View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:33 pm

lol yes but none of part 3 were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Oh no I didn't know Fox died Sad how sad. Very cool that they put her in the game then. The people that use her are always sooo serious. And it's funny when I'm in a match with like 3 people using her. Fox's everywhere and they always steal the car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:50 pm

The actress who played Fox died Sad!? Please tell me it's fake news like Susan Jennifer Sullivan!! I just looked and it's true cry. We also lost Richard Brooker a few years back and Harold died back in 2005. I heard Willie Adams (Barry from the original film) died shortly after the first film was shot in a car accident too. Sadness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 am

Does anyone know any good Christmas horror movies? Nothing too jumpy or gory lol just entertaining? A couple that spring to mind would be Black Christmas and Silent Night, Deadly Night. Haven't seen either of them though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:53 am

The Black Christmas remake has more of the fun factor than the original, which is more of a classic good horror movie that's pretty creepy. While it's a good movie, I don't really recommend Silent Night, Deadly Night during the holidays because it's actually pretty disturbing and not at all in good fun for the Christmas season. I saw it during the holidays and it seriously bummed me out. lol The remake (simply called "Silent Night") is actually a bit extreme, as well. Surprisingly though, the fourth sequel to the original(Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker) isn't half as bad as the other sequels, which suck in various degrees.

Some other titles... I put in a few thrillers along with because, similar to Gremlins, there are some horror elements involved as well as a heavy Christmas theme:

Turbulence (1997)
Dead End (2003)
Santa's Slay (2005)
P2 (2007)
Wind Chill (2007)
Saint (2010) aka Sint
A Christmas Horror Story (2015)
Krampus (2015)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:01 am

I love Turbulence! It's so underrated as well. Love movies set on planes. That part when the plane flips over and Weaver is just laughing his head off telling Terri to hold on is gold, followed by "you are one exciting first date" Laughing

I saw Dead End many years ago and thought it was decent. I'll have to check out the other titles and see if any appeal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:13 am

omg someone else who also loves Turbulence???!!! <333

I thought I was the only one. Laughing
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 am

I don't understand why it has such a low rating. It's just a good action movie like plenty of others with much higher ratings. If I was a bad guy, I think I'd be a lot like Weaver, he's hilarious. Chasing Terri through the plane singing "Dashing through the snow" Laughing he's a likeable villain. It does have it's creepy parts though, like when he strangles the life out of Maggie. I love the part when Terri goes back downstairs and finds all the dead cops and pilot sitting up in chairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:12 pm

It's a good guilty pleasure holiday thriller... by no means a great movie but definitely an entertaining one to put on when the time and the mood is right. Ray Liotta overacts and hams it up (the "Buffalo Gals Won't You Come Out Night" bit is by far my fav) and Lauren Holly seemed a bit odd as the leading lady since I've only ever seen her in character, supporting roles, but sometimes it's good for movies not to make their leads so obvious/likeable to start out with. Most similar thrillers probably would have had Maggie, an infinitely more likeable character of the two, as the lead, but like "Psycho" this one killed her off rather brutally and forced us to root for Teri, who despite her ice queen exterior (Lauren Holly always seems to have this to her characters, even in NCIS) becomes a pretty good final girl.
I don't really expect stellar, on-point acting or a super-realistic storyline when it comes to something like this... "Snakes on a Plane" is awesome and "Crash Landing" (with Antonio Sabato, Jr.) has its charms, as well. Pacing never seems slow in these movies, either.

I also like those stalking pictures, especially if they're in a secluded, cut off location. P2 was the very same way, but located in a parking ramp... so, if you liked Turbulence and haven't seen that one, I do highly recommend it. This is a subgenre of thrillers that I happen to enjoy, just like slashers are a subgenre of horror I like, because you see an everyday person (it could be a man, or a woman) outwitting a complete psychopath. Misery, Red Eye, and 10 Cloverfield Lane are a few others that comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:18 pm

I try and watch Silent Night, Deadly Night every December Laughing. I must be fucked up <3. Robert Brian Wilson's hot so that's some good cheer right peeps? Neil I was gonna reply to you too but Dan said everything I was gonna say! I hope you find some awesome movies to watch this holiday season.

Yes at secluded, cut off locations! P2 is really cool. Wes Bentley's an underrated actor too so he makes me love it even more. I don't think it did well at the box office, but it's ace. Wind Chill's is a great recommendation too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:35 am

There's another from a few years back that I remember seeing late at night on Netflix called Barricade with Eric McCormack (from Will & Grace) that may or may not have been Christmas themed, as well; it was definitely winter themed, but I want to say that it involved a widower taking his children to a remote house to celebrate the holidays and shit gets wild. I see that I rated it fairly low, but like my rating of Beneath (the one that involved a group of miners getting trapped underground and succumbing to horrifying visions due to gases), I have this nagging feeling that I may have been way too harsh on this one just like I was with a few Netflix views at the time. I really need to find it again to give it another shot.

