vs. Mariah Carey - "Touch My Body"

Nat: Read everything I wrote for The Killers and apply the opposite here. I don't listen to Mariah Carey or really anything in the same ballpark. It's just not my thing. But I realize with this judging panel, she might be very popular. I've never won this series and honestly, I would be surprised if that changed with this panel. So I could play it strategic and pick who I think would do better or I could pick who I like more. My choice will reflect that.

Winner:
Spoiler:

2) Bat for Lashes - "Joe's Dream"

Nat: I don't think I've listened to her much before. This is by far the most intriguing artist I have for sure. I'm all for listening to new artists or bands that I end up enjoying. Maybe even more than ones that I already know and love. This is just lovely. It feels so floaty, I guess. Not sure if that's a word. Better than what I was expecting. I'm going to refrain from listening to more of her songs to hear them when you send them in assuming you stick around. Hopefully you do unless I happen to really like Rita Coolidge and no one picks you up.

vs. Rita Coolidge - "All Time High"

Nat: This is certainly an outside of the box pick. The theme song from Octopussy. I don't know, bud. I'm just not that into it.

Winner:
Spoiler:

3) Blur - "She's So High"

Nat: Another interesting one. I assume you're saving Song 2? Because that's the only song of theirs I can name off the top of my head. These last two pairings, I don't have a solid idea of who I want to move forward. They're all in order of easiest choice to hardest choice. One thing I have to consider is if their discography is substantial enough to carry them throughout the duration of the game. With Blur, I'm not sure if I'm familiar with a lot of their songs. For all I know, they could have a lot of good songs. This one was pretty good. If they get better, I might be able to justify moving you forward.

vs. The Rolling Stones - "Beast of Burden"

Nat: I really like the Rolling Stones. They certainly have a lot of songs you can pick from and get a good review. This is a pretty cool song. It's a hard choice between you and Blur.

Winner:
Spoiler:

4) Bruce Springsteen - "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out"

Nat: I like Springsteen. Do I like him enough to keep you on my team? Do I like this song enough? I'm honestly not sure because I like The Who about the same amount too. This is a solid song though and I can tell you're saving the big guns for later.

vs. The Who - "The Seeker"

Nat: I often forget how much I like The Who. This song especially. It's a good one. That about sums it up.

Winner:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:22 am

And to wrap things up, here's Team Harley!

1) Carley Rae Jepsen - "Tug of War"

Harley: A lot of people say that her album is a pop treat but I don't particularly care about her. Her voice is a bit boring, lacks any kind of emotion and reminds me a bit of Selena Gomez (just with less impressive beats). This song isn't bad but it's not something that makes me excited about having you in my team.

Vs. Lady Gaga - "Alejandro"

Harley: I remember when the video to this song dropped. She was at the height of her popularity and imo this is a great song. This is old school Lady Gaga, it doesn't come across as polarising as her art pop era which is a good thing.

Winner:
Spoiler:

2) Christina Aguilera - "You Lost Me"

Harley: I've never really been a Xtina fan and this is arguably the album that really put a spanner into her career. If I remember correctly this was the second single and it didn't do to well. Saying that, why? It's a good little ballad from her and she has always done them well. Good choice and nice to see you haven't sent one of her great songs so we save them for the rest of the competition.

Vs Third Eye Blind - "Wounded"

Harley: Not gonna lie, I have no idea who these people are but I didn't hate this song. It's not really my style of music but it's cool. It does have this hint of annoying Americanised soft rock-pop thing going on which I hate.

Winner:
Spoiler:

3) Coldplay - "Fix You"

Harley: lol I actually hate Coldplay but I like some of their songs. I find them super mopey and sad. Chris has always annoyed. However this song is one of their best, which is sad because you should've maybe of saved it for a future round but I understand you need to feel the playing fields.

Vs Sandi Patty - "Make His Praise Glorious"

Harley: Lol idk what this is, I did my parings without doing my research which is why this one is completely random and oh lord I am not really feeling it. Each to their own, but you can probably keep this one.

Winner:
Spoiler:

4) Paul McCartney - "Live & Let Die"

Harley: Why Paul and not the Beatles? I mean this song is iconic for the obvious reasons. Great music and it's probably been used in every TV show known to man so it has got cheesier over time but it's still...cool. I don't love Paul but I respect him as an artist and the last surviving member of One Direction. Also a lot of my fave tracks with Paul are collaborations which you can't use.

vs. The Police - "King of Pain"

Harley: Similar to Paul, I don't particularly like Sting but I do like The Police. However...do they have enough material to get us through to the end? I liked this song tbh. Last season Blondie did incredibly well and you defo have the chance to mimic that success.

