The Horror Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:25 pm

*anticipiates Tara's review*

I'll try to post a few reviews tomorrow as well. I saw one recently that kinda creeped the beegeebers out of me (!) so I wanna gush about it for a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:29 am

Holly Hunter is in The Burning too (you just have to squint real hard to see her). Copycat <3 <3. Jaime Lee Curtis could never :p. lol Holly Hunter is actually probably embarrassed by The Burning. She shouldn't be though because it's obviously the best film she's ever done. It's probably in my top three from the 80's. I used to have the DVD too, but my cousin wanted it so I gave it to her lol. You're right that the picture was really, really good though and it had an audio commentary on it as well. You have to get the Prom Night blu though. It's a literal game changer (very Sarah Lacina). I was in awe of the green grass and deep red lockers; not to mention the prom looks vibrant and not like Hamilton High got its benefits shut off. Wendy's dress looks luscious <3. Tyler, have you gotten it yet? I know you love Prom Night too and I still remember that time you lol'd when someone on the Prom Night boards said it was a drama about how a girls death affected a whole community Laughing. It has stuck with me!! Tear I wish you'd post in here more because we have so much Dario Argento bad dubbing to still talk about. Opera <3. Your replies in Jack's thread are amazing. I'll never not love when you compare things to Lynch.

I also picked up Madman. I saw it when I was getting The Burning and couldn't help but put it in my Amazon cart. Madman Marz seduced me <3. I don't even like it, but I don't have it and may like it more if I watch it again since I've only seen it once. Dan, let me know how the Chopping Mall blu is. I have it on tape and DVD, but I too love it and still have to get that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:07 am

I actually liked Madman after I rewatched it. I probably wouldn't have given it another look either but I got the bluray for dirt-cheap last summer and watched it last spring. I tried reviewing it on here but my window rudely closed so I wasn't able to post it and Tyler (or you?) said that he wasn't a fan so I got discouraged and figured that no one would miss my review anyway. Sad Laughing The first time I saw it left me a bit cold especially because (spoiler) our surprisingly brave, resourceful final girl doesn't make it after she rescues a group of young kids, but I think upon reflection, it needed to divert paths with similar Friday the 13th somehow and the ending really packed a punch because the movie could be seen as a campfire story in motion about the horrifying legend that is Madman Marz. Some of the deaths were also pretty brutal and well-done, particularly the hanging death and when Madman Marz yanks the poor guy down to crack his neck. anguish Plus, I liked the not-so-final girl's chase - you know, the one that always happens an hour or so in and lasts so long but never ends well. Ellie the waif does her best to evade the killer, even emptying the contents of the fridge onto the floor and hides in it. Not that it makes a lick of difference. <3 Overall, the movie has an eerie mood to it. I can call myself a fan of it now and hopefully you will too once you rewatch it too.

Chopping Mall bluray was great! I actually watched it this morning once I got up. There were a few spots at the beginning with minor visible negative damage, but after those bits, it looked amazing and was as entertaining as ever, especially in its dated 80s gadgety way. What a cute funny cast, too. "I’m not used to being chased around a mall in the middle of the night by killer robots" may be one of my favorite lines ever. If you wanna see the movie without shelling the money, I believe it's on Amazon Prime for free viewing in its blu quality. I just wanted my own copy because it's a fun one I see myself watching a lot. I still have to check out a few of the extras... it seems like 5 of the 8 actors (including Barbara Crampton, ofc) showed up to do interviews and they have a good outlook on the experience.

The Hide and Go Shriek DVD is also out there as well. It just got released recently and I mention it now because it's got a somewhat similar premise as Chopping Mall, but without the killer robots so of course that means that it's not as memorable. You've probably already seen it, Bobby... what do you think of it? The inappropriate gay angle may turn off some people. I actually recognized Sean Kanan from soap operas in this one. I can't say I really loved it... it would probably rank down a little lower on my list of slasher flicks. We'll see what I think of it when I rewatch it in the future.

Future Bluray Watches:
- Scalps ... I'm doing it, Bobby..... wish me luck  Twisted Evil
- Night of the Demons 1 & 2
- Willard & Ben
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Most likely to die-

Paint by numbers slasher. I enjoyed it but there was some stuff missing, character development for one. Heather Morris is the main character but we don't get a lot of story. Has goods death scenes but the twist is meh at least. Watch on a boring afternoon or something.  7.5/10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Funhouse Massacre -

Wow lol. So this is a comedy horror. It starts off ok but then gets going. We have a bunch of café workers going to a funhouse horror themed for Halloween. It has a few good names to it. We have 5 psychos who kill to kill. I love the humour, it adds to the movie. lol Matt Angel appears in this as one of the main guys. It is really good and worth a watch deffo. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Awesome Tara, good selections!