On the throwback Netflix note, I have guilty pleasure memories when it comes to ATM, which is more New Year's themed but the festive yet brutal winter elements are still there nonetheless. Kind of a sub-par thriller if I'm going be honest, but I do find something likeable about it mostly because the premise seems realistic to me even if it didn't play out the best. It had a cute cast as well and was one of the first things I've ever seen on Netflix. I've seen it just once, but I think I even pretended at the time that the killer was Brenda from Urban Legend. lol

I also remember this really obscure one I caught one time called Aberration, which had a pink-haired punk chick going to a winter cabin that gets invaded by lizards. I don't think it's at all a Christmas movie; mostly just winter themed. Has anyone ever seen this one? I loved it and would love to get a DVD copy, but it seems pretty impossible to find. Maybe in a decade or so companies will start churning out those 90s movies in DVD/Blu-ray combos because many of those are impossible to find. It took me forever to locate a copy of Ticks and I have no way of seeing Run (the Patrick Dempsey one you recommended to me, Bobby).

Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Has anyone seen Wayne from Jason Takes Manhattan lately? He's a total 48 year old DILF.

I wonder if Julius is still the only one Tamara would consider doing it with Laughing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:23 am

Stealing the words from a southern goddess, I'd bang that harder than a screen door in hurricane! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Oh he'd totally get it Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:28 pm

A-Supreme wrote:
Stealing the words from a southern goddess, I'd bang that harder than a screen door in hurricane! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:34 pm

I just want to backtrack for one sec (cause Dan you posted about a really good movie). I rented ATM one night from the Redbox right next to me and really liked it. I forgot it was set on New Years! Speaking of I might watch New Years Evil with a couple of friends this New Years Eve (couldn't ask for more awesome friends <3) but it's still early so we might change our plans. I haven't seen it in years, but I got the Scream Factory blu last year which is still factory sealed. I still have so many 80's slashers to buy so hopefully they don't go out of print. I'm not concerned about Scream Factory, but is Vinegar Syndrome doing well? I haven't got Graduation Day and To All a Good Night (another cool Christmas horror movie) yet so hopefully they're killing it. Maybe I'll pick them up in the next couple weeks. I really should get The Dorm That Dripped Blood as well.

Hey speaking of holiday movies, did we mention While She Was Out yet?? It's another cool movie set on Christmas Eve if you're looking for some horror movies this season. Dan I'm sure seen it. Kim Basinger (underrated these days) is great and so is Lukas Hass who was in the often overlooked Lady in White. I actually watched Lady in White again in October (I think it was late October) and it's just as good as it was when I was a kid. They used to play it all the time on UPN back in the late 90's, usually on Sunday afternoons or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:29 pm

You could end up paying a bit for the three you mentioned, Bobby. I have all three and I think I paid somewhere between 15-20 bucks for each... Amazon has them all listed for that, as well. Vinegar Syndrome releases in general seem to all into that bracket. At least they're not as spendey as those Arrow Release titles, though. You can always try the second-hand sellers on Amazon and might make a few deals that way, though that way doesn't really pay all the time for me because I get free shipping via Prime so I just look at shipping charges as a price increase. So, if price+shipping in the second-market is higher than the price(no shipping) on Amazon for a new item, I don't even bother and just buy through Amazon because at least they're pretty no hassle about returns. The only downside is that Amazon SUCKS in the packaging department, so some movies get pretty beat up. lmao

New Year's Evil needs to go on my rewatch list soon. I still haven't gotten around to The Funhouse either. I think those two, along with Hell Night. Hell Night and American Gothic are both coming out soon on bluray which is exciting, though I don't need the Hell Night one because I already own that and paid a pretty penny for the Anchor Bay DVD (considering where the price for that is now, I was lucky to get it for the price I did). American Gothic <3 the version I have is full screen but this will be widescreen so I'm getting my paws on that ASAP. I'm such a dork, but when I have a 16X9 TV, movies just look so better widescreen even if they were filmed in full screen.

