Share | 

The Horror Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23
AuthorMessage
SuperVixenXo

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:32 pm

A-Supreme wrote:
Stealing the words from a southern goddess, I'd bang that harder than a screen door in hurricane! Twisted Evil

Gee that sounds so familiar!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 am

Is anyone excited for the new Suspiria? It's directed by Luca Guadagnino (Call Me by Your Name), stars Tilda Swinton, and the score is being done by Radiohead's Thom Yorke (stepping in obviously for Goblin) so it has all the right stuff to be awesome. It's supposed to be a shade under 3 hours too (2 hours and 50 minutes to be exact) and Argento said that it might not have any witches Laughing (huh?). I don't know what Luca's doing with it, but he said it's a personal film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:21 pm

That sounds awesome Bobby....though the part of not having any witches is...an odd choice Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:27 am

Helena Markos won't be in the remake? Or she won't be an ancient witch? Sad I'm excited for the it though... I'm sure it'll be stylish as fuck. Even though the absence of witches sounds ominous, the talent involved should make for a decent show nonetheless.

Btw, Helena's theme (the one that plays after Suzy stabs her in the throat and burns down the academy in the process) is one of my favorite horror themes. I hope that there's a rendition of that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:14 am

Bobby! They added a Pinehurst Map and blue snot mask Jason to that fabulous game. His weapon is Hedge Trimmers. That was the only movie I was worried about being in the game and they pulled it off amazingly. It's so much fun when they add a new map cause it's scary and also cool running around and finding all the easter eggs. Violet's room <3

omg Tilda Swinton is in the new Suspiria? Tell me that she's totally playing Ms. Tanner's role? Perfect casting choice lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 pm

I think I'm gonna have a blast from the past and have a 90's night on Saturday with a double feature of I Know What You Did Last Summer and The Faculty. Who wants to join <3? I'll make some Jiffy Pop and we can have push up pops too. I remember when my dad used to watch I Know What You Did Last Summer with me in the 90's, he hated Johnny Galecki's character for some reason Laughing. My father was a little like Barry when he was younger. It's probably why I don't mind his character (even though my father could be awful when he drank) that much even though he's an ass. I like Ryan Philippe in general, though. He was in Wish Upon last year and he still looks good. It wasn't too bad.

I might also go see The Strangers: Prey at Night sometime next week. Let me know how it is if any of you see before me. It looks great even though it's getting mixed reviews. Roger Ebert's site gave it 3.5/4 stars, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Lol the girl kept making wishes even though everyone around her was dying. It was good enough though and I can see myself picking it up as a guilty pleasure somewhere down the line. I was shocked by the ending though.

Ryan was good in Catch Hell too... he was even a Barry bad boy type! Kevin and I were talking about that one last week. Interesting movie though there was some suspension of disbelief required. This was the last one I seen him in before Wish Upon.
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:18 pm

I love The Faculty. Did I miss the viewing? Lol I have a really strong craving for popcorn this last few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 am

Not one single reply! Thanks a lot guys. Actually I postponed it Laughing. Thank you Neil <3. You will get extra butter in your popcorn! Dan can chew on the kernels.

I was watching clips last night of Ryan Phillippe in One Life to Live and Sarah Michelle Gellar in All My Children (that's my Saturday night Laughing). Sarah Michelle Gellar was arguing with Susan Lucci at her grandmothers wake. It was very intense <3. She knocked over her grandmothers photo Laughing . Even Erica (who was ice cold) was shook. Ryan's clips were very sad though. He played Billy Douglas, the first openly gay teenager on television. It's considered groundbreaking (which I think people don't know or forget). Ryan's so great. Dan, I never saw Catch Hell, but I'll check it out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:52 pm

I remember the two gay teens on As The World Turns. They were both very good looking. I actually saw one of the actors in a play a few years ago and he looked better in person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Hey I would've been all over it but I worked 20 hours the past 47 hours . Between work and sleep, I haven't had much time. Sad Kernals are good for you though so I'll take what I can get!

modica wrote:
I remember the two gay teens on As The World Turns. They were both very good looking. I actually saw one of the actors in a play a few years ago and he looked better in person.

They were after I stopped watching, unfortunately. I think Bianca from All My Children was the groundbreaking gay character in the times I watched. There weren't a lot of gay characters in daytime at the time in the early 2000s, surprisingly enough.
Back to top Go down
HarleyStodden

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:40 pm

I know I’m late to the party but I Know What You Did Last Summer still remains one of my fave slasher films (I’m not quite sure it falls under that category). I think they’ve been trying to remake it for years now but never quite seems to take off...

I also recently watched the first series of The Exorcist and while I enjoyed it - the way it was shot was a bit amateur and the grey filter they used didn’t work.