Winner:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:23 am

And here are the updated teams with the steals

Team Turner:
Ellie Goulding
Madonna
Miranda Lambert
Whitney Houston
Bruce Springsteen (STEAL)
The Police (STEAL)

Team Nat:
Bat for Lashes
The Killers
The Rolling Stones
The Who
Kyla La Grange (STEAL)
Laleh (STEAL)

Team Jess:
Cher
Michael Jackson
Paramore
Pink
Carly Rae Jepsen (STEAL)
Third Eye Blind (STEAL)

Team Harley:
Christina Aguilera
Coldplay
Lady Gaga
Paul McCartney
Mariah Carey (STEAL)
Blur (STEAL)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:23 am

That also means the following 8 artistes are eliminated. I will also reveal the player behind each of them.

Spoiler:

These are the number of artistes each player has.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:26 am

It's now time to start off the Knockouts!

We will start with Team Turner!

1) Madonna - "Music"

Turner: music is one of my favorites it is so *beep* catchy I bet Harley and Jessica would love it as well.

vs. Miranda Lambert - "White Liar"

Turner: white liar is one of my favorites of her as well. I happen to really like country music unfortunately Nat and Harley do not that worries me

Winner:
Spoiler:

2) Whitney Houston - "It's Not Right But It's Ok"

Turner: I loved this song when I was around five years old I still love it now as well.

vs. Ellie Goulding - "Love Me Like You Do"

Turner: why did you pick one of her best songs so early this should be sent for the finals but I loved this as well

Winner:
Spoiler:

3) Bruce Springsteen - "American Skin (41 Shots)"

Turner: this song was fsntastic this song was very touching.

vs. The Police - "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic"

Turner: I wasn't crazy for this one sorry and the quality was u

Winner:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:27 am

It's time now for Team Nat!

1) Bat for Lashes - "Daniel"

Nat: I predict that this will be the toughest match-up for me. Both artists I haven't heard a lot from, but I really like what I've listened to so far. Bat for Lashes is OG Team Nat. And honestly? This song is even better than the last one. I really like this a lot. It's 3 and a half minutes, which I would say is standard length of a song, but it feels shorter somehow. I think that's a sign of liking a song. So yeah, I dig this. Sorry if you're the same person who sent Kyla La Grange. I feel like you are. I feel like you're half my team.

vs. Kyla La Grange - "Vampire Smile"

Nat: *beep* *beep* Why did I pair you two off? God damn it, so much regret. Like, this is a really good song. Way better than I expected. Gah, I done *beep* up. I'm sorry whoever I kick off.

Winner:
Spoiler:

2)The Killers - "Just Another Girl"

Nat: The Killers vs. The Who. The Battle of the The's. I mean, like I said, I pretty much like all of their songs. I really like this one too. It's typically Killers stuff. That's pretty darn great in my book. Teenage me would have really loved this if it came out when I was still in high school.

vs. The Who - "Going Mobile"

Nat: Strange pick. Not one of their better songs, in my opinion. It's still pretty catchy and certainly not bad, but I'm not feeling it this round.

Winner:
Spoiler:

3) The Rolling Stones - "One Hit (to the Body)"

Nat: I like it. Doesn't blow me away though. I don't know, man. I don't really dislike anyone on my team anymore. I'm just not loving this one.

vs. Laleh - "In the Comet"

Nat: Really hoping that this is better than Bat for Lashes and Kyla La Grange because if not, then I regret everything. Very happy that I picked you up. Although let's be honest. I don't think I really had to fight for you lol. 75% of my rejects got picked up, so it's a pretty decent trade. This is a pretty mesmerizing song. I kind of wish I was on something right now and just watch and listen to this video. This song is special. And I feel like whoever sent this in has a similar mindset to me. Like, the other judges might not love it, but who cares. We know who the best team is.

Winner:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:28 am

It's time for Team Jess!

1) Michael Jackson - "Butterflies"

Jess: I like that you sent a lesser known MJ song. This isn't the best song I have heard by him, but it wasn't bad.

vs. Cher - "Take Me Home"

Jess: Again, not the best song from Cher, but wasn't a terrible one.

Winner:
Spoiler:

2) Carly Rae Jepsen - "Your Type"

Jess: Never heard this one before, but I really like it. Carly has a good voice. <3

vs. Paramore - "That's What You Get"

Jess: Words cannot express my love for Hayley Williams! This is one of my faves. I still love it after all these years, it never gets old. Great choice!

Winner:
Spoiler:

3) Pink - "Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)"

Jess: This one was ok.

vs. Third Eye Blind - "Losing a Whole Year"

Jess: I love 90's alternative music. Smile This is a good song.

Winner:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:33 am

And lastly, we have Team Harley!