I actually haven't seen that that one you mentioned. I'll get it on my Netflix queue though... looks like it could be a good one. I'll have to get some reviews typed up, either tonight or tomorrow. I have a lot of promising titles that I'm excited to talk about!
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Yeah when I last looked at Graduation Day it was 15 bucks and now it's a shade over 19. I'll obviously won't pay for shipping but there's tax and it all adds up especially around holiday when you have to shop for a bunch of people. I sometimes hold off because I'm selective of what movies I buy physical copies of and 70 bucks (while fine) is a lot for three movies I've seen a bunch of times especially when I know I'll end up a couple others too while I'm there. I think the Dead Kids (Strange Behavior) blu is like 23 bucks which is a lot for a movie most people haven't heard of. It only has like 4 Amazon reviews and it came out a few years ago too. I know the Arrow ones are jacked up and so are those Vestron releases. At least they're awesome. The Amazon packaging can be a nightmare like you said too. I used to ignore if something came in a bit beat up but I send it back now because packaging should be a priority for a site like Amazon and why should we have to pay for shit?

The Funhouse gets better every single time you watch it so yeah give that one a go again when you get a chance. Hell Night I've seen twice but don't own so that one I'll definitely be interested in when it comes out. I just looked, it comes out on January 2nd. Cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:59 am

Right when I said I'm not worried about Scream Factory Terror Train goes out of print Laughing. I never got it! I have the old Fox DVD from like 2005 which I'm cool with so I never got the blu. I was considering getting it a few months ago too but decided not to. I guess Scream Factory lost the rights (it wasn't because of poor sales) so I'm sure it'll get another release in the future. It does star Jaime Lee Curtis and she is coming back for Halloween.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:56 pm

I have the Fox version, as well. I'm not the biggest fan of Terror Train anyway, though I generally don't 'upgrade' to blurays unless the quality is a HUGE step up from a previous DVD releases. Like, for instance, 1989's Intruder. It was in full-screen and in somewhat shoddy (though perfectly serviceable) quality on the Full Moon DVD version but the Synapse DVD&Bluray combo fixes both issues. I think that one along with Ginger Snaps were the only times I've ever upgraded to a new version from a previous. I didn't even upgrade to Bluray for Ginger Snaps: I got the Canadian DVD because the one I had was in full-screen and that one was in widescreen.

I can't imagine the two versions of Terror Train being that stark of a difference to ever warrant upgrading, you know? Maybe if I was interested in the movie for the extras, but meh @ that thought. Maybe The Prowler to you is Terror Train to me... though it does have Hart Bochner as a possible closeted character in it so it does have that going for it. lol, maybe I just need a little more time to find my love for it.
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Haha I have that Intruder DVD too. Full screen is where I cross the line unless I pick up a tape that's not on disc, but I agree the picture is serviceable. It gives away the killer on the back, right? I know it does in the trailer at least. I haven't actually looked at the case in a while since I have it stored away somewhere. Intruder's hella good though. Synapse does an A+ job on all their releases. I know you don't like upgrading, but dude their release of Prom Night is amazing if you haven't gotten it. It's so worth the double dip. Watching it is almost like seeing Prom Night for the first time because you can see everything. I swear I never knew the janitor was in the closet when Wendy got killed. I think you told me you have the echo bridge DVD? That one has the alternate cover art that was used in a lot of the video releases (I have a Virgin Visions release that used that cover). The Echo Bridge disc is in it's original aspect ratio which is cool, but the newest release is awesome. I know you're aren't a Prom Night fanatic like I am, but if you think the movie's drab or a bit dull in spots (I'm sure kids/teens today would hate it since the pacing is so much different than modern films), give the new transfer a chance.

I really like Terror Train. John Alcott did the cinematography which I think does make a difference and Curtis plays a character with a little more of an attitude than her previous roles in Halloween and Prom Night which is a nice change of pace. Hart Bochner is great too and yeah his maybe/maybe not crush on Moe is coot and adds a possible layer of complexity to a role that could've been routine (but entertaining either way). It's also legitimately creepy when the killer dons the first costume.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:35 pm

I've been meaning to get the Synapse release of Prom Night. It's relatively cheap on Amazon, and I was impressed when I saw a clip showing how well-cleaned up it was compared to all the older versions I've ever seen. The prom night final fight sequence is so beautiful and colorful. I have the 'Jamie Lee with a Bloody Axe in the Bouquet' version that I got for like 5 bucks at Wal-Mart, which I think I'll always hold onto just because it makes me smile. But you're absolutely right that this is a good one to shell out for the newer version. I'll get there eventually. Cool
Back to top Go down
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Off topic, but that pink girl with the shades looks gorgeous Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:13 am

Samara Weaving in The Babysitter. This movie is on Netflix and comes highly recommended. I really need to get some new reviews typed up and soon. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Horror Thread
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next