I watched Most Likely to Die during a dry spell when I was in desperate need of a good slasher and nothing had really come out in the way of seriousness in the months before. There was Lost After Dark which had its head so far up its ass on being a throwback that it forgot to be something of its own. Then there was The Final Girls which make no mistake was a good movie, yet was not a mean-spirited slasher. So, I was desperate to love something new when this one came along. I admit in hindsight that Most Likely to Die is not so much a great movie per se, but it just brought something that I had been looking for. The 2000's vibe <3 Heather Morris reuniting with her high school flame who is now famous <3 Gnarly killer costume, too. Too bad that it doesn't have more fans... oh well. There were better ones that came out in the months to year that followed this one, but this one at least got things rolling in the right direction.

I'm loving The Funhouse Massacre love Heart I gush about this one whenever I can. Mikey Jo always recommends the best movies. My favorite in this one is of course Dollface, whom I had my avatar for a while on here. She was so deliciously evil... I don't imagine that I would have liked it near as much without her. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Hope to see more reviews, Tara. I have several typed up, but I just need to revise and get my photos ready. I might add a few more to the post as well.

Last edited by A-Supreme on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:38 pm

I have seen Hide and Go Shriek, but its probably been a good ten years or more. I actually watched its Hysteria Continues podcast recently and the guys (three of who are gay) were talking about the homophobic stuff towards the end; none of which I at all remembered. The 80's were sadly scattered with utr homophobia and stereotypes in horror/slasher movies with Cruising (which I do consider to be a slasher movie in the vein of Dressed to Kill) and Windows being the most notorious examples and Hanging Heart being a more obscure one. Hide and Go Shriek isn't too good anyways? I love, love, love the furniture store setting, but with Chopping Mall you not only get the furniture store, but the spacious mall (which had also been done to great effect in The Initiation) with an array of stores. I do remember Hide and Go Shriek's body count being low though and somebody applying frosting on their face at the beginning of the film Laughing. It's a blur!! The Chopping Mall cast is cute. John Terlesky is a stud; Kelli Maroney and Barbara Crampton are adorable.

I fucking love Demons & Demons 2. Demons especially. I love that they're also filled with music from bands like Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, etc just like goddess Phenomena . We all speak English <3.

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:54 pm

I don't have time to go through all 17 pages of this thrad but I WANT TO BE INVOLVED because I love you all so has anyone watched Zombeavers on Netflix? It's my favorite bad movie of all time I force all my friends to watch it and they're all very skeptical at first but love it by the end
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:07 pm

That sounds hilarious and like a drunk group viewing of it would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Lol I loved Zombeavers. I'd be up for revisiting it.
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Swinners wrote:
I WANT TO BE INVOLVED because I love you all

We love you too Luke <3 <3 <3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:17 pm

yes you HAVE to watch Zombeavers with a group and preferably drunk

love you too Shrad <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Swinners <3.

Will be watching the Green Inferno soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:35 am

I watched Madman last night and really liked the spooky campfire setup this time, but I think I liked the movie less. The Vinegar Syndrome (what a skanky company <3) print looks fantastic, but it's meandering not unlike The Prowler, and the counselors fall really flat. The film also has no suspense during the death sequences!! It does have a couple things going for it though: the blues are lush, and the final girl getting killed off is unexpected and atypical for its time. Richie is such a bizarre survivor and I kinda love it even if I don't particularly care for his character. The best part though is when Ellie panics and hides in the fridge Laughing . What a goddess <3. So maybe a 5/10? Not awful (there's worse of course), but it just doesn't click with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:40 am

Yay! I think I had Maniac rated at a 5/10 originally but may have bumped it up to a 6/10 after my rewatch. I'm glad you found a few things to appreciate about it at least. It'll never be a popular selection from its time, but there will always be those few redeeming qualities to every movie.