BRIT POP LEGACIES;

1) Blur - "Music is My Radar"

Harley: Okay Blur are like one of my fave bands of all time. They are a staple of Brit pop and tbh without them I doubt Coldplay would've even of been signed. However, you've already been kicked out of one coaches team idk if people enjoy Coldplay more. Also, with the other coaches being American some of the lyrics and songs might be lost on them.

vs. Coldplay - "Viva La Vida"

Harley: Coldplay, I cannot deny that you're great band but for me - the song is probably one of those songs I honestly have trouble listening to. It's just so...blah. However, you're the successful band if we go by commercial impact.

Winner:
Spoiler:

THE VOCAL POWERHOUSES:

2) Mariah Carey - "Obsessed"

Harley: Honey, Mariah is the ultimate guilty pleasure and although I think she has become a parody of herself over recent years with her diva attitude her music is solid. She has a cluster of hits that span the test of time however she lacks diversity and you have send two songs that broke up that ballad streak. Obsessed is a cheesy record but it has a place in my heart.

vs. Christina Aguilera - "Something's Got a Hold on Me"

Harley: I've always been a Britney fan, back in the day you could only be one or the other. However, I can respect Christina as an artist. This song wasn't bad and I like that you picked filler but when you're up against Mariah it makes it hard. I don't want to take Christina into this game if we are going to have the over exaggerated vocal acrobatics. It's low-key here but I can hear it. I do think she has a cluster of strong material.

Winner:
Spoiler:

POPS FRONT RUNNERS:

3) Lady Gaga - "Monster"

Harley: Wow. This song took me back. I was a massive Gaga fan during this era. Went to see her in concert and she truly is a great performer and singer. Of course this song plays on my nostalgia but it's pretty basic when you don't have that affiliation with it. Something I am worried a lot of the other judges (minus pop tart Tuner <3) might not have with her.

vs. Paul McCartney - "Band on the Run"

Harley: There's no denying that you are a force in music but I am worried your songs might become tiresome after a few rounds. Paul is great but a lot of his best material comes from featuring imo. Saying that, the other judges may live for your material.

Winner:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:33 am

And we have our final 16 going into the live rounds.

And here are the updated teams with the steals.

Team Turner:
Bruce Springsteen
Madonna
Whitney Houston
Mariah Carey (STEAL)

Team Nat:
Bat for Lashes
The Killers
Laleh
Ellie Goulding (STEAL)

Team Jess:
Michael Jackson
Paramore
Pink
The Rolling Stones (STEAL)

Team Harley:
Blur
Christina Aguilera
Lady Gaga
Cher (STEAL)

This is the final sets of artistes representing each coach heading into the lives. Top two from each team will automatically move on to the Top 12 while the final artiste from each team will be decided by the coach itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:34 am

That also means the following 8 artistes are eliminated. I will also reveal the player behind each of them.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:37 am

It's now time for the Top 16 to face not only their own coach but the other coaches and myself as well. Let's see what the comments are.

1) Team Turner: Madonna - "Girl Gone Wild"

Quote :
Mas: I'm gonna admit I'm just lukewarm about Madonna but she does have some songs that I like from her. I totally forgot this number but it does brings me back memories of a few years back. Quite a catchy number. Probably you are keeping the classics for later rounds.

Turner: I love this song it is really catchy I am so happy to have the queen of pop on my team

Nat: Oh god, what have I gotten myself into? I'm just really not into this stuff. Is she still making music? This does sound different than her older stuff, but it's really just generic pop noise to me. Not feelin

Jess: I like this one. It's catchy and fun! How is Madonna almost 60? I don't get it. lol

Harley: A pretty weak Madonna song when you compare it to her discography. MDNA was a pretty embarrassing album for her, this song is a good example of her following a trend and for an album that was only released 5 years ago, it sounds very 2007ish. I'm not that impressed but I can't have the queen of pop leave this soon but this might be the worst song of the round.

2) Team Harley: Cher - "Just Like Jesse James"

Quote :
Mas: I'm kinda surprised Harley decided to steal you among the remaining artistes. This is very country. Not sure I like it that much though.

Turner: this is a pretty good song I really like Cher but I like quite a few artists more but it was good

Nat: Another big female pop singer I'm not into. I'd just like to clarify that I don't think these are bad songs by any means. They're just not for me.

Jess: I am glad that Cher found another team. This was a good song!

Harley: Firstly, I love the fact that Cher and Madonna are in the same game. Truly iconic. Cher, is an incredible pop artist. I am kind of excited for her in this game cause I think she could be a bit of a dark horse. This song to me, proves it. I hate country but this song is just that right element of country meets pop. Come on Cher, let's get sickening.

3) Team Nat: Ellie Goulding - "Still Falling For You"

Quote :
Mas: She has an interesting voice. This song was just okay for me.

