HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Horror Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:57 pm

A straight man's life becomes disastrous - and obsessively dangerous - when his family, fiancee and friends all begin to reject him after he realizes he has fallen in love with another man.

Just read the bio. It says its a horror though but idk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:31 am

I haven't seen October Moon either, but I heard it's actually pretty decent. Tara have you seen Hellbent? I'd reccomend that one if you're looking for a really good gay themed horror movie! Make a Wish isn't too bad either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:50 am

Hellbent, I have I think. Slasher flick right? October Moon was one of the horrors on a paid streaming site. I'll give it a go. The sequel sounds more slasher like though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:39 pm

October Moon is on Amazon Prime - sweet! Very Happy

Hellbent ... lol I loved the part where that gay couple finds the dead body in the bathroom stall and that one snidely says "That is NOT funny". Then, the body twitches and they both freak out. lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:18 pm

October Moon - Was more of a drama than horror. It was good but strange. I liked the cast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:51 am

wHAT SHOULD I WATCH? tHE BABADOOK OR IT FOLLOWS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:34 am

The critical darlings of 2015. You should watch them both. Smile

I think The Babadook plays more into childhood fears with the ghost/boogeyman in the dark corner of the bedroom, whereas It Follows definitely preys more on teenagers/young adults who are exploring sex for the first time.

Both are good, but I think It Follows is a bit more creepy. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Cindyfan wrote:
wHAT SHOULD I WATCH? tHE BABADOOK OR IT FOLLOWS?

It Follows! I think both are pretty much perfect though. The Babadook is now an LGBT icon too.

So adorable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:38 pm

I wish I'd not seen that right before I try to sleep...Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Rip Tobe Hooper. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Poltergeist, and The Funhouse (to me) are all classics. While he never could quite live up to his earlier work in his later years, I still really like The Toolbox Murders (we were just discussing it too!) and Body Bags has one terrific segment called "The Gas Station" directed by the great John Carpenter. I never loved The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, The Mangler, or Mortuary (he really fell from grace by then), but he was influential, talented, and the face peeling scene in Poltergeist will forever be etched in my mind. It doesn't matter to me if Steven Spielberg might've secretly directed a portion of the film.
Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:16 pm

omgg he passed away? Sad how sad!

I was on a Tobe Hooper kick, too... I watched Toolbox Murders, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and Spontaneous Combustion all recently. I've been planning a Funhouse rewatch too for like ever. Maybe I should prioritize that one higher now.

Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Is anyone else excited for Gerald's Game on Netflix? It's directed by Mike Flanagan! Here's the trailer.

I read the book a few years ago and it's really, really good. I wouldn't read any of the YouTube comments if you haven't read because there's spoilers in there, but there's more to the movie than the trailer shows. Stephen King is having one hell of a year (well despite the Dark Tower). It is going to be huge (the hype for that movie is insane), and we all know Mike Flanagan has a lot of talent (Absentia is amazing) so this has so much potential too! Maybe if this goes over well we'll also get a Rose Madder adaptation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:11 pm

I was hearing that he was having one come out soon, Gerald's Game. It'll hopefully be a Netflix Original worth looking out for because, thus far, I haven't been so impressed. I like mostly all of his stuff and even the ones I didn't like (particularly Oculus), I admit that it was still pretty well done. He's very talented.

I finally attained a copy of Before I Wake which has been delayed here in the U.S. for, like, ever. I'm just waiting for the right night to put that one in... lord knows I've waited long enough. lol
Back to top Go down
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Going to see IT tonight ehhhhh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:09 am

I was just going to post about that. For anyone who sees it, can they post a review? Without spoilers obviously. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:45 pm

I've made plans to go see it tonight with my bestie, I'll be sure to post a review in a few days if all materializes the way I hope it does.
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:51 pm

EnnJaySee wrote:
I was just going to post about that. For anyone who sees it, can they post a review? Without spoilers obviously. Thanks.