I watched The Return of the Living Dead franchise recently. I'll briefly say...
- The Return of the Living Dead - I loved it, not surprisingly. Thom Mathews' cuteness <3 Linnea Quigley stripping for absolutely no reason in the cemetery just because she can and because her breasts are so perfectly perky and so <3 The tank zombie... omg, I would've fallen over if I would've come face to face with such a hideous thing in real life. The indestructible zombies that came to be due to environmental pollution, which seems to be its overall statement. Basically, we humans are going to cause our own deaths if we keep dumping on the earth the way we do. Just watch this... this movie forecasted that back in 1985 even! 8/10!
- Return of the Living Dead Part II -  It was okay. The biggest flaw is that it just felt so slow in spots. The unexplained returns of James Karen and Thom Mathews... lol, I bet coming up for a reason for this has been stumping chronology-obsessed fans for decades now? My guess is that a different company made this movie so they couldn't follow the chronology of the original, but the powers-to-be enjoyed these two actors enough to shamelessly include them anyway in the in-title-only sequel. Besides, it's not like the original left much chronology to follow anyway. 6/10
- Return of the Living Dead 3 - This one was surprisingly awesome. A love story gone completely wrong, and Melinda Clarke's Julie going from spicy chick to dead corpse (x_X) to zombified badass warrior to kick the asses of those gang members was fucking amazing. 7/10
- Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis - Finally, the first movie in the franchise that really disappointed me. The biggest issue is that this felt like a ScyFy cookie-cutter zombie film, where the zombies could be taken out by a single bullet to the head when the zombies earlier in the franchise were pretty indestructible.... even the living dead that were cremated managed to wreak havoc by polluting the environment and create even more zombies. This one just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of them, and was humorless. 4/10
- Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave - I was tempted to write this one off just as I had "Necropolis", but this one does have a fun 'Piranha-remake' guilty pleasure thing going for it. Plus, it actually had that ROTLD humor and wacky logic to it, even bringing back actors from 'Necropolis' with no rhyme or reason just as ROTLD 2 had done. The bad part is that the film somehow expected us to identify with a bunch of druggies which is probably the weakest aspect. It could've been worse... I know I expected much worse based on the title. 5/10

"Is this the part where I take my clothes off?"

ROTLD's Odd Couple

Even for a zombie, that's not very nice...

Yeah, can't say that I'd fuck with her.

Aimee-Lynn Chadwick AKA Discount Amanda Bynes toasts a few zombies in 'Necropolis'

This is what would happen if Amanda Bynes were to go full-on zombie...

LOL I can't even right now...
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:47 pm

I've only seen a few minutes of Return of the Living Dead when I was probably 12 and haven't seen any of the sequels. Zombie movies aren't really my strongest area! Like Lucio Fulci's Zombie is okay but kinda boring too, and Night of the Living Dead might be one of the most overrated movies of all time (sorry <3). Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead aren't bad, but aren't good either lol (Jon tell a lot of lies, but he tells the truth too <3). Dawn of the Dead and its remake tho...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:23 pm

It's all good, Bobby. I don't think I liked Romero's zombie movies as much as most horror fans, either. For me, I always appreciated the small, isolated atmosphere of the rural zombies in Night of the Living Dead compared to the mall urbanized setting of Dawn of the Dead. The original '78 'Dawn' film was so overlong and boring for me that I render it unwatcheable, though the remake is more actionized and faster-paced so I did like that one a good deal.

Day of the Dead, I can take or leave. I just remember a good deal of sexism in that one and how they were trying to 'train' a zombie to be more human. 'Land', I found fairly overrated. And I must have watched both 'Diary' and 'Survival' on good nights for them to earn 7/10 apiece from me, but I remember nothing much about them now so something tells me that they'd probably drop a rating if I were to watch them now.

Fulci <3 But his Zombie wasn't my favorite either, though I did appreciate the presence of Tisa Farrow I Love You There are better Fulci films, and better Italian zombie films. I feel rather middleroad about it... "kinda boring" is understating it considering how much love this one tends to get. Like, for real.

I'd have a hard time picking between Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things or Burial Ground for best retro zombie film, though Rabid and Messiah of Evil are both contendors but oddly I never remember that they're zombie films either since there are even weirder elements to them than just simple zombies.

And of course there was [REC] and its remake that made (infected) zombies scary for the today viewer, like me.... *shudders* I saw Quarantine first, but demonic-possession angle of [REC] and its sequel kicked it up a notch for me.
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:25 am

I watched The Burning a couple nights ago (it looks fantastic on blu), and I was wondering what you guys thought of the final boys? I found them both to be pretty unlikable this time around. Todd is okay for the most part (in a bland sort of way), but he shows no empathy at all for happened to Cropsy and exploiting what happened that night around the campfire was really, really shitty. Alfred really was a total pervert lol (why did he keep looking at Glazer and Sally when it bothered them?), and I don't understand why he thought nobody wanted to be his friend. Fisher Stevens and Jason Alexander were so kind to him. It was incredibly sweet when they stuck up for him against Glazer (who was not as bad as I remembered), and they included him in everything. Both of those guys would have made awesome final boys. They were built up way more than I remembered too. I love watching the characters in The Burning so much. I always feel so bad for Karen too.

[REC] <3. So good. Quarantine is great too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:07 am

Ah, the "final boy" aspect of The Burning. I have things to say about this topic so let me talk outloud about this one.