Turner: I knew you would get picked I have to be honest I wasn't feeling this this round it was just ok I know you can do better next time if you make it

Nat: Just realized that most of what's left of this game are female pop singers. I like the ones on my team though. I actually really like Ellie Goulding. Really surprised that I was able to snatch her up. This isn't as catchy as her other songs, but I still enjoyed it okay.

Jess: I really like Ellie's voice and I didn't think I would like this song at first, but it was pretty good.

Harley: llie sounds a bit like a Furby tbh. I'm not her biggest fan, I did really like her earlier stuff. I've also heard from friends that she is a COMPLETE *beep* which kind of taints the image she tries to give out. I honestly, don't know if I know this song or not? It was for Bridget Jones so I am sure it got some heavy airplay over here in the U.K. I kind of like it and I hate myself for that. A pretty solid pop song.

4) Team Jess: Paramore - "Ain't It Fun"

Quote :
Mas: This is quite an upbeat song and I do kinda like it.

Turner: this song is a lot of fun this song used to play all the time at work great job you did awesome

Nat: I've never been big into Paramore, but I don't dislike them. This is a fun song. I like it. It feels like it drags on too long though. After a while, it sort of plateaus.

Jess: THIS IS MY JAM!!! A great catchy song. I love the part when the Choir joins in. Love this!

Harley: I never really got Paramore. They have this really annoying American vocal soft rock/pop sound that I've never really been a fan of (Green Day, Blink 182, Bowling for Soup etc.) This wasn't super in that vein though, so I could actually listen to it. I like the chorus, her vocals were nice and the music has just the right amount of everything going on.

5) Team Nat: Laleh - "Some Die Young"

Quote :
Mas: This is my first time listening to her and I do like it. She has an interesting voice and this song is good. Looking forward to hear more from her.

Turner: another one of my former team mates I think this was pretty good not jumping out of my chair or anything

Nat: I love my team. I didn't at first, but then I made it awesome. I hope the other judges appreciate this because I think it's rad. It's different from the last song you sent in. It doesn't have that certain quality that I loved so much in the other one, but I still like it anyway. Very pretty song.

Jess: This was just ok to me.

Harley: So, she's probably the least known artist in the line up but I've got a feeling it's not going to hurt her. This is strong. I also checked out your earlier submissions and you was one of my choices for a steal at one point. She's has a good mix of pop meets modern aesthetics. Its good - not the best of the round but it's a refreshing mix. She could be the one to keep an eye on.

6) Team Harley: Lady Gaga - "Marry the Night"

Quote :
Mas: After the surprising combo we had of Gaga and Bennett last season, so we have Gaga alone this season. This is catchy but more in the bottom half of the songs I like from her. This game have shown that not necessarily the biggest names will win the season, depending on the song choices submitted at diff points, Gaga can either make it or not. Will be interested to see the choices in future rounds.

Turner: I love gaga but I never really cared for this song if I were you I would send songs that weren't singles from the fame you have some great material unfortunately this wasn't very good

Nat: Lady Gaga's an interesting one. I don't really listen to her, but some of her songs are actually pretty good. Never heard this one before, I don't think. It's not bad, but gets really repetitive.

Jess: I am soooo dancing right now!!! I love this song!!! I am mad that I never got to steal Gaga. Great song!!!

Harley: It's not really what I had in mind (I may of gone for Judas?) but...it's a good pop song. Way more experimental than the Madonna song that was submitted and I think that is saying something. You may of found a good middle ground between pop and slightly alternative here? Will be interesting to hear the other judges comments because I predict good things from Mother. (Omg this song is really catchy bye - perfect illusion next? I love that song bye.)

7) Team Turner: Whitney Houston - "All the Man That I Need"

Quote :
Mas: Wow, this feels so nostalgic. I can't deny how good her voice is and this song really brings me a retro feeling.

Turner: you sent beautifully I much appreciate that I have you on my team this song is brilliant

Nat: Obviously Whitney Houston is a legend and I don't want people to think I'm just hating on all these singers because they're not on my team. It's just not what I enjoy. I can appreciate this song though. I always thought she had a great voice.

Jess: Whitney has an AMAZING voice and though this isn't a fave from her, I still like it.

Harley: Right shoot me but I am not the biggest lover of ballads and this is Whitney's staple act. It's one of the reasons I got rid of Mariah. A lot of Whitney's music relies on the chorus. This song is a prime example. The verses are just not...good. The chorus is redeeming and packs the punch big enough to carry the song. So it's not a bad a song. Her vocals are as clear as day.

Cool Team Jess: Michael Jackson - "They Don't Care About Us"

Quote :
Mas: MJ is such an icon. Quite a hard-hitting message in this song. And such impactful visuals as well.

Turner: I love mj so much I remember two seasons ago I got so mad at Russ Denton for giving him low scores I wanted to punch him out so badly you can't go wrong with Michael he's a perfectionist

Nat: How can you not like MJ's music? This is a powerful song that touches on issues that are still prominent today. Very good song. I have nothing bad to say.