My Review of It: http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com/t116p100-dan-s-movie-reviews#9318
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:28 am

So I guess Jaime Lee Curtis is supposed to be returning as Laurie Strode in the new Halloween movie that is due next year? Wtf haha. It's supposed to be a direct sequel to the first Halloween so I think they're going to be ignoring even Halloween H20. Garrett must be happy <3. I'm fucking stocked myself! lol at how many different paths this series has gone down. Someone said it's like a choose your own nightmare Laughing. It's true though. You can pretty much now watch whatever you want to happen to the characters by picking what movie to watch next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:43 am

Lol how many movies are there? I've seen the first, second, H20 and Resurrection. The second is weird how it's set at a hospital but where the hell is everyone? Was that ever explained? I just remember it being a virtually empty hospital except for Laurie and a few of the staff plus a male friend who I forget (Jimmy?) and then Dr Lloomis and a few cops. When you see hospitals in reality, they're brightly lit and the corridors are full of people but in the movie, it was pretty dim and barely a person around Laughing I know it's just a movie but how do you explain that scenario? Hospitals are never empty, like airports lol always people there. I also remember a funny hot tub scene?

The last two Halloweens I've found the sequel on tv but couldn't find the first lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:06 am

I believe there's eight Halloweens, not including the two Rob Zombie remakes. It sounds you watched the preferred canon - no one really acknowledges the others besides H1, H2, and H20 because that would mean that Laurie Strode is dead and that just plain sucks. Halloween III does have its fans, but that's a completely different beast.

To answer your question regarding why the hospital was empty... I could always sass you Neil and say that Haddonfield Hospital wasn't empty until Michael sliced and diced his way through the staff. Razz But yeah, I do know there's a lot of frenzy going on around Haddonfield with cars blowing up and Loomis turning the town upside down with the police to find Michael. Maybe that took some of the people away for the evening? The staff bodycount was pretty big and Haddonfield seemed like such a small town so maybe they were running a skeleton crew. I think my biggest thing was, where were all the patients? It literally just seemed like Laurie, which seemed weird. You would expect there to be at least a few others, but nope. lol

I loved the abandoned hospital setting but it is a pretty glaring plot-hole, though I excuse it because Halloween II was competing with a bunch of other 80s slashers of the time and a lot of them relied on stupid things like this to play through. Analyzing it, I think Halloween II was the father of the "abandoned hospital" cliché. It's like the "cellphones won't work" or the "car won't start" cliché... they're staples of the genre but the earlier works never explained these away. They merely just created the clichés, but later works do justify them existing.

For example, Cold Prey II (the sequel to the 2006 Norwegian straight-forward slasher) had a similar storyline from H1-H2 in that the final girl from that one is taken to an isolated clinic that was being shut down, explaining the limited patients and dark setting, only to be pursued by the same killer.
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:28 am

Lol oh yeah it's certainly a plot hole to have a virtually empty hospital with such dim lighting but I excuse it as well since it's so much fun Laughing I wouldn't watch any remakes. No desire to. Haha just watched the nightshift nurse death when her little shoes fall off Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:18 pm

A-Supreme wrote:
It sounds you watched the preferred canon - no one really acknowledges the others besides H1, H2, and H20 because that would mean that Laurie Strode is dead and that just plain sucks.

But now they are officially no longer canon so Laurie lives!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:20 pm

I just want to give a quick shout out to the general public who've been awesome these last couple years making movies like It, Get Out, Split, Don't Breathe, The Purge (its sequels mostly) big hits which will allow for a much wider range of horror movies to get made instead of only ghost movies which we've been over saturated with lately. I think the bar for horror movies has been raised big time over these last few years too with the help of the movies I already mentioned and smaller but other critical darlings like It Follows, The Babadook, The Witch, The Green Room and ghost movies like The Conjuring. Lots of future classics. Jigsaw (though it might be great) could seem too passé when it's released in October. It'll be interesting to see how it does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:03 am

I don't see jigsaw doing too well sadly. I say a 15 million opening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:13 am

I think I may have mentioned this before but, with an IT remake, it's made me think of another Stephen King book to movie adaptation that could seriously do with a remake. The Langoliers! I love the story, but the 1995 tv version is badly done. I still love it because of nostalgia and cheesy acting, but if they done that properly with good actors and proper CGI etc, it could be really really good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Horror Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next