Todd and Michelle, in sweeter times.

On the whole, I didn't really like this movie's take on a final boy, tbh. Todd was a decent heroic character, but too handsome to be a true fit to the archetype. A true final girl/boy needs to be plain enough so viewers can identify with them throughout the movie. Todd's handsomeness is the only reason I really like him so that's kind of shallow of me. lol. But, he's also too good-looking to identify with too. I always fear more for a female against a hulking killer than a male (especially one who looks as fit to do battle as Todd). I know it sounds gender-specific and overly rigid.... not all slashers can fit the 'Halloween'/'Friday the 13th ' mold, but these ones work for a reason. I think this movie is sort of proof on why a "final boy" doesn't really work that well though I have seen it work better in other slashers.
Take Alfred. He's a character that could've been something more but instead was pushed to the side to give Todd the hero 'edit' (lol @ me making this sound like a Survivor season). It's too bad too because I pick up homoerotic vibes (in concerns to Glazer/Alfred) each time I watch this and Alfred could've made a decent surprise hero if he was written better. A gay final boy in an early 80s slasher? How awesome that would've been. Still, throwing the homoeroticism to the wind and taking Alfred as a straight pervy virgin, he's not positively shown either. Hence the revelation: A girl who is virginal was considered virtuous by 80s standard... a boy who is virginal, however as shown by Alfred, can be considered shameful. And it takes a true all-American good-looker like Todd to save the day. Yeahhhh.... just my insights on this particular aspect of the film. Take them for what you will.

Poive.

That's not to say that I disliked this movie. Quite the contrary. I liked Karen and Eddy and thought they made a cute (albeit dysfunctional) couple, but as you said it was sad seeing Karen get it in the woods after she turned down Eddy's advances. Then Eddy was a victim in the raft massacre. Jason Alexander, as I mentioned somewhere, was pleasant whenever he was on screen but he didn't have much to do aside from being a likeable side character.  Glazer and Sally <3 cute inexperienced couple that gets it because they decide to fuck. They never learn, do they? Granted this was one of the first ones so I guess they can have a pass.

The Burning has plenty going for it:
- Decent atmosphere, at camp, in the woods, and then in the mine
- Realistic unity amongst the campers
- Ominous killer who was SCARY
- Creepy legend that fuels his desire to kill
- That one very good signature kill (on the raft)

Unfortunately, I'll never love this one for its characters and how it plays out. It does have a few okay male characters, but the girls are such wallflowers. I mean, yeah, the pranksters who disfigured Cropsey were all male, but Cropsey still killed girls too so that doesn't excuse giving none of them any presence. Michelle is perhaps the most promising of the females, but she's straddled with the least interesting component of the conclusion in saving the campers whereas Todd gets to take down Cropsey. It should've honestly been the opposite (strong female characters were still a fairly new thing in that day of age), or Alfred could've been more positively portrayed so that he could rise up and take down Cropsey himself.

Sure, one could argue that it was more realistic in how it all played out, but looks aside, Todd just didn't have much going for him and it's not like we can't turn on every other Hollywood flick and see the hunky lead save the day. Hell, even The Final Terror killed off the alpha couple right away and forced its lesser characters to rise to the occasion. I guess every slasher has good elements and bad and this one is just one of the many at its time that showed what worked and what really didn't. I think some of the stuff I talked about is a reason why it's liked but not as beloved as some of the others from its day. It's still a solid little flick though.
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:31 am

How about the Wrong Turn movies, Dan? A fan? Laughing I've seen the first 3 and enjoyed them for what they are. The third gets plenty of hate but I enjoyed it. You can't take them seriously at all but good fun. Not yet seen the others and not sure I will. Maybe at some point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 am

Watch them Neil. 4 is good, 5 is ok and 6 is good (I liked 6 for what it was).

The green inferno: hmm, ok so I got into it. it was a bit OTT at times but it was good. I liked the characters that were in it. I also was rooting for the main girl too which is good. It was very gorey to say the least but it was good. A bit like saw for the gore. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:06 pm

I don't find Todd that attractive lol. He's nice looking I guess (in a really generic blah way), but he's like a robot and the campfire scene/lack of empathy is a real turn off. Eddy and Karen were not a cute couple either :p. She could have done so much better than that guy, and I hate when he's nasty to her in the water because she doesn't want what he does. She seemed like such a nice girl, and he didn't seem to care about her at all. I love watching all the characters though. Woodstock, Dave, and Michelle are my three favorites, and I like all the side ones like Tiger and Marnie a ton too.