I’m trying to think of other things I watched recently that I enjoyed minus Jeepers Creepers 3 being one of the biggest disappointments ever and that was a franchise (despite its controversy) I do enjoy S a guilty pleasure. But that third one...now that was an embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:04 pm

When can we expect your next instalment of Scream Queens? Lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HarleyStodden

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:24 am

I have been pondering about it. Partially why I am to drop by to see how active things were. I have a concept I am trying to work out for it. #watchthisspace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:23 am

The first season of The Exorcist was so good! I don't know if it had the same ~feel~ as the original movie but that's sort of hard to pull off after 40+ years. I couldn't get into the second series though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:03 am

The new Suspiria (teaser) trailer dropped yesterday. You guys into it?

The new Halloween trailer is supposed to be coming later this week too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Suspiria looks like a winner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:47 pm

Where are the vivid, bold, and bright colors? :\

I mean, I know there's more to a movie than beautiful colors but everything just looked so... beige... in this trailer. I do know that Amazon Studios released The Neon Demon which did look fantastic so maybe there's hope.

I'm just nit-picking, I know, but colors were a major thing of the first one and the trailer just didn't show that.
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:37 am

Do you guys like Bay of Blood? Has anyone else seen it? I love how treacherous everyone in that movie is. Plus the ending is great and there's a few things that Steve Miner and Ron Kurz used for Friday the 13th Part 2. Mario Bava always delivered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:46 am

I liked Bay of Blood. I think I saw it on Netflix back in the day, which has me questioning it because Netflix rarely ever has those older Italian movies. Most memorable to me was the ending and the theme that plays after
Spoiler:

I know a lot of people prefer the other title to the movie: A Twitch of the Death Nerve, but doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nice as Bay of Blood. I could maybe throw my weight behind it if it was just simply "Death Nerve" or something.

I still have quite a few to see by Mario Bava, admittedly.
Back to top Go down
tom_delonge_ava

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Anybody see Hereditary yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:08 am

Not yet. I'm probably going to wait until DVD. Toni Collette is a gem though so it's high up on my list. I've heard good things about Unsane so I might bump that up on my DVD queue in the meantime, if I don't blind buy it first. I'm also excited for the new Unfriended movie (the first one is guilty pleasure X10) and The Purge franchise has been enjoyable thus far. Some nice movies coming out in the meantime as we twiddle our thumbs for Halloween H40.

I wasn't big on The Strangers: Prey at Night. The entire plot seemed a bit basic for my liking, and it seems like the characters made incredibly stupid decisions, even more so than usual? The final girl was pretty unlikeable, as well. I didn't have great expectations for it, but I come away feeling that I should've liked this film way more than I did...?

Spoiler:

Almost watched Insidious: The Last Key tonight, but settled for The Commuter which was pretty good. Vera Farmiga being the bad apple <3 It's always nice to see her and Patrick Wilson in a movie.
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:24 am

While he's directed some real trash like Hellbreeder, Johannes Roberts is more than capable of directing some good set pieces on a low budget (The Expelled was taut and was made for nothing), so The Strangers: Prey at Night should have been more than it was. Pool scene was pretty good, though! "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is used effectively and it's the one scene (felt like it anyways) where the director woke up. Lewis Pullman (Christina Hendricks too) was pretty good in general and I'm interested to see if he stars in anything else worth watching because he has a real resemblance to his dad and Lost Highway is awesome. Shout out to Martin Henderson I guess too because the Ring is great and who knows when we'll see him in another horror movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:22 am

The pool scene was good. Probably one of the only two good scenes of the movie, with the other being the creepy blonde stranger coming by their house twice to ask for TAMARA. It was a nice idea that didn't seem fully realized, other than to set an "off" tone for the campground/trailer park.

The setting was awesome. My family had gone to a similar kind of campground up in northern Minnesota a few years ago and it was so creepy at night. This was during October on the off-season so it was deserted. I remember thinking then that it would've been the perfect setting for a horror movie.

Back to the Pool Scene, which will give way to ranting (apologizing in advance):
Spoiler:

I guess I wasn't up for the kind of stupidity involved here just because the first one was such a good exercise in rural horror.  Lord knows I accept enough of it in all of those campy 80s slashers, but I expected a more intelligent movie here. Laughing Maybe I'll develop a love for it on a future rewatch...?

The Expelled aka F! So funny to hear it come up for the first time in the like 4 or 5 years since I've seen it. I actually really liked that one, save for that super abrupt ending that left things a bit too ambiguous. The tension was pretty good leading up to the slashing at school, with the punk slugging the teacher and the teacher getting into trouble for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Horror Thread
Page 23 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23