HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Horror Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:00 pm

LMAO I remember seeing this clip a while ago and having tears laughing Laughing so good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:36 pm

LOL so epically hilarious. I can't decide if liked that part or this part better...

God bless terrible 90s acting... <33

(Love this movie, btw)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Btw, my cousin and I always laughed at this theme song in German:

Peppa Enn, Peppa Enn!  drunken

Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Lol what is that theme? Laughing German kids must have loved that. Haha I loved the Jack Black character. I remember when the group arrived and he welcomed them, he said something like "and get jiggy wid it" whilst shaking his cheeks. It was so funny. I need to see that scene again. I also remember Tyrell was it? Black guy, What he said just before his death cracked me up. All he wanted was to get laid the whole time but never managed to. He said something like "I'm cold, I'm hungry, I'm fuckin horny and personally, I haven't seen one god damn psycho killer" lol right before he appeared from above somewhere and hooked him. Classic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:23 pm

That death made me jump! Like, no joke. I watched the first one and the second one back to back with my family one night so both movies are pretty special to me. I've always been a little bit more devoted to IKWYDLS than Scream, which I fully admit I didn't really start loving until some years later when I understood the genre a little better. I even cherished Urban Legend: Final Cut and owned that movie on both VHS & DVD. Some of the deaths in that one were so scary back when I was 12 years old... I remember the rats coming out of the bloody corpse... omfg!

The first scene of Scream (Casey's death, naturally) always disturbed me but even as a kid a lot of the comedy seemed to kind of take over a lot. It was enjoyable enough, but I can't say the movie was as good at scaring me as IKWYDLS. At least that's how I saw it at the time. I still have the opinion Scream is a bit too heavy on the character development in the middle scretch, though it more than makes up for it in the bloody finale. The sequel paces things better.

IKWYDS, on the other hand, just carried a deep sense of dread the whole way through. That's still the most effectively thing for me... if a horror movie feels like some alternative dimension of hell but on Earth, then it's done well.
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:56 pm

EnnJaySee wrote:

Has anyone seen Wilderness? It's a British horror, pretty light horror but it's got the blood and guts Laughing I saw it years ago and really enjoyed it for a low budget movie. Was solid all round. There's also a girl in it from here who my friend knew. Here's the trailer.

I liked Wilderness! I rented it from a video store around 07/08. It was around the time when British horror was really, really good. It doesn't quite get to the heights of Eden Lake, Severance, The Descent, The Children, The Abandoned etc, but it's still a pretty good film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:49 pm

I fricking love ISKWYDLS, such a guilty pleasure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Tara! Worst GIF ever lol should be a ban on here of GIF avatars Razz still images only please!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Cindyfan wrote:
I fricking love ISKWYDLS, such a guilty pleasure.

Haha, the movie is such a goddess so far as horror sequels. I love pretty much everything about it.
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:49 am

Being a Geography nut, I spotted immediately the mistake the girls made when answering Rio as the capital of Brazil on the radio station Laughing I was not fooled! I'd be like "Yo punk ass bitch, that's not even the right answer, fuck you fisherman!" Laughing at least Estes was on my level lol

Imagine her on the phone like

JUST

FUCKING

DIE!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Anyone going to see this? Or have you heard any reviews about it yet? It looks very interesting to say the least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:33 am

Imma watch it, though I probably will wait for DVD. The Groundhog Day angle should make it a fun watch, at the very least.
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Hahaha what is this? Looks like fun. I love the Groundhog dale element too. Reliving the same day with a horror feel to it. The only thing is the mask sucks. It's not creepy at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 pm

The mask reminds me of the killer masks in Four Flies on Grey Velvet and Valentine:

Both seem bulgy and look rather lame in photographs, but they are kind of weird, bizarre, and creepy as well so I don't mind them. I expect the mask is going to attract some hate, though.

I have a feeling that Happy Death Day is going to be somewhat self-aware though... surely it must for it to have the title it has.
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:44 pm

I thought the baby mask from Valentine was good. It's been such a long tine, was there a scene when the camera zooms in and blood starts coming out of the nose?

How about that "wax it!" douche and she literally pours hot candle wax all over it Laughing I'm going to have to look up some scenes from that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 pm

This movie was alright. I got pretty bored of it about half way in. Anyone else see it? Also, I apologize If its been posted before as I dont want to go through 20 pages! LMK what you guys thought though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:34 pm

I want Happy Death Day to do well mostly because it would be really cool to see a slasher movie to do good at the box office again. I think it looks good too (it's gonna have to work its little butt off to be better than Salvage though), but I'm excited to see what it could lead to. Halloween will likely be a moderate success at the very least next year as well so we could end up seeing a nice mix of horror movies hitting the big screen again these next few years.

Hey while we're talking about slasher movies (Valentine is sex), can we talk about Detention (2011)? Has anyone here seen it? I watched it a couple night ago after attempting to watch it years ago and while I appreciated all the bold and outrageous shit that was happening, the weird for the sake of weird was exhausted by the last half an hour. The Final Girls (another film I finally got around to recently) was able to take a wild concept (it was like Midnight Movie meets Camp Slaughter) and make it work 100%. The Final Girls in return was well received, but I imagine there was a lot of people who hated Detention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi shrad! <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Firebolt102890 wrote:
Hi shrad! <3

SIS!! I was wondering where you were Sad. It feels like you haven't posted here in ages. I just saw that you said you're rooting for Lauren Laughing. I am too <3. Girl make sure you check your PM's later cause I'm gonna send you a message tonight! Happy Friday the 13th <3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Horror Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21