Neil I love Wrong Turn!!
The Green Inferno <3. The social justice warriors were so cute <3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Aw c'mon, Bobby... Eddy was a jerk but he was a main character with a personality, and he sort of cooled it after his fallout with Karen (r.i.p.). I think that was a problem with The Burning though, most of the likeable ones were side characters and didn't get any meaty part of the story. Besides, Eddy and Glazer met pretty grisly deaths so that absolves them for being jerkholes tbh. Flawed horror movie logic at its finest, I know, but I'm going with it. Sue me. ^_^

I really need to revisit the earlier Wrong Turn films. I saw the first two with my best friend and we were planning on watching the rest together, but it never materialized so I had to continue on in my lonesome.
- Wrong Turn: Very good horror movie, with a great cast. Desmond Harrington, Eliza Dushku, Jeremy Sisto I Love You, and even Kevin Zegers shows up to get killed early.
- Wrong Turn 2: My favorite in the franchise. It takes a ridiculous concept (a reality TV show?) and makes a bloody entertaining movie out of it. I was SHOCKED when the usual final girl type got killed 45 minutes in.
- Wrong Turn 3: I kind of liked it, but I also saw similar movies with a similar premise (like the 80's Scarecrows and Malevolence, which I talked about on here before) played out much better. Passable.
- Wrong Turn 4: I loved the winter setting, and all the young hotties being isolated in a weird building during a blizzard only to be killed off so horrendously <3 oh joy
- Wrong Turn 5: I found this one completely infuriating. My least favorite in this franchise by far... I don't want to go into the details because I'm not sure how far you are into the franchise, Neil.
- Wrong Turn 6: Again, I'll spare the details... all I'll say is that this was almost like a hybrid of 4 and 5... I think it's got the viciousness and fun of 4 with the annoyingness of 5 mixed in so I was left feeling a bit flat about it. It's like a bowl of your favorite ice cream with ketchup on top.

Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:15 pm

I don't even think Eddy had that much a personality (he's actually not even that big of a character) (controversy today <3). He was mostly an ass, and he was still hostile about the whole situation in the water with Karen (when he was being a total loser) even after she was killed off. I didn't think Glazer was that bad this time around either. The only time he's awful is when he pushes Alfred in the water (who couldn't swim). Otherwise he was really nice to Sally, and was just looking out for her <3. I mean she was being watched in the shower by Alfred, so of course he's gonna hate him and tell him to stop lol. The good characters do get fairly good sized roles too. Michelle, Woodstock, Dave, and Sally all have good sized roles. Woodstock especially (he almost actually seems like he's almost being set up as one of the Survivors. He even gets a scene alone with Todd). I love that Michelle is a bit of a feminist too (<3), and the cast have great chemistry. You really have to watch them in this one. You notice so much when you do (like Marnie's and Dave's cute jabs to one another in the cafeteria, and the scene when Dave and Woodstock say the the same thing at the same time <3). A few of the utr characters don't even need much screentime to leave a lasting impression. They're that real and fierce!! I love that the setting in The Burning actually seems like a real camp too. Tony Maylam and everyone involved did a wonderful job. It's like at times the camera is off and everyone is just interacting (even main characters in the background in certain scenes). I love the structure too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:05 pm

We shall agree to disagree on this one, I guess. If you love it for the characters, then who am I to try to convince you otherwise?  Heart I agree with you otherwise. It may not be the best slasher but it did have a realistic camp location and everyone did seem to gel in terms of group unity. This one just seemed to have a lot of excess people and it's hard to really nail down the people and get to know them if they don't have any real bearing on the plot. And, though realistic, many in this movie don't ever really have any presence (for me) to bother. Hence the reason why I didn't mind even the OTTN personas like Eddy because they at least had notable death scenes.  blah
I had similar complaints about The Final Terror, btw... though I don't think I've discussed this one much since we moved to this forum.  I disliked that one way more though because several consisting the excess fat needed to be knocked off because they were so godawfully annoying. I plan to watch this one again in the future as a wilderness survival instead as a slasher that it's marketed as being. I suspect I'll like it better with that frame of mind.

But, on the flip side. I watched Scalps tonight and liked how every player in this one had a role in the movie and weren't just there to be there. It's never going to be considered grade A cinema (can it even be considered a B-Movie?), but the cast was surprisingly likeable enough and the plot was spot on with no real need to waste much time. The bluray wasn't really good but I take the poor quality as an indication of just how obscure a movie this truly is given it's been banned? Moral of the story - Desecrating an Indian burial ground is NEVER a good idea and you will die or get possessed for doing it. I give it a 6/10 - lesson learned!

Yep, one pissed off Native-American ghost...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Horror Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next