Jess: Epic song and video!!!

Harley: Actually one of the best MJ songs. Now MJ is imo the biggest threat but you can step wrong pretty easily. I mean I would love to see you moonwalk out of the competition but I'm not one for sabotage. Saying that this song is a solid 10. However there are BIG Michael songs that everyone loves that will get a solid 1 from me. This however is not one of them. Sits somewhere in my top 5 MJ songs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:40 am

Let's continue with the 2nd part of the comments.

9) Team Nat: Bat for Lashes - "Sunday Love"

Quote :
Mas: Another one of Nat's indie artistes although I prefer the former's song. This was just okay for me.

Turner: this was awful I was bored to death by watching this sorry

Nat: As devastating as it was to lose Kyla, I'm very glad that you're still on my team. Every song I listen to by her, I fall in love with. Damn if this isn't an awesome song.

Jess: I like her voice, but I just couldn't get into the song

Harley: Bat for Lashes are gonna go one way or another - they will either be amazingly reviewed or will fall flat. I actually love this song. Also love this album. It's nice and it's a good choice to compliment the pop artists in this game. You are clever. I see you girl.

10) Team Jess: Pink - "Just Like a Pill"

Quote :
Mas: Pink definitely has a good catalog of songs and this song is definitely one of them. Definitely brings back memories of years back and I love this.

Turner: you sent one of my favorites from her so quickly you better be careful and save some of her greats for later but we'll done

Nat: It's been well documented (because someone always sends Pink in games) that I'm not a huge fan. Her songs are hit or miss. The hits are usually like razor leaf on a charizard. Not very effective. Such is the case with this song.

Jess: OMG I remember being so obsessed with this when it first came out. I love it!

Harley: I am super shocked to see this sent in this early. I would be shook if I was you. This is one of her best songs and I predict it will get good scores because it's got a bit of nostalgia in it however sending this soon is a bit insane. I used to love Pink but honestly - her new stuff from Funhouse era onwards just doesn't do it for me.

11) Team Turner: Bruce Springsteen - "The River"

Quote :
Mas: Bruce has a good voice and this song does feels different from most of the other songs before, to me. Whether that's a good or bad thing have to be seen when the judges scores it together.

Turner: I am loving you on my team as well he still is making fantastic music you sent a great one I am so proud of you

Nat: Happy that Springsteen is still in the game if not really surprised. This is a fantastic song. One of my favorites from Bruce. Hope you stick around.

Jess: Not a big Bruce Springsteen fan, but I do love this song. I really like the lyrics. Good choice!

Harley: I am just not here for it. Sorry. Bruce isn't really a big thing in the UK (at least not within my generation). I can't really connect with him as an artist. I will admit he has an okay tone in his vocal but it just doesn't do it for me unfortunately. I didn't hate this song as much as I thought I would and it got better over the course of the song. It was more the instruments I couldn't deal with. Soz.

12) Team Harley: Blur - "Go Out"

Quote :
Mas: I have never really heard much of Blur but they do seem like those type of quirky British band. I don't know why they decided to give this for the MV. kinda funny lol. Not a bad song though

Turner: I didn't care for this I don't know why Harley would want this on his team I think it sucks sorry

Nat: Ah yes, dailymotion. Yo dawg, how come so many of my former team were picked up? Am I like a terrible coach? lmao. This song was pretty good. I like it better than most of the songs this round besides the ones on my team. Very cool.

Jess: I like the verses, but I found the chorus very annoying.

Harley: You're probably my odd ball of my team but this is a PRIME example of why I kept you over boreplay. I don't feel like I need to even explain why this is a good song and I am hopeful of the other judges comments. A great song and I love how we are getting a bit more of their recent material. The music is supreme tbh. Sorry about it. Might even be my fave submission from my team.

13) Team Jess: The Rolling Stones - "Paint It Black"

Quote :
Mas: I like this song but this might be a little too early? I'm sure Jess would have saved you irregardless but who knows. Guess you playing it safe.

Turner: this was great as well jess seems to have a good team this season the stones are no exception

Nat: Whoa. I thought for sure you'd be saving Paint It Black for the end of the game. I actually love this song. Never get tired of hearing it. Not much more to say than that. Hopefully sending it at this stage wasn't a mistake.

Jess: I love The Rolling Stones and was soooo happy to have them on my team. This song is a classic. One of my faves! Love it!

Harley: Iconic song and I can't mark it any other way. Oooo Jess has got me shook with her team!! I was very close to stealing Rolling Stones but my heart was calling Cher. Flawless pick.

