Share | 

The Horror Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Dan  I Love You. I luv you <3

The Final Terror isn't too bad. I remember thinking the setting was extremely atmospheric and liked how the group worked together to take down what was after them. The print I saw was very poor (like hella dark), so it was hard to see what was going on in a lot of scenes. I did notice Daryl Hannah <3. Rachel Ward and Adrian Zmed were in it as well, but I don't remember who they played lol. I think they all survived? I'd love to watch it again on blu. People give The Prey (a film I know you like too) and Don't Go in the Woods a lot of shit, but I like them a bit more.

Laughing Scalps. I was gonna ask you if you watched it yet. It only has a 3.6 on IMDB, but it's worthy of being loved too, and is nothing but celestial in my hazel eyes <3. It's way better than its reputation suggests and a lot of fun to watch. Kinda weird and unsettling in parts too. I know some people think it's boring until they get to the burial ground, but I didn't think it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:33 pm

I usually try to find a few things to like about each movie I watch. The Prey had such an awesome downbeat ending and Don't Go In The Woods...alone has that cute jingle (along with the mysterious box around one of the actresses names.... did we ever figure out why?) The Final Terror does have those spooky woods. I also liked the one death scene there was... poor guy was probably one sec from busting his nut and BAM, killer gets him and his girlfriend is left to die soon after offscreen. There was lots of things wrong with the movie, but this scene was pretty effective.

Scalps - Not boring at all. Sure, it was a familiar set up but I think most people who watch it are probably rabid slasher fans scraping the bottom of the barrel anyway. The rape scene and subsequent death scene were so shocking and actually looked realistic... granted the video quality wasn't the greatest at this part because I'm sure it was chopped to bits in censoring. But I was surprised at how grotesque it was for such a cheap movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 am

I've seen the first 3 Wrong Turns and would rate them all above 5. They are what they are. You don't expect great scripts or acting. Purely fun entertainment. I usually laugh throughout them lol. First is obviously the best but still enjoyed the reality show spin on the second and the two survivors were obviously a shock. A black guy survived? Laughing and like you said, you expect the other girl to be the lead, but then she is killed and someone else takes over. I like twists like that. The same with 3, it had a few twists. I especially liked the "good" convict, Brandon, who often helps Nate and the girl. You think he really is good until the twist at the very end. Never trust a con Laughing I've not seen the other 3 and don't really have any desireto. Groups of good looking college kids don't interest me, it's so cliche. Screaming pretty girls. I know the first 3 had that but they weren't presented in that way.

Are 4, 5, and 6 any good? I'd watch if I saw them on tv, but don't think I'd seek them out. I'd also like to see Hostel part 3 having seen 1 and 2 but again, not overly keen to go seek it out lol. I'm not massively into movies. Most of my viewing time is taken up by sports (a lot) and tv shows such as Survivor, Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead etc which leaves little time for movies. I'd watch one now and again though.

Who's that in your pic? She's delightful Laughing Hilary Duff's sister?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:35 pm

EnnJaySee wrote:
I've seen the first 3 Wrong Turns and would rate them all above 5.

<3 <3. I love Wrong Turn Neil. I'd probably give it like an 8 and genuinely think it's a good and exciting horror movie. I love seeing Kevin Zegers and Lindy Booth in it together before they would both star in Dawn of the Dead remake too. I'm a fan of Kevin Zegers in general! Frozen of course is great, but I really like this film called Fear of the Dark that he was in. I'm not sure if anyone here has seen it, but it's worth a watch if you haven't (though its probably been like ten years since I've seen it).