14) Team Harley: Christina Aguilera - "Save Me From Myself"

Quote :
Mas: I am a fan of her but I don't think I've heard this before. I do like she keeps it simple instead of her usual belts. Good choice!

Turner: this was fantastic I love xtina so *beep* much it is so pretty and her vocals were great.

Nat: Not gonna lie. I was totally prepared to be a hater. This is a really good song though. Is it rare for her to sing as softly as she is here? I like it a lot. It's nice.

Jess: Her voice sounds so pretty on this, but the song was just ok.

Harley: Okay. Not gonna lie, when I saw this pick I wasn't sure (I've never heard it) however listening to it. This is amazing. I am truly impressed. Probably the shortest 3minutes ever, it was that pleasant. It has a slight resemblance of Nat King Cole? Idk what it is. I am really impressed. I'm also happy you listened to me about the vocal acrobats. This is COMPLETELY stripped back - I can even hear her mouth opening. It's that clear. Serious respect.

15) Team Turner: Mariah Carey - "Never Too Far Away:

Quote :
Mas: At first, I thought this was from her concert but guess this is from the movie? Wondering why she behaved that way instead of like a diva lol. Not too bad a song. Guess you keeping some of the rest for later.

Turner: you took a huge risk with sending a song from her disastrous movie glitter but it played off big time this was fantastic very impressed

Nat: My feelings haven't changed. This wasn't terrible though. You could have done a lot worse and this was decent.

Jess: I didn't really care for the song too much, but Mariah sounded amazing.

Harley: This was a bit of an odd pick. I would of played it a lot safer. I quite like the chorus. I honestly don't know this song. It's also not on Spotify which is odd for a Mariah song. Her vocal is as good as ever but I am just not 100% behind this song. It kind of has a Disney feel to it? If you know what I mean? Good luck.

16) Team Nat: The Killers - "Mr. Brightside"

Quote :
Mas: I love this song! It has such a good beat. But it's too early to send this, I think.

Turner: I don't really care for the killers they are very overrated this song was played to death on the radio It isn't a very good song but it was probably there biggest hit you should have saved this For the finals

Nat: Oh *beep* dude. Kind of wish you saved this one because it's one of my favorite songs of all time. I picked this one to use for a music video I was supposed to make for high school film class. Probably listened to it more than any song. It's perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Jess: You can't help but sing along to this. It is so catchy. I like The Killers and this is a good song from them.

Harley: I feel like we had the Killers on this before and they did pretty good. They're one of those bands you don't realise how many songs they have until you listen to a greatest hits album. This is probably their most iconic song. I can't say I particularly enjoy it though. It's kind of annoying after awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:43 am

t's time now to reveal the results. Only 12 artistes will make it through. The top 2 artistes from each team will automatically move on while the 3rd artiste will be decided by the respective coaches.

I will now reveal the 1st artiste moving on from each coach's team.

Spoiler:

Congrats! I will reveal the 2nd set of artistes moving on next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:44 am

I will now reveal the 2nd set of artistes that are safe and moving on to the Top 12.

Spoiler:

Congrats the above 4 artistes.

That means each coach now must choose between their remaining 2 artistes.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:47 am

I have the coaches picks. So here are the 4 artistes completing the Top 12:

Team Turner:
Spoiler:

Team Jess:
Spoiler:

Team Nat:
Spoiler:

Team Harley:
Spoiler:

So, here is the Top 12.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:49 am

That also means the following 4 artistes are eliminated. I will also reveal the player behind each of them.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

From now onwards, 2 artistes with the lowest scores will be leaving each round, irregardless of which team they are on. I need each player to send me their songs for the Top 12.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:53 am

And now on to the submissions.

1) Team Jess: Paramore - "Brick By Boring Brick"

Quote :
Mas: This is a nice number. Very upbeat and catchy.

Turner: I thought last week was way better this one was just ok for me

Nat: I forgot to pause Spotify when I clicked on this video and it was playing Lil Dicky. I was like, wait. This isn't right. Anyway, the song. Like I've said, I've never been into Paramore, but it is way better than a lot of artists in this game. This one in particular isn't bad, but it's kind of generic. I liked it fine though.

Jess: I was obsessed with this when it first came out. I love the lyrics to it and the video is cool too.

Harley: I remember the name of this song or maybe it was the name of the album. But it's I don't remember the actual song and after listening to it again, I can't say I will remember it this time around. I don't get Paramore, I think Hayley (is that her name) is cool but also a bit annoying. The song is just average for me, I preferred the one you sent last round.

2) Team Turner: Bruce Springsteen - "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out"

Quote :
Mas: Liking this. Very old-feel feeling to the song.

Turner: you nailed it this was a brilliant pick so proud of you

Nat: This is a cool song. I think Springsteen has better though, like The River, which you sent last round. It's tough deciding when to send certain ones. I think it's good, sure. Nothing special as far as I'm concerned though.