Dan, I'm pretty sure it was Angie Brown's agent who convinced the filmmakers (as a stipulation for her being in the film lol) to put her name in a box.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:42 pm

I think Wrong Turn 4 has a few merits, at least for good trashy fun if nothing else. You could probably skip 5 or 6 though, in all honesty, though the raging completest in me urges you to press on so that you can share your thoughts, Neil. Wink

I've become quite fond of Haylie Duff ever since I saw her play a vicious, evil bad girl in Home Invasion. She's been a final girl in a few other horrors (Desecrated and Fear Island both come to mind) and who can forget about Summer Wheatley in Napoleon Dynamite? I always liked her but her turn as the bad girl won me over big time. What a quackie cutie she is I love you She's like a less mean version of Vegina Gorge... I honestly don't see what's not to like.

I've been seeing a few good things lately... need to get another batch of reviews going and soon!
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:50 am

I was joking when I said Hilary Duff's sister Laughing I didn't know she had a sister. Just thought she looked like her and now I know why. That's a good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Haylie Duff was honestly way more talented than Hilary in acting and singing lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Was? Did she die?? sad hope not. Oh we must pay tribute to George Romera who has died.

My ranking of the dead movies, the first 3 anyway, not the 00s ones.

1: Dawn of the Dead
2: Night of the Living Dead
3: Day of the Dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:06 pm

No, but I was under the impression they weren't that active in either field anymore. Wikipedia tells me I'm super wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Haha, not just wrong then but super wrong! I must also correct myself. I called the great man George Romera when it is of course, George Romero.

Do these threads ever go read only? Wondering how far this thread could go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:33 pm

RIP Sad.

1. Dawn
2. Day
3.Night
4. Diary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:43 pm

R.I.P. George Romero.

No doubt did he pretty much lay down the groundwork for the zombie film (and I'd talk about them more, but I already did). So, I'll take a moment to talk about one of his non-Zombie films - Monkey Shines. A bizarre movie with an evil monkey antagonist making life hell for a bitter quadriplegic guy. I admit, monkeys really kind of scare me and I'd steer clear if I ever saw one in real life. I hear that they get possessive and jealous over their owners too; so, I'm not sure why it was ever considered a good idea to have one become a service animal for the handicapped. Not to mention their mischievous reputation. By the way, Kate O'Neil from The House on Sorority Row shows up to play the love interest. Smile

I'll have to bump Creepshow up on my watch list. I hear that it's one of his good ones but it's also a franchise so it'll involve finding the others as well since I'm a raging completest like that.
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Oh I so want to see monkey shine but anything with animals gets me somehow. I don't like them being in horrors much s it doesn't always end good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Quote :
I don't like them being in horrors much s it doesn't always end good.

LOL, you got that right strange

Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Laughing oh dear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Taragoddess <3 love your horror avatar btw! I need to rewatch that one and soon.
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks. Love the movie. Is yours a horror one? I've seen her before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:54 pm

It's Haylie duff from Fear Island which I believe is released on DVD in your neck of the woods but not mine. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:02 pm

That sucks. £1.99 here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Haha, can't be that good Wink was watching Benidorm tonight and looked up a cute girl on it. She was in a 2011 movie called Hollow. Anyone seen it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:13 pm

The Collection, October Moon, Open House or Mother's Day to watch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Jessica Ellerby? I haven't no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:17 pm

Haylie Duff was in 2007's Nightmare which was pretty cool http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993775/. I think it was a Lifetime movie, but I remember it being better than a 4.6.

Last edited by Shred on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:25 pm

I secretly find Monkey Shines boring <3. I got to give it another watch though! You made it look like such a good and scary thriller (what film did I watch?), but most of the movie is actually more of a drama and a bit long. Jason Beghe is really good though. I'd probably rank it below a couple of Romero's zombie movies, but far, far above a film like Bruiser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Mother's Day for me.

The Collection needs to be watched after watching The Collector. It's a sequel.

I found Open House boring but I like Brian Geraghty. Still. Lol

Haven't heard of October Moon or Nightmare. Fear Island is surprisingly good, btw... at least for a TV movie.

I will say the weakness with Monkey Shines is its length. The plot could've been tightened a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Horror Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next