Jess: I didn't like this one at all. Sorry.

Harley: Turner pm'd me after my comments to let me know that Bruce is massive in the U.K. However, I can only see albums have done well and only old people buy them so I stand by my comment that he doesn't click with the younger UK market. I mean look, I don't hate the songs you have sent but I don't particularly like them either. I am just having trouble connecting with him it's just not my genre.

3) Team Nat: Ellie Goulding - "Burn"

Quote :
Mas: Ellie always has this unique voice. I do like this catchy number to her. Always leaves me humming.

Turner: this was an improvement from last week I enjoyed it

Nat: I have a hard time gauging whether or not Ellie Goulding is a guilty pleasure or not. Because I think this song is rad and I'm kind of embarrassed to say it. Definitely one of her catchier ones.

Jess: Not the best Ellie song, but it's alright

Harley: This song is just a bit too repetitive for me to enjoy fully but I don't hate it at all. It was over played on radio at the time of release and her PR's really try and tip her as the next British sensation (which she isn't). As I said I would of preferred her earlier stuff and this is still stuck in that Calvin Harris era which just becomes noise. I mean if Nat can stand by this but can't understand Madonna's last song pick then...well you know what I am saying.

4) Team Harley: Blur - "Coffee and TV"

Quote :
Mas: I know you had a hard choice deciding to go with the obvious or not. Haha. This is not too bad a number. It is a little above average so not sure how it will go with the others.

Turner: I am sorry I really didn't like this at all

Nat: Unlike Turner, I absolutely DO NOT think Harley made a mistake in saving you. God help me if I had to listen to another Cher song. I've really liked Blur's songs. Granted not enough to keep you on my team, but I would definitely love to if I could. This is a pretty awesome song. I like it a lot.

Jess: Oh gah, this was awful. Couldn't get into it at all.

Harley: Well let's face it. We are probably not going to get Turners support any time soon because you're a bit to quirky for his pop submerged mind. However the rest of the judges comments are completely up for grabs and that's why I chose you. I've always loved this song, it was featured in my fave guilty pleasure Cruel Intentions. I think you found the middle ground of safe while still holding some of your bigger songs for later.

5) Team Turner: Madonna - "Express Yourself"

Quote :
Mas: A missed opportunity for comparison with Gaga's "Born This Way". Hehe. Nice going back to her older hits. This is quite a good number.

Turner: omg this was perfect pick anybody who doesn't like this is lying I am very proud of you and so glad I kept you

Nat: Still not a fan. Sorry not sorry.

Jess: *Formerly a gif but I can't post the link here*

Harley: Thank god Gaga didn't sent Born This Way or we would of been in a bit of trouble. This is a great track by Madge, I prefer it to a lot of her other stuff. However I have a feeling me and you are very different Madonna fans. You seem to be going for the obvious hits - after awhile that's going to get boring.

6) Team Nat: Laleh - "Stars Align"

Quote :
Mas: Liking this. A catchy number. Kinda reminds me of something Sia would sing.

Turner: this wasn't very good I thought the visuals were nice but the song was *beep*

Nat: I am very happy that you weren't in the bottom two of my team last round. I am digging Laleh with every song that I hear from her. God damn, this is good. It feels large, for lack of a better word.

Jess: This was pretty good. I liked it better than I thought I would.

Harley: I prefer her last song a little more but this wasn't bad it wasn't as 'cool' as the last one. It was a bit more obvious, if you know that I mean. Nothing groundbreaking in either production or vocals but it's not bad. Could almost be a Eurovision entry from somewhere like Sweden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:55 am

7) Team Jess: Michael Jackson - "Wanna Be Startin Something"

Quote :
Mas: I feel like a broken record but there are so many catchy numbers this round. I appreciate you sending not the obvious hits, at least. This is so good though.

Turner: I am so jealous you are not on my team you did great this song is one of my all time favorites

Nat: Not one of MJ's best, I'm afraid. It's fine, but I don't think I would ever listen to it on my own.

Jess: BEST SONG OF THE ROUND! I want to give you a score of 100, but I can't. This is a classic. So catchy and you just can't help but sing and dance along to this. Great choice!

Harley: I'm gonna say the same thing that I said to Madonna. Hit after hit from an artist like MJ is boring. I'm not going to mark you down on this song but if your sending pattern is going to go something like Man in the Mirror, Thriller, Billie Jean, Bad etc. It's a bit safe and basic. With an artist like him you should be branching out into some of his smaller hits. Still WBSS is a great hit and a token to its era. It's also pulled from the best album ever made. However it does get a bit repetitive as the song goes on.

Cool Team Harley: Christina Aguilera - "I Turn to You"

Quote :
Mas: It's been awhile since I heard this. This is such a good number. Christina's voice is just nice to listen.

Turner: this song brings back so many memories this is one of my favorite xtina songs and I happen to enjoy everything she does great job

Nat: I liked her last song better. This is good and all, but it's not my cup of tea.

Jess: I haven't heard this song in forever. I have always liked this one. Christina has such a beautiful voice and this song is beautiful as well.

Harley: Okay here's the thing, last rounds was a smash because you showed the judges something different but this isn't going to be as greatly reviewed. I think you're a Xtina fan which can be good but it can also be really bad. You might hear things or have a special memory to a certain song that us judges don't have. This is kind of an example. We need to move into second gear but we seem to be stuck a bit in first with this submission. It's not a bad song, but I am worried that the other judges may not connect with this. Please take my advice, I'm not saying it for fun.

9) Team Turner: Whitney Houston - "I'm Your Baby Tonight"

Quote :
Mas: Why the closeup and the lighting in the beginning? LOL. This was an okay number. A good voice but yeah, pretty average.

Turner: I am so glad you picked an upbeat one I think you made a great choice with this song it's,always been a favorite of mine keep up the good work

Nat: Yeahhhhh. Not for me, homie.

Jess: I liked the chorus, but the verses were just ok to me, and kind of forgettable. Whitney has better songs.

Harley: Okay wait, does this songs chorus remind ANYONE of the 90s X-Men cartoon series??? Lol. I've never heard this song, which is cool you're not relaying on hits like Michael Jackson and Madonna. Saying that the song was just an okay for me. Really long and started to sound the same after awhile. I did like the bridge though.

10) Team Nat: The Killers - "Somebody Told Me"

Quote :
Mas: LOL, I'm gonna be interested to see her the upcoming round's picks since I'm not sure I've heard anything else from them besides their popular songs. This is definitely catchy though

Turner: I don't like this song I never did I think it really sucks.

Nat: Jesus Christ, dude. Why are you sending in their most popular songs at this stage? lmao. I've always loved this song and it's one of my favorites from them. You can't hear the chorus and not sing along. The only OG Team Nat artist left on my team.

Jess: YAS!!! I love this one!! Now it's gonna be stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

Harley: Yo, if I was Nat I would be pissed. Do you know how to play this game? That's two of their better songs sent in the last two rounds. Maybe you're playing it by how it goes. And I did say we always forget how many great songs this band has, so I could be forgetting. Saying that - this is a great song and probably my favourite from them. When I was younger I always thought it was Franz Ferdinand.

11) Team Jess: The Rolling Stones - "Get Off My Cloud"

Quote :
Mas: Love some rock and roll. Good number!

Turner: I liked this not one of my favorites this round but it was good

Nat: Very cool song. I like it a lot and this game needs you in it for diversity's sake.

Jess: Another great submission from The Stones. Though this isn't a fave of mine, it's still a good one.

Harley: Idk, it's okay. It's not my favourite from them but it's iconic and rightly so. I kind of expected a bit more but I think you're playing the game and that's what needs to happen. I'm not gonna lie I'm judging these last 5 songs drunk and my comments might be contradicting themselves lol. Anyway, yes, just an okay from me. Nothing amazing from the Stones.

12) Team Harley: Lady Gaga - "LoveGame"

Quote :
Mas: Old school Gaga! Really brings back memories of those years lol. Forget how catchy this is.

Turner: I regret telling you to pick from the fame this is one of her best songs well done

Nat: I think I've mentioned before that Lady Gaga is hit or miss. This is a hard miss. Hope you stay and bounce back, but I just don't like this at all.

Jess: Loveeeee this one!! It's so catchy and fun. Great way to end the round.

Harley: Ehhhhhhhhh. Maybe we need to ask Mas how many rounds are left in this game. Please refer to my comments that I left Christina. As a coach you have disappointed me and you didn't listen to my advice. If you're planning on saving Just Dance for the later rounds, please don't. You should of sent Just Dance here. This song is good don't get me wrong, I loved it when I was younger but I am a bit worried. Like Mas said, Lady Gaga can go either way in this game and I will support you but this is an odd choice. Step it up. I guess it is a guilty pleasure, and it makes you want to get a bit trashy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:57 am

It's time now to reveal who will be moving into the Top 10. Remember, the bottom 2 scoring artistes, irregardless of which coach's team they are, will be eliminated.

1st artiste to move on come from
Spoiler:

2nd artiste moving on come from
Spoiler:

Next artiste safe comes from
Spoiler:

7 more spots left!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:00 am

More scores to announce!

4th artiste to move on come from
Spoiler:

5th artiste moving on come from
Spoiler:

6th artiste safe comes from
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

4 more spots left!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mas "The Voice" Season 7...   

Back to top Go down

Mas "The Voice" Season 7...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next